Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

MORMON vs M00NBAT

Gridley, CA

#32032 Jan 29, 2014
A sick bitch is one who starts a Bible oriented site looking for "like minded ex Mormons interested in introducing minor children to homosexuality,

getting a letter from some old lady who thinks you're a legitimate pastor, then melting down because we Mormons are making mincemeat of you and your homosexual priests doctrines, your not knowing the Bible, your bizarre fixation on genitals and general creepiness,

and printing your OWN blog reader mail to you from YOUR OWN BLOG - a place none of us, even knew about -

claiming ONE OLD 65 year-old LADY was here MAKING YOU MELT DOWN in SHAME.

Here it is - page 994:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...

"And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it."
__________
"AWL the SPELLING MISTAKES IN the LETTERS WAS HERS."

"I KNOW THIS BECAUSE "SHE PURTIND" TO BE"

BWaH HaH HaH Hah hah hah hah!

That kind of kooky stuff
is why your MI'KMaQ Indian name is "Little Boy Lap Dances".

Homosexual Priest Cheerleading Hick.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't enough razor blades and laxatives in the world to purge all the demons in my head. I'm one sick bitch.
MORMON vs M00NBAT

Gridley, CA

#32033 Jan 29, 2014
We know yours: put up an ad saying there's a competition among you to see who can molest the most and let the games begin.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a different system on how people become pastors and ministers.
MORMON vs M00NBAT

Gridley, CA

#32034 Jan 29, 2014
Here ya go hillbilly
The NORTH AMERICAN MicMac Indians:

Who WRITE using MODIFIED ANCIENT EGYPTIAN

****Their written language: Discovered in 1609****

**** 200 YEARS before Joe Smith was born.****

Mi'kMak INDIAN Characters on the left,- Ancient EGYPTIAN on the Right.

http://goo.gl/B9mKOH

======
More

Mi'kMaQ on LEFT: Ancient Egyption on RIGHT

http://goo.gl/qFbUhh

More

Mi'kMaQ Indian on LEFT: Ancient Egyptian on RIGHT.

http://goo.gl/wQ8Mvr

=======
These are
NEPHITE CHARACTERS
from Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon
by the fallen people

who called themselves

The Nephites,

that Joseph Smith said

was in

Reformed Egyptian.
=======
http://goo.gl/YaIA0M
=======
How the NEPHITE CHARACTERS were PRESERVED.
=======
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon_Transcrip ...
=======

Nephite on the Left - Mi'kMak Indian, on the Right.

http://goo.gl/UHVB9W

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32035 Jan 29, 2014
Concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you LOL ROFL who writes to all here they don't tell you what to do.
HYPOCRITE is what you are.
Take any point you wish from posts, pasted or not and try to refute it. I will respond with my words.
As I have posted in these threads many times some of what you call cut and pastes are my own documents so what you ask I have done numerous times.
Again I cut and paste to save time.
The LDS here try to make a set of rules that does not allow open and fair debate.
To introduce documents in a formal debate or in a court of Law is how one makes a cognitive rational logical debate.
In essence what you are saying is Sorry prosecution you are not allowed to enter any evidence, you can only use your own subjective feelings in your own words to make your case. LOL sorry I don't live by you screwed up notions of debate.
I understand that is normal for an LDS, as you choose your faith based on your own feelings and ignore the reality of evidence historical and biblical in the world but as for me and my family we follow the WORD of God an leave our feelings at the door as we know we are fallen imperfect beings and that we are to align our Feelings to the Word of God not the other way around like the LDS do.
If you can't refute the evidence at hand at least have the decency to say so because all you are doing with posts like above is pumping hot smelly air and showing the world your inability to give reasons in and out of season for that which believe.
You haven't brought up an argument of your own... you just copy paste. What is your debate about the Christian Faith? Someone here will debate with you... if not me than someone else. All you have is name calling and copy pasting other peoples opinions. Debate if you want to.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

#32036 Jan 29, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>It is a different system on how people become pastors and ministers. Those people seek out the positions, whereas all callings in the LDS church are chosen from someone above. And it is how these people are claimed to be chosen by your church in which I'm dealing with.
Not true. Pastors and ministers of Christian denominations say they received the call from God. Some go on to start their church, but most apply to a church who are in need of a minister and have an opening. After meeting the "applicant," the church board get together to discuss the prospective minister and to "pray" for "inspiration" as to whether this person is the one to lead their church. Even in the mega churches this is how it is done. It's just more like applying to become the CEO of a some major corporation. But no one is chosen without "prayer," "inspiration," and "careful consideration."

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32037 Jan 29, 2014
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Pastors and ministers of Christian denominations say they received the call from God. Some go on to start their church, but most apply to a church who are in need of a minister and have an opening. After meeting the "applicant," the church board get together to discuss the prospective minister and to "pray" for "inspiration" as to whether this person is the one to lead their church. Even in the mega churches this is how it is done. It's just more like applying to become the CEO of a some major corporation. But no one is chosen without "prayer," "inspiration," and "careful consideration."
The congregation has a say so in who is chosen. All the decisions are made by the that church, not from some head office. People can say anything, the people know this. It isn't the same as saying you have a prophet receiving direct revelation from God. If a pastor turns out to be bastard, people can also just leave the church for another without fearing lost of their salvation. In Mormonism you have to attend the ward you are assigned to be counted as an active member. If you are trapped with a lousy Bishop, tough.

Major differences.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32038 Jan 29, 2014
MORMON vs M00NBAT wrote:
Here ya go hillbilly
The NORTH AMERICAN MicMac Indians:
Who WRITE using MODIFIED ANCIENT EGYPTIAN
****Their written language: Discovered in 1609****
**** 200 YEARS before Joe Smith was born.****
Mi'kMak INDIAN Characters on the left,- Ancient EGYPTIAN on the Right.
http://goo.gl/B9mKOH
======
More
Mi'kMaQ on LEFT: Ancient Egyption on RIGHT
http://goo.gl/qFbUhh
More
Mi'kMaQ Indian on LEFT: Ancient Egyptian on RIGHT.
http://goo.gl/wQ8Mvr
=======
These are
NEPHITE CHARACTERS
from Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon
by the fallen people
who called themselves
The Nephites,
that Joseph Smith said
was in
Reformed Egyptian.
=======
http://goo.gl/YaIA0M
=======
How the NEPHITE CHARACTERS were PRESERVED.
=======
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthon_Transcrip ...
=======
Nephite on the Left - Mi'kMak Indian, on the Right.
http://goo.gl/UHVB9W
You can repost it a 1,000 times and all you will have is deformed English. Definition of Stupid: doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. LOL!!!
wontdrinkthekool aid

South Jordan, UT

#32039 Jan 29, 2014
I'll break it down for you. the christian God was never once a man, the christian Jesus is not the brother of Satan. enough for you to see the difference? you can put all the "but we believe..." in front of what ever similarities you want, it boils down to the fact that mormons are not christian.
Concerned in Brasil

Copenhagen, Denmark

#32040 Jan 29, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't brought up an argument of your own... you just copy paste. What is your debate about the Christian Faith? Someone here will debate with you... if not me than someone else. All you have is name calling and copy pasting other peoples opinions. Debate if you want to.
Sorry for you, you are disingenuous and now a Liar as your post above is a blatant lie.

So much for your faith.

Blessings.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#32041 Jan 29, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a different system on how people become pastors and ministers. Those people seek out the positions, whereas all callings in the LDS church are chosen from someone above. And it is how these people are claimed to be chosen by your church in which I'm dealing with.
I know you luv it when I toss in my two cents worth so I will ;)P

If you are speaking of a comparable difference where in certain Christian religions they don't pray for guidance for a minister, if you're referencing those type that basically put an ad for a minister out there and consider who would be best by just consideration of those applying for a job, you have a point as the LDS leaders pray and ask for guidance as to who will fill a position. And sometimes they come together not once, not twice but several times till they get an answer.
But in most Christian religions that are seeking a minister to fill a position,(I get this info from a dead grandmother that was a Baptist and how her church worked it, by prayer and a sister that's been through several Christian religions in her life and states the leaders in her past and present church always pray for guidance before hiring a minister and, my dad who's been through several Christian religions who has stated the leaders pray for guidance in his past and present church before hiring a pastor. I also took note of this being done by leaders while in my youth and being a young adult in several different Christian religions.
So I believe the fact if you were to visit say ten different Christian churches in your area, I would bet they all would tell you they seek guidance through prayer before hiring a minister. I would bet not a single one would tell you no they don't use prayer to hire a minister.
..........
This also sets forth a question for you to hopefully answer intelligently. Pretending Mormons are the devils children as you claim them since you state they aren't Christians, ministers in their ranks committing all sorts of sins/crimes should be an everyday occurrence. The whole church's leadership should have been convicted of one or more crimes from rape to murder to financial theft etc.
With that said since you claim modern Christianity is of God, a statement you have repeated in here, why don't you explain why there are so many bona-fide Christian ministers convicted of just sex crimes if God leads, instructs, influences modern Christianity? And explain why so many have been convicted of other grevious crimes/sins?
According to your logic, modern Christianity guided by God should be almost free of it's ministers who have been accused/convicted of sex crimes. That is your original claim/insinuation, that if God chooses a minister they will never commit a sexual crime against youth. Yet we can find just on the web links to fifties to hundreds of Christian ministers of various faiths convicted of such sex crimes going back for years. How do you explain it?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#32042 Jan 29, 2014
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please continue to lie your way deeper into that rank noxious pit you live in. You can't dig yourself out anymore. It's too late for you to ever see sunshine or breathe fresh air, you've doomed yourself. It's really sad.
Lie....? lol.....it's all you do in here. Lying is what you luv to do. You take information, give a lying twist and present it as something else. Liken you did with that apostle you "claimed" had a sports car bought for him out of the church's $. You were a liar than because lying is what you naturally love to do. You don't have a fricking honest bone in your body except for when you need to act like you have one when the situation calls for you to be what you aren't.
You lied about that kid that offed himself, claiming it was the parents fault when his best friend, the one he confided in the most, stated after his death bullies at school was the reason he killed himself. Others stated his parents had accepted his being gay. You called them all liars. You told me they were all full of *hit and were all lying *ss dogs(to summarize what you called them).
Than you lied about knowing the kid "personally". You lied about how much you loved and or liked and or cared about the kid. You lied because anyone that really loved and cared for someone who they saw might be committing suicide would have did anything even by the law to stop them. You did nothing. You did absolutely nothing because you didn't know the kid personally. You had a chance to bad mouth two Mormon parents because all you know is hate and rage and lies of others you love to make up.
Gawd it must suck to be you at times.....I really truly feel sorry for who you choose not to be.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#32043 Jan 29, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Full of shit isn't "well informed", it's just shittier. Apparently you're not smart enough to get sarcasm either.
Come on, that's the best you can do for a derogatory remark from your dad of lies? Hmmm? Please tell me you have something filthier and nastier to say than that? You're becoming a disappointment dude.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#32044 Jan 29, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The congregation has a say so in who is chosen. All the decisions are made by the that church, not from some head office. People can say anything, the people know this. It isn't the same as saying you have a prophet receiving direct revelation from God. If a pastor turns out to be bastard, people can also just leave the church for another without fearing lost of their salvation. In Mormonism you have to attend the ward you are assigned to be counted as an active member. If you are trapped with a lousy Bishop, tough.
Major differences.
Wrong. The congregation is usually informed of who the next minister will be after the church's leadership has counseled (usually by prayer) together and chooses that minister as they feel guided by God in their choosing. The actual membership usually doesn't do the hiring and letting go of ministers. So the membership usually isn't involved. The elected leadership of that church does it for them. That is why they are called the leaders of the church. The fact you have a few times now proved you don't believe this process takes place shows how little you know. Because according to you, modern Christianity religions forego prayer when hiring a minister and just choose one and that by your logic explain why so many Christian ministers are convicted of crimes, because God wasn't sought out in prayer, your logic dude. By the way (this is a trap question) how many child molesters do you have running your church as ministers hmmm? Ministers hired without God's influence are child molesters/criminals waiting to happen according to you.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32045 Jan 29, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, that's the best you can do for a derogatory remark from your dad of lies? Hmmm? Please tell me you have something filthier and nastier to say than that? You're becoming a disappointment dude.
My dead Mormon dad of lies? LOL!!!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32046 Jan 29, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The congregation is usually informed of who the next minister will be after the church's leadership has counseled (usually by prayer) together and chooses that minister as they feel guided by God in their choosing. The actual membership usually doesn't do the hiring and letting go of ministers. So the membership usually isn't involved. The elected leadership of that church does it for them. That is why they are called the leaders of the church. The fact you have a few times now proved you don't believe this process takes place shows how little you know. Because according to you, modern Christianity religions forego prayer when hiring a minister and just choose one and that by your logic explain why so many Christian ministers are convicted of crimes, because God wasn't sought out in prayer, your logic dude. By the way (this is a trap question) how many child molesters do you have running your church as ministers hmmm? Ministers hired without God's influence are child molesters/criminals waiting to happen according to you.
Crack is wack, No Standards. Put the pipe down, stop whining like a little bitch. LOL!!!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32048 Jan 29, 2014
MORMON M00NBAT wrote:
We know yours: put up an ad saying there's a competition among you to see who can molest the most and let the games begin.
<quoted text>
No, the LDS Bishops have already filled those positions.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32049 Jan 29, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
My dead Mormon dad of lies? LOL!!!
You are sick... you are laughing because your own dad is dead?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#32050 Jan 30, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sick... you are laughing because your own dad is dead?
Yeah, he was a lousy Mormon bastard.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32051 Jan 30, 2014
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he was a lousy Mormon bastard.
Why?
pearl

Sandy, UT

#32052 Jan 30, 2014
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't brought up an argument of your own... you just copy paste. What is your debate about the Christian Faith? Someone here will debate with you... if not me than someone else. All you have is name calling and copy pasting other peoples opinions. Debate if you want to.
He has provided an argument of his own.{Notice how he got Donut Holes goat} When someone speaks their opinion, you scream for evidence, When he provides evidence, you scream for them to make their own argument. He's done both. Now where's your evidence that you created the world? A claim you made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salt Lake City Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... 17 hr Hunter 2
News FBI Offering $50K Reward For Lyle Jeffs' Capture Sat Julie 4
News Looking back at the 1983 flood that sent a rive... Sat Lydia 2
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Sat Roy R 18
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Sat Dahalu 80
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Sat Dahalu 800
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Sat Sheaqua 20

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages