Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24695 May 2, 2013
Stupid man...

Dana didn't write a "book of garbage" and try to pass it off as an actual 2000 year old writing...

Dana didn't write a "book of Moses" and try to pass it off as a lost document moses was said to write.

Dana didn't try to rewrite the Bible and pass it off as a corrected version that God inspired her to write to fix errors in the current version.

Yea... you feel that burning in your forehead don't you?

Sssssssssssizzle....
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect instance of you not reading what was posted or reading what I posted to.
DANA, your bud Dana BELIEVES GENESIS IS A MYTH, A LIE, NOT TRUE, A WORK OF DELUDED THINKING. DANA STATED he believes Genesis is a myth.
Fricking read what was written please?????????

Location hidden

#24696 May 2, 2013
Not when God sets the rules that define what is and is not evil.

And by the way, regarding Dana... another thing to keep in mind:

Dana didn't profit by writing some crap, to make it look like someone else wrote it to prophesize about how great Dana is.

Dana didn't get her cousins and buddies to sign affadavits swearing to see this crap in golden plates that then dissappear.

Dana doesn't try to explain Native Americans and Blacks as products of curses and marks on skin...

Loser

Dana will learn or come to understand Genesis honestly at least. You, look at you...

Everything you can to try to make the Bible "just as incredible" (I mean this in a bad way) as the Book of Mormon.

The tired Mormon tactic. Try to latch the two together so that any critic bold enough to condemn the Book of Mormon will be forced to logically condemn the Bible as well.

Again stupid Mormon...

The Bible really WAS written over 2000 years ago.

The Book of Mormon PRETENDED to be written a thousand of years ago, but came about 147 years ago from the head of two or three con artists
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion, I agree. Though I understand your point, evil isn't a relative term. God has stated nothing evil exists in "God's heaven". Only good exists in
heaven. So good isn't relative as it exclude evil as an opposite. That gives it definition.

Location hidden

#24697 May 2, 2013
Of COURSE color doesn't matter!

how does it LOOK, for you to be defending a religion that denigrates skin colors, then come back saying

DUUH GEE COLOR DOESNT MATTER

Thats like me going on and on against strawberry ice cream, but then I say "oh gee all the flavors are just as good".

It be different if the BoM said "the darker skinned ones were THOUGHT to have been cursed, but in the end it came to be known that they were never cursed."

Or if the Pearl said "there has been a myth that the Kushites were cursed, from Cain and Canaan, and this would justify excluding them from the priesthood...but the word of God has overppowered these lies and the women of the Kusites, as any other race, marrying into a Levitical family have always known from the outset that their own children of Levites, yea even Phinehas, the Nubian, can join the priesthood.

See THAT is "color doesn't matter"
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha....
you go to another thread if you don't like hearing the truth.
Color doesn't matter.

Location hidden

#24698 May 2, 2013
You're still stuck on Joseph Smith, so why don't you start with the liar you think you know so well first.

Oh wait your reply will be "I never said I knew Joseph Smith"

No wait your reply is going to be "I wasn't going to say that either"
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person claims to believe in the Bible for three years, has posts stating that for three years, has posts where they have debated the truth of Genesis with those in disbelief, when a person announces after all that time Genesis is a myth, that they believe God began his chosen people being slaves to Egyptians, that person as Dana has proved they have left a lot out of how they actually believe.
Even Jesus referenced Genesis and so did other NT authors. So for Dana Jesus and those writers are false bearers and deluded to reference Genesis because he's decided it's a myth. And Jesus referenced a part of Genesis as being not a myth that Dana calls a myth. A myth is essentially a fabricated lie. So Jesus lied according to Dana and Dana takes Jesus as a savior.
So go figure that mess.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24699 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Of COURSE color doesn't matter!
how does it LOOK, for you to be defending a religion that denigrates skin colors, then come back saying
DUUH GEE COLOR DOESNT MATTER
Thats like me going on and on against strawberry ice cream, but then I say "oh gee all the flavors are just as good".
It be different if the BoM said "the darker skinned ones were THOUGHT to have been cursed, but in the end it came to be known that they were never cursed."
Or if the Pearl said "there has been a myth that the Kushites were cursed, from Cain and Canaan, and this would justify excluding them from the priesthood...but the word of God has overppowered these lies and the women of the Kusites, as any other race, marrying into a Levitical family have always known from the outset that their own children of Levites, yea even Phinehas, the Nubian, can join the priesthood.
See THAT is "color doesn't matter"
<quoted text>
You are a racist bigot... not me.

I did not speak for the Church. I spoke for myself. Color doesn't matter to me.

Location hidden

#24700 May 2, 2013
So I'm a racist bigot for what reason?

I do "not" think whites came from a curse
I do respect scientific facts
I do not base biblical narrative on European centered points of view 1700 years later.

You DEFEND the Mormon religion (it's not the Church, that's a Christian institution... your buildings you call temples).
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist bigot... not me.
I did not speak for the Church. I spoke for myself. Color doesn't matter to me.

Location hidden

#24701 May 2, 2013
Is that even the case when those accomplishments come at the expense of others, through treachery and deceit.

So you are part right. HOW you endure and HOW you accomplish.

Smith accomplished self aggrandizing success by lying and deciet. He reinvented himself to be something he truly was not. He lied man. He lied in what he wrote.

YEverytime you defend it, yes you show you are afraid of being black. You are afraid of the notion that blacks really mattered in shaping your beliefs about God. They weren't just following, they had a hand in setting in motion that which you consider holy and sacred now.

Not all of them were black, that's fine. But Phinehas was, Moses was, Nun was.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid of being black.
Color doesn't matter to me... what matters is how you endure and what you accomplish in this life.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24702 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
So I'm a racist bigot for what reason?
I do "not" think whites came from a curse
I do respect scientific facts
I do not base biblical narrative on European centered points of view 1700 years later.
You DEFEND the Mormon religion (it's not the Church, that's a Christian institution... your buildings you call temples).
<quoted text>
No, the Mormon Church has Churches and Temples.

You have a problem with white people... and you come in here accusing white people of being racist against black people.

You don't respect God, You don't respect people... You respect skin color that is black.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#24703 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Is that even the case when those accomplishments come at the expense of others, through treachery and deceit.
So you are part right. HOW you endure and HOW you accomplish.
Smith accomplished self aggrandizing success by lying and deciet. He reinvented himself to be something he truly was not. He lied man. He lied in what he wrote.
YEverytime you defend it, yes you show you are afraid of being black. You are afraid of the notion that blacks really mattered in shaping your beliefs about God. They weren't just following, they had a hand in setting in motion that which you consider holy and sacred now.
Not all of them were black, that's fine. But Phinehas was, Moses was, Nun was.
<quoted text>
The only way to prove that is to have their specific bodies exhumed from their burial spots... and do scientific tests on their bodies.

However, there is no guarantee where their bodies are. You see?

Scientist can perform tests on all bodies found... but, there is nobody to prove or guarantee whose bodies they are performing tests on.

Location hidden

#24704 May 2, 2013
Clearly you're wrong.

First of all, I speak OF those whites that subscribe to to those racist notions.

Listen again - There is a so-called religion that claims that black people came from a curse. you don't call THAT crap racist, but my stand AGAINST IT?

You call THAT racist?

Are you FUCKING INSANE????
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Mormon Church has Churches and Temples.
You have a problem with white people... and you come in here accusing white people of being racist against black people.
You don't respect God, You don't respect people... You respect skin color that is black.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24705 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
The BoM is a book that disregards Genesis and Smith showed far more disrespect when he tried to rewrite it...
Too too much dude. You come to Dana's rescue by stating Smith showed far more disrespect than Dana's done and that makes Dana a better person?
Let's check this out...
Smith is a Bible read Christian from child to late teen. Smith feels 'inspired' and creates another book to be a witness about Jesus being the saviour to the world and writes a couple other items. But Smith left the Bible as it is and Smith even used the Bible as it is.
Dana chops off Genesis, the one book that Christians and Jews claim explains how we all came to be and why and it's all a myth to Dana. So Dana reduces the old testament by a book and in doing that Dana's new Bible begins with the enslavement of the Israelites to the Egyptians. So wanting to teach his view of Christianity, Dana hands out a new Bible by Dana that begins with Exodus. And doing that is less disrespectful?
lol...you have an odd sense of judgement dude.

Location hidden

#24706 May 2, 2013
Yes it makes dana a better person.

The fraud liar vs a person who has expressed honest belief.

No he is not a Bible read Christian. He was a man who read the Bible, grew up Christian, and participated in fraud throughout his teens. He MAKES UP A STORY about being inspired and you buy into it because you are too dull witted to even care if he's lying.

He creates a book making up lies, condemning a religion, condemning two races of people. He creates a made up story that challenges the witnessed account of 2000 years and leads ONLY Christians away from the word of God, because after all, Mormons are 99% former Christians or children/descendents of already practicing Christians.

So while Dana rejects Genesis for honest reasons, Joseph Smith perverts Genesis and tries to regurgitate it to various people and misleads them.

yes, Dana is lightyears better than Joseph Smith and you and Mormons.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Too too much dude. You come to Dana's rescue by stating Smith showed far more disrespect than Dana's done and that makes Dana a better person?
Let's check this out...
Smith is a Bible read Christian from child to late teen. Smith feels 'inspired' and creates another book to be a witness about Jesus being the saviour to the world and writes a couple other items. But Smith left the Bible as it is and Smith even used the Bible as it is.
Dana chops off Genesis, the one book that Christians and Jews claim explains how we all came to be and why and it's all a myth to Dana. So Dana reduces the old testament by a book and in doing that Dana's new Bible begins with the enslavement of the Israelites to the Egyptians. So wanting to teach his view of Christianity, Dana hands out a new Bible by Dana that begins with Exodus. And doing that is less disrespectful?
lol...you have an odd sense of judgement dude.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24707 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
No science didnt
SCIENCE established that modern humans evolved INSIDE Africa,...But Every group of human has the same capacity to learn, build, do, make, and all the other things that you pointed out.
The fact that some accumulated book knowledge ahead of others is nothing other than the coiencidence of time and cirucmstance.
You do not understand how development of humanity came to be.
You're not understanding the point of my argument by using your theory against you as to how you claim modern humans came to be through Adam and Eve from Africa to the rest of the world.
According to you, Eden is somewhere in Africa. Adam and Eve were set out to the east of Eden because that is where God set the angel to protect it's entrance.
Adam and Eve and Cain and whoever else evolved intelligently in Africa to your thinking. That means agriculture, herding, the building of dwellings, buildings, villages, towns and cities etc and megalithic structures made of stone blocks and caves full of ancient paintings as exist in France, all these things should be being found throughout Africa by now today.
But next to none of those things have been found to be correlated with the beginning of modern humans by the Bible time line or evolutions timeline. Do you understand?
Your theory has correlation problems with actual evidence that doesn't exist that would otherwise lend some credibility to your theory, Understand?

Location hidden

#24708 May 2, 2013
I do understand your point.

What you don't understand is that your point, you are making inconsistently.

Lets review shall we?

You see a religion that teaches religious hate with no scriptural or historical justification. Then you attack my perspective about history which refutes this hate, but in doing so uses scripture and history to utterly turn it on it's head.

And you attack my perspective, but not the hate itself.

IN essence, if I said adam/eve were black, and whites were cursed from Cain, from a religion whose founder takes the story of whites who were enslaved and called inferior as gospel from God.

Is that LESS racist than what I've said?
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not understanding the point of my argument by using your theory against you as to how you claim modern humans came to be through Adam and Eve from Africa to the rest of the world.
According to you, Eden is somewhere in Africa. Adam and Eve were set out to the east of Eden because that is where God set the angel to protect it's entrance.
Adam and Eve and Cain and whoever else evolved intelligently in Africa to your thinking. That means agriculture, herding, the building of dwellings, buildings, villages, towns and cities etc and megalithic structures made of stone blocks and caves full of ancient paintings as exist in France, all these things should be being found throughout Africa by now today.
But next to none of those things have been found to be correlated with the beginning of modern humans by the Bible time line or evolutions timeline. Do you understand?
Your theory has correlation problems with actual evidence that doesn't exist that would otherwise lend some credibility to your theory, Understand?

Location hidden

#24709 May 2, 2013
Yes, thats right. All of those things found in Africa today. Great job!

But you're even smarter than that because you know even IF all those things weren't found in Africa today, you'd know that does not mean anything since all people all over the world are capable of achieving such tasks. That the timeframe is so short that these accomplishments cannot be measured in an "evolutionary" timescale.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#24710 May 2, 2013
Guess what, No Surprise is about to have is black hating racist belief system destroyed by yours truly...

Please... No Suprise... DO CONTINUE...

You were SAYING?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24711 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Nope.
The Bible is not a science book and understanding it is not a matter of your hyper-literalist all or nothing approach. There were no "unicorns" in the Bible for example, that was the KJV mistranslation of "uni-horned", which could have been a rhino. Yet the unicorn... a horse with a horn came out of it.
Yet you stupidly say what you say, and what/ You expect me to believe that unicorns existed?
No, no one is going to follow you down the path of ignorance. Whether it be your misunderstanding of "evolution" or your misunderstanding of translation.
"a MARK"
and "various interpretations of bible stories"...
when do you and your racist asshole perspective actually take responsibility for being wrong?
How is it EVERYTHING you believe in and speak of, somehow ends up defending the racist lie?
How is that uncommon unscientific, unscriptural, and irrationally interpreted excuse somehow kept alive in your postings? Time in and time out?
It's your way. You're biased, you're prejudiced, and you're clearly dishonest.
As far as colors go... I don't need to "prove" how Adam's descendents went from one color to another.
That is your biggest mistake.
You see, you are really trying to say "Prove that they came about some other way, lest I will hold on to the mark of cain on blacks as the way".
So again I can say this: Whatever errors you may find in the Bible, you will NOT find corrected in the Quran nor in the Book of Mormon.
No silly Mormon, I don't have to explain anything... I merely have to debunk your Muslim inspired, Baptist derived mark of cain crap for what it is. White racist lie garbage MADE UP to do nothing but justify oppressing blacks.
God had no hand in it, not through Cain, not through Canaan. And anyone that teaches otherwise, is simply following a 17th century perpetuated lie.
<quoted text>
I'm going to use the very words you used in your post to declare this statement AGAIN. You have a real problem in comprehension.

You Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist *sshole, I never said Cain was marked with a dark/black skin. I never said I believed that.
You Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist *sshole, You have repeatedly claimed I said that and you're a liar.
You Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist asshole, you project your racism so you can accuse others of what you really are.
I said if God wants to change someone's skin colour he has the power to do it whether he's did it or whether he hasn't did it.

Location hidden

#24712 May 2, 2013
Good use my words

You ready?

Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist assholes made up an interpretation long after the Bible was written to justify enslaving black people.

Yes if God could do it he would, but he didn't so what is your point?
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to use the very words you used in your post to declare this statement AGAIN. You have a real problem in comprehension.
You Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist *sshole, I never said Cain was marked with a dark/black skin. I never said I believed that.
You Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist *sshole, You have repeatedly claimed I said that and you're a liar.
You Muslim, Baptist, inspired biased, prejudiced, and clearly dishonest unscientific, unscriptural and irrational interpreter racist asshole, you project your racism so you can accuse others of what you really are.
I said if God wants to change someone's skin colour he has the power to do it whether he's did it or whether he hasn't did it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24713 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Stupid man...
Dana didn't write a "book of garbage" and try to pass it off as an actual 2000 year old writing...
Dana didn't write a "book of Moses" and try to pass it off as a lost document moses was said to write.
Dana didn't try to rewrite the Bible and pass it off as a corrected version that God inspired her to write to fix errors in the current version.
Yea... you feel that burning in your forehead don't you?
Sssssssssssizzle....
<quoted text>
Dana like you have taken from the Bible and you both have recreated God to your specifications. You disbelieve the timeline every old testament writer of the Bible established. Therefore you call each writer a liar. You have interjected your own timeline and that's adding to the Bible. On top of that you declare what power God has and what he can't use it for. Dana has restructured the Bible by dismissing it's entire beginning as a mythical lie.
You and Dana have become followers to what you both accuse Smith of having done. Feel the idiocy and hypocrisy creeping up your spine to tap on your brain to say you are your own fools? You admit to changing the Bible and disbelieving in it and adding to it and it's okay that you two do that but by gosh almighty, according to you and Dana no one else can do it or you two will have a real mental whacktoid issue with them.
Fricking idiot hypocrites.

Location hidden

#24714 May 2, 2013
And Smith took the Bible, called it false, took the Muslim theory of Apostasy, faked translated the Pearl of great price to further pervert Genesis to insert racism...

Oh and along the way made money, had lots of sex, and accumulated power... just the very same thing God warned us false prophets would try to do.

But since you have NO ARGUMENT, you now try to accuse ME of rejecting all the OT prophets and writings because I respect Dana's opinion, even if I do not agree with it.

You are a definite liar!
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana like you have taken from the Bible and you both have recreated God to your specifications. You disbelieve the timeline every old testament writer of the Bible established. Therefore you call each writer a liar. You have interjected your own timeline and that's adding to the Bible. On top of that you declare what power God has and what he can't use it for. Dana has restructured the Bible by dismissing it's entire beginning as a mythical lie.
You and Dana have become followers to what you both accuse Smith of having done. Feel the idiocy and hypocrisy creeping up your spine to tap on your brain to say you are your own fools? You admit to changing the Bible and disbelieving in it and adding to it and it's okay that you two do that but by gosh almighty, according to you and Dana no one else can do it or you two will have a real mental whacktoid issue with them.
Fricking idiot hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nascar 13 hr Messenger 1
the jews are to blame Mon BUD FOX 1
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC Jun '16 ThomasA 4
News Lawmakers to consider 'grand boulevard' entranc... May '16 Cheri 1
News Man arrested, charged with kidnapping woman for... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Tiffany Watson 1
Warren Jeffs is an abuser of the beautiful girls. (Aug '15) Aug '15 Mary Jesus 1
Get out of the order!!!! (Aug '15) Aug '15 PA legal guy 1

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Salt Lake Mortgages