Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 31,993

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#23237 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody who has a D&C has been given it. It has been revealed to them. The stupidity and ignorance is yours.
There are days it amazes me you can tie your own shoes with what you write.
Since you suffer brain farts that prevent you from remembering how to do research on the internet, pretend this writing is a towel for you to wipe the crap from your brain so you can digest the information intelligently for a moment okay?
"The history of polygamy begins in ancient times and is recorded in the Bible. Some of the men who practiced plural marriage then were sinning because they had not specifically been commanded by God to do so. Joseph Smith stated:“I have constantly said no man shall have but one wife at a time, unless the Lord directs otherwise”(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 324)."
Now please read again s-l-o-w-l-y....
Joseph Smith stated:“I have constantly said no man shall have but one wife at a time, unless the Lord directs otherwise”(UNLESS THE LORD DIRECTS OTHERWISE)(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 324)."

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23238 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see a "do it and shut up" statement. I see more of "it's your choice" statement.
But you are famous for seeing things that are not even there, like teachings for eternal marriage. LOL!!!!
lol...that's because as with Monson's statement, there wasn't a "do it and shut up" statement as you made a lie about. I just did as you did and you find me wrong? How fricking hypocritical of you as is normal...lol.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23239 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice.
It was describing your mentality.

"..and one (Dana) cannot accept Jesus as Lord without obeying Him."

And that was nice of him to be indirectly speaking of you :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23240 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now ask me if I care.
You don't care what Grant said? Liar. You stated in a previous post you were going to try and contact him by phone and in the following post you stated..."Well, I'll look into it anyway, if you don't mind." Yet you stated you didn't care what Grant said when you replied..."Now ask me if I care."
Liar. If you didn't care what he said you wouldn't try to contact him or look into what he said. Liar.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23241 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim the Old Testament was all there yet when he made his statement. I showing hit was by the fact he quoted from many of the books. You are thicker today than usual, pitiful.
Your entire post is baseless. Know why? Because I never stated "..the old testament was all there..." Give it another try by what I actually said eh? Can you do that? Huh?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23242 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was posting like you do. How does your medicine taste?
lolol....No you weren't. If you posted like me at all, you wouldn't lie as much as you do and when you say something that's wrong, you'd admit it. And you lie consistently and you next to never admit when you're wrong, you'd rather continue being wrong than be honest about being wrong.
Next, I was asking for a list of prophets accepted by Christians since the death of Christ, not prior to Christ. See, you fail to understand their were no Christians prior to Jesus to accept any prophets so you were wrong in your response twice.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23243 Apr 9, 2013
Cfoote wrote:
To a Mormon this story is history, but to historians it is simply a fiction, concocted by Joseph Smith within his "Book of Mormon." The complete lack of any objective archaeological or historical proof to support such a story is explained away by Mormon apologists to the faithful.
The Bible to Christians is history, but it's a book of fiction to historians and scientists because it's central theme is about an invisible god that created everything from nothing.
According to historians and scientists, real people in real time eras existing in real geographical areas at different times wrote a little here and there about an invisible god. But the book is still fiction to them.
Archaeology and history may prove to invisible god believers the Bible is true and factual, but to historians and scientists, archaeology and history have never proved an invisible god as being true. So the Bible remains a book of fiction. What now?
By the way, check out these links...
http://www.sitchin.com/elephant.htm
http://usahitman.com/tacosop/
They show modern elephant likenesses that Smith claim existed on the Americas some 1800 years ago.
Also, Smith claimed there was continental travel a couple thousand years ago. Seems he got that right too. This link might interest you...
http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/ethnic/m...

American Drugs in Egyptian Mummies

S. A. Wells
www.colostate.edu

Abstract:

The recent findings of cocaine, nicotine, and hashish in Egyptian mummies by Balabanova et. al. have been criticized on grounds that: contamination of the mummies may have occurred, improper techniques may have been used, chemical decomposition may have produced the compounds in question, recent mummies of drug users were mistakenly evaluated, that no similar cases are known of such compounds in long-dead bodies, and especially that pre-Columbian transoceanic voyages are highly speculative. These criticisms are each discussed in turn. Balabanova et. al. are shown to have used and confirmed their findings with accepted methods. The possibility of the compounds being byproducts of decomposition is shown to be without precedent and highly unlikely. The possibility that the researchers made evaluations from faked mummies of recent drug users is shown to be highly unlikely in almost all cases. Several additional cases of identified American drugs in mummies are discussed. Additionally, it is shown that significant evidence exists for contact with the Americas in pre-Columbian times. It is determined that the original findings are supported by substantial evidence despite the initial criticisms.[Please refer also to <Edlin>]

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#23244 Apr 9, 2013
Cfoote wrote:
I would have thought like the Bible the Book of Mormon would be an inspired work of God.. Unforntunately it isn't. It is a book of fiction made up by a convict (yes Joseph was arrested in Palmyra, and in South Bainbridge) he was no more than a con artist) This was 4 years before he concocted the Book of Mormon. Court documents prove he was a convicted criminal.
So who am I to believe, a convict or the Most High God?
I'm going to say God on this one
lol...you're really going out on a slender branch to call Smith a convict aren't you? Do you even know what his punishment was in that case? Did you know that the person that hired him didn't initiate charges against him? Did you know that the son's who were waiting on their dad's death as he was old, a death that would give them a sizable inheritance, they didn't like that their dad was spending their inheritance digging for treasure so they brought charges against Smith to get their dad to quit spending their soon to be money? Did you know that? I bet you didn't know that Smith never made any real money from his money digging, never made him rich. He thought he could find treasure and silver and gold on people's property. People thought he could find these things. I don't even know if he found anything. Strange that a person who people today claim would never find anything was believed by so many to have power to find those things, know what I mean?
Next, that Bible you believe in, the men God used to put it together, they were also murderers and torturers and only God knows what else they were. They literally murdered by burning at the stake and torture and death by imprisonment/starvation anyone that opposed what they taught concerning Jesus. Those men were anti-marriage for the first 20 popes. Clergy were told/warned not to marry and most didn't.
So the next time you want to criticize, check your own backyard first. Like the apostles God choose, one a self professed murderer, one would lie he knew God and the same would try and kill a man arresting God, another would be a money lover and very critical of how the females adored God and would sell him out for a sack of the almighty dollar. The rest would prove to be doubters of the very gospel principles God taught them before his death.
By the way, you already believe in a book authored by doubters and liars and traitors and a murderer. And you find room to complain about Smith? Why am I not surprised at your hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#23245 Apr 9, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...that's because as with Monson's statement, there wasn't a "do it and shut up" statement as you made a lie about. I just did as you did and you find me wrong? How fricking hypocritical of you as is normal...lol.
Monsons statement...tithing IS obedience and don't start fires. There wasn't anything else.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#23246 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what you said: "Lehi was an educated man who wrote Hebrew language in Egyptian Hieroglyphs..."
how did the hieroglyphs get in guatamala area if not by nephi?

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23247 Apr 9, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the evidence.
You have that wrong... I'm not the evidence, but I have read and seen that the evidence exists.

I don't have to depend on people to write opinions like you do.. then like you go copy and paste their opinions and say oh, oh, that's evidence.

:)

Location hidden

#23248 Apr 9, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
how did the hieroglyphs get in guatamala area if not by nephi?
How did JS convince little girls to fcuk him? Are you seriously that gullible? No wonder Mormon on Mormon scams are so popular.

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#23249 Apr 10, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>How did JS convince little girls to fcuk him? Are you seriously that gullible? No wonder Mormon on Mormon scams are so popular.
How does hieroglyphs in Guatamala have anything to do with genitals?

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#23250 Apr 10, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
My uncle was a Mormon for years. Before he left the church, he wouldn't answer even one of the more pointed questions posed to him at the time. Now that he has left the church, he has told us all about it. Let me tell you something about my uncle - never a more honest man has walked the face of the earth unless it was Christ Himself - the real one and not the made-up Mormon Jesus either. The things that are done in the temple and in the name of Jesus are ATROCITIES and that IS putting it nicely.
They will have plenty to answer for on Judgement Day. Distorting the Word of God to suit themselves and their own personal ambitions? Not to mention leading others astray? Well, you know what the Bible (the real one - not the made-up Mormom bible either) says about those folks, right? It would be better for them if they tied a millstone around their necks and threw themselves into the sea.
I think you’ve done a lot to make people think about what they’re doing because it‘s a first-hand account.
It’s all about getting people to think about where they’re putting their faith and loyalty -- either to a man who was a real criminal and the lies promoted by liars, or to the one Savior, and God’s plan for His people.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#23251 Apr 10, 2013
Livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge much??? The questions were hypothetical and largely based on my interactions and observations of "so-called" Christians living in the community in which I live and work. In a nutshell, you're not only judgmental, but clueless, and naive.
You asked questions, but when you got answers you obviously didn't like, YOU became judgmental. At least have the guts to admit the truth.

West Plains, MO

#23252 Apr 10, 2013
Protester wrote:
<quoted text>You asked questions, but when you got answers you obviously didn't like, YOU became judgmental. At least have the guts to admit the truth.
You're right that I asked "you" questions. However, you assumed that I was asking those questions in regard to myself, then made judgements about me, while making anti- LDS comments. That's not me being judgmental. That's fact..

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#23253 Apr 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What should amaze you is for 30 years as a Mormon you never paid attention in Sunday school or priesthood meetings to hear the teacher on occasion state polygamy wasn't a law given to every elder under Smith and Young. And now that you have stated an out right pathetic lie that polygamy was given as a law for every elder to obey which it wasn't, now you don't have the decent honesty to admit you were wrong. So now you'd rather continue with your lie and maintain the status as a liar which you don't seem to mind being.
Being honest isn't hard. But maintaining the stupid pathetic ignorant lie you're maintaining because you can't be honest, that's true proven stupidity and ignorance. But you keep at what you do best, being dishonest in the face of historical facts.
It isn't a lie when it is published in every D&C in the world. The D&C is a book of "revelations". Therefore, every member who has a copy of the D&C has had 132 "revealed" to them. That is the purpose of "revelations", to "reveal". Crapping your pants isn't going to change that. Name calling like a 5th grader isn't change that. Throwing hissy fits isn't going to change that.

rev·e·la·tion (rv-lshn)
n.
a. The act of revealing or disclosing.
b. Something revealed, especially a dramatic disclosure of something not previously known or realized.

The only one who has a problem with being honest, is you.

Marysville, CA

#23254 Apr 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you suffer brain farts that prevent you from remembering how to do research on the internet, pretend this writing is a towel for you to wipe the crap from your brain so you can digest the information intelligently for a moment okay?
"The history of polygamy begins in ancient times and is recorded in the Bible. Some of the men who practiced plural marriage then were sinning because they had not specifically been commanded by God to do so. Joseph Smith stated:“I have constantly said no man shall have but one wife at a time, unless the Lord directs otherwise”(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 324)."
Now please read again s-l-o-w-l-y....
Joseph Smith stated:“I have constantly said no man shall have but one wife at a time, unless the Lord directs otherwise”(UNLESS THE LORD DIRECTS OTHERWISE)(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, page 324)."
According to Smith, apparently the "Lord" did. Hence D&C 132. DUH!

Marysville, CA

#23255 Apr 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It was describing your mentality.
"..and one (Dana) cannot accept Jesus as Lord without obeying Him."
And that was nice of him to be indirectly speaking of you :)
You're boring me again.

Marysville, CA

#23256 Apr 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't care what Grant said? Liar. You stated in a previous post you were going to try and contact him by phone and in the following post you stated..."Well, I'll look into it anyway, if you don't mind." Yet you stated you didn't care what Grant said when you replied..."Now ask me if I care."
Liar. If you didn't care what he said you wouldn't try to contact him or look into what he said. Liar.
No, I don't care if you "don't even find it really interesting. Amusing maybe."

Try to keep up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 4 min NoMo 28,317
Mormon leaders call for laws protecting some ga... 18 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 8
looking for friends who are not mormons Thu deathmetalfan01092 1
would anyone like to talk?? Thu bloodyhell01092 1
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Wed ali 23
Romney says climate change presents a big chall... Jan 25 Swedenforever 7
Romney Says Climate Change Presents a Big Chall... Jan 22 BarbaraMora 1
South Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:16 am PST

NBC Sports 3:16AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton