Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32099 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#21338 Mar 7, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
Just in case anyone one here would like a few more reasons to believe that God would call a prophet in our time check out:
http://speeches.byu.edu/...
In this speech Hugh B Brown establishes:
1. It was standard procedure in Bible times for God to talk to man
Only in the Old Testament. No one in the New Testament was called "Prophet" Apostle was considered a higher calling then Prophet because they actually knew Jesus. This is demonstrated by a verse that Mormons like to use to justify having a prophet:
1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

Notice the first are the Apostles. That is not how Mormonism has it set up. Prophets were not standard procedure in the New Testament.
2. God has no reason to stop talking to man
3. God continues to talk to man
And he does that still to us directly through the Holy Ghost. During the time of the prophets Gods children did not have that gift given to them. If you have Gods word through the Bible, and God dwelling within you, why would anyone need a prophet?
4. The characteristics that should distinguish a man who claims to be a prophet
5. Joseph Smith qualifies as a prophet of God
Here we disagree completely. Smith's life is a life full of lies, deceptions and perversions. Those are not characteristics of a prophet. Add to that the message he gave us is not in agreement with the word of God that we have and know. He denied the grace of Jesus Christ and set up a system of belief with salvation based on your righteousness and works. You judge a tree by the fruit it bears.

Marysville, CA

#21339 Mar 7, 2013
Google DIFFUSIONISM wrote:
It might be Thor's site or maybe some student of him but here's a site describing a LOT of Egyptian
and central American
civilizational traits.
I don't think Thor or his professional associates are/were Mormons.
http://www.whiteindians.com/diffusionism.html
An outtake on this kind of work: quoted from the site so one gets an idea what they're talking about,
"...These same early white indigenous tribes were also described by another native American woman named Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins in her 1883 book titled "Life Among The Piutes; Their Wrongs and Claims," who said that her tribe wiped out an entire tribe of 2600 reddish-haired people who lived along the Humboldt River, and this war lasted 3 years, finally trapping the last of them in a cave and burning them out with a large fire.
From your link:
"The history of Lixus has vanished into the dawn of history. The Romans called it 'The eternal City' and said it was the burial place of Herakles. It was built by unknown sun-worshippers who oriented the gigantic megalithic walls according to the sun. Its oldest known name, in fact, is 'Sun City'. Whoever founded and built Lixus, it is clear that astronomers, masons, scribes, and expert potters were among them."

They were not Jews. And Jews did not built pyramids.

Marysville, CA

#21340 Mar 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know what you meant. But I remember what you said over and over, that Jews never sailed to this continent at any time. Obviously meaning prior to the English coming here of course. So your statement actually covered the time period from the late 1600's going back.
The scientists date this DNA to the 14th century when Columbus and a few came over to explore. You also said that Jewish DNA was never found in American Indians.
So you're still wrong on both counts. And you're missing the bigger picture. So let me enlighten you.
For 600 years Jewish DNA has been floating in the bodies of American indigenous Indians from South America to North America.
For the last two decades of DNA research done on American natives what has science claimed? NO TRACE OF JEWISH DNA ANCESTRY. NOT EVEN A SINGLE SOLITARY MARKER.
What does that mean of all the scientific DNA research that was done exclusively on American natives? It means they missed a lot of American natives when testing. It means when they stated there were no Jewish DNA markers among all they tested, Jewish DNA markers actually existed.
Know what that means? Hmm? Oh you know I'm going to be writing this with a *hit eating grin..lol..a marker for Jewish DNA going back just 1400 years could be out there in some one's DNA. Oh how at times I just love science :)
Well, you just let us know when you find some. But I won't be holding my breath.
CRAWFISH DANA

Live Oak, CA

#21341 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, please show us one place in the Old Testament God commands the Israelite nation to practice polygamy.

I'll wait.
-----

I've SHOWN the readers you're a Satanic,

lying sociopath, LYING:

because you CAN.

You: LIE: and say: "The Lord never commanded polygamy."

Denying THIRTY FIVE HUNDRED YEARS' LEVIRATE MARRIAGE
commanded by

GOD

unto the ENTIRE NATION Israel.

----------

Adult men in Israel, under the law of Moses, were commanded to

marry, with some exceptions: civic/military/religious duty, etc.

Therefore the law commanding marriage to wife of a dead brother,

meant polygamy MUST occur:

as it did on a REGULAR basis, being a COMMANDMENT.

Elders were commanded: by GOD: to try to talk men into it: and punish a man who won't.

Deuteronomy 25:

"25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger:
her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

25:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

25:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife,
then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say,
"My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."

25:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

25:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot,

***and spit in his face***,

and shall answer and say,

***"So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house."***

25:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
==========

The LAW COMMANDS.

The law commands the Elders to TALK to MEN about why they won't obey

The law commands the punishment be ***THE WOMAN SPIT in HIS FACE***

***The law commands from THEN ON he be known as one who WOULDN'T OBEY

the COMMANDMENT***

Satanically possessed,

heterosexuality hating,

pathological liars, like Dana Robertson, who love that "little boy on lap action", and

will of course try yet to claim it isn't in the Bible.

As we see it clearly is.

=====

Pretending you believe I'm a woman

Pretending you believe I'm from your church

doesn't mean you

haven't been caught:

lying pathologically,

BECAUSE you CAN:

you ignorant Satanic hick.

Another round of LOLs!! with exclamation points, don't mean

YOU'RE
not
CAUGHT.

You MAKE YOUR LIVING seeming SINCERE.

That's WHAT you DO.

http://tinyurl.com/DanaDoesItForMoney

You're STILL CAUGHT

a LYING SOCIOPATH,

LYING

BECAUSE you CAN.
CRAWFISH DANA

Live Oak, CA

#21342 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link:
"The history of Lixus has vanished into the dawn of history. The Romans called it 'The eternal City' and said it was the burial place of Herakles. It was built by unknown sun-worshippers who oriented the gigantic megalithic walls according to the sun. Its oldest known name, in fact, is 'Sun City'. Whoever founded and built Lixus, it is clear that astronomers, masons, scribes, and expert potters were among them."
They were not Jews. And Jews did not built pyramids.
You stupid maggot-droppings-for-brains HICK:
that site is about EGYPTIAN influence.

-----
This is how you treat people who approach YOU on your "Christianity" site: or HOWEVER you meet people -

-----
Post #20933
"...And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at 2751 Reche Canyon Rd Space #181, Colton, CA

I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
priddydizzy: Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap. Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector. All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it."

------
"I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon"
"All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers."
------
Not all of em you stupid hillbilly. All the ones BEFORE her letter and AFTER it are YOURS.
-----

[QUOTE who=Dana Robertson] wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know I haven't called if you aren't Carol? BUSTED!!! I never said I was calling you, bitch. Though it sure sounds like you wish I would. Keep dreaming slut.[/QUOTE]

-----

Wrong algebraic sign for YOUR foul-up, HICK.

If there's any suspicion, you could have called,

and ME NOT KNOW, it's PROOF

*YOU*

*WENT*

**INTO A PSYCHOPATHIC**

**BASELESS**

**LYING**

**RAGE** and

*PRINTED out ONE of YOUR PERSONAL CONTACTS'

HOME ADDRESS,

the fact she's an OLD WOMAN,

*ONLINE.*

TO TRY to INTIMIDATE PEOPLE for POSTING

***YOUR ONLINE STORE ADDRESS***

**THAT Y.O.U. HAVE P.U.B.L.I.S.H.E.D. for **BUSINESS PURPOSES**

A.L.L.
A.L.O.N.G.

* FROM YOUR RELIGIOUS FELLOWSHIP CONTACTS DATABASE.*

You

PICKED A NAME
of ONE OF YOUR PERSONAL CONTACTS,

*out* of the *AIR*

because SOMEONE was NAMED

"CARE ENOUGH TO GOOGLE IT"

*YOU*

*DECLARED it to be *ONE OF YOUR FELLOW EX MORMONS*

and PROCEEDED

to

PUBLISH EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

YOU COULD.

*YOU BASELESSLY CALLED HER*

a CHILD MOLESTER: a WHORE.

=====
Y.O.U.R. contact
=====
for Y.O.U.R.
=====
O.N.L.I.N.E.
=====
R.E.L.I.G.I.O.U.S.
=====
B.L.O.G.

Lying:

Saying

YOU

busted *A.N.Y.O.N.E.*

by ADMITTING there's a chance I won't know, if YOU called HER:

* B U S T S Y O U *

- not me -

* FALSELY OUTING one of *YOUR* CONTACTS from

*your*

*RELIGIOUS BLOG*

in a FIT of PSYCHOPATHIC RAGE you couldn't WIN a RELIGIOUS

ARGUMENT.

There's PLENTY of evidence right here on these pages of you going

EXACTLY that.

YOU outed the PERSONAL INFORMATION of ONE of YOUR FELLOW EX-MORMONS.

in an INSANE PSYCHOPATHIC RAGE, that YOU CAN'T WIN a RELIGION ARGUMENT on the INTERNET.

Don't try to pretend YOU DIDN'T DO THAT...

because someone

YOU DON'T KNOW
on the INTERNET
named themselves

"CARE ENOUGH"
"TO GOOGLE IT."
CRAWFISH DANA

Live Oak, CA

#21343 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You judge a tree by the fruit it bears.
Yes we do and your churches ordain cross dressing child molesting trannies,

started World War 1,
started World War 2,
dragged Europe through the INQUISITION,
enslaved everything that LOOKED like it was African for 600 years,

and now deny the Angels and PROPHETS John the Apostle saw in the last days, are ever going to come.

And you deny you owe God tithing while you use HIS name to make money.

Oh and also THIS is how YOU treat who you believe to be 65 year old ladies YOU SHARE RELIGIOUS FELLOWSHIP with:

" And just for the record, since the whore wants to be so public. Carol Sutton is a Trailer Park trash whore that lives at ..."

-----
and you posted someone's address who left the Mormon church at TEN years old whom you claim you think is now 65

-----

"I know this because she pretend to be a ex-mormon in a letter she wrote to me:

Oct 7, 12
Dear Dana Robertson
Imagine my shock & horror to discover I am descended from Don Carlos Smith, and ALL the murders! I am proud his wife was Ca's poet laurette (I love to write) and would love to visit her statue & HAVE Her POEMS!
I WILL NO LONGER vote for Romney! Both are Islam-Mosem-Gay supporters!
I would like your help and advice! I DID Keep mormon belief in SELF PRESERVATION (tho never really served the mormons, saved at 10 yrs old). We are determined our family will LIVE awhile!(despite what IS SURELY COMING!)
priddydizzy: Hoping for encoureagement and counsel. SO CONFUSED!
In Jesus Christ,
Carol Sutton.

As you can see, she is a lunatic, and nutjob. And certainly a lying piece of crap.

Oh, Carol, thanks for the Mark Twain stamp, I am a stamp collector.

All the spelling mistakes in the letters was hers. I copied it exactly as she wrote it.
CRAWFISH DANA

Live Oak, CA

#21344 Mar 7, 2013
That's how you treat people you think are YOUR FRIEND

Or else there's no such person.

Or else she really is one of your customers and you're hoping nobody contacts that woman and tells her how you're acting toward people you meet in your RELIGIOUS fellowship.

By the fruits you show, INDEED.

CRAWFISH DANA

Live Oak, CA

#21345 Mar 7, 2013
I feel bad for accidentally copy-pasting those peoples' address myself, I thought I remembered to take it out; I accidentally erased ANOTHER part of it and had to type it back in manually.

We'll see if those people are customers of his or not though, or if they actually even KNOW him.
CRAWFISH DANA

Live Oak, CA

#21346 Mar 7, 2013
Because THEY'RE GOING to find out about what Dana Robertson does in the name of "the FRUITS of CHRIST"

We'll see how Christian they take it to be.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21348 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a CD collection of books about Mormonism that were written in the 1800's early 1900's, now out of copyright. I transcribe then into a .pdf file for people to read. Sold quite a bit of them on ebay a few years back. I don't sell them anymore. I'll send you .pdf files if you want to look at them.
Oh. From some of your comments it sounded like you were still selling them.

Location hidden

#21349 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the Old Testament. No one in the New Testament was called "Prophet" Apostle was considered a higher calling then Prophet because they actually knew Jesus. This is demonstrated by a verse that Mormons like to use to justify having a prophet:
1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.
Notice the first are the Apostles. That is not how Mormonism has it set up. Prophets were not standard procedure in the New Testament.
See mormon.org

"All members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are apostles and prophets."

They are both apostles and prophets. We don't just have a prophet at the top and apostles underneath.

Prophets were not standard procedure in the New Testament?
Check out:
Judas and Silas who were prophets Acts 15:32
Ephesians 4:11 shows how Christ called apostles and prophets while he was on the earth.

If prophets are not an essential part of a Christian church; why did the Lord Jesus Christ descend from heaven and call prophets along with apostles, evangelists, pastors, and teachers for the purpose of perfecting the saints as laid forth in Ephesians chapter 4?

Location hidden

#21350 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

And he does that still to us directly through the Holy Ghost. During the time of the prophets Gods children did not have that gift given to them. If you have Gods word through the Bible, and God dwelling within you, why would anyone need a prophet?
We have the Holy Ghost to give us individual guidance and we have the prophet to give world wide guidance. Like two points in a line, both sources of divine guidance form an arrow directing us back to God.

Location hidden

#21351 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

Here we disagree completely. Smith's life is a life full of lies, deceptions and perversions. Those are not characteristics of a prophet. Add to that the message he gave us is not in agreement with the word of God that we have and know. He denied the grace of Jesus Christ and set up a system of belief with salvation based on your righteousness and works. You judge a tree by the fruit it bears.
If you want to start digging up bones I think medieval Christianity takes the cake, so lets not even go there. Just take a look at the history of Charlemagne a "champion of Christianity." He is a man whose actions were ultimately condoned by the Christian church of his time when they made him Holy Emperor. This guy had many wives and concubines and forced thousands to convert worship the Christian God or be dispatched to meet him sooner. He fought dozens of battles to expand his empire in the name of Christ who said "My kingdom is not of this world."

Nope, don't even go there.

Joseph Smith believed that salvation comes through the grace and mercy of Christ. There is nothing we can do to save ourselves without the grace of Christ. The Bible says we will be judged by our works, but ultimately we are saved through grace. The Bible and Book of Mormon teach it.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#21352 Mar 7, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
See mormon.org
"All members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are apostles and prophets."
They are both apostles and prophets. We don't just have a prophet at the top and apostles underneath.
Prophets were not standard procedure in the New Testament?
Check out:
Judas and Silas who were prophets Acts 15:32
Ephesians 4:11 shows how Christ called apostles and prophets while he was on the earth.
If prophets are not an essential part of a Christian church; why did the Lord Jesus Christ descend from heaven and call prophets along with apostles, evangelists, pastors, and teachers for the purpose of perfecting the saints as laid forth in Ephesians chapter 4?
Do you, personally..really believe Boyd K Packer is a prophet?

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#21353 Mar 7, 2013
CRAWFISH DANA wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong algebraic sign for your fOUL-up, HICK.
If there's any suspicion, you *could have called and me not know,*
it's PROOF
YOU WERE IN A PSYCHOPATHIC
LYING RAGE, and
*just STARTED PRINTING out ONE of YOUR CUSTOMERS' HOME ADDRESS, the fact she's an old WOMAN, and here CHILDREN's names ONLINE.*
* FROM YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.*
*FROM YOUR ONLINE BOOKSTORE.*
You
*PICKED A NAME of ONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS out of the AIR*
because I was naming myself
"CARE ENOUGH TO GOOGLE IT"
*DECLARED it was ONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS*
and YOU PROCEEDED
to
PUBLISH EVERYTHING ABOUT HER YOU COULD.
*YOU*
*CALLED HER*
a CHILD MOLESTER: a WHORE.
=====
Y.O.U.R. customer
=====
for Y.O.U.R.
=====
O.N.L.I.N.E.
=====
S.T.O.R.E.
Lying,
Saying
YOU
busted *A.N.Y.O.N.E.*
by ADMITTING there's a chance I won't know, if you CALLED HER
* B U S T S *
* Y O U *
Having
* OUTED one of *YOUR customers* from
*your*
*CUSTOMER BASE*
in a FIT of PSYCHOPATHIC RAGE you couldn't WIN the ARGUMENT.
There's legal evidence right here on these pages of you going
EXACTLY that.
YOU outed the PERSONAL INFORMATION of ONE of YOUR CUSTOMERS
in an INSANE PSYCHOPATHIC RAGE, that YOU CAN'T WIN a RELIGION ARGUMENT on the INTERNET.
I happen to know that Dana is in fact telling the truth on this one. I may be Mormon, and I do like to side with my "own" however, truth is truth no matter how much you may try to run from it. You can change your name on here as much as you like, but your writing style always gives you away.
It sucks to watch someone who is suppose to share the same faith as me behave the way you do.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#21354 Mar 7, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't talk with your mouth full. Pull you sons penis out first.
You're obsession to me only prove that I own your whoring butt. Go hit the streets, slut. LOL!!!
Hey there darling. Do me a favor. Don't let her drag you to her own pathetic level. We both know you are better than that <3

Marysville, CA

#21355 Mar 7, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there darling. Do me a favor. Don't let her drag you to her own pathetic level. We both know you are better than that <3
She is such a disgusting beast, but you are right.

Marysville, CA

#21356 Mar 7, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to start digging up bones I think medieval Christianity takes the cake, so lets not even go there. Just take a look at the history of Charlemagne a "champion of Christianity." He is a man whose actions were ultimately condoned by the Christian church of his time when they made him Holy Emperor. This guy had many wives and concubines and forced thousands to convert worship the Christian God or be dispatched to meet him sooner. He fought dozens of battles to expand his empire in the name of Christ who said "My kingdom is not of this world."
Nope, don't even go there.
Bring it up if you wish, I agree 100%. I don't think the Catholic church is the church that Christ created. The church through the centuries was the people who got the message of Christ's salvation through grace, and lived by it. Not some man made organization.
Joseph Smith believed that salvation comes through the grace and mercy of Christ. There is nothing we can do to save ourselves without the grace of Christ. The Bible says we will be judged by our works, but ultimately we are saved through grace. The Bible and Book of Mormon teach it.
If you are judged by your works, you are not saved by the grace of Jesus Christ. The Bible makes this perfectly clear. What you just stated is a contradiction of scripture:

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NASB)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

If you are saved by grace, you are saved by it alone.

Marysville, CA

#21357 Mar 7, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the Holy Ghost to give us individual guidance and we have the prophet to give world wide guidance. Like two points in a line, both sources of divine guidance form an arrow directing us back to God.
The fruit of your prophets says otherwise.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#21358 Mar 7, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Weirdo :p
So as you think, so as you speak.
So as you see, so as you are.
Just saying :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Content? Articles, Blog Posts, Newsletters... 6 hr Quality Web Content 1
Review: Parker Welding (May '14) 18 hr sm layton 15
Review: IloveKickboxing West Valley City Wed Carmen 22
Wake Up Mormons ( REPENT ) ( REPENT ) Wed Mayra 6
News Opposing sides in Mormon rift unite for survey ... Tue Now Is The Time 15
News $50K reward for capture of fugitive polygamist ... Feb 21 Becky 13
News Utah Republican argues against equal pay for wo... Feb 21 Donna 2

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance