Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28036 Sep 30, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing your prophet confirms that for you, otherwise it would make it a little harder to follow the prophet Joseph Smith and his righteous translations, one would think. I'm curious though, does the LDS still claim Joseph Smith will be one of the three on the panel who judges all of mankind?
You can't get into the Celestial Kingdom without Smith's approval, don't you know that?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#28037 Sep 30, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>I follow GOD/JESUS CHRIST the SAVIOR...not a prophet. When is the last time Joseph Smith performed a miracle?
Just for the record, Jesus is also considered a prophet.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28038 Oct 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the record, Jesus is also considered a prophet.
What he is "considered" and what he ACTUALLY is are two different things. JESUS IS LORD....the SAVIOR! HE is who I put my trust in.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28039 Oct 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get into the Celestial Kingdom without Smith's approval, don't you know that?
Don't want to get into the mormon false kingdom which is not in the bible. GOD makes no mention of this at all. Its made up.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28040 Oct 1, 2013
Mormon religion and false and man made up. Joseph Smith is a pimp with no powers. Just wants to have a harim of women.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28041 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>What he is "considered" and what he ACTUALLY is are two different things. JESUS IS LORD....the SAVIOR! HE is who I put my trust in.
Your claims are as bizarre as any made by the LDS, only slightly less pathetic but self serving none the less.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28042 Oct 1, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Your claims are as bizarre as any made by the LDS, only slightly less pathetic but self serving none the less.
No they are not...be specific...what claims?
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28043 Oct 1, 2013
Mormon religion is false with false teachings and prophets for sure!
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28044 Oct 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I thought I had heard that claim. He sits with God and Jesus and they all pass judgement, is that how it's suppose to work? If so, you don't get much more Goddy then that. And surely if mankind can become gods, Joey must already be one. I see when the Pioneers Day Parade hits town the kids all carry pictures of Smith stuck to popsicle sticks. No homage to Jesus or photos of any God.{and we know they are out there} Joseph is bigger than a God here, he's reached rock star status, he's got groupies.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28045 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>I follow GOD/JESUS CHRIST the SAVIOR...not a prophet. When is the last time Joseph Smith performed a miracle?
So whoever does the best magic trick wins?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28046 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>No they are not...be specific...what claims?
Well to start, the claim you just made "Jesus is lord...the savior", or we could start with Genesis and work our way through.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28047 Oct 1, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>So whoever does the best magic trick wins?
Nothing magic about JESUS's devine power. I guess you don't know.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28048 Oct 1, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well to start, the claim you just made "Jesus is lord...the savior", or we could start with Genesis and work our way through.
He is Lord. Not my story. You act like I am making this stuff up. Read it for yourself in the bible.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28049 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
Mormon religion and false and man made up. Joseph Smith is a pimp with no powers. Just wants to have a harim of women.
It's doubtful Smith was just after women when he made his claim of revelation, all the women he could have was more likely an afterthought. Once he realized the power his followers were so willing to bestow in him it must have made it hard for him to resist, after all even with rock star status he was corrupt to begin with.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28050 Oct 1, 2013
I will choose JESUS over joseph smith any day.
Realpeople

Ashburn, VA

#28051 Oct 1, 2013
I challenge any brain washed mormon to the real truth.
Johnny Oyatka

Beachwood, OH

#28052 Oct 1, 2013
The mooslems say they're not christians.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28053 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing magic about JESUS's devine power. I guess you don't know.
Magic....miracle, what's the difference? Both are supposedly supernatural powers over natural forces. Are you saying you believe in one but not both?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28054 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
<quoted text>He is Lord. Not my story. You act like I am making this stuff up. Read it for yourself in the bible.
So your claim is The Bible is true but not The Book Of Mormon? What makes this so?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#28055 Oct 1, 2013
Realpeople wrote:
I will choose JESUS over joseph smith any day.
Yes, you've made that point before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
colette draeger 19 hr RANSOM PRIDE 1
laura black Apr 29 hhhhhh 1
jews Apr 29 RANSOM PRIDE 1
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Apr 27 Upset tenant 26
Review: CMC Heating And Air Conditioning Apr 27 Kurt Cooks 2
Obama is pure evil. Apr 24 goodness 1
Centurylink really sucks Apr 24 dman 1
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE