Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 31997 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#24655 May 1, 2013
And as for you, the Bible is not a science book.

Myth is how we perceive the writings that do not match the scientific facts we understand.

You think they were going to actually write 7.5 billion years ago...

their concept of "water" is not H20. Their concept of a single horned animal is not a horse with a horn in the middle of it's head.

The ark was not "one" ship and the flood was not meant to ignore the notion of a meteor hitting the indian ocean 15,000 years ago causing massive tidal waves.
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are trying to change the meaning of the Bible MORON!
YOU just said Genesis was a MYTH.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#24656 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not trying to change the meaning of the Bible to use it as a means to screw anybody we want. So no, we are not like Smith. We are just using the word of God to figure out his message. But one can believe in the Bible and use our own minds at the same time. That isn't a contradiction.
You don't get to dictate the rules.
lol..."I have always stated that Genesis was a myth.."..you pathetic idiot. By believing Genesis is a myth you have alter the entire rest of it's contents because it's all based on Genesis From Adam and Eve to Joseph going into Egypt.
For you the Bible now has no beginning. The genealogies are all incorrect because the genealogies of Genesis are a myth/untrue. You have no evidence of Jesus's blood line. All prophecies of Jesus and his blood line are obsolete to you now. And those prophecies affect other prophecies of Jesus. So you have now set into question by your reasoning that you have no evidence that Jesus was even a saviour.
You have changed the entire Bible's meaning by your dismissal of Genesis AS BEING A MYTH AND UNTRUE.
This is just too good to be true, you're such a fricking hypocrite...and you have fully proved it. And I didn't dictate any rules...I repeat the ones you have set forth that you go by, like you stating Genesis is a myth/lies. A myth is a made up story. That is what we call a lie especially when the myth is passed off by hundreds of Millions on this earth that the myth is true and factual. You've called them all deluded and liars of what you call is a myth.
And now you have nothing for a beginning for God except your own personal myth, JUST LIKE SMITH. This just gets better and better...lol....you keep slicing and dicing the Bible dude...disbeliever....fricking hypocrite...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24657 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept is simple, yes, God created Satan, but Satan rebelled against him.
Now why is that so hard for you to understand?
Now that I know your truth that Genesis is a lie/myth, anything you say of the Bible you claim true that's connected directly or indirectly to Genesis proves you're a liar. You can't prove God created Satan. Everything God created was said in Genesis. So you're a liar that God created Satan because you no longer have evidence.
This is really to understand of you now.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24658 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are an atheist now? Because only a moron debates that a book he thinks is fiction is true, which is certainly what you are doing for the Book of Mormon.
So you have become a God believer by what you accept and reject of the Bible. You have admitted to rejecting Genesis as true. Doing that set's forth no proof for you of the rest of the Bible as being false or true. Are a deist now? Is that what you are? Because only a moron debates a book he thinks is fiction/myth/lie is true which is what you have done with many parts of Genesis over the last three years that I saw in your posts.

Location hidden

#24659 May 1, 2013
Oh dana, be scared he 'got' you by saying that you said Genesis is a myth.
Oh that means everything else doesn't matter. He says you said it five... no TEN times below.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..."I have always stated that Genesis was a MYTH.."..you pathetic idiot. By believing Genesis is a MYTH you have alter the entire rest of it's contents because it's all based on Genesis From Adam and Eve to Joseph going into Egypt.
For you the Bible now has no beginning. The genealogies are all incorrect because the genealogies of Genesis are a MYTH/untrue. You have no evidence of Jesus's blood line. All prophecies of Jesus and his blood line are obsolete to you now. And those prophecies affect other prophecies of Jesus. So you have now set into question by your reasoning that you have no evidence that Jesus was even a saviour.
You have changed the entire Bible's meaning by your dismissal of Genesis AS BEING A MYTH AND UNTRUE.
This is just too good to be true, you're such a fricking hypocrite...and you have fully proved it. And I didn't dictate any rules...I repeat the ones you have set forth that you go by, like you stating Genesis is a MYTH/lies. A MYTH is a made up story. That is what we call a lie especially when the MYTH is passed off by hundreds of Millions on this earth that the MYTH is true and factual. You've called them all deluded and liars of what you call is a MYTH.
And now you have nothing for a beginning for God except your own personal myth, JUST LIKE SMITH. This just gets better and better...lol....you keep slicing and dicing the Bible dude...disbeliever....fricking hypocrite...

Location hidden

#24660 May 1, 2013
11 times
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I know your truth that Genesis is a lie/myth, anything you say of the Bible you claim true that's connected directly or indirectly to Genesis proves you're a liar. You can't prove God created Satan. Everything God created was said in Genesis. So you're a liar that God created Satan because you no longer have evidence.
This is really to understand of you now.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24661 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis is only one book of the Bible. I believe the Book of Mormon is fiction from the first page to the last page. As well as the PoGP.
Umm, as any scholar of the Bible would inform you, the entire Bible is based on Genesis. Take away Genesis and you take away the foundation of the Bible.
You have set the beginning of Bible time with the Israelites being slaves to the Egyptians because as you said, Genesis is a myth/lie/fable/untrue/hearsay/ not credible to be believed.
Your disregard for the Bible matches your disregard for the BOM. They mean what you believe them to mean or not to mean.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24662 May 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't change it to screw other men's wives. Get some reading comprehension, Carol.
lol...you have changed the Bible to screw with people's minds. Your Bible begins with Exodus. There is no Genesis in your Bible. If you were to take a box of your Bible to people that never knew the Bible, you would be giving them your perverted, distorted and lying version because you changed it to suit your needs as you claim Smith did.
You claim he changed the Bible to screw wives and you're out mentally *uc*ing peoples minds by giving them your perverted dissected version of the Bible that excludes Genesis.
When you preach your doctrine of the Bible, do you inform the person you're talking to you have no belief in Genesis? Or do you keep that little bit of news to yourself and deceive them into thinking you believe in the entire Bible as you have deceived people about for over three years here?
Fricking hypocritical deceitful liar....I am really surprised this time!

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24663 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
You have
no evidence that humans evolved into what we are outside of Africa.
I don't. Science has established how modern humans evolved outside of Africa. Science has declared that by what they have found in the earth regarding modern human settlements.
So don't believe science if that's your wish.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24664 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
I think the first humans, being black, in Africa were the ancestors of all humans. I also believe that when Moses (with his black Egyptian wife) and Joshua, and Aaron and Aaron’s grandson (who is called Panehesi, the Nubian) wrote about the history of man, they understood, BECAUSE it’s a scientific fact, that the first humans came from Africa.
That’s the point you ignorant idiotic fool self can’t get.
You either believe what the Bible teaches or you reject it. To do both is being a simplified hypocrite.
The Bible states the world, not a part of the world was flooded. So even if evidence doesn't exist, you either believe it in faith or you reject it as a myth and a lie as Dana does.
The Bible states from the flood to Jesus is about 1600 years. We know what skin colours/races/ethnic backgrounds existed 2000 years ago.
So let me explain this to you to help you understand the implications of your logic and the logic of others that is parallel to yours.
It doesn't matter what colour is claimed Adam and Eve were for those that believe by faith in what the Bible teaches.
It doesn't matter because according to those that believe in one colour and no mark of any other colour happened to help produce all other colours, a single colour would have than existed from Adam and Eve to Noah and his wife. Since other colours do exist, you have to show evidence of how all of humanity went from a single colour to several different colours in a 1600 year period to make a claim of what you say a single colour is correct from the beginning with no mark of another colour.
So begin Adam and Eve as black, as red, as yellow, as brown, as white, as tan or purple or any other colour. But after claiming that and being a faithful believe in the Bible, it is up to you to show how all the other colours came to be in just 1600 Bible years. It's your statement humans were a single colour for the first 2400 Bible years from Adam to the flood. As a Bible believer prove it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24665 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
Smith has the credibility of Muhammad!
Again, if you think Genesis is a myth, you can at least respect the fact that they truly DID write from what they truly knew when they truly wrote it thousands of years ago.
This is a perfect instance of you not reading what was posted or reading what I posted to.
DANA, your bud Dana BELIEVES GENESIS IS A MYTH, A LIE, NOT TRUE, A WORK OF DELUDED THINKING. DANA STATED he believes Genesis is a myth.
Fricking read what was written please?????????

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24666 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
I like how he said "your trinity concept teaches"
Then he literally quotes John 1:3... i mean basically word for word
then he goes back and says "that's YOUR concept".
This clown "no surprise" is a piece of work
<quoted text>
Dana believes in the trinity concept postulated by the early church in Rome fathers.
That trinity concept of God has so many problems that it can't be explained so problems are explained a 'mystery' and the unwritten policy is don't ask questions where there are no answers.
There is a single being called God in the trinity. It created everything, that would include good and evil. Get it? Evil didn't come from some no nothing place. No other god or person invented and breathed life into evil. God brought evil to us as God brought good to us, that is the trinity reasoning because God created everything. That's Dana's trinity concept, a God of good and evil and he doesn't realize it.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24667 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
Evil is a relative term.
God dictates what is good and what is evil, so the concept of evil itself is bound by God's law. This is why Satan is under God's control because ultimately GODS PROVIDENCE.
Our FREEDOM to choose is what perpetuates the evil, because without freedom there would be no need for law, and without law there would be no understanding of good and evil.
Oh wait this is "my" concept, even though I'm basically quoting Romans chapter 7... but this is "my" concept.
That is your opinion, I agree. Though I understand your point, evil isn't a relative term. God has stated nothing evil exists in "God's heaven". Only good exists in
heaven. So good isn't relative as it exclude evil as an opposite. That gives it definition.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24668 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
God, why can't your loser butt take this crap to another thread.
No one CARES
<quoted text>
hahaha....

you go to another thread if you don't like hearing the truth.

Color doesn't matter.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#24669 May 1, 2013
dana...

The only way to have the TRUTH and I mean the FULL TRUTH is to go back to the ORIGINAL BIBLE...

it had the fullness...

However, it is not possible,
because the Church of ROME took it away.

Once the FULLNESS of the Gospel (THE ORIGINAL) was broken up and taken away from and added to and modified it became NOT the ORIGINAL.

... now you are trying to take Genesis away.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#24670 May 1, 2013
osirica wrote:
Oh dana, be scared he 'got' you by saying that you said Genesis is a myth.
Oh that means everything else doesn't matter. He says you said it five... no TEN times below.
<quoted text>
If a person claims to believe in the Bible for three years, has posts stating that for three years, has posts where they have debated the truth of Genesis with those in disbelief, when a person announces after all that time Genesis is a myth, that they believe God began his chosen people being slaves to Egyptians, that person as Dana has proved they have left a lot out of how they actually believe.
Even Jesus referenced Genesis and so did other NT authors. So for Dana Jesus and those writers are false bearers and deluded to reference Genesis because he's decided it's a myth. And Jesus referenced a part of Genesis as being not a myth that Dana calls a myth. A myth is essentially a fabricated lie. So Jesus lied according to Dana and Dana takes Jesus as a savior.
So go figure that mess.
Bill

Bethlehem, PA

#24671 May 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Dana believes in the trinity concept postulated by the early church in Rome fathers.
That trinity concept of God has so many problems that it can't be explained so problems are explained a 'mystery' and the unwritten policy is don't ask questions where there are no answers.
There is a single being called God in the trinity. It created everything, that would include good and evil. Get it? Evil didn't come from some no nothing place. No other god or person invented and breathed life into evil. God brought evil to us as God brought good to us, that is the trinity reasoning because God created everything. That's Dana's trinity concept, a God of good and evil and he doesn't realize it.
Who told you that?

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#24672 May 1, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you in denial of? Did we hit a nerve?
Your trinity concept teaches ALL THINGS (not some things, not many things,) ALL THINGS originated with God. Nothing exists THAT DIDN'T COME FROM GOD. That is your trinity concept. Understand the implications of your trinity concept?
God created everything INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL. That's your trinity teaching. God created everything INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL.
No other God existed to create evil. Only God created everything that came to exist INCLUDING GOOD AND EVIL.
God created good according to your trinity belief because God was the ONLY God to create all that existed.
God created evil according to your trinity belief because God was the ONLY God to create all that existed.
So the God you believe in, the God represented by the definition of the trinity that you believe in and support, You God is full of good and evil.
You're God predisposed good and evil to be experienced by all. Any other questions?
I explained it in easy to understand terms. Your inability to understand it is your problem, yet again.

Marysville, CA

#24673 May 2, 2013
osirica wrote:
Deleted some to make room to respond

That’s the point you ignorant idiotic fool self can’t get. You seem to think that scientific historical proof is always going to be irrelevant to what they observed and knew back then. They knew the universe started with a flash of light. This was the revelation from God. They also knew, that the first humans were from Africa.
Now you fake fraud, what I believe and can prove, and what your stupid religion tries to teach despite proof to the contrary is apples and oranges. You try to lump your disdain for my view of things black, while in the SAME SENTENCE you try to throw in “no skin mark given to anyone by God”.
Yes you ASS, a MARK can be given by God. But the BIBLE SAYS MARK, as in A MARK.
CAN YOU READ? You call me racist this and racist that, but YOU ARE SO RACIST.. EVEN IN YOUR OWN POINT, YOU CAN’T SEE HOW PREJUDICED YOU ARE.
A MARK IS A MARK, NOT “MY WHOLE SKIN CHANGED FROM ONE RACIAL TYPE TO ANOTHER”. And no the Hebrew writer of Genesis didn’t think an “OWTH” had anything to do with the Kushite racial origins.
So when you say “I or david think that black noah and black this and black that…” what is your fucking malfunction? You think it’s reasonable to think they WERENT black doing all this? But it’s so damned offensive to you if its viewed as blacks doing it?
They HAD to be SOME color you stupid mormon. You say the theory is flawed but it’s proven in science or with the Bible. So whatever the case 1600 years before Christ, ALL colors were present by then so ANY COLOR YOU CHOOSE will have the same “flaws”.
So THINK for a moment. NO way you can conclude the timeline would work for a WHITE or lightskinned ancestor, because BLACK DESCENDENTS cannot come from that.
No WAY you can conclude the mark of Cain had anything to do with changing him and his descendents from white to black, because the Bible has NOTHING implying that.
So the Bible shows no specifics on skin color but also the Bible’s recording of all history from Abraham on back is so clearly not literal year for year, you can’t even begin to make an argument.
But you try, and what you are trying is to 1. Debunk my point in order to 2. Reserve your Mormon racist claim by 3. Making the short timeline fit as to give your racist curse some popular consideration (again).
An OATH doesn’t turn into “im going to make all your descendents dark skinned”… besides twit the curse was on the land, and black people have always been able to cultivate crops.
God! Stupid PEOPLE!
<quoted text>
Exactly! A mark is more than likely to mean something like a birth mark or tattoo at best, but no Surprise won't listen, because the Mormon church has said otherwise. His ability to think and comprehend is limited to only twisting the truth in a manner that only supports LDS teachings.

The New Testament church was a church that deny no one based on race, which I also showed him with the verse:

Acts 10:28
And he said to them,“You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

Which is the reason God removed all dietary laws from the Christians. God wanted the Gospel to go to every nation. Any church saying any different, Mormon or not, was wrong. It is one of the prime examples that Smith set up a faith based on racism that we know he was a false prophet. That, and his many sexual perversions.

Marysville, CA

#24674 May 2, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe Genesis is a myth, you no longer have any room or reason to speak against Smith. You are taking away from the Bible by declaring something most Christians have believed took place, You have now admitted it's a myth and a myth contains no truth.
Since when? Am I also not a Christian because I don't believe the parables of Jesus wasn't true? Myths have been the means on which many cultures have taught truthful life lessons. Just as the parables of Jesus did. Myths contain no truths, but fiction does? You're such a child. LOL!!!
You admitted.. "I have always stated that Genesis was a myth.." That means what others call true and real of God, you call deceit and lies of humans. That in turns means you have no basis to judge what part of the Bible is inspired of God and what isn't except, for your opinion.
You have admitted to shortening the OT to 36 books from 37 books.
So I'm curious now. What other "inspired" books of the OT and NT to you are just myths and not actual scripture?
How fricking Smith of you to admit what a total hypocrite you are. And such a deceitful liar. Never in a past post of yours have I ever read where you stated Genesis was a book of myths and fancy made up lies. You stated you believed in the Bible so many times in the past. You said that every time with full deception and a lie.
You don't believe in the Bible. You believe of the Bible according to what you claim is a myth/lie and what isn't, just as you have accused Smith of doing dozens of times. You hypocritical fricking pathetic deceitful liar.
Well, I can't help it if your memory is bad, I know I have made that statement before. It's nice to see you admitting that Smith is a fraud by using him as an example of what you are claiming I'm doing. That does show progress on your part, though you still think it's perfectly fine he screwed anything on 2 feet.

God gave me a brain. If I differ with what other people think, that would be God's fault for letting me reason. But if he hadn't, I wouldn't be made in his image. We are to worship him in Spirit and truth. His commandment, not mine.

Orsis did an excellent job of explaining my position. But the days where I worried about what other people think have long disappeared
As usual, nice job dude.
It's funny when you throw hissy fits, because your logic has failed you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 1 hr Paris 19
ancestry findagrave MICHELLE 46983123 Aug 19 KATRINA SMITH 3
Review: Pinky's (Apr '13) Aug 18 Greg 7
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Aug 16 chance lo co 18
News Gary Johnson tries to qualify for Hofstra presi... Aug 14 OccupyThis 3
Vote for Hillary Aug 12 martin 3
why mormon missionaries have sex with married w... (Jun '12) Aug 12 martin 16

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance