My view: There is no time for delay on comprehensive immigration reform

May 26, 2013 Full story: Deseret News

Pastor Nestor Bustos, left, Jorge Angel and Rolando Murillo sign letters to legislative leaders as the League of United Latin American Citizens holds a meeting at the Federal Building in Salt Lake City, Monday, April 15, 2013, to encourage comprehensive immigration reform.

Full Story
Doreen

United States

#1 May 27, 2013
It is unfortunate that some immigrants get themselves into trouble which affects all of us. I wish most people out there could feel stressful and hard life is for undocumented immigrants. Some go through all sorts of abuse and cannot report to the police because they are afraid to be deported, just by hearing the word "police". A typical example occured last dawn. A 20 year old African girl run into me with a swollen eye, bruised and partly naked after being beaten by her sister's husband for participating in religeous activities. He beat up this young girl and dragged her out of the apartment and smashed her phone in fear of her calling the cops. Now this girl cannot go to the hospital for check up because she has no form of valid ID nor does she has anywhere to go to because she has no relatives here in the US. It's saddening to see young innocent people experience abuse in all forms just because they are undocumented. Even with all hopes lost, she still believes in her American dreams and is looking forward to the immigration reform bill.
Dee Dee Dee

East Greenville, PA

#2 May 28, 2013
Doreen wrote:
It is unfortunate that some immigrants get themselves into trouble which affects all of us. I wish most people out there could feel stressful and hard life is for undocumented immigrants. Some go through all sorts of abuse and cannot report to the police because they are afraid to be deported, just by hearing the word "police". A typical example occured last dawn. A 20 year old African girl run into me with a swollen eye, bruised and partly naked after being beaten by her sister's husband for participating in religeous activities. He beat up this young girl and dragged her out of the apartment and smashed her phone in fear of her calling the cops. Now this girl cannot go to the hospital for check up because she has no form of valid ID nor does she has anywhere to go to because she has no relatives here in the US. It's saddening to see young innocent people experience abuse in all forms just because they are undocumented. Even with all hopes lost, she still believes in her American dreams and is looking forward to the immigration reform bill.
If a person chooses to be a criminal then they have to accept the consequences of their decisions. In the mean time honest Americans are being victimized by those you are defending. How about sympathy for the victims rather than the criminals?
If the story you related had happened in her home country would things be any different?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 May 28, 2013
Doreen wrote:
Never once did you show any regret for the Americans who lost jobs, or even lives to illegals. What about those whose lives have been upended by the illegals who have stolen their ID's? You make it all about yourselves, with no regard for the Americans who have suffered because of the illegal infestation. Sorry, our compassion has been trampled on by millions of lying, thieving interlopers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 2 hr uiha 26,971
female snapchst users. 9 hr xragnerosx 1
Utah man, 77, charged for sunbathing nude 18 hr Sneaky Pete 9
last post wins! (Jul '11) Thu Concerned_American 351
Utah Ophthalmologists Improve Vision During Cat... (Nov '13) Dec 16 Pavlos Lombardi 3
Are vitamins from USANA worth price? (Mar '08) Dec 12 Tagumpay 217
Police dog finds Utah boy who falls into manhole Dec 10 Independent1 19

Avalanche Watch for Salt Lake County was issued at December 20 at 5:30AM MST

South Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Salt Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Salt Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]