Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32093 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26888 Jul 6, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>Sidestep??? I asked you a direct question which you never answered. Instead, you do as you always do. In an attempt to deflect from yourself and answering honestly, you project and make inaccurate assumptions. Well done...(Insert applause track here)
Sidestep..
But don't worry, your avoiding discussing the bigotry if your church isn't surprising.

Since: Sep 12

Ozark, MO

#26889 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Sidestep..
But don't worry, your avoiding discussing the bigotry if your church isn't surprising.
Waiting...

Location hidden

#26890 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Waiting...
The morg only wants its charitable dollars to assist straight kids..maybe evergreen can set up a gay test they all have to pass before they can have a sandwich.

Ozark, MO

#26892 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>The morg only wants its charitable dollars to assist straight kids..maybe evergreen can set up a gay test they all have to pass before they can have a sandwich.
Are you giving "them" any sandwiches? Yeah... didn't think so. "Do as I say, not as I do." So typical.

Location hidden

#26893 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>Are you giving "them" any sandwiches? Yeah... didn't think so. "Do as I say, not as I do." So typical.
Yes, actually..how else would I know that your bigoted morg wants to limit its donation to straight kids only? It's pretty pathetic, when having discussions about homeless youth in Utah, just the mention of gay is a "deal breaker.

Ozark, MO

#26894 Jul 6, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, actually..how else would I know that your bigoted morg wants to limit its donation to straight kids only? It's pretty pathetic, when having discussions about homeless youth in Utah, just the mention of gay is a "deal breaker.
You forgot your end quote. BTW- I don't believe you.

Location hidden

#26895 Jul 6, 2013
<quoted text>You forgot your end quote. BTW- I don't believe you.
I know it's hard for you to grasp how evil those old lizards really are, it's a gradual process..there are a number of groups out there, who are supportive no matter what stage you're in.
Father overtime

United States

#26896 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Gay marriages in the temple will be here soon! HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAAA!!!!!! !!!!
Keep dreaming clown.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26897 Jul 7, 2013
Father overtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep dreaming clown.
It's your future nightmare. LOL!!!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26898 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Their "traditional marriage" message totally backfires when they use children to promote it...doesn't it?
I heard(from someone who was there)all the stakes in rexburg idaho had floats in the towns 4th parade..each one a different temple..with the walkers(missionaries and kids) passing out BOMs. They were specifically targeting people in shorts/tank tops, etc....
Desperate, creepy and wrong on countless levels.
Your thinking and the insinuations flowing from it are desperate, creepy and so wrong on so many countless levels. So your desperate, creepy and wrong on so many countless level thinking is to state in Utah at parades Mormons don't/never wear shorts/tank tops etc at parades or any other time and only non-Momons wear shorts/tank tops etc. An interesting theory but nonetheless a desperate, creepy and wrong on countless levels theory and I am not surprised you'd believe it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26899 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The LDS church will change as it always does when public opinion turns ugly on them an they'll cave in with another "revelation" to let gays hold the priesthood, the males ones anyway.
Don't you ever have anything that isn't pathetic to say? Homosexual males staying in the closet since the church's foundation and homosexual males now coming out of the closet have held the priesthood since the foundation of the Mormon church I'd bet. They don't need a revelation to allow what has and already is taking place you ignoramus.
The church has asked one thing of single males holding the priesthood. Remain non-sexually active. Didn't matter what you thought your attraction was. If you're single and an active Mormon male holding the priesthood it's up to that male to remain non-sexually active.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26900 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Lehi, Utah..
How is this in any way acceptable?? Have your brains been washed so thoroughly that you can't see how creepy this is?
http://i.imgur.com/StXbmBK.jpg
What's desperate, creepy and wrong on countless levels is your personal dogma that putting kids in double jeopardy of their physical and mental well being as you did with your daughters, now that is desperate, creepy and wrong on countless levels. Kids dressed and following the creed and dogma of their religion is only as creepy as viewed by those with a really creepy viewpoint of life as you have.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26901 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
To a Muslim, those girls are prime marrying age.
A true blue sexual deviant would be the only one to think that abstract thought of a picture of children and then to voice it. Nice job as usual dude.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26903 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Funny how all you haters keep disappearing...so I have a question.. LD$ inc. is in negotiations with a national charity here to donate funds for homeless youth in Utah. Beside the creep factor of having to negotiate before helping children in their mecca(and that's really horrible, you have to admit)if there is any mention of LGBT..anything, your morg says the money is off the table.
The question..WTF? This is pure bigotry, classic Klan tactics..are all Mormons truly bigots? If you don't agree with this, why don't you leave?
Listening to haters like yourself get's tiring after a while. You show nothing but absolute hate. You hate everything Mormon that there is. But that isn't the real problem
If everything Mormon disappeared tomorrow you would wake with the same amount of hate for something else to make a victim of your seething hater rage.
There are more non-Mormon parents that kick their kids out of their homes in just the US for being homosexual and or transgender than can be counted.
Also, a quick search showed LDS churches donate $, food and other items to their perspective nearby shelters for homeless for decades. They donate to detox shelters etc. And they have done this for decades. But according to you the LDS do none of this. According to you the sickest of haters happening here the LDS don't donate to anyone for anything in Utah. According to you the sickest of the mentally ill haters all homeless youth in Utah are homosexuals and all come from Mormon house holds. According to your sick hater mentality all youth suicides in Utah are by Mormon youth who are homosexuals.
You're a really sick creepy Mormon hater. All you run with are absolutes concerning Mormons. You have no mental sensibilities or plausible logic of actual facts concerning Utah. According to your creepy sick demented Mormon hating illness Utah is only made of active Mormons hating all things homosexual.
You really need some help with that demented hate, seriously. Ever apologize to your daughters for putting their lives in double danger for moving to Utah as you stated was happening back in Texas? Hmm? Ever explain the demented logic you used to escape the Mormon missionaries you claimed were stalking you and your daughters and sexually olging them was to move to a state full of Mormon missionaries? Every try and help them see the logic in how you put their lives in twice as much danger as existed in Texas as you claimed existed there? Hmm? You're a sick freaking Mormon hater.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26904 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the man who justifies bigotry and homophobia completely. No, I don't want to uplift the ignorant in power. Poor baby, you've been so abused.
Say's the man that used homosexual slang for others in the most worst way he could think of to belittle others for months if not longer. And you don't and probably haven't uplifted anything but your own selfish purposes.
And you're a pathetic liar again as usual. Show me by quote where I have justified bigotry and homophobia liar. You'd rather maintain yourself as such a liar then to reference actual statements to prove what you say was said. You're a liar and you'll remain a liar because it's far easier for you to lie then to be truthful. Nice job as usual.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#26905 Jul 7, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those kids on that float remind me of those Prussian Blue girls. Or Warren Jeffs birthday present...
It's ok with you that LD$ inc. only wants straight children to get a meal or a clean pair of socks? How is that ok?
A sexual deviant/mentally depraved mind will envision children in sexually diviant/mentally depraved thought and then express them as you and Dana have done, ask a shrink if you doubt me. A normal mind doesn't see children and envision them as sex slaves as you and Dana have done. Somemore of that mentally sick hater stuff you have going on there.
And as stated earlier from having did research on the web, you're sick demented Mormon hater attitude allows you to state a lie that only straight kids get help in Utah. You really have to have a trully sick, creepy, demented train of thinking to even imagine such a thought as being true, but you prove you are that and then some again,.

Ozark, MO

#26906 Jul 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>It's your future nightmare. LOL!!!
IMHO, I don't believe the Federal Government can "force" a Church to marry gay individuals, or anyone for that matter. That's not to say they won't try, and there will be a long drawn out legal action as a result. However, our Constitution currently upholds a separation of Church and State. Gay individuals have the right to be married within the constraints of the law, and will now receive the same rights as a "traditional" couple. However, a Church can deny marrying someone, anyone, if they so choose. For example, if I were not LDS and wanted to be married in the SLC Temple, they would not allow me as I would have to be a member and hold a current Temple recommend to do so.

Now, you might say, "what if you are a gay member?" Well, if you were openly gay and had a gay partner wishing to be married and sealed in the Temple, that would not happen either because the Church would not give you a Temple recommend, and the Government cannot force the Church to do so. The Government has no bearing or say whether an individual is deemed worthy of receiving a Temple recommend. That's not to say gays have not married in the temple because they have. The difference is they were married to persons of the opposite sex.

Ozark, MO

#26907 Jul 7, 2013
The Government cannot, and will never, be able to "force" people to think and believe a certain way. Governments have tried throughout history and continue to try to this day with zero success. People may "act" like they believe and think a certain way when forced, but they don't. People are inherently free within their minds, and many will go to their death for what they believe and think. And that is why our founding fathers instituted a separation between Church and State. Because people will die for what they believe. Wars have been waged for it over and over again. This victory that is now being claimed will not change what religious people believe and think. If anything, it will further cement their mentality no matter how abhorrent it may be viewed.

Marysville, CA

#26908 Jul 7, 2013
<quoted text>
IMHO, I don't believe the Federal Government can "force" a Church to marry gay individuals, or anyone for that matter. That's not to say they won't try, and there will be a long drawn out legal action as a result. However, our Constitution currently upholds a separation of Church and State. Gay individuals have the right to be married within the constraints of the law, and will now receive the same rights as a "traditional" couple. However, a Church can deny marrying someone, anyone, if they so choose. For example, if I were not LDS and wanted to be married in the SLC Temple, they would not allow me as I would have to be a member and hold a current Temple recommend to do so.
Now, you might say, "what if you are a gay member?" Well, if you were openly gay and had a gay partner wishing to be married and sealed in the Temple, that would not happen either because the Church would not give you a Temple recommend, and the Government cannot force the Church to do so. The Government has no bearing or say whether an individual is deemed worthy of receiving a Temple recommend. That's not to say gays have not married in the temple because they have. The difference is they were married to persons of the opposite sex.
The government only had to force the LDS church to change one time, over polygamy. When it came to blacks holding the priesthood, public pressure made the difference. It was effecting baptisms and growth. I see the same thing happening today. During the Prop 8 campaign, Members, combined with the LDS church raised over 20 million in support, over half the funds used, to get it passed. It has come back it bite them. That is why all of a sudden you see the LDS church changing it's tone in the last few years. I fully believe when the lost becomes big enough, you will hear of another "revelation" allowing homosexuals to be married and keep their memberships and their temple recommends. The leaders of the church where corporate leaders first and have learned to think of the bottom line as the most important indicator. Growth is paramount above all else.

Marysville, CA

#26909 Jul 7, 2013
The Government cannot, and will never, be able to "force" people to think and believe a certain way. Governments have tried throughout history and continue to try to this day with zero success. People may "act" like they believe and think a certain way when forced, but they don't. People are inherently free within their minds, and many will go to their death for what they believe and think. And that is why our founding fathers instituted a separation between Church and State. Because people will die for what they believe. Wars have been waged for it over and over again. This victory that is now being claimed will not change what religious people believe and think. If anything, it will further cement their mentality no matter how abhorrent it may be viewed.
True, but today's generation is rejecting that thinking and some day will be the ones in charge. The people stuck in the rut today will die out, and be replaced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) 51 min USA-1 36
Is everyone there Mormon (Apr '16) Mar 24 wormwood 23
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) Mar 23 sm layton 17
Review: IloveKickboxing West Valley City Mar 23 Sarah Rodriguez 26
last post wins! (Jul '11) Mar 21 Hatti_Hollerand 376
Colvard Learning offering free literacy program... Mar 17 MarlanWarren 1
Concealed Carry Classes at the International Sp... Mar 15 EQUIP2CONCEALCLASS 1

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance