Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#29408 Nov 17, 2013
*you'll

“Shibari Master”

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29409 Nov 18, 2013
well, Im a former Mormon, and Im in town for two more days. Any females want to fornicate or commit adultery?? Im great at Japanese style bondage, give good spankings and drug and disease free. If youre shaved, Im all about giving oral. You can tell me all about God's plan for us as I make you scream his name.

Marysville, CA

#29410 Nov 18, 2013
DaddyDoesABodyGood wrote:
well, Im a former Mormon, and Im in town for two more days. Any females want to fornicate or commit adultery?? Im great at Japanese style bondage, give good spankings and drug and disease free. If youre shaved, Im all about giving oral. You can tell me all about God's plan for us as I make you scream his name.
It's funny when Mormons pretend they're Ex when they post. They always end up making themselves look like jackasses.

Marysville, CA

#29411 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dana, there's someone you can identify with. He was disillusioned with the new LDS race attitude policy like you!
Stupidity about what the LDS church really taught isn't gonna save it. Doesn't make you look too bright either.

Marysville, CA

#29412 Nov 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. There wasn't a contradiction except if you twist the information to glean one where there was none which you and dana do so very often it's becoming a normal pattern of you both.
There's a distinction you're for some reason based in idiocy not acknowledging. That's on you.
It's not twisting when you quote it word for word. It is twisting when you refuse to understand the plain English meaning of the statement.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#29413 Nov 18, 2013
Of course Mormons are Christians.

Catholic, Calvinist, Baptist, Methodist, Mormon, KKK, Mennonite, Quaker, JW, Christadelphian, etc, etc, etc.

With literally thousands of different denominations, sects and cults to choose from, what's a believer to do?

Why you just choose the words that best fit your agenda.

Hate gays? There's plenty of homophobic scriptures to get busy with.

Or do you think women are inferior to men? Well, you can read Paul.

Want to have lots of wives? No doubt there are biblical texts to support that.

Fancy becoming a snake-handler? Well, you know where to find scriptures for that.

How about rolling around the floor like a blithering idiot and speaking a load of incomprehensible baby talk? Yes, that'll be in the bible too.

Hell, we can see from recent history that you can even arm yourself with automatic weapons and hole up in a fenced compound.

Don't fancy that one? Ah well, maybe there's scriptures where you get to live in the jungle and drink poisoned Kool Aid.

Marysville, CA

#29414 Nov 18, 2013
What was interesting to me about this list was how many of the acts were committed by former members

http://spamldsarchive.blogspot.com/p/spam-inc...

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29415 Nov 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny when Mormons pretend they're Ex when they post. They always end up making themselves look like jackasses.
No Dana what REALLY funny to everyone with an IQ over 60 (unlike you) is a person so obsessed with what other people believe that they spend hours arguing with those people rather than look at the emptiness that is their own life.

As for me, Yes I was raised in the church, but I realized when I was quite young all religion is just a myth to control others.

I mean YOU are proof its all fake, because after reading your posts, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe Noah put just two JACKASSES on the Ark.

But, I have also found that there is nothing hornier than a repressed Mormon girl or wife, and they are the best sex I get while on business trips.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29416 Nov 18, 2013
That is just blatantly disgusting. Did you come here to offend female Mormons?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29417 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>
No Dana what REALLY funny to everyone with an IQ over 60 (unlike you) is a person so obsessed with what other people believe that they spend hours arguing with those people rather than look at the emptiness that is their own life.
As for me, Yes I was raised in the church, but I realized when I was quite young all religion is just a myth to control others.
I mean YOU are proof its all fake, because after reading your posts, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe Noah put just two JACKASSES on the Ark.
But, I have also found that there is nothing hornier than a repressed Mormon girl or wife, and they are the best sex I get while on business trips.
Love the Noah joke... that was hysterical.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#29418 Nov 18, 2013
You would probably get more replies if you posted on Provo Craigslist.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29419 Nov 18, 2013
Hey did you guys know they found the location where Moses crossed the Red Sea?

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/red-sea-crossing.h...

They have a movie about it also it's called "The Exodus Revealed: Searching for the Red Sea Crossing"
They have it available on Amazon for 10 bucks.

They literally found the chariot wheels covered in coral reefs and they explain how they were able to cross on a natural underwater bridge. The movie is great.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29420 Nov 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you his pimp now?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29421 Nov 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back, reread the posts, and you're figure it out.
lol...damm you're an idiot at times and prove what I say is sooooo true of you.
I made a comment.
You made this statement.."As for your "evidence". I said the very same thing concerning the honesty of membership numbers listed and you cried foul at the time."
I asked what you were speaking of.
You should have reflected to the post you claim exists that you had previously stated in more or less the same.."As for your "evidence". I said the very same thing concerning the honesty of membership numbers listed and you cried foul at the time."
But instead you tell me to go verify a post you claim exists to prove what you're to fricking lazy to paste is true??? You're idiocy has no boundaries, absolutely no boundaries.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29422 Nov 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity about what the LDS church really taught isn't gonna save it. Doesn't make you look too bright either.
lol...me too bright???...lol....you and him didn't like the fact the LDS church allowed black males to hold the priesthood and you both were/still are racists and disillusioned with the LDS church over that issue...what did I miss in that commonality between you and him? Hmm? lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29423 Nov 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not twisting when you quote it word for word. It is twisting when you refuse to understand the plain English meaning of the statement.
You don't fricking read...lol. What is wrong with you're reading comprehension? Is this a mental disability you have going?

I said... "Umm, there's no difference between a non-Mormon and a non-active Mormon. They are essentially one and the same for habits/addictions etc except one has their name on the LDS records."
Pearl replied, not word for word as you imagine she said... "So, me being a non-Mormon and you being a non-active Mormon are essentially one in the same? I'm going to have a hard time wrapping my head around that one."
I made a reference to habits and addictions as the correlation between non-Mormons and Mormons. Some how pearl decided that made her and I one and the same which isn't what I stated and which isn't what she stated I said word for word.
I'm beginning to understand a possibility for your inability to comprehend what was actually written and how you twist it to mean what wasn't stated. You ever been seen for learning disabilities?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#29424 Nov 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
What was interesting to me about this list was how many of the acts were committed by former members
http://spamldsarchive.blogspot.com/p/spam-inc...
You're assuming the acts were committed by former members correct? I read down eight links ((second link didn't work) and only the eighth link stated the two kids were 'attending Mormon kids' of two different wards. Where are all the references of former members doing the vandalism? Are you guessing because the vandalism is happening in Utah in the first 7 links? Just curious.

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29425 Nov 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just blatantly disgusting. Did you come here to offend female Mormons?
To answer your question honestly, NO, I did not come here to offend female Mormons.

I did come here to kill some time, and what I said is true, I do find a lot of sexual partners, particularly Mormon ones, exactly like that. But, again to be totally honest, it was semi serious and semi sarcastic, because I love how vehement non Mormons have to be when they try to insult your faith.

I have never understood why people like Dana feel it so necessary to justify their own false belief, by slamming others false belief. It only proves they have not the courage of their own convictions.( Oh, Dana, that means you are scared that what you believe is wrong, so you justify it by tearing down those who do not believe as you do, because deep inside you are afraid what you believe is actually wrong.)( Sorry Sport, had to 'splain that for the folks on the short bus.)

But really, think about it, all "people of faith" are in essence arguing that " my invisible man in the sky can beat up your invisible man in the sky!" If they really have faith in what they believe, they would simply explain why they believe it, and that would suffice. Its only those who have that twinge of doubt that must degrade others to justify themselves. And any Mormon who argues with these people are being hypocritical in that one of the articles of faith tell you to let them worship who or what they may. I personally have no problem letting anyone believe whatever they want, hell, I'm not against prayer in schools, or the word God in the pledge or on the money. I think Darwin had a point and so did Gandhi. I believe the meaning of life is a cheeseburger, in that its flat and plain in the beginning, flat and plain in the end, the only real meat is in the middle and before you're satisfied, its all gone. I also believe there is a place for Santa Clause in every child's life because what a wonderment it is to believe in things fantastical.

If you Mormons had the true courage of YOUR convictions, this thread would have died after three posts, one, the original, two someone stating Mormons aren't Christian, and one Mormon stating that they are. But it just shows that no one really has faith, or truly believes OR practices what they preach.

So, any Mormon girls want to get turned over Daddy's knee and spanked like the naughty little girl you are?? LOL

“Shibari Master”

Location hidden

#29426 Nov 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
That PROVO, CL, GOt it, I'll say HI to your daughter for ya. lol Love BYU girls.

You know the difference between a BYU co-ed and a police car? It takes TWO polices cars to block and alley.

Lets give them the ol' BYU Cheer,,, READY?,,,, OK,,, BYU,, BYU,, Where the girls are girls and the boys are too!

What do you get when you give up Mormonism? A ten percent raise in pay and weekends off!

Why do you always take TWO Mormons fishing with you??? Cause if you take just one, he'll drink all your beer.

Location hidden

#29427 Nov 18, 2013
<quoted text>That PROVO, CL, GOt it, I'll say HI to your daughter for ya. lol Love BYU girls.

You know the difference between a BYU co-ed and a police car? It takes TWO polices cars to block and alley.

Lets give them the ol' BYU Cheer,,, READY?,,,, OK,,, BYU,, BYU,, Where the girls are girls and the boys are too!

What do you get when you give up Mormonism? A ten percent raise in pay and weekends off!

Why do you always take TWO Mormons fishing with you??? Cause if you take just one, he'll drink all your beer.
What's the best thing to come out of Utah county? I15
My kids went out of state..BYU is a joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DACA illegal in Utah have jobs Americans would ... Fri Rob 1
Illegal aliens taking jobs citizens woud love ... Fri Rob 1
News 'These kids are fighting back': Salt Lake stude... Feb 21 JBRAWL 1
News Salt Lake church shields Utah mom from deportation Feb 20 Bloodonhishands 2
News Romney declines to say whether he'd run for Uta... Feb 20 Bloodonhishands 16
Review: Malinda Marie Atkins Feb 19 MALINDA 1
Looking for male photographer who does boudoir/... (Feb '17) Feb 18 Scott 2

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages