Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32007 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25860 May 23, 2013
Let us be objective here.

It is a tall claim to say that black people came from the mark of cain. And considering the racist implications, one that would do so without providing evidence would clearly be engaging in racist behavior.

It's entirely objective to say that no skin color race came from the mark of cain.

Clearly the one stating that any race or color came from Cain, would have to provide evidence.

That's just basic common sense.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25861 May 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling Dana a she? She's a he I believe. You might want to ask him to be sure.
Of the verse, you have an opinion like others. Nothing more, nothing less like others. Accept that fact :)
So what? It's a common mistake.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25862 May 23, 2013
Watch what happens when a Mormon starts thinking for themselves. Very honest video by an LDS Apologist, Kerry Shirts.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25863 May 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy that's a black racist that believes God is a black African who created a black African Adam and Eve and who then in afterthought marked/cursed/created/made to be all other false colours of God for the rest of humans to be is going to call others white supremacists?? lolol....to fricking funny dude....really.
Again you lie. He doesn't think God is a man of any color.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25864 May 23, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you are just dumb!
Well then, take your toys and lie, little baby. Let the grown ups talk.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25865 May 23, 2013
Happens to me too.

Dana check out the new thread I started off..

Now that they collapsed in here, I thought it would be good to establish a fortification on this issue on a new thread.

of course we will continue to beat them senseless in here... and of course they will come back around asking for more beating...

But a new thread to really taunt them...

Thought it be icing on the cake.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? It's a common mistake.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#25866 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
Nope.
None of that garbage below is what I teach or believe. I believe that Adam/Eve were black because they were created in Africa, and in an environment that is appropriate for darkerskinned people.
There is nothing racist about that. If they were created in the cold mountains, I'd accept that they were white. But that's not the case.
Also, I don't try to push an agenda that whites (the white race) came from a mark and curse on Cain.
<quoted text>
And you don't teach the white people are Satan's representatives on Earth. He always seems to forget that part of LDS teachings concerning people of color.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25867 May 23, 2013
Right.

lets get this cleared up.

I showed evidence of white skin coming from the most recent mutation of a gene for skin color.

I do not consider this a curse.

But even without this gene, the issue here is this:

I used the same racist thinking they use... against them. Being hypocritical morons so obsessed with race, they attacked my reflective position against them. So either they are very stupid, or very obsessed with pushing their agenda.

There is no way God is any skin color.
There is no way that any skin color is truly better or more god like.

Skin color is, and the Hebrew writers saw it as, an irrelvancy in the biblical story and God's will.

Mormons try to get to that point, but because they won't renounce the teaching about the origins OF skin color (black people especially)

They are in effect with one hand agreeing that racism is wrong, while with the other hand holding on to racist beliefs.

proof? Look at sportxmouse asking me "where do the colors come from" and demanding I provide proof.

Well if the genetic marker isn't proof, then what is? It's not my fault all of they physical evidence points to whites being LAST.

And I don't view that as meaning that they are less. It all balances out.

But nothing about Cain and his curse has to do with any of this. And the Hebrew writers never implied otherwise.

That fact is what these Mormon racists have to truly accept. They may never know how the Hebrews understood the origin of skin colors, but there is no way one can say that CAIN was somehow believed to be involved in any of it.

The tower of Babble would be a far more sensible explanation!
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't teach the white people are Satan's representatives on Earth. He always seems to forget that part of LDS teachings concerning people of color.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25868 May 23, 2013
LOL they got "ICED"

I love that phrase. I just imagine them yapping and what not

Then I show something and go

Yea... you just got iced.
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, take your toys and lie, little baby. Let the grown ups talk.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25869 May 23, 2013
Look, ya got iced.

It's been fun, you guys really really tried. And I know they always say that if you try really really hard you'll succeed.

But you've clearly seen that in reality that's not always the case.

But you go back home, pour yourself a glass of shut the f--- up juice...

Kick your heels up and just think to yourself for a moment...

"Why am I trying so hard to make a case that black people came from the mark of Cain? It's obvious some made up racist crap used to enslave them. Heck Osirica showed us it wasn't even taught in Biblical times... Why am I arguing against this?"

Just step back and really ask yourself. I know I knwo you come back with some post, you'll make some claim about what I said and act like you don't understand what is really going on. I get that.

You want to save face... I understand buddy. Maybe you can get me on a type-o or prove im a racist too...

That's all nice and fun.

But in the end, you just step back, just count to 30 slowly, give your brain a chance to think about it.

Why are you pushing the notion that blacks could have been or might have been cursed by Cain?

We know that "No Surprise" can't get past his racist mindset. He think's is plausible because there is nothing explicitly saying "we didn't" in the Bible. But you don't see him trying to reinterpret passages to prove that Cain's mark was a horn on his head do you?

So listen, the battle was won for us, and lost for you.

But you can still learn from this. Start by asking yourself why.

Give yourself the 30 seconds before you just blurt out something and don't be silly and say "you're doing it too" because you know I'm not...
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you are just dumb!

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25870 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
Look, ya got iced.
It's been fun, you guys really really tried. And I know they always say that if you try really really hard you'll succeed.
But you've clearly seen that in reality that's not always the case.
But you go back home, pour yourself a glass of shut the f--- up juice...
Kick your heels up and just think to yourself for a moment...
"Why am I trying so hard to make a case that black people came from the mark of Cain? It's obvious some made up racist crap used to enslave them. Heck Osirica showed us it wasn't even taught in Biblical times... Why am I arguing against this?"
Just step back and really ask yourself. I know I knwo you come back with some post, you'll make some claim about what I said and act like you don't understand what is really going on. I get that.
You want to save face... I understand buddy. Maybe you can get me on a type-o or prove im a racist too...
That's all nice and fun.
But in the end, you just step back, just count to 30 slowly, give your brain a chance to think about it.
Why are you pushing the notion that blacks could have been or might have been cursed by Cain?
We know that "No Surprise" can't get past his racist mindset. He think's is plausible because there is nothing explicitly saying "we didn't" in the Bible. But you don't see him trying to reinterpret passages to prove that Cain's mark was a horn on his head do you?
So listen, the battle was won for us, and lost for you.
But you can still learn from this. Start by asking yourself why.
Give yourself the 30 seconds before you just blurt out something and don't be silly and say "you're doing it too" because you know I'm not...
<quoted text>
lol... now you show who are you.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25871 May 23, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, take your toys and lie, little baby. Let the grown ups talk.
Nah, I don't think I will be departing anytime soon... I'm fully grown up... according to you I'm in my 60's.

lol... such an idiot.

A.C.C.U.S.A.R.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25872 May 23, 2013
osirica wrote:
Let us be objective here.
It is a tall claim to say that black people came from the mark of cain. And considering the racist implications, one that would do so without providing evidence would clearly be engaging in racist behavior.
It's entirely objective to say that no skin color race came from the mark of cain.
Clearly the one stating that any race or color came from Cain, would have to provide evidence.
That's just basic common sense.
Right, and you are claiming Adam was from Africa and was Black...

Eve came from Adam... so they were the same... then Cain from them

So, you produce that evidence to support your claim.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25873 May 23, 2013
First, I never said...

"Why are you pushing the notion that blacks could have been or might have been cursed by Cain?"

I said God put a mark on Cain to set him apart so that he would not be killed. So, others could identify him.

The Bible says... Thou shalt not KILL... Cain cursed himself when he killed his brother Able out of spite and jealousy.

I don't believe God blessed Cain by making an "Oath" with him and said Cain you have special privileges for sinning.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25874 May 23, 2013
Surely you realize that if we commit a crime, and go to jail... our children suffer as a consequence too?

Don't you realize rewards and consequences?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#25875 May 23, 2013
Osirica...

Are you a Christian? What faith do you believe in?

If you want to have an adult conversation you need to explain what your beliefs are.

I've asked you to explain why we are wrong. But, you say nothing. You don't explain so we don't understand.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25876 May 23, 2013
Whelp, it's time for your bweatin!

So WHAT I claim that Adam was from Africa and was black. SO WHAT.

Now, I provided evidence many times over regarding the Nile flowing from a high point where the garden itself would sustain life. One of the rivers flowing out of that would be the Nile (Pishon), and surrounds "the whole of the land of Ethiopia".

Secondly, science confirms that the earliest shared human ancestor of all humans is a black African.

http://www.stanford.edu/~harryg/protected/evo...

http://www.stat.yale.edu/~jtc5/papers/Ancesto... (page 2 first paragraph)

Now in regards to CAIN,

No where do you make a case to start off with that Cain and his family "wasn't" black in the first place.

With all things being equal, why do you assume that he "turned" black?

I.E. what evidence do YOU have?
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and you are claiming Adam was from Africa and was Black...
Eve came from Adam... so they were the same... then Cain from them
So, you produce that evidence to support your claim.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25877 May 23, 2013
Ok and there are millions of "marks" that could be visible on Cain. Nothing about changing his skin color would make sense, since there were likely others sharing the skin color.

It would be more reasonable, if you want to go the skin color route, to postulate that he was made into an albino.

yet you do not say that. But you still want to hold on to the notion of a skin color.

So what COLOR then do you suggest he was turned into?

And it didn't say god "blessed" cain. It said God made an OATH with Cain that no one would kill him. The "oath" is your "mark". Don't you GET IT?

God made a promise with Cain that no one would kill him... the phrase wasn't meant to be understood that God would change him physically, but merely that God would just do whatever is necessary to protect him.

But even if I am not right about that interpretation, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to suggest he was "turned" into "a black man".

1. He could have been black to start off with.
2. Why black skin?
3. Doesn't relate to black people through the ages.
sportxmouse wrote:
First, I never said...
"Why are you pushing the notion that blacks could have been or might have been cursed by Cain?"
I said God put a mark on Cain to set him apart so that he would not be killed. So, others could identify him.
The Bible says... Thou shalt not KILL... Cain cursed himself when he killed his brother Able out of spite and jealousy.
I don't believe God blessed Cain by making an "Oath" with him and said Cain you have special privileges for sinning.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25878 May 23, 2013
UM NO.

That's NOT what happens.

That's not how it works.

It was with Adam and Eve and in some instances, but it does not work with God proclaiming "some" and not "others".
Even the curse on Canaan was proclaimed by NOAH, not GOD. And Jesus rebuked THAT!

JESUS ATONEMENT overshadows all of this nonsense you are teaching. In fact, the idea that only Jews can be priests in the Christian faith... that was WHOLLY rejected outright from the start of Christianity. Why the HECK would blacks be banned from it? No reason.

(and again, note how badly you want it to be true here! Not because you truly believe in this theory, but because you want it to apply to black people!)
sportxmouse wrote:
Surely you realize that if we commit a crime, and go to jail... our children suffer as a consequence too?
Don't you realize rewards and consequences?

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25879 May 23, 2013
Owth is not a "skin color changing" concept.

So you want to sidestep this fact? Go right ahead. But like I said, you've collapsed.

I've explained why you are wrong clearly a dozen dozen times.

The entire thing did not come about being passed down from Jewish and early Christianity.

it came about from white slaveholders getting it from Spanish who got it from Muslims.
sportxmouse wrote:
Osirica...
Are you a Christian? What faith do you believe in?
If you want to have an adult conversation you need to explain what your beliefs are.
I've asked you to explain why we are wrong. But, you say nothing. You don't explain so we don't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apocalypse Signs Fish falling from Sky 2 hr dogma TV 1
stupid utah drivers (Feb '08) Sat The Judge 117
News LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) Jul 31 MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 30,182
News Mormons: We are Christians, too (Apr '07) Jul 31 MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 28,891
Water Turned Blood Red in Canada! Jul 30 dogma tv 1
Apocalypse Signs Fish falling from Sky Jul 30 dogma tv 1
Man Saves A 375 Pound Black Bear From Drowning Jul 30 dogma tv 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages