Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32004 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27909 Sep 17, 2013
What's really sad..instead of a call to protest, the sheep who say they are for equality are coming up with various scenarios to deny or justify this instead of getting pissed and speaking out. What a joke..

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27910 Sep 17, 2013
The two face nature of the LDS church. Read this NoMo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

Marysville, CA

#27911 Sep 17, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohhhhhhh, the child dana hurls his small mental thoughts once more to inflict pain to my emotional well being...oh woe is me! Please dana child, please stop! you're injuring me emotionally so badly I can hardly stand it! Fricking mental whack job! You go dude! lolol..
I'll take that as a "no"! LOL!!!

Location hidden

#27912 Sep 17, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
The two face nature of the LDS church. Read this NoMo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
What's sad is the excuses. The lizards don't surprise me anymore. They always end up making the PR dept look Clueless....sad that the members rely on the rest of us to make a stand instead of leading. Building a bridge to nowhere is the reality.

Location hidden

#27913 Sep 17, 2013
It's so weird..the cult is bleeding members, and the members who think the bigotry is crap are too scared to speak up. Their fear of the lizards is so overpowering, they can't realize their power. Totally pathetic

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27914 Sep 17, 2013
NoMo wrote:
The cult is flying it's true flag again..all that "we love everyone" crap just flew out the window and PaKKKer's "tolerance is a trap" crap has become the true mantra. Wake up! They are all liars, manipulating thieves.
http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/2013/09/... +(Good+As+You)
http://www.bobhenline.com/mormonbigots/
YOU read a lot of your own "CRAP" into the things that the Church representatives say... and what the Church stands for.

I hope everyone reads the letter you regard in your link... lol. You are truly an idiot... it says nothing like you say it says... you just want to be obnoxious and cause mischief.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27915 Sep 17, 2013
NoMo wrote:
It's so weird..the cult is bleeding members, and the members who think the bigotry is crap are too scared to speak up. Their fear of the lizards is so overpowering, they can't realize their power. Totally pathetic
Apparently you are speaking about "bleeding members" as tithing...

If you don't pay tithing...
and if you are not a member...
then WHY make a big deal about it?

It's not your money.

My tithing goes to the Lord...
If you have a problem with paying tithes...
then why don't you take it up with the Lord?
Wisdom

Russellville, KY

#27916 Sep 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are speaking about "bleeding members" as tithing...
If you don't pay tithing...
and if you are not a member...
then WHY make a big deal about it?
It's not your money.
My tithing goes to the Lord...
If you have a problem with paying tithes...
then why don't you take it up with the Lord?
Actually your money is going to Deseret Management Corp for the building of shopping malls and to Hoover’s Company Records that are into everything from radio to insurance. Then there is always the Mormon farms in Florida under the name Farmland Reserve Inc.
So, no your tithing is not going to the Lord but to the scam operators of the Moron Church.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27917 Sep 18, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>Actually your money is going to Deseret Management Corp for the building of shopping malls and to Hoover’s Company Records that are into everything from radio to insurance. Then there is always the Mormon farms in Florida under the name Farmland Reserve Inc.
So, no your tithing is not going to the Lord but to the scam operators of the Moron Church.
Those funds come from part of the investment fund that pays for "investments".

And, I am happy to pay my tithing. Tithing went as far back to Abraham and Jacob. It's not only Duty that leads me to do this, but it helps build temples, help missionaries, help the Church welfare program, etc.

If you have a problem with paying tithing... take it up with Heavenly Father and search your scriptures.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27919 Sep 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Again?? Did I miss something you didn't? Did I miss the LDS church presidency claim they had redefined marriage according to the dictates of what society believes?
Fricking fruit cake, the LDS church's colors on their stance of marriage and how they define it has NEVER stopped being defined from what it was in Smith's time.
The presidency said adjustments 'outside' the boundaries of the church were to be made by members to be more accepting of the aspects of homosexuality in the law. But the church presidency never stated voting against same sex marriage was to be quit.
You better get a grip on some reality is my suggestion because you're thinking the church had rolled over and accepted same sex marriage is some real self delusional thinking :)
By the way in your second link, "A note on tolerance" that was really funny and so true! Really had a good laugh, thanks :)
"their stance of marriage and how they define it has NEVER stopped being defined from what it was in Smiths' time", Well except for that whole polygamy thing, your statement could almost be believable.
GodStinks

Asheville, NC

#27920 Sep 18, 2013
Mormons are Christian in one sense. They are a bunch of liars for an evil god.

Location hidden

#27921 Sep 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>YOU read a lot of your own "CRAP" into the things that the Church representatives say... and what the Church stands for.

I hope everyone reads the letter you regard in your link... lol. You are truly an idiot... it says nothing like you say it says... you just want to be obnoxious and cause mischief.
I want your cult to stop pushing their bigoted lies. No church is forced to marry someone. It's a bunch of bs aimed at scaring sheep like you.

Marysville, CA

#27922 Sep 18, 2013
The question here is, "what took them so long"? Why didn't the state set this up years ago?

http://www.ksl.com/...

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27923 Sep 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I want your cult to stop pushing their bigoted lies. No church is forced to marry someone. It's a bunch of bs aimed at scaring sheep like you.
I want you to shut up and let us practice our religion. You're the "Bigot".

If it is legal than gay couples could come to a Bishop and say if you don't marry us we will sue you for discrimination... unless Church and State is kept separate. What do you not get about that.

BTW: I'm not scared.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27924 Sep 18, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
The question here is, "what took them so long"? Why didn't the state set this up years ago?
http://www.ksl.com/...
WRONG Church... WRONG Topic.
If you would speak in coherent sentences that don't divert or confuse others it would be helpful.

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is lead by Warren Jeffs... they are the polygamist community your article refers to... not,

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not, which does not practice polygamy in this day and time.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27925 Sep 18, 2013
* typo in post above. OMIT is not,

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#27926 Sep 18, 2013
NoMo wrote:
You had your chance to speak up in the pre-existence...

but, there you were jumping up and down shouting with joy you can follow the rules... you believe in God and will come back to him with honor.

Is that still the case because it seems you have a problem with respect.

You chose to come here... you could have chose to get kicked out with the other 1/3rd.

Your choice, your problem.

Location hidden

#27927 Sep 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>I want you to shut up and let us practice our religion. You're the "Bigot".

If it is legal than gay couples could come to a Bishop and say if you don't marry us we will sue you for discrimination... unless Church and State is kept separate. What do you not get about that.

BTW: I'm not scared.
Your cult has no business pushing their agenda on people who aren't Mormon. They need to get their nose out of legislation( ESPECIALLY outside of Utah)..they are chasing their tails and you sheep will all be labeled as klan members if they don't stop.
And btw, no church has ever been forced to marry someone, they are blowing smoke up your azz and you are soaking in it.

Location hidden

#27928 Sep 18, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>You had your chance to speak up in the pre-existence...

but, there you were jumping up and down shouting with joy you can follow the rules... you believe in God and will come back to him with honor.

Is that still the case because it seems you have a problem with respect.

You chose to come here... you could have chose to get kicked out with the other 1/3rd.

Your choice, your problem.
Your moronic fairy tales are irrelevant.

Marysville, CA

#27929 Sep 19, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG Church... WRONG Topic.
If you would speak in coherent sentences that don't divert or confuse others it would be helpful.
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is lead by Warren Jeffs... they are the polygamist community your article refers to... not,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not, which does not practice polygamy in this day and time.
I don't need your permission to post about any of the disgusting children of Joseph Smith. Still an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
public officials violating federal laws 56 min Un agenda 21 and ... 9
News CDC investigating error that caused live anthra... May 30 Jingler 1
News Wardy: Why is the Mormon church a viable religi... (Jul '09) May 29 need help in kent... 7
News Utah Medicaid expansion negotiations ongoing May 29 bcham63 1
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) May 28 dodge 794
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) May 26 Outofstate 27
Birth Parents & Adoptees & Siblings May 25 joanNYadoptees 1
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]