Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Comments (Page 1,279)

Showing posts 25,561 - 25,580 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...what's that you say??
What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...what's that you say?? It's not fun when the tables are turned?...funny how that works, when the victims decide to stand up to the bullies and the bullies cry victim. In 5 years you are going to be terribly undone. You won't have an excuse to be in the closet anymore. Whatever will you do???
Umm, out of curiosity what tables are turned? No tables have been turned. Are you mental? Homosexuals have been standing up to find their place in society for thousands of years and have never been given that place but for a short time. And when that society collapsed on itself, so did the laws and rights for homosexuals disappear with that society.
Homosexuality has existed when it's been tolerated by the conservative right joining the liberal left in whatever society it's existed in.
And you're wishing evil for this church is a wasted effort. They have never accepted a variety of what they believe are "sins", since Smith founded this church and they aren't changing because you think they will.
Sex outside of marriage between a male and female is wrong and is a sin to them be you male and female or male and male or female and female or human and animal it doesn't matter. Sex outside of a marriage between a male and female is wrong and is a sin to them. They will never change on that doctrine and you better realize that fact.
This church isn't like other Christian religions that change it's doctrines according to public perception of what a sin is and what a sin isn't at present. Most other Christian churches accept it's members that are committing adultery, living in shack up relationships, having casual sex, are drunks and weed heads and whatever else because they believe God is fine and well with all those things now.
Modern Christianity is a farce and a joke. It means nothing to itself and it has less meaning to the populace as a whole because it has no respect for itself as a religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
That is what I said and commented on...that Dana claimed you and he walk with God in a way where you two seek out to UPLIFT others and not to TEAR THEM DOWN, ie: say bad things of others, to bully them and say dark filthy things of them and call them names and to try and belittle them through rudeness and sarcasm which you and Dana have done ALL THE TIME IN HERE. That is what I stated. That is what I said. Understand? Hmm?
You and Dana are examples of how NOT to uplift a person but are prime examples of how to do one's best to tear other down with derogatory slanderous bullying statements. That is what you and Dana are examples of.
Yeah, getting a taste of your own medicine sucks, doesn't it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

NoMo wrote:
Stupid, ignorant, pathetic morons...lol...
"But he did attack the idea behind opposing marriage equality, and you can attack an idea without attacking those who subscribe to that idea."
Someone please show me how you can attack an idea formed/supported by a person(s) without attacking the person forming/supporting that idea, anyone please....
People claim they can be against same sex marriage and not be bigots and others claim it's not possible to "be against" same sex marriage and not be a bigot. Well using Kennedy's logic, why can't you "attack" the "idea" of same sex marriage without being a bigot? He claims we can attack an idea without attacking a person, same relevance...fricking stupid moronic thinking...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, getting a taste of your own medicine sucks, doesn't it.
lol....nooooo...lol....your reasoning sucks.....but funny too :)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
You know what's even cooler than forcing you bigots to stop telling gay people they aren't equal to you?
...that moment, when it finally truly dawns on YOU and you feel horrible..especially about the suicides, the way you shunned the gay ones in your community, or worse turned them into your bishop because they "seemed" gay somehow to you, the absolutely despicable things you said to your gay child/sibling/extended family member/kid in your ward..this list is endless but you get the idea..
And you start to change.
The LDS church will change as it always does when public opinion turns ugly on them an they'll cave in with another "revelation" to let gays hold the priesthood, the males ones anyway. But they'll never admit their teachings are wrong as demonstrated by the fact they still embrace dark skin is a curse teaching. People see through the BS though and that is why the LDS church is bleeding more and more members everyday. The real truth about Mormonism is coming out, it's all just made up bullshit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Lehi, Utah..
How is this in any way acceptable?? Have your brains been washed so thoroughly that you can't see how creepy this is?

http://i.imgur.com/StXbmBK.jpg
gordon knapp

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Kaylee Rae wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is unchanging, then why would he have to add something to the bible? That would be changing what he had originally.
Wisdom from someone who knows the truth first hand. Of course Mormons born into it will continue to believe it but that does not make it true. The truth will set you (Mormons) free.
gordon knapp

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Kaylee Rar is wisdom from someone who knows the truth. Of course someone born into it would tend to believe it but that does not make it true.

The truth will set you (Mormons) free.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

NoMo wrote:
Lehi, Utah..
How is this in any way acceptable?? Have your brains been washed so thoroughly that you can't see how creepy this is?
http://i.imgur.com/StXbmBK.jpg
To a Muslim, those girls are prime marrying age.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
To a Muslim, those girls are prime marrying age.
Their "traditional marriage" message totally backfires when they use children to promote it...doesn't it?
I heard(from someone who was there)all the stakes in rexburg idaho had floats in the towns 4th parade..each one a different temple..with the walkers(missionaries and kids) passing out BOMs. They were specifically targeting people in shorts/tank tops, etc....
Desperate, creepy and wrong on countless levels.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?

Since: Sep 12

West Plains, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

NoMo wrote:
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?
My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

NoMo wrote:
I haven't left. I just have nothing to say to your dumb remarks anymore.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

NoMo wrote:
You have to have a litmus test on who you help. Don't want the wrong homeless person getting help. Jesus wouldn't like that.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that I said? I called his statement BS, did you have a problem understanding why?? Dana stated of himself and you "...who don't get that our relationship with God is suppose to uplift our fellow man, not tear them down."
Says the man who justifies bigotry and homophobia completely. No, I don't want to uplift the ignorant in power. Poor baby, you've been so abused.

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?
Want me to send her a copy of "Birth of a Nation?" ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>My question to you is: Do you even know anything about the Klan?
Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
It's ok with you that LD$ inc. only wants straight children to get a meal or a clean pair of socks? How is that ok?

Marshfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
It's ok with you that LD$ inc. only wants straight children to get a meal or a clean pair of socks? How is that ok?
I didn't think so... Dana, send it to her.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 25,561 - 25,580 of32,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

South Salt Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••