Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31996 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Sep 12

El Dorado Springs, MO

#26947 Jul 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Remember his brand of tolerance:

"Regardless of law, marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down, so it can be replaced with a government that will respect and support marriage, and help me raise my children in a society where they will expect to marry in their turn.”--Orson Scott Card, July 24, 2008

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700245157/...

Oh, now he calls for "tolerance" with a non apology..lol
"Tolerance is a trap" ~Boyd K PaKKKer

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/09/showbiz/cel...
As I read this, I'm having an extremely delicious meal at the Chick-fil-A.:-)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26948 Jul 9, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>As I read this, I'm having an extremely delicious meal at the Chick-fil-A.:-)
Giving money to hate groups again? How Mormon of you..

Location hidden

#26949 Jul 9, 2013
What a sad awful message you bigots send to your own children.

http://www.nomorestrangers.org/through-the-ey...

Osceola, MO

#26950 Jul 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Giving money to hate groups again? How Mormon of you..
Mmmm... I don't care how hateful they appear. That's some good chicken! And this place is packed. Business appears to be as good as their chicken.

Osceola, MO

#26951 Jul 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
What a sad awful message you bigots send to your own children.

http://www.nomorestrangers.org/through-the-ey...
I'm full and need a nap.

Location hidden

#26952 Jul 9, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Mmmm... I don't care how hateful they appear. That's some good chicken! And this place is packed. Business appears to be as good as their chicken.
Doesn't surprise me..they do a good business here in Utah too.
It's not a matter of appearance. Dan Cathy is a hateful bigot.
As I said, how Mormon of you to support discrimination with your $$

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26953 Jul 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well honestly, no one is worried about you.
You are a self serving judgmental liar... who would murder Jesus Christ himself for teaching the things you do not approve.

You don't even know me... how do you know who is worried about me or not?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26954 Jul 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a self serving judgmental liar... who would murder Jesus Christ himself for teaching the things you do not approve.
You don't even know me... how do you know who is worried about me or not?
Because they'll probably busy trying to stay away from you. LOL!!!

Marysville, CA

#26955 Jul 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
What's this? Your tithing dollars at work..
http://mormondisclosures.blogspot.com/2013/07...
That is very interesting. But we'll never know the real story behind this one.

Marysville, CA

#26956 Jul 9, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Remember his brand of tolerance:
"Regardless of law, marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down, so it can be replaced with a government that will respect and support marriage, and help me raise my children in a society where they will expect to marry in their turn.”--Orson Scott Card, July 24, 2008
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700245157/...
Oh, now he calls for "tolerance" with a non apology..lol
"Tolerance is a trap" ~Boyd K PaKKKer
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/09/showbiz/cel...
Quote: "THE FIRST AND greatest threat from court decisions in California and Massachusetts, giving legal recognition to "gay marriage," is that it marks the end of democracy in America."

I love how bigots first hide behind God and the Bible to justify their bigotry, and now they are hiding behind the flag. I have no doubts the KKK said the very same thing when Jim Crow laws were overturned by the Supreme Court.

Marysville, CA

#26958 Jul 9, 2013
Translation: "Please come see my movie anyway this summer, even though I'm a bigot."

Marysville, CA

#26959 Jul 9, 2013
* Won't tolerant

Location hidden

#26960 Jul 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Quote: "THE FIRST AND greatest threat from court decisions in California and Massachusetts, giving legal recognition to "gay marriage," is that it marks the end of democracy in America."

I love how bigots first hide behind God and the Bible to justify their bigotry, and now they are hiding behind the flag. I have no doubts the KKK said the very same thing when Jim Crow laws were overturned by the Supreme Court.
They did!..6 years after my school was integrated, they burned a cross in my friends yard because she dated black guys. It's the same hate...
Orson(bless his heart) is a closeted Mormon who hates himself. Hopefully he realizes one day that cult is a scam..

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26962 Jul 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the girls where dressed in wedding dresses? Muslim do marry them that young you assclown. You play that crap anyway you want it, but everyone knows your full of shit.
No...not playing any crap. But you're espousing your hate mongering crap and at full speed as usual. And I didn't argue there are child marriages in Islam or Hindu or a variety of other religions world wide.
Those two little girls were dressed according to their beliefs. That is all, nothing more and nothing less. They had a great time on that float according to their smiles even if they were too young to understand all that they represented of their faith.
So you and nomo look at that picture and with perverse, dark thinking minds and you two envision those little girls as sex slaves in marriages called illegal in America.
Once again you and nomo have factually proved how disturbed your thinking has become.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26963 Jul 10, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
They said the same about blacks holding the priesthood also, until the "revelation". Time will tell who is right.
They did. The leaders of this church believed the curse would remain keeping dark skinned men from the priesthood till they said God would say otherwise. And they said God said otherwise like it or hate it.
But you wishing for an acceptance of same sex couples in this church, you might as well wish for this church to declare married couples partaking in adultery not to be sinners any more. You might as well wish for this church to be in acceptation of non-married sexual activity and shack up non-married relationships.
It'll never happen dude. It'll never happen for one single solitary reason. According to info from God in many many writings, the purpose of a union of a man and woman was that they would hopefully procreate children (if their plumbing was in order as Abraham and Sarah are an example where the plumbing didn't work correctly)so that the spirits waiting to come here would have a body to habitat in. Physical bodies are produced by a male and female. Not a same sex couple. A same sex couple on their own cannot and will not and never will ever produce offspring by themselves.
That is why this church will never accept same sex couples. But I understand why you wish not to understand that fact. So you keep wishing if it makes you feel good :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26964 Jul 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how that cult you got exed from thinks its an acceptable image isn't it? Using children for hateful messages usually backfires. And this one explodes.
Are you really that demented? Is your reasoning for thinking that bent? Are you fricking kidding??? An acceptable image? lol...The image is of what takes place in Mormon temples all over this world so of course it's an acceptable image to them. How ludicrous is your thinking? This church is pro same sex marriage! What in the *ell do you think the little flower girl and the little ring boy represent in so many every day regular weddings? They represent what the two grown ups are doing that they are tending to who are marrying! Little kids play mommy and daddy all over this planet and they are sick to you too??? lolol...societies world wide use children to advertise and support their religious and non-religious marriage traditions all over this planet.
lolol...fricking to funny...same sex males marrying have had two little boys for the flower girl and the ring boy so what now! lolol....hateful messages them all according to your whack job haters twisted mentality.....

Location hidden

#26965 Jul 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really that demented? Is your reasoning for thinking that bent? Are you fricking kidding??? An acceptable image? lol...The image is of what takes place in Mormon temples all over this world so of course it's an acceptable image to them. How ludicrous is your thinking? This church is pro same sex marriage! What in the *ell do you think the little flower girl and the little ring boy represent in so many every day regular weddings? They represent what the two grown ups are doing that they are tending to who are marrying! Little kids play mommy and daddy all over this planet and they are sick to you too??? lolol...societies world wide use children to advertise and support their religious and non-religious marriage traditions all over this planet.
lolol...fricking to funny...same sex males marrying have had two little boys for the flower girl and the ring boy so what now! lolol....hateful messages them all according to your whack job haters twisted mentality.....
There are no flower girls or ring bearers in temple weddings. The girl in the back is wearing a veil.
You lose, again.

Hollister, MO

#26966 Jul 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>There are no flower girls or ring bearers in temple weddings. The girl in the back is wearing a veil.
You lose, again.
I don't believe he said there were. He was talking about "traditional" marriages.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26967 Jul 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no flower girls or ring bearers in temple weddings. The girl in the back is wearing a veil.
You lose, again.
I was referring to the children used as flower girl and ring boy in civil marriages looney tunes...lol. They represent the couple being married but accordingly as what children are to do later in life, to get married.
You take the time to put down Mormon kids representing a way of marriage they may do one day, but you excuse non-Mormon kids doing the same exact thing in ads and commercials, on tv and in magazines, how they play act at home in "mommy and daddy" games. You're a fricking whack job on crazy hate mode all the way...

Location hidden

#26968 Jul 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to the children used as flower girl and ring boy in civil marriages looney tunes...lol. They represent the couple being married but accordingly as what children are to do later in life, to get married.
You take the time to put down Mormon kids representing a way of marriage they may do one day, but you excuse non-Mormon kids doing the same exact thing in ads and commercials, on tv and in magazines, how they play act at home in "mommy and daddy" games. You're a fricking whack job on crazy hate mode all the way...
You look at the image and write paragraphs to explain it..I look at it and see creepy exploitation.
It looks like a bday present for uncle warren.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After convention discord, Utah GOP delegates ho... Fri wormwood 2
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Thu dert 799
West Valley Gang Bangers.. (Nov '08) Jul 19 blow me 75
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC Jun '16 ThomasA 4
News Lawmakers to consider 'grand boulevard' entranc... May '16 Cheri 1
News Man arrested, charged with kidnapping woman for... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Tiffany Watson 1

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages