Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#27729 Sep 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.
You think women want to have periods and go through the pain of having birth>

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#27730 Sep 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many men want to? None. Men don't get upset because they can't have babies, and they make fun of women because they have periods.
LOL , now Dana , I'm gonna have to say that men absolutely have periods. I mean they don't bleed but they make my ears bleed with all their whining.:P
How you been friend?

“I will not keep calm”

#27731 Sep 1, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
There is no equality in any church that has a patriarchal hierarchical pyramidal structure as does the church of Later Day Saints.
The way the patriarchal pyramid works in the Mormon church is that the men are awarded extra property (celestial wives) for bowing down to their masters. These celestial wives are under the man who owns them and can be denied entrance to the Mormon heaven at his discretion.
Now only an idiot would consider the mormons to practice equality!
You can lie about it all you want but the reality is easy for anyone with half a brain to see.
Theocratic warfare is the tool used by the desperate to defend the absurd
No man has ever owned me and I would feel really bad for the first one to try. Wait, one did but It didn't work out well for him. Mormon women as a whole are NOT oppressed as everyone likes to make it seem. The ones who are, are usually much older women who were raised to allow men power over them, not through religious beliefs but because of the popular vote by society once upon a time.

“I will not keep calm”

#27732 Sep 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of the devil" is Mormonspeak for "she's sexy." In Utah that only means they'll talk about behind your back. In Iran it's grounds for execution.
lol I can't stop laughing. There are a few men in my old ward that didn't want their wives to hang out with me, I too was off the devil and I'm a member . hahahahahahahaha Im glad they didn't execute me. ohh and Btw i'm not sexy lol, I am however a rebel by their definition.
Natisha Recalde

Ashburn, VA

#27736 Sep 2, 2013
the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/lrmnaxy

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#27737 Sep 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Quotes by people Mormons claim are lead by God! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nbJrlxVvpmQXX&feature=you tu.be
You claim to be led by God and you disrespect people here, you cuss and call vulgar names, you've wished to murder, you stated you supported all the wrong that happened to the early Mormons and you constantly revert to a childish attitude. Did I miss anything?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27738 Sep 2, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't "females hold certain offices in the church, why "don't they hold the priesthood"? Hilary will change all of that..so is your question..why are there old boys clubs and glass ceilings? Are those valid excuses for misogyny within the one true church? Funny how society continues to erode all that truth, isn't it?
You have to ask? Because The worship of God in the OT is male based and the Christian worship of God in the NT is male based. God came as a male to Abraham in the OT. In the OT it's never written that God ever appeared as a female. In the NT God came as a male again.
The LDS try and reflect what was when Jesus walked the earth.
But I do fully understand that modern Christianity has nothing but disgust, disrespect and a bad taste in their mouth for what Jesus did concerning his church and how he set it forth with all males while the wives were at home tending the children and taking care of the home and it's needs.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27739 Sep 2, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Discrimination from the past is justification for discrimination in the future or today to No Surprise.
lol...oh yeah, you bet dude. God discriminated and thought it well and good throughout the OT choosing male leaders over female leaders and Jesus as God totally discriminated just 2000 years ago by establishing a 'nearly' all male religion a second time. And you believe in the book you claim God your almighty discriminator put together by his discriminating Spirit. lol...you're such an uninformed head case dude just saying...lol.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27740 Sep 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be led by God and you disrespect people here, you cuss and call vulgar names, you've wished to murder, you stated you supported all the wrong that happened to the early Mormons and you constantly revert to a childish attitude. Did I miss anything?
Did you miss anything? Yes....you didn't address the revelations from the prophets contained in the video. You know, the topic of the post. And oh yeah, you forgot LIAR LIAR.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#27741 Sep 2, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>Did you miss anything? Yes....you didn't address the revelations from the prophets contained in the video. You know, the topic of the post. And oh yeah, you forgot LIAR LIAR.
Actually I didn't miss anything. Jesus never stated how one could harm a child/person of innocence. He just stated if they were harmed the person harming them should by suicide/self murder drown himself in the nearest body of water. According to dana that's not an inspirational statement by a person being under the influence of a righteous God yet the verse states God stated it.
Dana stated ignorantly 'Quotes by people Mormons claim are lead by God! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! " Yet what he's said while claiming to be led by God makes him no different from those he was laughing at, thus laughing at himself.
And I didn't lie about anything dana, I mean pearl ;)P

Location hidden

#27742 Sep 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>You have to ask? Because The worship of God in the OT is male based and the Christian worship of God in the NT is male based. God came as a male to Abraham in the OT. In the OT it's never written that God ever appeared as a female. In the NT God came as a male again.
But I do fully understand that modern Christianity has nothing but disgust, disrespect and a bad taste in their mouth for what Jesus did concerning his church and how he set it forth with all males while the wives were at home tending the children and taking care of the home and it's needs.
You understand that modern Christianity doesn't follow Jesus' example of what to do with women?? I'm sorry, but what did you just say?
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#27743 Sep 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I didn't miss anything. Jesus never stated how one could harm a child/person of innocence. He just stated if they were harmed the person harming them should by suicide/self murder drown himself in the nearest body of water. According to dana that's not an inspirational statement by a person being under the influence of a righteous God yet the verse states God stated it.
Dana stated ignorantly 'Quotes by people Mormons claim are lead by God! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! " Yet what he's said while claiming to be led by God makes him no different from those he was laughing at, thus laughing at himself.
Is Dana a prophet with millions of followers? Really, I know you claim Prophets are just men, but when they claim revelation shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard and then just go ahead and laugh with them?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#27744 Sep 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to ask? Because The worship of God in the OT is male based and the Christian worship of God in the NT is male based. God came as a male to Abraham in the OT. In the OT it's never written that God ever appeared as a female. In the NT God came as a male again.
He forgets that there were female prophets in the OT. But lets not confuse him with the facts.

Marysville, CA

#27745 Sep 3, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>lol I can't stop laughing. There are a few men in my old ward that didn't want their wives to hang out with me, I too was off the devil and I'm a member . hahahahahahahaha Im glad they didn't execute me. ohh and Btw i'm not sexy lol, I am however a rebel by their definition.
You're just a troublemaker. But I'm willing to bet you are a good looking woman.

Marysville, CA

#27746 Sep 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
All of a sudden he is concerned about what Jesus said for a change. Yet when I pointed out that Jesus said that in the next life we aren't married or given in marriage, Jesus didn't really mean that.

Marysville, CA

#27747 Sep 3, 2013
Pearl
I've gotten No Surprise so mentally disturbed that there are days just me being on the same planet he's on drives him over the deep end. Maybe if he went to Evergreen and got some shock therapy he would claim down. LOL!!!
Moroni

Lethbridge, Canada

#27748 Sep 3, 2013
Great blog on this question:

http://letstalkmormon.blogspot.ca/

Location hidden

#27749 Sep 3, 2013
So, I have a question( that won't be answered, I know but you freaks make great screen shots)
If a person comes out as gay and works for the church(over a decade)and that person is celibate, does the church have a valid reason to fire him? As a temple worthy Mormon with a spotless work record? How does this work with the current stance? Is the COB a glass ceiling for lgbt's? If they discover one, they get rid of them...the lizards must be allergic.

Location hidden

#27750 Sep 3, 2013
And are there any openly gay celibate bishops, stake presidents, etc? Mitch Mayne yes but who else?

Marysville, CA

#27751 Sep 3, 2013
NoMo wrote:
So, I have a question( that won't be answered, I know but you freaks make great screen shots)
If a person comes out as gay and works for the church(over a decade)and that person is celibate, does the church have a valid reason to fire him? As a temple worthy Mormon with a spotless work record? How does this work with the current stance? Is the COB a glass ceiling for lgbt's? If they discover one, they get rid of them...the lizards must be allergic.
Well, just look at how many black General Authorities there have been and are today. Look at a current picture of them. There's enough white guys to make a KKK rally. And blacks were able to begin holding the Priesthood in 1978.

But I think Gordon B. Hickley was the first gay LDS prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Mon Charlie P 105
Repent Receive HOLYGHOST ACTS 2 38 Mon Premia 6
More Problems with the Book of Mormon Mon Sammy 44
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Mon Jusmysecert 49
Wake Up Mormons ( REPENT ) ( REPENT ) Mon Horce 3
News Muslims in Utah Feel a Little Betrayed by Mormo... Sun Tyma 42
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) Jan 13 yup 5

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance