Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Read more

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26788 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Suck it bigots..you just lost
So, if marriage is legal for a woman to marry another woman... then it won't be long until polygamy is legal again.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26789 Jun 26, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>So, if marriage is legal for a woman to marry another woman... then it won't be long until polygamy is legal again.
Lol...go fight for it

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#26790 Jun 26, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't know me too well do you, and you are guessing wrongly.
I would have died burned to the stake for what I believe in (Jesus Christ and his commandments).
I would have not recanted. I would have taught my children the Lords prayer and spoken out about the power abuses of the Roman Church at the time.
Bullshit. You would be the one lighting the fire. You wish you could light one under me. You hate the fact that people are leaving the nutjob LDS church in droves.

Marysville, CA

#26791 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...go fight for it
Yes, please. Fight for the right to have a polygamous marriage and win. I would love to see the LDS church become no one bigger than the FLDS church. Talk about a "Great Apostasy". People would leave en mass.

Marysville, CA

#26793 Jun 26, 2013
Gay marriages in the temple will be here soon! HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAAA!!!!!! !!!!

Marysville, CA

#26795 Jun 26, 2013
Still dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing, I'm dancing!!!!!!!!!!

If you hate it, GOOD!!!!

Location hidden

#26796 Jun 26, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, please. Fight for the right to have a polygamous marriage and win. I would love to see the LDS church become no one bigger than the FLDS church. Talk about a "Great Apostasy". People would leave en mass.
They can have national Pioneer Day:) polygamist dresses and handcarts

Marysville, CA

#26797 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
They can have national Pioneer Day:) polygamist dresses and handcarts
It's the only day they dress like they actually think. They are stuck in the 1800's.

Location hidden

#26798 Jun 26, 2013
Guess what Utah...you may be the last state that passes marriage equality(or be forced by the Feds) but it WILL happen one day! Get ready bigots, I hope you have your closet ready

http://fox13now.com/2013/06/26/local-reaction...

Location hidden

#26799 Jun 26, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>It's the only day they dress like they actually think. They are stuck in the 1800's.
With a mind warp and a bunch of lizard wizards

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#26800 Jun 26, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the only day they dress like they actually think. They are stuck in the 1800's.
This year I went to welcome our youth into "Zion". I have to say that it was actually one of the more spiritual experiences that I have had in quite some time. My oldest didn't want to go on the trek, so I didn't force it.
Even those not of the LDS faith have to see how strong the pioneer women were. To be honest, if I had lived back then I probably would not have been Mormon.
Almost ALL religions have faced some type of persecution, and the pioneers of each are what brought it forth. Doesn't matter the faith, there is something to be said for the pioneers of them all.

Location hidden

#26801 Jun 26, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>This year I went to welcome our youth into "Zion". I have to say that it was actually one of the more spiritual experiences that I have had in quite some time. My oldest didn't want to go on the trek, so I didn't force it.
Even those not of the LDS faith have to see how strong the pioneer women were. To be honest, if I had lived back then I probably would not have been Mormon.
Almost ALL religions have faced some type of persecution, and the pioneers of each are what brought it forth. Doesn't matter the faith, there is something to be said for the pioneers of them all.
..and the actions of the persecutors are usually over the top, in comparison with the "sin? I hope they realize that one day, stop the judgment and embrace everyone(but you have to know, I don't think I will ever be able to trust them again)the hrc predicts 5 years from now, equality will be federal, I hope they have a revelation or whatever and aren't forced into it. Keep helping them change! We will do this!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26802 Jun 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. You would be the one lighting the fire. You wish you could light one under me. You hate the fact that people are leaving the nutjob LDS church in droves.
Accusations don't make you right. I would not light the fire under anyone for wanting to learn about Christ and having a Bible. I know what you are that doesn't mean I would burn you or anyone.

No, I don't believe people are leaving in "droves"; however, those who do leave have their free agency.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26803 Jun 27, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
Gay marriages in the temple will be here soon! HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHHAAA!!!!!! !!!!
That seems so wrong... the USA is about free agency

(right?)

Why would they "Force" a Church to let people marry in a temple, or in a temple if they are not worthy?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26804 Jun 27, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>This year I went to welcome our youth into "Zion". I have to say that it was actually one of the more spiritual experiences that I have had in quite some time. My oldest didn't want to go on the trek, so I didn't force it.
Agreed!

I can't imagine going through the atrocities and persecutions they did just so you can practice freedom of religion.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26805 Jun 27, 2013
If gay people come in large groups and sit on the benches at Church... I would welcome them!

That does not mean that I believe that Christ wants homosexuality.

The Bible states it over and over again what is right and what is wrong. However, we are to be Christlike... and I think Christ would welcome anyone who dressed and acted appropriately at Church. Who had pure intent another words.

Location hidden

#26806 Jun 27, 2013

Marysville, CA

#26807 Jun 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
If gay people come in large groups and sit on the benches at Church... I would welcome them!
That does not mean that I believe that Christ wants homosexuality.
The Bible states it over and over again what is right and what is wrong. However, we are to be Christlike... and I think Christ would welcome anyone who dressed and acted appropriately at Church. Who had pure intent another words.
Really? That's good, because I know of a gay rights group that is planning on having a kiss in at temple square to celebrate the new Supreme Court ruling.

Marysville, CA

#26808 Jun 27, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusations don't make you right. I would not light the fire under anyone for wanting to learn about Christ and having a Bible. I know what you are that doesn't mean I would burn you or anyone.
No, I don't believe people are leaving in "droves"; however, those who do leave have their free agency.
Good, because there is a whole lot of "free agency" going on.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26809 Jun 28, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's good, because I know of a gay rights group that is planning on having a kiss in at temple square to celebrate the new Supreme Court ruling.
Are they going there to worship or to celebrate and taunt?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) 18 hr kristen 24
News Google Fiber to reach Salt Lake City 18 hr Tom 2
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Mar 22 Waymogv001010 12
News Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker to oversee na... Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2
News Fake Cops Execute a Very Illegal Search and Sei... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Judy 1
News Police Arrest Prime Suspect in 3 Armed West Jor... (Sep '09) Jan '14 terrill 11
nudism and in salt lake city, UT (Oct '13) Oct '13 freecowboy87 1
South Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]