Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,995

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28382 Oct 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In ancient Israel Jews did things by commandments and that included dress and jewelry. You should read up on it. Even in the time of Jesus men were to worship God with turbans(head coverings)removed and women were to have their heads covered. We know the Essenes dressed in special clean garments after doing a ritual washing including submersion of the body before worshipping God. The Sadducees also practiced ritual washings and special dressings before entering the temple. Jews that were strict in their adherences to the laws of Moses dressed differently than common followers.
Here's an example of what happened prior to worshipping God in the OT. It included Jacob doing as he told others to do.
Gen 35:1 Then God said to Jacob,“Go up to Bethel and settle there, and build an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you were fleeing from your brother Esau.”
2 So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him,“Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves and change your clothes. 3 Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone.” 4 So they gave Jacob all the foreign gods they had and the rings in their ears, and Jacob buried them under the oak at Shechem.
But they didn't wear LDS style underwear. Nice try.

Marysville, CA

#28383 Oct 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of reading comprehension issues....lol. I never said Jesus wore temple garments. You're hallucinating again thinking I said that. I said as the other poster called underwear 'magic undies' that Jesus wore them to. I didn't state what they were etc. You hallucinated in details I never said a word about.
Next, you lack history. Regular clothes weren't allowed within in the main temple itself. Ritualistic washing/bathing for purification and temple robes were used for the inner temple for anyone entering it. Read some Jewish history. The out side court where the vendors sold animals etc where Jesus overturned the tables anyone wore what they did. And those who were severe adherents to the laws of Moses did dress differently than common observers. And those people didn't wear what we call 'street clothes' into the outer temple area. They had special clothes they wore to the temple. Even Jesus described them once in all their fine dress and gold and silver jewelry they adorned themselves when at the temple.
You can play assclown all you want. But everyone here knows that "magic undies" is a slang for the LDS temple garment underwear. So yes, you were saying Jesus wore them. Stop being a gimp.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#28384 Oct 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>You can play assclown all you want. But everyone here knows that "magic undies" is a slang for the LDS temple garment underwear. So yes, you were saying Jesus wore them. Stop being a gimp.
If mo Jesus didn't have his jammies, there would be no miracles

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#28385 Oct 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad those garments didn't include a hood.
You are just being ignorant.

Marysville, CA

#28386 Oct 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
If mo Jesus didn't have his jammies, there would be no miracles
So it wasn't the fact he was the son of God that made him special, it was his bloomers! One of the great mysteries of the ages solved! LOL!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28387 Oct 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You are creepy. Just like those hideous garments.
Noooo.....a real creeper fixates about what others wear for underwear as you do underwear creeper...to funny....but you just keep proving how fixated you are about other people's undies...I know you'll do just that creeper...lol...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28388 Oct 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
But they didn't wear LDS style underwear. Nice try.
I never said they did. Obviously clothing styles of 2000 years ago and now have obviously 'changed' just a bit.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28389 Oct 24, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play assclown all you want. But everyone here knows that "magic undies" is a slang for the LDS temple garment underwear. So yes, you were saying Jesus wore them. Stop being a gimp.
You're such a true stupid pathetic idiot at times like this. I know magic undies is slang for temple garments. But they're not magic any more than the undergarment Jesus wore was magic was my sarcastic point to the other poster that you missed. Boy do you have some true reading comprehension problems happening.

Location hidden

#28390 Oct 24, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Noooo.....a real creeper fixates about what others wear for underwear as you do underwear creeper...to funny....but you just keep proving how fixated you are about other people's undies...I know you'll do just that creeper...lol...
Haha..you know you're in Utah when people watching includes noticing garments.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28391 Oct 24, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha..you know you're in Utah when people watching includes noticing garments.
Yes. But there is a difference between asking a simple question about them and being infatuated to a creepy degree about others undies and always referencing them as is going on with you.
Temple garments are worn by the 24/7 active Mormon to always remind them of the covenants they have taken in following Jesus to the dictates of their choice. Simple thing to comprehend. You either respect it or you don't. And if you don't, it only proves you have real creepy issues with people's private, personal choice of undergarments. And that's disturbing.

Location hidden

#28392 Oct 24, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. But there is a difference between asking a simple question about them and being infatuated to a creepy degree about others undies and always referencing them as is going on with you.
Temple garments are worn by the 24/7 active Mormon to always remind them of the covenants they have taken in following Jesus to the dictates of their choice. Simple thing to comprehend. You either respect it or you don't. And if you don't, it only proves you have real creepy issues with people's private, personal choice of undergarments. And that's disturbing.
I think it's weird, sad and also important to know in certain situations. It's the level of indoctrination, it's like watching a train wreck.

Marysville, CA

#28393 Oct 25, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a true stupid pathetic idiot at times like this. I know magic undies is slang for temple garments. But they're not magic any more than the undergarment Jesus wore was magic was my sarcastic point to the other poster that you missed. Boy do you have some true reading comprehension problems happening.
So, you were just being an ass, as usual.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28394 Oct 25, 2013
Your perverted thoughts are not who the people are inside and if they do their duty to God or not... it's no their temple garments.

It's really sad that's the only arguments you 2 can come up with to focus on.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#28395 Oct 25, 2013
* on not no

Marysville, CA

#28396 Oct 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
Your perverted thoughts are not who the people are inside and if they do their duty to God or not... it's no their temple garments.
Proving the temple garments are really just BS to make the members think they are getting something special for their efforts.

Location hidden

#28397 Oct 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:

Repression and shame cause some really fcuked up thinking...
http://m.deseretnews.com/article/865588868/Co...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28398 Oct 25, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's weird, sad and also important to know in certain situations. It's the level of indoctrination, it's like watching a train wreck.
Indoctrination. A train wreck? lol... Oh, you mean like the level of indoctrination people are facing being made to accept same sex marriage who disagree with it or be called all sorts of names and derogatory words by people like you who support this indoctrination to convert or else? You mean the indoctrination business owners go through being forced to serve ALL who walk through their door or be sued and have your business closed? You mean that type indoctrination? You mean the indoctrination we all go through by police, being forced by law to believe we have less and less right to personal privacy and police have more and more search and seizure rights?
See, wearing a temple garment is a choice. If you don't want to wear one, you can still be a Mormon but you won't be able to enter the temples and that's how it is for most of Mormons, they don't wear temple garments whether they once did or never have. And you're wasting a lot of your time worrying what someone chooses to wear for whatever purpose.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28399 Oct 25, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you were just being an ass, as usual.
I made a sarcastic remark back to their sarcasm. How you missed that still gives me pause to wonder. But it was you that was being an ass as you didn't know what was being said.

Location hidden

#28400 Oct 25, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Indoctrination. A train wreck? lol... Oh, you mean like the level of indoctrination people are facing being made to accept same sex marriage who disagree with it or be called all sorts of names and derogatory words by people like you who support this indoctrination to convert or else? You mean the indoctrination business owners go through being forced to serve ALL who walk through their door or be sued and have your business closed? You mean that type indoctrination? You mean the indoctrination we all go through by police, being forced by law to believe we have less and less right to personal privacy and police have more and more search and seizure rights?
See, wearing a temple garment is a choice. If you don't want to wear one, you can still be a Mormon but you won't be able to enter the temples and that's how it is for most of Mormons, they don't wear temple garments whether they once did or never have. And you're wasting a lot of your time worrying what someone chooses to wear for whatever purpose.
It really is a scary thought for you, isn't it? When the lizards finally croak out a revelation, you will be standing inside a closet without a door.
They need a revelation about those garments too, they are hideous.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28401 Oct 25, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving the temple garments are really just BS to make the members think they are getting something special for their efforts.
Proving the temple garments are bs? lol...plleaseeee. You never wore one. And if you knew anything about them, you would know you made a real *ss of your logic stating those wearing them were getting something special for their efforts. The garment (and certain patches sewn onto them) is mainly a reminder of one's commitments to striving to having a Christ like life. Very simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 57 min NoMo 29,983
Officer in gay pride parade incident speaks out 8 hr Wondering 68
Review: Locksmiths Of Taylorsville Feb 26 Joe Zereg 4
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Feb 24 tnguyen051890 218
Wow! Shooting Star? (Nov '09) Feb 23 Franny 15
New System Helps US Step up Defense Vs Biologic... Feb 23 jmcmahon 1
Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker to oversee na... Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2

Winter Storm Warning for Salt Lake County was issued at March 02 at 9:02PM MST

South Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match