Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments
26,321 - 26,340 of 32,001 Comments Last updated Friday Jul 25

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal means different things...
For instance how many men have babies and have their period?
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You will reduce yourself to anything to convince someone you are a liar?
This is a question?
You don't have to spread any more lies... all a person has to do is look through this thread and find out you don't even believe in Genesis.
Whether I believe in Genesis or not has nothing to do with the fact that the women of the LDS church are second class citizens and have no say so in the church.
Anonymousnetruth teller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a question?
<quoted text>
Whether I believe in Genesis or not has nothing to do with the fact that the women of the LDS church are second class citizens and have no say so in the church.
Two words Relief Society it was the 1st organization run by wemen and Joseph Smith appointed the 1st leader
Anonymousnetruth teller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.
&nd we are taught wemen are equals

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

There is no equality in any church that has a patriarchal hierarchical pyramidal structure as does the church of Later Day Saints.

The way the patriarchal pyramid works in the Mormon church is that the men are awarded extra property (celestial wives) for bowing down to their masters. These celestial wives are under the man who owns them and can be denied entrance to the Mormon heaven at his discretion.

Now only an idiot would consider the mormons to practice equality!

You can lie about it all you want but the reality is easy for anyone with half a brain to see.

Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Anonymousnetruthteller wrote:
<quoted text>Two words Relief Society it was the 1st organization run by wemen and Joseph Smith appointed the 1st leader
Seriously, you see this as equal??

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

<quoted text>
&nd we are taught wemen are equals
Yes, as long as they shut up and do what they are told.
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Two words Relief Society it was the 1st organization run by wemen and Joseph Smith appointed the 1st leader
Well thank goodness there was a man around to make that appointment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank goodness there was a man around to make that appointment.
"Whatever shall I do without him??"
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whatever shall I do without him??"
I was recently invited to attend a Relief Society function were they darned buttons on aprons for the old folks home, so the occupants would have something to twiddle. I was told it gives the elderly something to do with their hands. Apparently it's very rewarding.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>I was recently invited to attend a Relief Society function were they darned buttons on aprons for the old folks home, so the occupants would have something to twiddle. I was told it gives the elderly something to do with their hands. Apparently it's very rewarding.
Did you go? Please tell me there is video of this out there, somewhere..
Get the sisters to start talking about licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts.
pearl

Layton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go? Please tell me there is video of this out there, somewhere..
Get the sisters to start talking about licked cupcakes and chewed gum and the party starts.
Actually, it's kind of a weird long story, but no I didn't go, and you couldn't pay me to go. Although, I do enjoy talking with Mormon women on a one on one basis, they are for the most part usually highly medicated and once they start talking to a non Mormon woman they will really open up. Their husbands always claim I am of the devil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's kind of a weird long story, but no I didn't go, and you couldn't pay me to go. Although, I do enjoy talking with Mormon women on a one on one basis, they are for the most part usually highly medicated and once they start talking to a non Mormon woman they will really open up. Their husbands always claim I am of the devil.
I was standing in line at a Costco for a Marie Osmond autograph not long ago and the stories were like train wrecks. One said her son, who became a paraplegic from a dirt bike accident..that she prayed everyday that Heavenly Father would just go ahead and take him..make him whole again in heaven.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Just how many female General Authorities do you have?
How many female presidents have we had? How many female vice presidents have we had? We know why females don't hold certain offices in the church, they don't hold the priesthood. So what excuse does America have for not ever having had a female president or vice president in our land you claim is rife with equality?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
Muslims men tell that same lie also about Muslim women.
American Christian men have been telling that lie to American Christian women since the 1700's for over 300 years. Now what?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Macho man admits to scorning women by making fun of them for having periods? A real jerk makes fun of a female having periods. A guy lacking common sense with a crude mean streak would tease females about something that most females hate and detest having to go through. And you make fun of them on top of it? Why am I not surprised.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a question?
<quoted text>
Nooo, YOU view females in the LDS church as second class citizens. You view them that way because you have a low opinion of females it appears or you wouldn't have said that.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
There is no equality in any church that has a patriarchal hierarchical pyramidal structure as does the church of Later Day Saints.
The way the patriarchal pyramid works in the Mormon church is that the men are awarded extra property (celestial wives) for bowing down to their masters. These celestial wives are under the man who owns them and can be denied entrance to the Mormon heaven at his discretion.
Now only an idiot would consider the mormons to practice equality!
You can lie about it all you want but the reality is easy for anyone with half a brain to see.
Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd
Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd and you do it so consistently.
Now about equality you claim you practice because you don't serve a patriarchal hierarchical pyramidal structure in your own life let's ask some questions that deal explicitly with equality.
How often does your wife hold the door open for you? How often do you sit in the passenger seat while she drives? How often does she lead prayer or a study group with you saying nothing? How often do you cook? Was your wife the main bread winner and now you two live off her savings/retirement? Is the vehicle in her name only? What about the mail? Is it generally in her name? How about any kids? If she had children with you, did you stay home and tend them while she worked?
You are the one that spoke of equality not being in peoples lives.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as long as they shut up and do what they are told.
That's how it is for you and your wife? Is that why you claim that of others? Hmmm?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was standing in line at a Costco for a Marie Osmond autograph not long ago and the stories were like train wrecks. One said her son, who became a paraplegic from a dirt bike accident..that she prayed everyday that Heavenly Father would just go ahead and take him..make him whole again in heaven.
One? One said what they claim someone else said that probably heard it from another etc and of course to you it has to be a fact you keep spreading like the good rumourmonger you are...
I've been thinking on something, just a thought mind you. I've been thinking of all the mean vile nasty crap you spout of others with such ease and all the rumours you perpetuate of others. I than thought what you'd be like to meet in person. I bet you're one of the warmest nicest people to meet. But I would bet $20 fast and quick I could talk to people that know you/met you and would find out you're a perfectionist at back stabbing. Am I wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Salt Lake Discussions

Search the South Salt Lake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga 4 min piratefighting 8,507
Israeli strikes on Gaza, rocket fire, break lull 48 min Garry Ackerman 2
Jerry Walker Fire, now caught (Aug '13) 1 hr From Paducah 2
Activists, others protest proposed utility fee Sat Solarman 1
New Chiropractic Physician Joins the Staff at T... Jul 26 Chiropractor from Chicago 12
How Ebay is Squeezing the Little Guy Out Using ... (Jul '13) Jul 24 SellerBacklash 12
Polygamous trust prepares for evictions in Hild... Jul 23 BSean 1
•••
•••
•••
South Salt Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Salt Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••