Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

There are 32098 comments on the CNN story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Who says Mormons aren't Christians?. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#21106 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*you're :)
are you in a spelling bee?

I'm not!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#21107 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
They are the Maya Indians.

With today's society you have blood mixing that's crazy wacko...

But, the Maya Indian that I'm referring to that was tested was from a tribe that hides deep in the forest.

There is a HUGE amount of history out there.

The Church has always said there's more out there to come to light.
The Maya Indian who performed human sacrifices to their pagan god? That's who you base your religion upon? You defend THAT as being Biblical? Seriously?!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21108 Mar 5, 2013
I said the Mayan Indian who was tested the White Mayan Indian who went to Washington D.C.

I was talking to Dana.

Is this Egypt?

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21109 Mar 5, 2013
yes some did sacrifice other indians... that is why this tribe and others stay hidden...

You need to stay on that boat... or in Canada because if they ever let you get your hands on a book you might learn something.

Location hidden

#21110 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>did you learn your history in a comic book?
\

just curious~
Sure. I got my knowledge of history from the same place that sold you the book of mormon.

Location hidden

#21111 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>are you in a spelling bee?

I'm not!
That's painfully obvious.

Location hidden

#21112 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
I said the Mayan Indian who was tested the White Mayan Indian who went to Washington D.C.

I was talking to Dana.

Is this Egypt?
You didn't know? My name is Dana too. Are you Pharaoh now as well? I wasn't aware the Mayan Indians were from Egypt.

Location hidden

#21113 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
yes some did sacrifice other indians... that is why this tribe and others stay hidden...

You need to stay on that boat... or in Canada because if they ever let you get your hands on a book you might learn something.
You mean like the Book of Mormon? lol Yeah. Cause you are clearly a person of superior intelligence. I hear Canada is nice this time of year. Too bad I'm in the southern u.s.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21114 Mar 5, 2013
This is petty and immature... it has nothing to do with the Church or any Historical information.

I refuse to pleasure you by giving you the satisfaction to argue. I already raised my teenagers and I refuse to continue debating your nonsense with you.

Have a great nite.

*night

Location hidden

#21115 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
This is petty and immature... it has nothing to do with the Church or any Historical information.

I refuse to pleasure you by giving you the satisfaction to argue. I already raised my teenagers and I refuse to continue debating your nonsense with you.

Have a great nite.

*night
Lol The only nonsense being presented this evening has come from you. The truth is you cannot Biblically prove that God, in fact, ordained Joseph Smith as a prophet or his Book of Mormon as sacred scripture. And that, my dear, is all it really boils down to.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#21116 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what ... your wrong.
Not too long ago a archeologist went deep down into Guatemala and found some white Indians... one came back to Washington D.C. and did some D.N.A. testing. Turns out she was the real deal!
Waiting for proof.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21117 Mar 5, 2013
Psalm 85:11
11 Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21118 Mar 5, 2013
The real fact is that you cannot prove that
the Prophecy in the Bible
of the Book of Mormon
and Joseph Smith
is false.

God did not say you get to choose which parts of the scriptures to manipulate. He said here they are... they are true.

God is always going to be right... and God is always going to win in the end.

Even If the Bible were in the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. state it would still need the other pieces to be whole. God did not say... I will not ever add to these words after this date... man decided that.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#21119 Mar 5, 2013
Hi all - long time no post. I've been around, but happy to be an occasional lurker and even less-than-occasional poster these days.

So in the post-Mittens era, what do you do if you're a multi-national Corporation masquerading as a Church, flush with a communications empire, PR expertise, but no anointed leader to produce "Heartstrings" ads for?

Why you spend all those PR resources on a slick new video extolling the holy virtues of volunteer church janitorial work...

Coming soon, to the intermission film collection between Morning and Afternoon Sessions of General Conference:

https://www.lds.org/callings/meetinghouse-car...

Way to spend a gob of tithing money producing video to convince people to volunteer for a task that you could instead pay financially needy members of the ward to do.

Greedy bastards.
Confusion noise

Mobile, AL

#21120 Mar 5, 2013
Who knows!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21121 Mar 5, 2013
Haw Haw wrote:
Hi all - long time no post. I've been around, but happy to be an occasional lurker and even less-than-occasional poster these days.
So in the post-Mittens era, what do you do if you're a multi-national Corporation masquerading as a Church, flush with a communications empire, PR expertise, but no anointed leader to produce "Heartstrings" ads for?
Why you spend all those PR resources on a slick new video extolling the holy virtues of volunteer church janitorial work...
Coming soon, to the intermission film collection between Morning and Afternoon Sessions of General Conference:
https://www.lds.org/callings/meetinghouse-car...
Way to spend a gob of tithing money producing video to convince people to volunteer for a task that you could instead pay financially needy members of the ward to do.
Greedy bastards.
That was an awesome video... thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it very much.

Hearing the testimonies of sincere people doing the Lords work is a fabulous thing.

If my tithing money was spent on making this video then I'm honored; however, I'm sure there was not much cost if any preparing this video since all volunteers in the video cleaning the Church were giving their time for the Lords work... it's called service to the Lord.

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21122 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
They are the Maya Indians.
With today's society you have blood mixing that's crazy wacko...
But, the Maya Indian that I'm referring to that was tested was from a tribe that hides deep in the forest.
There is a HUGE amount of history out there.
The Church has always said there's more out there to come to light.
*Correction... the Incas not Maya Indians.

Since: Aug 10

Rochester, NY

#21123 Mar 5, 2013
Religious nutters are religious ntters. Denomination is irrellevant!

sportxmouse

“Duty is a Privilege!”

Location hidden

#21124 Mar 5, 2013
FFS- wrote:
Religious nutters are religious ntters. Denomination is irrellevant!
One Lord, one faith, one baptism, the Lord wants his church as a whole.

One body means one church. Not many churches, faiths, or sects. Paul taught there is one faith and one baptism. This means the church must have the same faith in the same Savior, and His teachings, and no schisms in doctrine. One baptism refers to being baptized once using the style set by Jesus. It does not say, or even imply that you can either be immersed or sprinkled. It's either one or the other, and must be done with proper authority.

Ephesian 5:23
"For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body."

Paul teaches in this verse that the head of the True Church must be Christ. Paul is speaking literally, not symbolically.
The general day-to-day affairs of the church are handled by men who hold the priesthood and receive inspiration from The Lord. Christ must be the one to set the doctrines and standards of the Church. Any change in policy or practice must be directed through revelation by Jesus Christ to His prophets.

As a side note:
Jesus stated that, in the time of his earthly ministry, there was only one true church. While speaking with the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4, she said that she believed that she would be saved because of her lineage. She kept the law, and the Samaritans were a lineage split from the Jews some generations before. He states in verse 22 that, at that time, salvation was only through the Jews. This is due to the covenant with the Jews. This illustrates that even then, there was only one Covenant church.

Location hidden

#21125 Mar 5, 2013
sportxmouse wrote:
The real fact is that you cannot prove that
the Prophecy in the Bible
of the Book of Mormon
and Joseph Smith
is false.

God did not say you get to choose which parts of the scriptures to manipulate. He said here they are... they are true.

God is always going to be right... and God is always going to win in the end.

Even If the Bible were in the O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. state it would still need the other pieces to be whole. God did not say... I will not ever add to these words after this date... man decided that.
Not once does it mention the book of Mormon or Joseph smith in the Bible, apocrypha, talmud, midrash, etc. That proof is pretty definitive if you ask me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Malinda Marie Atkins Mon MALINDA 1
Looking for male photographer who does boudoir/... (Feb '17) Sun Scott 2
nudism and in salt lake city, UT (Oct '13) Sun Scott 2
mitt romney - what a clown! Feb 16 Bloodonhishands 1
Review: Allied Driving School (Oct '11) Feb 12 Jimmy 2
News Romney declines to say whether he'd run for Uta... Feb 10 Chilli J 15
Apartments that forbid pitbulls in So SLC (May '16) Jun '16 ThomasA 4

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance