Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#27750 Sep 3, 2013
And are there any openly gay celibate bishops, stake presidents, etc? Mitch Mayne yes but who else?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27751 Sep 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
So, I have a question( that won't be answered, I know but you freaks make great screen shots)
If a person comes out as gay and works for the church(over a decade)and that person is celibate, does the church have a valid reason to fire him? As a temple worthy Mormon with a spotless work record? How does this work with the current stance? Is the COB a glass ceiling for lgbt's? If they discover one, they get rid of them...the lizards must be allergic.
Well, just look at how many black General Authorities there have been and are today. Look at a current picture of them. There's enough white guys to make a KKK rally. And blacks were able to begin holding the Priesthood in 1978.

But I think Gordon B. Hickley was the first gay LDS prophet.

Location hidden

#27752 Sep 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Well, just look at how many black General Authorities there have been and are today. Look at a current picture of them. There's enough white guys to make a KKK rally. And blacks were able to begin holding the Priesthood in 1978.

But I think Gordon B. Hickley was the first gay LDS prophet.
I've heard stories..oh and PaKKKer too..the stories would make your toes curl.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27753 Sep 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Pearl
I've gotten No Surprise so mentally disturbed that there are days just me being on the same planet he's on drives him over the deep end. Maybe if he went to Evergreen and got some shock therapy he would claim down. LOL!!!
Yes I see, like I said, it's quite the hard on. I can't get a response out of him without your name being used. It is getting hard to watch, kinda like a train wreck, ugly but you can't look away.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27754 Sep 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard stories..oh and PaKKKer too..the stories would make your toes curl.
Don't be shy, share.
sportxmouse

Gridley, CA

#27755 Sep 4, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I see, like I said, it's quite the hard on. I can't get a response out of him without your name being used. It is getting hard to watch, kinda like a train wreck, ugly but you can't look away.
It's ironic how last year you had a hard time with your English... now it seems you have great punctuation and grammer...
Have you been studying since you left the Indian Reservation?
sportxmouse

Gridley, CA

#27756 Sep 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that modern Christianity doesn't follow Jesus' example of what to do with women?? I'm sorry, but what did you just say?
Some Biblical Historians say that Mary Magdalen was a Prophet and very close to Jesus.

How do you explain her role in her earth life?
sportxmouse

Gridley, CA

#27757 Sep 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go? Please tell me there is video of this out there, somewhere..
Get the sisters to start talking about licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts.
What does putting buttons on aprons have to do with your versions "licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts"?

Location hidden

#27759 Sep 4, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>What does putting buttons on aprons have to do with your versions "licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts"?
Bless your heart..

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27760 Sep 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
You understand that modern Christianity doesn't follow Jesus' example of what to do with women?? I'm sorry, but what did you just say?
Yes I do understand. That is why Modern Christianity aren't even close to being true examples of what Christians were 2000 years ago. Modern Christianity doesn't do/replicate a lot of what Jesus did/established. Modern Christianity picks and chooses what's important and what's not important to be preached/obeyed according to what the popular opinion is/isn't of the day. I realize that very well.
Concerning modern Christianity, it's a farce. It's a bunch of people imitating what they want to apply to themselves of a people that were true Christians 2000 years ago. The church of Rome 1700 years ago was the bastardized edition of true Christianity. Do you comprehend?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27761 Sep 4, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Is Dana a prophet with millions of followers? Really, I know you claim Prophets are just men, but when they claim revelation shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard and then just go ahead and laugh with them?
I never claimed prophets were just men dana, I mean pearl. And it's only been in the last 1500 years that dead men called prophets now have a following numbering into the millions. That number never existed when they were alive.
We can use that same standard you mention for Peter and various apostles. According to your logic, Peter's premeditated thoughts to kill a guard taking Jesus and Peter lying three times about knowing the Lord is enough to invalidate him as anything but a common guy that failed according to your logic. Now what?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27762 Sep 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
He forgets that there were female prophets in the OT. But lets not confuse him with the facts.
Facts? How about this fact. There's a big difference between a person being used by the Lord to speak in his name to make prophecies/revelations and one being a prophet that speaks in the name of the Lord to make prophecies/revelations AND...AND...(did you catch that important word AND?)...AND has the appointed responsibility to lead the people of Israel which no prophetess ever did.
So are you still confused by the facts of the Bible and what it spells out a prophet/prophetess was and what they weren't?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27763 Sep 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
All of a sudden he is concerned about what Jesus said for a change. Yet when I pointed out that Jesus said that in the next life we aren't married or given in marriage, Jesus didn't really mean that.
Why do you still resort to lying so much? What is your mental issue that you can't reflect back to what was said and state what was said without lying about it? Can't you stop lying? Is it that much of a habit that it's easier for you to lie then to state what was actually said?
I never disagreed that jesus stated in the next life that "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." I never disagreed with that so you have proved what a liar you'll resort yourself to being to make a very stupid point. The worst point is you seem to like lying.
You stated people married on earth were 'unmarried' so to describe it once they entered the next life. You claimed Marriage was for this earthly life only.
I stated Jesus said nothing of what would happen to those who married in this life and died together married. I stated Jesus never said earth marriages would come to an end in the here after.
On earth if you're married God doesn't allow for you to legally marry a second time to the same person because you're already married to them.
Therefore your logic that married people in this life can't be remarried in the next life (as usual) makes no sense at all.
The only people who Jesus was forbidding from marrying in the next life would have been people that had never been married.
Leave it up to you to complicate an easy to understand verse.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27764 Sep 4, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Pearl
I've gotten No Surprise so mentally disturbed that there are days just me being on the same planet he's on drives him over the deep end. Maybe if he went to Evergreen and got some shock therapy he would claim down. LOL!!!
The only thing that has me disturbed mentally about you is why you resort to so much lying and twisting of what someone else actually said and why such an old guy as yourself resorts to such a childish mind set and how you can call yourself a Christian and in the same breath be wishing murder and mayhem and saying the most foul/vile things you can think of to say to others. Those are things the disturb me mentally about you, that's true :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27765 Sep 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
So, I have a question( that won't be answered, I know but you freaks make great screen shots)
If a person comes out as gay and works for the church(over a decade)and that person is celibate, does the church have a valid reason to fire him? As a temple worthy Mormon with a spotless work record? How does this work with the current stance? Is the COB a glass ceiling for lgbt's? If they discover one, they get rid of them...the lizards must be allergic.
None of us but dana can compare to being the freak of statements that you command, just saying :)
I will give a go at your question though you left a lot out. The lizards 12 fire no one from a "job" that someone has been "hired" to do. So the fact that you think it's happened discredits your story already.
Next, when did this happen? Thirty years ago? Ten months ago? The time period is important. See, atheists and theists both have prejudices because their humans and you seem to forget that when you speak of Mormons. It's like to you Mormons aren't human as like you who can be sarcastic, say mean and vile things to hurt others or hold prejudices, know what I mean?
No doubt homosexuals in the church once found out whether they have always been single or 'active' in relationships they hid from other church members, once found out no doubt many suffered the loss of church positions and or hired positions and or even were excommunicated for being sexually active by their own admittance.
A little more info about your story would go a long way :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27766 Sep 4, 2013
NoMo wrote:
And are there any openly gay celibate bishops, stake presidents, etc? Mitch Mayne yes but who else?
You never have been Mormon which explains your far left thinking of Mormons and how you really don't understand most of what you speak of, except for what you read or heard. Unless you were a "attending mo" in which you went but never had an interest to learn anything. Which is it?
See, if you were a mo at some past time, you would know a bishop and or stake president has to be a married man. The Bishop a married man with a family. A family isn't a requirement of a stake president but marriage is UNLESS they became a widow while holding that position and then they're usually released. The 'lizards' since Smith's time like leading positions/callings to be held by married men. If their single it's because they became a widow while holding that position like being a seventy or an apostle or prophet.

Concerning Mitch Mayne @ http://www.mitchmayne.com/ what he did was wrong and he loosly admitted to it. He had held callings and positions a single adult would/could hold without being married. He stated "Up until a year ago, I was in a committed, monogamous relationship with my partner of several years. I wore a wedding band. I attended church and held callings within my ward." In other words his ward more than likely didn't know of his 'partner' and if they did they said nothing out of politeness. I say that because if anyone in the bishopric had evidence he was having a same sex relationship and holding callings, like it would have happened to a heterosexual guy he would have been spoken to about the information and if he admitted to it he would have lost his callings and given a time to repent and abstain from sex as is done with heteros.
The fact he 'suddenly' quits the relationship and some time later is called to be a secretary to the bishopric means he admitted to the bishop what was happening and repented because he wanted to do what he felt was the Lord's will, not his own will.
The following will no doubt have you and dana doing the finger puke gag thing...lol...
" But, life is not without its own twists and turns, and I left that relationship for a variety of reasons, none of which had to do with pressure from the church. It was, without question, the most painful decision I’ve ever made.

As a result, my current circumstances provide me with a unique opportunity to serve in a Priesthood leadership role within my community. I am committing to adhere to the same standard of behavior that we require of any single, heterosexual man in a priesthood leadership position.

Like each of us in the human family, I don’t know what my future will bring; but I do know I will always strive to live my life in accordance what I understand my Savior’s will for me to be. That desire to do what is right—just like my orientation—is embedded into my spiritual DNA. And both are cornerstones to what make me my Father’s son."

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27767 Sep 4, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I see, like I said, it's quite the hard on. I can't get a response out of him without your name being used. It is getting hard to watch, kinda like a train wreck, ugly but you can't look away.
Dana, I mean Pearl if you would quit making statements to me concerning dana then I would respond about him, is it that tough for you to figure out? I mean if you ask questions/make statements that are void of dana's name, then his name won't come up in our conversations. Understand?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27768 Sep 4, 2013
lol...wouldn't respond...my bad ;)P
Youre a hick

Gridley, CA

#27770 Sep 5, 2013
Ignorant dope-addled hicks whose kids have v.d. and no education, like themselves -

are all the time telling you their atheistic twit Academics who claimed to believe in the Green House Gas Effect where the refrigerant gases of the atmosphere, water and CO2, are heaters, and no other air molecules have any temperature above that of deep space at all,

have also told them there's not a lot of proof there were people from all over the world landed in the Americas.

Such snot-for-brains meat eating barbarian trash has a hard time with things like the truth of the way things are: THEY'RE CONSTANTLY BEING BLUDGEONED INTO SULLEN FURY IN FRONT OF THEIR likewise IGNORANT PACK/MOB peers.

Here's a man explaining just exactly how easy it obviously IS to get from the direction of the area Lehi came from.

"Thair aint no way thair caint be nun uh thim..TRAVELINz caws.. it aint in muh BUYBULL!" quoth the ignorant meat eating sack of stupid wearing a molester inside.

Those ignorant hicks have been declaring to people for hundreds of years "thair aint no, way, YaW!

Well guess what hick not only is it possible, but after Lehi, and Nephi, and the others were eventually routed from the local area,

later on some people from the Island nation of Bali cruised in and enslaved the local Lamanite trash who like modern pagans thought they'd spit at God and mock without GETTING mocked.

Indeed they not only took over, obviously subduing the whole area,

they made the Lamanite people there build things their way:

architecture itself: IN STONE.
art itself, also,: IN STONE.
Religion, depicted IN STONE.
ANIMALS NOT IN AMERICA: depicted

I.N. the S.T.O.N.E. carvings of S.O.U.T.H. AMERICA

So the NEXT time some dope-addled,
venereal disease infected,
twice divorced,
ill educated hicks

tells you "It aint evun possuHbuL!"

you remember all someone had to show you how possible it really was, was ONCE:

On most EVERY MAJOR ARCHEOLOGICAL FEATURE of SOUTH AMERICAN STONE PREHISTORY.

It's only on EVERY MAJOR FEATURE of SOUTH AMERICAN STONE PREHISTORY that someone did INDEED come from nearly the EXACT REGION Lehi came from,

landing in almost the EXACT PLACE, LEHI LANDED.

Those people UNSEATING the LOCALS who had UNSEATED the NEPHITES
and ENSLAVING them to FORCE them to do THEIR biddings and pray to THEIR heathen gods.

LoL. "Thair aint no EhLuHFuNtS down THAIR!"

What a bunch of banjo-billy, bible-beater,
pagan trash. Just utter trash.

You can't be trusted to uncover dozens of heads of ELEPHANTS and come to the conclusion the LOCALS knew about ELEPHANTS.

"Wull.. whair ya think thay got some idear whur thair cudduh bin sum?"

"Thay cuddn't. Thim thair's ducks. Thay aint Eluhfunts."

====

What a bunch of hillbilly trash you people are.
Youre a hick

Gridley, CA

#27771 Sep 5, 2013
"CULTURE WHICH TOOK OVER SOUTH AMERICA TWIN to ONE IN BALI"

http://www.richardcassaro.com/suppressed-by-s...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Nail Live Concert at Sandy, Utah (Salt La... Mon davidlawson 2
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Jul 22 wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Jul 21 dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC Jun '16 ThomasA 4
News Lawmakers to consider 'grand boulevard' entranc... May '16 Cheri 1

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages