Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29013 Nov 8, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and with that evidence how, oh how, could I possibly be Pearl?
You keep talking. I will keep responding.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29014 Nov 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Curtis, our resident nutjobs say you were a lousy elder. They know because they studied up on this. One of them is an expert because he was an active Mormon for 3 WHOLE MONTHS! Got excommunicated after 3 yrs, why? Oh, that's a government secret, but god damn if he doesn't know just everything about you, what you were thinking, and what kind of member you were! He also thinks Joseph Smith married all those already married women just to hold their hands, never even kissed them goodnight, even if he was sleeping in the same bed they were.
But if you had just shut up, didn't think for yourself, did what you were damned told to do without question, you could still attend BYU. It's all your fault!
Also watch out for No Surprises girlfriend, sportsmouse/Carol. She will be here soon telling us how you left the church because you were a homosexual child molester. She's a wonderful member of the LDS church.
First. I am not Carol. Dana made that up.

//
You are the one who makes excuses and blames others to justify your inappropriate behaviors... all the while YOU pervert and molest the Gospel... taking and adding what you want from it... including the entire book of Genesis

and threatening that you yourself would:

-> "Crucify Jesus Christ himself" for teaching the things you don't agree with

-> "kill his HOLY Prophets"... then claiming God told you to do it

You in this very thread have called God the Father a "bastard", a "pig", "retarded"

You promote any sexual behavior including bestiality and encouraging people to act on their desires not God's..

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#29015 Nov 8, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Condescending? Really? That's interesting. And all this time I was shooting for more of a tres doux. So, why don't you tell me, since you know everything, even what is in another's heart, how do you think you come across in your posts? Wise? Thoughtful? Passionate? Or do you think there's a chance in hell you seem as though your medications are not being monitored?
I know everything? lol...I never said or implied any such thing. But it's interesting that as you claim dana's an animal and want me to confirm it you now claim I know everything. You seem to think you know more than you actually do. Most of your posts are very condescending and over sarcastic. Yet you think we are to address such sarcasm and condescending speech from you and to treat such speech as normal and common speech. And much of your speech mirror Dana's speech patterns for attempts at immature, childish sayings and foul things you think will injure someone's mental and or emotional well being.
I find evidence that you (though a tamer version) and dana are one and the same poster. If you're not, my bad ;)P

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#29016 Nov 8, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes dear, you did accuse me of being an impostor. Was I suppose to take you seriously and respond? I'm Pearl, named after the bastard child of Hester Prynne and Arthur Dimmesale from The Scarlet Letter. You're Pirate Fighting, Dana gets up at four thirty and feeds the poor, Not Ashamed is apparently the best example of a Christian, the two of you discuss church fashion. Crazy grew up in California and has three daughters and collects cans, but not beers cans. Cary Nichols is bear poop, No Surprise and Yourahick/Jerrysanduscky are, well trying to be Mormon. Now allow me to tell you how you seem. You have become like a precious jewel on this thread and sometimes one has to take you out of the treasure trove and just gaze upon you in absolute wonder. Remember the most mistrustful people are often those most easily taken in.
Nothing's wrong with your memory.

Marysville, CA

#29017 Nov 8, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is honorable that you withdrew. It was the mature right thing to do.
But, my point was you were withholding the truth for profit. I know you are young and it must have been a tough situation. I feel bad for you to be honest.
And, you did the best thing by not attending there under a lie. There are other colleges you can apply for that are not Christian oriented. I hope that you apply to a different college and continue your education.
Not too many posts ago he was a lair and a thief! LOL!!!

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#29018 Nov 8, 2013
Curtis Penfold wrote:
I never lied to get into BYU. I was a full believer at BYU. I spent a year there and then went on a mission AS A FULL BELIEVER. I came back as a believer.
Right. In six months the real c Penfold went from being a true blue Mormon avoiding the occult like all good true blue Mormons to stating beliefs six months after returning from a mission...
People, you're engaging an imposter pretending to be Curtis Penfold. Just saying....

Curtis Penfold
Interested in new Meetup Groups about
Wicca Santeria Voodoo Vodoun Pagan Goddess Tarot Magickal Shamanism Spiritualism Witches Druid Spirituality Occult
Provo, UT
Feb 11, 2013
Curtis Penfold
Citizen

And lets not forget as a true blue Mormon the C Penfold imposter here didn't know the real C Penfold had a morbid fixation in the occult as far back as 2009 and wasn't a true blue Mormon than.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiding Cauldron
I have the 5th Tarot and I find it very deep and great for inner working and healing spiritualy, and emotionaly.

The 5th suit/or suit for Divine Spirit is Lotus
Makes a lot of sense, since the Lotus is a symbol of creating, of becoming aware, of making new things, something that is very unique to the fifth element.

Here's Brahma, the creator god, on the Divine Lotus:

http://www.artoflegendindia.com/imag...he_cre...

He was the first thing that was. Very interesting to make that reference to Spirit...or maybe Consciousness.
Curtis Penfold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009 Ask a Professional Tarot Reader

Ozark, MO

#29019 Nov 8, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing's wrong with your memory.
I certainly beg to differ. You know as well as I do, that she had it wrong concerning me and the whole aluminum can thing. We may disagree on a number of issues concerning the Church, but you know I'm correct in regards to that.
pearl

Midvale, UT

#29020 Nov 8, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly beg to differ. You know as well as I do, that she had it wrong concerning me and the whole aluminum can thing. We may disagree on a number of issues concerning the Church, but you know I'm correct in regards to that.
These are important issues and must be settled?

Marysville, CA

#29021 Nov 9, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was remembering the debate about beer cans, and the so-calle moral aspect of it

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29022 Nov 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too many posts ago he was a lair and a thief! LOL!!!
You know what I was saying. Now you are acting like I am contracting myself... lol.

There were 2 parts to his blog...

First he said he lied to steal the benefits...
Then he said he quit.

I was referring to him quitting in the post you are responding to.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29023 Nov 9, 2013
And lets remember my post that you referred to:

I think it is honorable that you withdrew. It was the mature right thing to do.
But, my point was you were withholding the truth for profit. I know you are young and it must have been a tough situation. I feel bad for you to be honest.
And, you did the best thing by not attending there under a lie. There are other colleges you can apply for that are not Christian oriented. I hope that you apply to a different college and continue your education.

Though I am under the same impression as No Surprise regarding the poster.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29024 Nov 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I find evidence that you (though a tamer version) and dana are one and the same poster. If you're not, my bad ;)P
I also am under the same impression regarding Pearl.
We Know He Lies

Gridley, CA

#29025 Nov 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

Also watch out for No Surprises girlfriend, sportsmouse/Carol. She will be here soon telling us how you left the church because you were a homosexual child molester. She's a wonderful member of the LDS church.
That's because you are a homosexual child molester. If you're grooming the earth for them, you're equal to them in evils. They're the molesters of the earth which makes you exactly what they are. Molesters of the earth.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#29026 Nov 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I also am under the same impression regarding Pearl.
However, I could be wrong and am trying to have an open mind regarding her.
Crusader Rabbit

Redwood City, CA

#29027 Nov 9, 2013
Of course the Mormons are Christians!

We have over three thousand different sects calling themselves Christian, all with different ideas of what being a Christian means.

The mormons are no different that any other cult that bases their religion on alleged prophets, so why should they not be allowed to call themselves Christian?

Is Joseph Smith any different than Jim Jones, David Koresh, Rev. Sung Mung Moon, the Pope, or any of the many other self proclaimed prophets who claimed to speak for Jesus and for God?

Christianity is whatever the prophets of the Mormon Church define it as. This definition is what Christianity is for their church members, no matter how ridiculous it might appear to be to people who do not wear magic underwear!
Curtis Penfold

Salt Lake City, UT

#29028 Nov 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. In six months the real c Penfold went from being a true blue Mormon avoiding the occult like all good true blue Mormons to stating beliefs six months after returning from a mission...
People, you're engaging an imposter pretending to be Curtis Penfold. Just saying....
Curtis Penfold
Interested in new Meetup Groups about
Wicca Santeria Voodoo Vodoun Pagan Goddess Tarot Magickal Shamanism Spiritualism Witches Druid Spirituality Occult
Provo, UT
Feb 11, 2013
Curtis Penfold
Citizen
And lets not forget as a true blue Mormon the C Penfold imposter here didn't know the real C Penfold had a morbid fixation in the occult as far back as 2009 and wasn't a true blue Mormon than.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiding Cauldron
I have the 5th Tarot and I find it very deep and great for inner working and healing spiritualy, and emotionaly.
The 5th suit/or suit for Divine Spirit is Lotus
Makes a lot of sense, since the Lotus is a symbol of creating, of becoming aware, of making new things, something that is very unique to the fifth element.
Here's Brahma, the creator god, on the Divine Lotus:
http://www.artoflegendindia.com/imag...he_cre...
He was the first thing that was. Very interesting to make that reference to Spirit...or maybe Consciousness.
Curtis Penfold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009 Ask a Professional Tarot Reader
I have a feeling you didn't read my story very carefully. By February of this year, I already identified as atheist and had no fear of associating with the Occult as much as I wanted.

In 2009, before my mission, I was OPENLY interested in Tarot SYMBOLISM and in interfaith dialogue.(As I've already mentioned here). I liked looking into other religions and seeing how they related with Mormonism. At the time, the commonality found between the Tarot symbolism, other religions, and Mormonism was evidence for me of the truthfulness of Mormonism.(It wasn't until after my mission that I became open to the idea that the commonality of these things might just be because we're all human trying to describe natural, human experiences).

I didn't want to read Tarot before my mission, however. Just wanted to better understand its symbolism.

Please stop accusing me of being a liar. I think I know my transforming beliefs better than you do.

Ozark, MO

#29029 Nov 9, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>These are important issues and must be settled?
Apparently, yes. I mean, you brought it up again. And me being a "pompous ass" means I need to correct you, even if it is petty, right? I certainly wouldn't want to disappoint you, or the other regulars here. I have a reputation on this thread that needs to be upheld.
Curtis Penfold

Salt Lake City, UT

#29030 Nov 9, 2013
It's kind of interesting. I use my first and last name everywhere I go online.

But I have somebody using an anonymous name attacking my reputation and claiming that I have something to hide.
Thought Police

Clearlake, CA

#29031 Nov 9, 2013
We Know He Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are a homosexual child molester. If you're grooming the earth for them, you're equal to them in evils. They're the molesters of the earth which makes you exactly what they are. Molesters of the earth.
My! But what a mean, judgmental little rascal you are!

And of course if you consider yourself a Christian we should add hypocrite to that as well.

Here is a scripture for you to ponder. We read in Luke 6:35-36 :

" 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."

Now then, arrogant squirt, who are you to dare to usurp God's place in judgment of your fellow human beings?

( I am saying this to you in a kind way. The kindly fonts probably don't show up on your computer.)
pearl

Midvale, UT

#29032 Nov 9, 2013
Thought Police wrote:
<quoted text>
My! But what a mean, judgmental little rascal you are!
And of course if you consider yourself a Christian we should add hypocrite to that as well.
Here is a scripture for you to ponder. We read in Luke 6:35-36 :
" 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."
Now then, arrogant squirt, who are you to dare to usurp God's place in judgment of your fellow human beings?
( I am saying this to you in a kind way. The kindly fonts probably don't show up on your computer.)
He's Mormon, Christlike, and one step away from godhood. What do you expect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Audit of Wubbels case suggests SL police speed ... Apr 21 Bringem Young 2
News Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Take Blood From ... (Sep '17) Apr 21 Bringem Young 46
LATTER DAY SAINT REVIVAL ( REPENT ) now Apr 19 REPENT NOW 4
Message To Mormons ( REPENT ) REPENT Apr 19 REPENT NOW 4
God Became Flesh ( JEHOVA BECAME FLESH) Apr 19 REPENT NOW 3
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Apr 16 JJJ 124
nudism and in salt lake city, UT (Oct '13) Feb '18 Scott 2

South Salt Lake Jobs

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages