Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
31,161 - 31,180 of 32,000 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jun 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no guarantee anybody plagiarized anything.
YOU claim it... so put up Ethans writings and than Josephs writings... and dates of the writings and where they came from URL, Book, etc.
Put up or Shut up.
Here is a whole study on the topic with references. Knock yourself out.

http://www.utlm.org/onlinebooks/changech5b.ht...

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize what you just stated made no sense at all? That old English didn't use French? Do you know that? People have mixed a word to many words of one language into a primary language they used to write with for whatever the reason be they did it.
So the fact that you claim writers don't interject words from a different language into another shows what you don't know.
French isn't English, old or new, duh!!! LOL!!!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your were the one who claimed the budget wasn't a full disclosure. Maybe you shouldn't talk out of your ass about things you don't know about. This seems to be a common problem between you and your boyfriend today.
Maybe you should not lie and say I was speaking in Fallacies go back and look at everything you are twisting into definites... and not possibilities, or theories, just ALL or NOTHING. Whatever!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You first.
I don't collect tithe, I'm not a tax free organization. DUH!!!
1) Tax Free Organizations are not REQUIRED to post their taxes, debt, or revenue online.

2) I'm not a tax free organization either

3) YOU HAVE A SITE THAT CLAIMS YOU ARE INCORPORATED.. The Anti-Mormon Preservation Society:

If you find something funny about the LDS Church, let me know! I’ll be glad to give you full credit. Or if you’re a Mormon who thinks I'm the Anti-Christ and would like to help me go to hell sooner by sending me a carton of cigarettes (Salem 100’s please), Contact Me! All e-mails sent to me become property of this web master to reprint on this web site as he see’s fit.

My Address is:
Dana Robertson
1150 W 1st St.
Merced, CA 95340
or E-Mail Me
Hate Mail Welcomed !!! 8370
Copyright:© 2002 by “I Hate Mormonism Inc.” Anti-Mormonism— The Worlds Fastest Growing Movement

//DANA - Do you see that word Inc there.... Do you know what that means? It means your incorporated. Your site is Copyrighted... and you hold exclusive rights to use anybody's letters or comments to SLANDER that person... and you are INC,.... lol. looser.
CarolSuttonBelie vedinDANA

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

One time I was making fun of Dana wanting to teach homosexuality to young men in a private setting where he could get to the more ''private'' things ''the young man might need to confess about homosexual yearnings''

telling him he's basically a child molester posing as a priest.

His answer was to claim I, who had at the times something like ''CareEnoughToGoogleIt''

was the woman who reads at his blog, below. This came OUT of the BLUE and he SWEARS HE IS BEING STALKED BY THE OLD LADY BELOW
who WROTE HIM at his BLOG.

LoL.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...

And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
To point out how stupid it is to think that Jews speaking reformed Egyptian comes out as French in a English translation? How is "adieu" a better translation than a simple "so long" or "goodbye?" How do Jews quote Shakespeare before he was born? Hmmm.....
Whewww. You know you would be having a mighty fine point IF, if Smith never claimed to have read from metal plates and he never gave a source to the BOM.
But Smith said he translated the story into words he used called English. Understand? Whether the story he said he was reading was reformed Egyptian or reformed Hebrew or reformed Greek or whatever he wanted to call it really isn't the point. The point is that he claimed and witnesses claimed he read from metal plates and made a translation of what he read into his English and the scribes testified they wrote as he spoke. And in one case he used adieu, a word he would have heard with so many French in that area and to the north.
Adieu wasn't on the plate. Adieu was a translation he decided to use for what he claimed to have read. In this case Smith wanted more than 'goodbye'. So he used Adieu which also translates...'farewell forever' and 'until we meet God.'

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Have them fully disclose and see if you're right, dumbass. Thieves hide, honest churches fully disclose.
lol...are you really tipping the bottle today? Honest churches fully disclose? Please tell me that was the liquor talking...too funny dude....

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I don't know they required membership, that is your claim.
2. Have never heard such, a chance for you to teach me or stop bitching about what you think I should or should not know(And this from an idiot who claim the Word of Wisdom wasn't a commandment in the LDS church)
3. Prove it or stop the bullshit.
4. The fact you haven't proven it yet and just go on like a stupid igit, only tells me you're full of shit(as usual) and can't prove it. Feel free to prove me wrong. Waiting... LOL!!!
See, if you really were read of Mormon history, especially with you being a staunch anti-Mormon, you would have read this material so you could repeat it from memory.
Maybe you should go to this link and read the info.
https://byustudies.byu.edu/PDFViewer.aspx...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
French isn't English, old or new, duh!!! LOL!!!
The fact that Smith used a French word with his English words means nothing. Do you understand? One of the meanings of 'adieu' meant something to Smith, that's why he used it. Not a lot else to it really.
He could have easily have used cheerio! I'm sure he was well acquainted with that one. What if he had? It's an old world word. Not an American word. What would you say if he had used cheerio?

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
See, if you really were read of Mormon history, especially with you being a staunch anti-Mormon, you would have read this material so you could repeat it from memory.
Maybe you should go to this link and read the info.
https://byustudies.byu.edu/PDFViewer.aspx...
Well, well, well... you were right about Smith not having a membership at THAT library! You were right that you needed a membership to access the books:

"Even though Joseph Smith and others involved in the early years of the
Restoration could have had access to the Manchester Library (insofar as
anyone who paid the necessary membership fees could participate fully in
the activities of the library), none of the principal individuals—including
Joseph—became a member nor made direct use of its resources. None of
the library’s secretary books, of which there are three extant at the Ontario
County Historical Society, lists any patron who affiliated himself with the
new church."

But the reason you didn't want to reveal this source soon becomes clear, because it makes your point moot:

"Moreover, if Joseph had wished to explore the literary materials of the day, it would have been unnecessary to travel the five miles to Manchester when in Palmyra, only two miles distant, there were several book-stores and at least one library, the contents of which he would have been free to peruse.

"Timothy C. Strong, owner and editor of the Palmyra Register (1817–21),
announced the opening of a bookstore in December 1817 located in his Palmyra printing office. In May 1818, he announced he had received a new selection of books. And in September 1818, about 250 volumes were advertised by title in his weekly.21 (Numerous books included in this last shipment were later to be found in the Manchester Library, suggesting that the Manchester Library Society may have acquired many of its early volumes from Strong’s Palmyra Bookstore.)

"In December 1820, and later in October 1822, other bookstores were opened in Palmyra, one by Leonard Wescott and another by E. F. Marshall, respectively, offering works on science, history, religion, philosophy, medicine, and travel.22 After Pomeroy Tucker and E. B. Grandin purchased Strong’s newspaper in 1823, changing its name to the Wayne Sentinel, they opened the Wayne County Bookstore, stocking “a general and well selected
assortment of books.”23 (Tucker and Grandin changed the name of their bookstore back to Palmyra Bookstore in 1826.) Shipments of a wide variety of books seemed to arrive regularly about every year or so from 1818 on.24

"Bookstores were also located in Canandaigua, eight miles south of the Smith farm. Here J. D. Bemis, owner and editor of the Ontario Repository as well as local book printer and publisher, operated the Canandaigua Bookstore, whole a rival, H. Tyler, operated the Ontario Bookstore.25

"As early as 1819, and occasionally thereafter, book auctions were held in Palmyra. In one case,“scores” of books were received from New York City “comprising history, divinity, medicine, law, travels.” 26 During the winter of 1822–23, a library was established in Palmyra. Later, in 1828, E. B. Grandin, publisher of the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon, established a circulating library for the public in Palmyra.27 The availability of
bookstores and libraries in Palmyra, together with the fact that the Smith family regularly obtained the Palmyra Register and later the Wayne Sentinel from the newspaper office which doubled as a bookstore, would have mitigated the need to travel nearly three times the distance to acquire literary materials from the Manchester area.28

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

"Clearly Joseph Smith had access to a wide range of books in that he
lived in proximity to libraries and bookstores. The larger question as to
whether he actually made use of these materials, either from libraries and
bookstores or from privately owned sources, remains an issue which con-
tinues to elude definitive treatment. We can be reasonably certain, how-
ever, that young Joseph did not exploit the resources of the Manchester
Library......If Joseph in fact did not avail himself of published books at this early date, however, there still remains a wide range of literary sources to which he may have had access, such as newspapers, lectures and tracts (both religious and political), and almanacs. Such sources would certainly be more in keeping with his informal educational background, and that of his frontier neighbors. The existence of these other sources may, in fact, account more directly for
Joseph’s probable noninvolvement with the Manchester Library and perhaps most other libraries and bookstores of his region.

Even your LDS source doesn't prove Smith didn't make up the Book of Mormon from the books available during that time.

Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot there. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...are you really tipping the bottle today? Honest churches fully disclose? Please tell me that was the liquor talking...too funny dude....
Thieves hide their activities, honest churches have nothing to hide. The LDS church budget is more secret than the temple ceremony. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Tax Free Organizations are not REQUIRED to post their taxes, debt, or revenue online.
2) I'm not a tax free organization either
3) YOU HAVE A SITE THAT CLAIMS YOU ARE INCORPORATED.. The Anti-Mormon Preservation Society:
If you find something funny about the LDS Church, let me know! I’ll be glad to give you full credit. Or if you’re a Mormon who thinks I'm the Anti-Christ and would like to help me go to hell sooner by sending me a carton of cigarettes (Salem 100’s please), Contact Me! All e-mails sent to me become property of this web master to reprint on this web site as he see’s fit.
My Address is:
Dana Robertson
1150 W 1st St.
Merced, CA 95340
or E-Mail Me
Hate Mail Welcomed !!! 8370
Copyright:© 2002 by “I Hate Mormonism Inc.” Anti-Mormonism— The Worlds Fastest Growing Movement
//DANA - Do you see that word Inc there.... Do you know what that means? It means your incorporated. Your site is Copyrighted... and you hold exclusive rights to use anybody's letters or comments to SLANDER that person... and you are INC,.... lol. looser.
(That was a joke, can't you understand the concept of satire there? If you can't, you are even more ignorant than even I consider you) LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should not lie and say I was speaking in Fallacies go back and look at everything you are twisting into definites... and not possibilities, or theories, just ALL or NOTHING. Whatever!
Whatever, Miss Too Stupid And Dishonest To Own What She Says! LOL!!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

CarolSuttonBelievedinDANA wrote:
One time I was making fun of Dana wanting to teach homosexuality to young men in a private setting where he could get to the more ''private'' things ''the young man might need to confess about homosexual yearnings''
telling him he's basically a child molester posing as a priest.
His answer was to claim I, who had at the times something like ''CareEnoughToGoogleIt''
was the woman who reads at his blog, below. This came OUT of the BLUE and he SWEARS HE IS BEING STALKED BY THE OLD LADY BELOW
who WROTE HIM at his BLOG.
LoL.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...
And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA
I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:
Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.
As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it.
And the psycho shows her true nature again.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Thanks to our 2 resident nutjobs, the river of ignorance runs deep tonight. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Boyd K Packer brought his cocaine to work again. LOL!!!

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/02/21/part-...
Pud

Wilmington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, well, well... you were right about Smith not having a membership at THAT library! You were right that you needed a membership to access the books:
"Even though Joseph Smith and others involved in the early years of the
Restoration could have had access to the Manchester Library (insofar as
anyone who paid the necessary membership fees could participate fully in
the activities of the library), none of the principal individuals—including
Joseph—became a member nor made direct use of its resources. None of
the library’s secretary books, of which there are three extant at the Ontario
County Historical Society, lists any patron who affiliated himself with the
new church."
But the reason you didn't want to reveal this source soon becomes clear, because it makes your point moot:
"Moreover, if Joseph had wished to explore the literary materials of the day, it would have been unnecessary to travel the five miles to Manchester when in Palmyra, only two miles distant, there were several book-stores and at least one library, the contents of which he would have been free to peruse.
"Timothy C. Strong, owner and editor of the Palmyra Register (1817–21),
announced the opening of a bookstore in December 1817 located in his Palmyra printing office. In May 1818, he announced he had received a new selection of books. And in September 1818, about 250 volumes were advertised by title in his weekly.21 (Numerous books included in this last shipment were later to be found in the Manchester Library, suggesting that the Manchester Library Society may have acquired many of its early volumes from Strong’s Palmyra Bookstore.)
"In December 1820, and later in October 1822, other bookstores were opened in Palmyra, one by Leonard Wescott and another by E. F. Marshall, respectively, offering works on science, history, religion, philosophy, medicine, and travel.22 After Pomeroy Tucker and E. B. Grandin purchased Strong’s newspaper in 1823, changing its name to the Wayne Sentinel, they opened the Wayne County Bookstore, stocking “a general and well selected
assortment of books.”23 (Tucker and Grandin changed the name of their bookstore back to Palmyra Bookstore in 1826.) Shipments of a wide variety of books seemed to arrive regularly about every year or so from 1818 on.24
"Bookstores were also located in Canandaigua, eight miles south of the Smith farm. Here J. D. Bemis, owner and editor of the Ontario Repository as well as local book printer and publisher, operated the Canandaigua Bookstore, whole a rival, H. Tyler, operated the Ontario Bookstore.25
"As early as 1819, and occasionally thereafter, book auctions were held in Palmyra. In one case,“scores” of books were received from New York City “comprising history, divinity, medicine, law, travels.” 26 During the winter of 1822–23, a library was established in Palmyra. Later, in 1828, E. B. Grandin, publisher of the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon, established a circulating library for the public in Palmyra.27 The availability of
bookstores and libraries in Palmyra, together with the fact that the Smith family regularly obtained the Palmyra Register and later the Wayne Sentinel from the newspaper office which doubled as a bookstore, would have mitigated the need to travel nearly three times the distance to acquire literary materials from the Manchester area.28
It is interesting to note that so many so called Bible-based religious dance around the Second Commandment. All books, by definition, contain "graven images". IMHO the only good (true) Christian is an illiterate one. BTW, the master of the graven image was Philo Farnsworth. He was BYU LDS. Check him out/

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
lol.....I wish your memory was better, I really do.

Long ago when we had this discussion, it was you after my asking you because of a claim you made of book stores existing near Smith, that you gave me links to pretty much the same info that guy revealed. You are the one that proved what you claimed was true the book stores did exist in that area. You don't remember doing that?
The problem with the book stores is the problem that still exists. There's no proof Smith bought books from those book stores. Because if he bought books and read the books, he would have done what people did in those days, he would have kept the books he bought. He would have built a library from the books he accumulated. This personal library would have went with him from place to place in a trunk.
And the problem is there are no written records of Smith having a personal library. And that fact takes away the theory he purchased books from book stores. And that's why it's speculated "Smith could have..." purchased books from book stores.
And we discussed this months ago. I wasn't hiding any info we hadn't already discussed that you aren't remembering for what ever reason. The links you gave me gave me further reason to research the matter we discussed. I gave you credit for that than.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2014

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
(That was a joke, can't you understand the concept of satire there? If you can't, you are even more ignorant than even I consider you) LOL!!!
You are just too stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
South Salt Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Salt Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••