Utah meeting seeks to unify Orthodox Christians

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Photos by The Salt Lake Tribune Top: West Jordan - St. George's Russian Orthodox Mission celebrates St.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Simon Missionary

Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Hello ,

Thank you in the name of Jesus Christ.
I am a American Missionary.

Please I need your personal help now,I Need welfare I was sent to look for work in Accra-Ghana by Elder Clinger he lives in Salt lake City Utah.I am a Member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints,I read from the Book of Mormon as a result I came to my Right.
You read the announcement of Miracle by formal President Bush.
I am a U.S Citizen please login
http://lds.org/general-conference/2008/04/fai...

Please you can call me 00233 0276744292 and 00233 0276744323 .I hope to be hearing from you,I am homeless in Accra-Ghana.
I also pray for you to remember that there is God only him can JUDGE.
Thanks For understanding,

Yours Faithfully,

Simon Missionary.
imonamission

Havre, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Hello,

Thank you in the name of money
I am a sneeky beggar

Please I need your money, i was sent to look for work in ghana, well not really im just a rip-off looking for people dumb enough to believe me, but im a good guy, really, i just make money off of fools... im a US Citizen, well does ghana count? dont judge me, i have 10 kids, ok, none, but i like cool stuff.. haha, send money now,

Yours Faithfully

Richie Missionary (sort of)
Fallen Star

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Utah is a state in the Western United States. It was the 45th state admitted to the Union, on January 4, 1896. Approximately 80% of Utah's 2,763,885 people live along the Wasatch Front, centering on Salt Lake City. This leaves vast expanses of the state nearly uninhabited, making the population the sixth most urbanized in the U.S. The name "Utah" is derived from the name of the Ute tribe and means "people of the mountains" in the Ute language. Utah is bordered by Arizona on the south, Colorado on the east, Wyoming on the northeast, Idaho on the north and Nevada on the west. It also touches a corner of New Mexico.

Utah is the most religiously homogeneous state in the Union. Approximately 60% of Utahns are reported to be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), which greatly influences Utah culture and daily life.

The state is a center of transportation, information technology and research, government services, mining, and a major tourist destination for outdoor recreation. According to the U.S. Census Bureau's population estimates, Utah was the fastest growing state in the United States as of 2008. St. George, Utah, was the fastest growing metropolitan area in the United States from 20002005.
PoppaG

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

The group that calls itslef "Orthodox Christian Laity" represent no one but themselves: suburban, white, rich, and English-speaking.
Authentic Orthodox Christians have always had a mind to reach out to all people (such as Latinos, African Americans, and poor Americans of all backgrounds), and to live the Christian life in humility, repentance, and holiness - not politics.
For those who are interested in ancient, timeless Orthodox Christianity: avoid groups like this, and learn the life of the Church from living and experiencing it.
Turtle

Carson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

imonamission wrote:
Hello,
Thank you in the name of money
I am a sneeky beggar
Please I need your money, i was sent to look for work in ghana, well not really im just a rip-off looking for people dumb enough to believe me, but im a good guy, really, i just make money off of fools... im a US Citizen, well does ghana count? dont judge me, i have 10 kids, ok, none, but i like cool stuff.. haha, send money now,
Yours Faithfully
Richie Missionary (sort of)
LOL
Fallen Star

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

The Orthodox Christian Laity (OCL) is an independently organized movement of Orthodox Christian laity and clergy who are "involved with Orthodox Renewal in the Americas." Today, the Orthodox Church shows signs of a growing complexity of problems and concerns that include internal stresses and external attacks of a secular society. It serves as an advocate for unity between clergy and laity and to inform the Orthodox faithful by providing awareness through its various educational ministries.

The organization's patron saints are Ss. Photini the Samaritan woman and Symeon the New Theologian.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

South Salt Lake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance