Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#28084 Oct 6, 2013
Mommy2Bof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Moses? Noah? Samuel? Elijah? Jonah? They were prophets. In the Bible. The Bible does mention prophets and revelation. It also claims that God is unchanging. The same yesterday, today, and forever. Well, He revealed His will to man in the past, He continues to do so now, and He will do so in the future. To claim that He HAS changed over time is calling God a liar.
God was killing, vengeful, war machine in the OT. God was a loving, kind, giving, forgiving God in the NT. That is a changing God. That means you don't understand what it meant that God is unchanging.
God revealed his will to men 2000 years ago. God has never revealed his will according to Modern Christians since then. He hasn't spoken nor given a single prophecy or revelation or anything. We read in the Bible what God said to the apostles and that's it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28085 Oct 6, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Again they are ALL in the bible. Your prophet is not. Why is he needed? Why isn't JESUS enough? The bible does mention FALSE PROPHETS and your guy is a false prophet.
Again they are all in the Bible from Moses to John. Your modern day ministers and priests aren't. Neither are you who preaches like jesus called you forth to preach his truths. He never did that. Your name isn't in the Bible and neither is any other modern Christian leader of any religion on this earth. Their all wolves in sheeps clothing according to your logic as you are. Why are they needed? Why are you needed? Jesus didn't appoint you to be a judge of people. He never ordained you to be anything. You ordained yourself. You and all modern Christian ministers and priests are nothing but false ministers and preachers according to your logic because none of them or you are in the Bible.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28086 Oct 6, 2013
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>The bible does not mention to believe in the book of mormon. Why is that book not in the bible?
The Bible doesn't mention to believe in a book called the Bible. Why isn't a book called the Bible mentioned by Jesus or the apostles?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28087 Oct 6, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus on many occasions quoted from the Bible moron.
lololol....lololol.....lolol.. ..to fricking humorous. So tell me pathetic one with the mind of who knows what, which edition of the Bible did Jesus use to quote from? lolol.......Jesus quoted from the Bible and I'm the moron?????.....lololololololol olol.........

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28088 Oct 6, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>Because GOD wrote the bible and not the book of mormon. The book of mormon is not mentioned in the truthful bible.
Talk about magic and hokus pokus..God didn't write the Bible. Never ever happened. If God wrote the Bible it would be complete with writings we know nothing of and it wouldn't contain a single solitary grammatical error/mistake/etc. And the book called the Bible was never ever mentioned in the writings in the Bible nor was the Bible mentioned by Jesus or the apostles.
Wisdom

Rochester, KY

#28089 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lololol....lololol.....lolol.. ..to fricking humorous. So tell me pathetic one with the mind of who knows what, which edition of the Bible did Jesus use to quote from? lolol.......Jesus quoted from the Bible and I'm the moron?????.....lololololololol olol.........
Sorry about the Moron part, more likened to a fool.
Jesus referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Mt. 5:17-18; 8:17; 12:40-42; Lk. 4:18-21; 10:25-28; 15:29-31; 17:32; 24:25-45; Jn. 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,”“the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” The apostles quoted 209 times from the Old Testament and considered it “the oracles of God.”
I believe this answers your question.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28090 Oct 6, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about the Moron part, more likened to a fool.
Jesus referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Mt. 5:17-18; 8:17; 12:40-42; Lk. 4:18-21; 10:25-28; 15:29-31; 17:32; 24:25-45; Jn. 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,”“the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” The apostles quoted 209 times from the Old Testament and considered it “the oracles of God.”
Just to let you know Wisdom, No Surprise plays the intentional idiot to get attention. These points have been addressed with him many times in the past. He isn't even LDS. They kicked him out many years ago, but apparently he sill wants to belong. He's a child wanting attention. I've stopped responding to cries for attention long ago. But play with him if you want. But all he does for the most part is bait and switch. Just don't mistake him for a real Mormon.

Since: Sep 12

Willow Springs, MO

#28091 Oct 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
LDS leader barely admits the truth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/us/a-top-mo... ;
I, for one, appreciate the honesty from a member of the First Presidency.

Willow Springs, MO

#28092 Oct 6, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Joseph Smith or Brigham Young. Young fit the profile of a cult leader more so than Joe did.

1. Young set himself up as the leader even though the BOM and Smith had said the church leadership would be passed down to his family.
2. Both Smith and Young like all cult leaders tried to isolate their followers, but it was Young that took it to the extreme.
3. While Smith had engaged in adultery it was Young that proclaimed without multiple wives a man could not become a "God or even the sons of God".
Same thing you've always said, just worded differently. Move along... nothing new to see here.

Willow Springs, MO

#28093 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible ISN'T the holy word of God or it wouldn't contain mistakes, errors, etc. The Bible is a book that has been put together by men who believed being single and refraining from sex was next to godly behavior as Jesus taught it. They taught against marriage for those who wished to be a true follower of Jesus. Only the weak and sinful married.
God never stated a single book would contain his holy words. That's an erroneous and totally false teaching from people like you. People like you teach God is in a book that has a beginning and an ending. God never said or claimed any such thing.
Less is more. An excellent example and your point was well made. Nice job. Remember, keep it simple.

Willow Springs, MO

#28094 Oct 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
LDS leader barely admits the truth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/us/a-top-mo... ;
I think it's a good start, don't you?
pearl

West Jordan, UT

#28095 Oct 6, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a good start, don't you?
Yea, it's a good start, if you are dealing with five year olds.

Willow Springs, MO

#28096 Oct 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, it's a good start, if you are dealing with five year olds.
So so critical. It just proves that there is no satisfying you anti's. Yet, you all act like five year olds. Perhaps worse.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28097 Oct 6, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about the Moron part, more likened to a fool.
I understood what you meant though you said it in error :)
So let's try these Christian traditional sayings on for size shall we?
The Bible is God's only book of holy scripture.
God wrote the Bible.
Reject God and you reject the Bible.
All you need to know of God is in the Bible.
God still reveals his words today.
If you accept anything but the Bible you're bound for hell.
Only what's in the Bible can be accepted and nothing else.
God commands us to believe in the Bible.
The Bible contains no errors.
Those and other sayings not mentioned are all traditional Christian sayings. Not a single one is contained in the Bible.
From the OT to Revelations the entire Bible is filled with no sex to happen outside of a marriage between a man and woman. Marriage for a same sex couple never mentioned.
Yet modern Christians find exception for what's in the Bible and have decided what it says it out of date and or not applicable in our time. So a growing portion of mosdern Christians add to the Bible and say same sex marriage is good with God yet he didn't say that. And you want to be critical of Mormons adding to what's contained in the Bible as wrong?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28098 Oct 6, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know Wisdom, No Surprise plays the intentional idiot to get attention. These points have been addressed with him many times in the past. He isn't even LDS. They kicked him out many years ago, but apparently he sill wants to belong. He's a child wanting attention. I've stopped responding to cries for attention long ago. But play with him if you want. But all he does for the most part is bait and switch. Just don't mistake him for a real Mormon.
lol....just to let you know wisdom, Dana is a child when he get's pissed and upset and you'll see him prove it in his post. He loves to use playground rants and raves at people as he thinks saying childish things will would them emotionally.
Dana also likes to make statements without using actual facts most of the time. Sometimes when he's feeling like an adult he'll toss some actual references at you to give evidence for his opinion.
By his own admission concerning his so called 'Mormon up bringing' he likes to remind people of, he never learned a fricking thing seriously. Early on in our discussions, his references/links came mostly from anti-Mormon sites. A true blue Mo as he claims to have been raised as would never or even now would have to use anti-Mo info. All his info should have came from his knowledge of the church and it's web sites or pro-Mormon sites. But that hardly ever happens. Dana hated the church as a kid and he hates it now.
Dana hates to discuss with me because I question his thinking and ideology and he can't stand that being done.
If he ever engages you in an intelligent, adult conversation count your lucky stars, just saying :)

Willow Springs, MO

#28099 Oct 6, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, it's a good start, if you are dealing with five year olds.
It seems to me that life has been particularly hard on you, and working in a brothel has made you see the world through jaded eyes. However, whether you agree or not with the religious beliefs of others, based on your interactions, does not mean we are all hypocritical "johns," nor does it make us foolish, or "five year olds." There are those who truly believe, and try to live their faith. No matter what the denomination is.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#28100 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
So so critical. It just proves that there is no satisfying you anti's. Yet, you all act like five year olds. Perhaps worse.
Hey Crazy. How you been?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#28101 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Less is more. An excellent example and your point was well made. Nice job. Remember, keep it simple.
lol...thanks.

Willow Springs, MO

#28102 Oct 6, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Crazy. How you been?
I've been really good. Really busy lately. Just got back from visiting with family back home in California where I had the opportunity of officiating at my nephew's wedding. How about you?:-)

Location hidden

#28103 Oct 6, 2013
<quoted text>So so critical. It just proves that there is no satisfying you anti's. Yet, you all act like five year olds. Perhaps worse.
Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith..seriously?? I just saw a comment somewhere .."Uchtdorf invited me to come back and Oaks reminded me why I will."
It's not a start, it's a silly game for you sheep to play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm getting over you! 20 hr Noah 2
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) Wed cool dealzz 3
voting for trump 2016 thread Wed anonymous 1
Trump Wed Paris 20
ancestry findagrave MICHELLE 46983123 Aug 19 KATRINA SMITH 3
Review: Pinky's (Apr '13) Aug 18 Greg 7
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 16 chance lo co 18

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance