Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32004 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26769 Jun 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>Omgosh... you are so delusional...

Christ's Church is a pyramid scheme. Is that what you are going to tell him on judgement day?
Yes and the first presidency should all be in prison for numerous charges, including fraud.
YOU are the deluded one...."kids, always remember..Heavenly Father would not want you to be hypnotized"
...overheard at Wendy's in Midvale, Utah.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26770 Jun 25, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and the first presidency should all be in prison for numerous charges, including fraud.
YOU are the deluded one...."kids, always remember..Heavenly Father would not want you to be hypnotized"
...overheard at Wendy's in Midvale, Utah.
You are crazy!

You think that God wants people in Church to go around and preach homosexuality is ok...

No...

You must separate the good (his commandments and teachings)
from the bad (peoples desires becoming more important than his commands).

You can spread your opinions or lies around but that's all it is... is your personal opinion, it's not God's command.

It amazes me that you think it's ok to preach and tell people the Church is wrong for following what God commands.

It's a good thing this isn't the dark ages you would be burned at the stake for heresy, or maybe they would just bury you alive... who knows what they would do to you.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26771 Jun 25, 2013
I guess what I am saying is just because you don't understand it, or support it... doesn't make the Church wrong.

What is important is God's commands.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#26772 Jun 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are crazy!
You think that God wants people in Church to go around and preach homosexuality is ok...
No...
You can spread your opinions or lies around but that's all it is... is your personal opinion, it's not God's command.
It amazes me that you think it's ok to preach and tell people the Church is wrong for following what God commands.
It's a good thing this isn't the dark ages you would be burned at the stake for heresy, or maybe they would just bury you alive... who knows what they would do to you.
what makes you think the church has God's approval anyway? They don't follow what the Bible says. For example: God expects true religion to stay politically neutral. Religion disobeys that. etc. How do you think God's feels about that?

Location hidden

#26773 Jun 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>You are crazy!

No...

...and you would sustain the lizards who burned me. Your cult is not only wrong, it's evil and harmful.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26774 Jun 25, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you would sustain the lizards who burned me. Your cult is not only wrong, it's evil and harmful.
The Catholics are the ones that burned heretics in the dark ages. The Church of Jesus Christ had to be restored because it became corrupted.

No, I would NEVER sustain their actions.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26775 Jun 25, 2013
happypioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
what makes you think the church has God's approval anyway? They don't follow what the Bible says. For example: God expects true religion to stay politically neutral. Religion disobeys that. etc. How do you think God's feels about that?
Where does it say that in the Bible?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26776 Jun 25, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_ch...

"In English, the exact term is an offshoot of the phrase, "wall of separation between church and state", as written in Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802. In that letter, referencing the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, Jefferson writes: "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions,...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26777 Jun 25, 2013
The Mark of Cain
The Mormon prophet Brigham Young on the appearence of Africans:
“Cain slew his brother....and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the FLAT NOSE AND BLACK SKIN...”
(Journal of Discourses, Vol. 7, pages 290-291)
From a Mormon Publication:
“Their skin is quite black, their hair woolly and black, THEIR INTELLIGENCE STUNTED, and they appear never to have arisen from the most savage state of barbarism.” The Juvenile Instructor, Vol. 3, page 157)
Besides a black skin, Africans have a black heart, according to Mormon publication Times and Seasons, edited by future prophet John Taylor:
“The descendants of Ham, besides A BLACK SKIN which has ever been a curse that has followed an apostate of the holy priesthood, as well as a BLACK HEART, have been servants to both Shem and Japheth, and the ABOLITIONISTS ARE TRYING TO MAKE VOID THE CURSE OF GOD, BUT IT WILL REQUIRE MORE POWER THAN MAN POSSESSES TO COUNTERACT THE DECREES OF ETERNAL WISDOM.”
(Times and Seasons, Vol. 6, page 857)

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26778 Jun 25, 2013
Thus, I think you are wrong about God saying "true religion to stay politically neutral".

Why do you think Jesus Christ was sacrificed to the political Pharisees.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26779 Jun 25, 2013
" The separation of church and state is the distance in the relationship between organized religion and the nation state.

Although the concept of separation has been adopted in a number of countries, there are varying degrees of separation depending on the applicable legal structures and prevalent views toward the proper role of religion in society. While a country's policy may be to have a definite distinction in church and state, there may be an "arm's length distance" relationship in which the two entities interact as independent organizations. "

Location hidden

#26780 Jun 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholics are the ones that burned heretics in the dark ages. The Church of Jesus Christ had to be restored because it became corrupted.

No, I would NEVER sustain their actions.
And gullible you would have eaten it up with a spoon. You would celebrate it. Do you celebrate your brothers and sisters being kicked out if their house as children, for being gay? What would you do, if one if your kids came out? You would light the fire..

Location hidden

#26781 Jun 25, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
" The separation of church and state is the distance in the relationship between organized religion and the nation state.
And
Although the concept of separation has been adopted in a number of countries, there are varying degrees of separation depending on the applicable legal structures and prevalent views toward the proper role of religion in society. While a country's policy may be to have a definite distinction in church and state, there may be an "arm's length distance" relationship in which the two entities interact as independent organizations. "
And your cult has no business in trying to control equality laws across this country because of its ignorant hateful bigotry.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26782 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your cult has no business in trying to control equality laws across this country because of its ignorant hateful bigotry.
YOU are the one spouting off ignorant hateful bigotry.

TRY for once going and seeking counseling for your anger issues.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26783 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And gullible you would have eaten it up with a spoon. You would celebrate it. Do you celebrate your brothers and sisters being kicked out if their house as children, for being gay? What would you do, if one if your kids came out? You would light the fire..
No, you don't know me too well do you, and you are guessing wrongly.

I would have died burned to the stake for what I believe in (Jesus Christ and his commandments).

I would have not recanted. I would have taught my children the Lords prayer and spoken out about the power abuses of the Roman Church at the time.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26784 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
...Children are kicked out of NON-Latter-day Saints homes for pregnancy, drugs, homosexuality.

...Children are kidnapped and sold by their mothers for drugs in NON-Latter-day Saint homes.

...Children are not safe in NON-Latter-day Saint homes.

Think about the reality of what you are saying.
This world is tainted with Satan swirling around it.
Trying to get into the minds and hearts of individuals to deceive God.

Don't blame it on the Lords Church.
It is the people of the world that do wrong.

...We are told we have to follow the commandments (all of the commandments).

...That does not spare us from tragedies around us, even doesn't spare us from experiencing tragedies from happening to us.

FYI: not all Mormons follow all commandments... that does not make the Church wrong. It makes them wrong. They will answer to Heavenly Father for what they have done.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26785 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
And, that is your opinion... but not all agree. Someone has to stand up for what is right... and what is right is to follow God's commands.

Location hidden

#26786 Jun 26, 2013
Suck it bigots..you just lost

Since: Jun 13

Nashville, TN

#26787 Jun 26, 2013
Mormonism is a cult.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#26788 Jun 26, 2013
NoMo wrote:
Suck it bigots..you just lost
So, if marriage is legal for a woman to marry another woman... then it won't be long until polygamy is legal again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Episcopal Church leaders welcome the lifting of... 4 hr L I G E R 9
News Episcopal Bishops Overwhelmingly Reject Divestment Sat RevKen 2
News Episcopalians OK allowing gay marriage in churches Sat RevKen 10
News Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in chu... Jul 2 RevKen 12
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Jun 30 ThatOneGuy 44
News Episcopalian bishops seek end to 'unholy trinit... Jun 29 JR Bailey 1
News Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker to oversee na... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages