Is Mormonism Still Racist?

Mar 2, 2012 Full story: Slate Magazine 82

A statue of Brigham Young, second president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and namesake of Brigham Young University, stands in the center of Salt Lake City "God has always been discriminatory." So says Randy Bott, a professor of religion at Brigham Young University, in a Washington Post piece by Jason Horowitz .

Read more
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: May 10

Loganville, GA

#99 May 3, 2013
THE BEST SINGLE THING THAT I EVER DID FOR MYSELF WAS TO LEAVE SALT LAKE CITY IN 1956 TO GO INTO THE MARINE CORPS.I WAS BORN IN SALT LAKE IN 1938 AND ATTENDED PUBLIC SCHOOLS. I CAN STILL REMEMBER THE TIME THAT I DECIDED TO LEAVE. IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF THE DISCRIMINATION OF MORMON KIDS AGAINST NON-MORMONS, ALTHOUGH THAT HELPED. IT WASN'T BECAUSE OF THE SEX DISCRIMINATION BY MORMON SUPERVISORS AGAINST MY MOTHER. IT WAS ABOUT THE INCREDIBLE LACK OF VISION BY THE LDS ELDERS. SOMETIME AROUND 1950, LOCKHEED AIRCRAFT CAME TO UTAH LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO BUILD AN AIRCRAFT PLANT. ALONG WITH MY PARENTS, I ATTENDED TWO MEETINGS WHERE WE LISTENED TO WHAT THE LOCKHEED SPOKESPERSONS HAD TO SAY. IT WAS SO EXCITING FOR ME AS I HAD ALREADY DECIDED THAT I WANTED TO BECOME AN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER, AND THE U OF U HAD SUCH A PROGRAM. BUT THE DESERET NEWS PUBLISHED AN EDITORIAL STATING THAT UTAH DID NOT NEED SUCH AN EMPLOYER AS IT WOULD BRING ALL SORTS OF RIFF-RAFF. THE DAY THAT EDITORIAL CAME OUT, I DECIDED THAT AS SOON AS I WAS OLD ENOUGH I WOULD LEAVE. THIS RIFF-RAFF LEFT THE MARINE CORPS AFTER SIX YEARS OF SERVICE, ENTERED UCLA, STAYED UNTIL I EARNED A BS AND MS IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING, AND WENT TO WORK FOR LOCKHEED AIRCRAFT. I MADE AN EXCELLENT LIVING, HAVE HAD A WONDERFUL LIFE AND HAVE BEEN BACK TO UTAH ONLY TWICE, BOTH TIMES TO CHANGE PLANES. ALL YOU SAINTS CONTINUE TO STAY THERE AND STEW IN YOUR CONSERVATIVE, RACIST, IGNORANT PUSS.

“The Pleasure is all MINE”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#100 May 21, 2013
The Mormon church is still racist.

Just read their 2013 Aaronic Priesthood Manual

They still discourage interracial marriage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 23 hr Aura Mytha 32,002
News LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) Sun tongangodz 30,178
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Mar 28 kristen 24
News Google Fiber to reach Salt Lake City Mar 28 Tom 2
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Mar 22 Waymogv001010 12
News Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker to oversee na... Nov '14 Ace McMillan 2
News Fake Cops Execute a Very Illegal Search and Sei... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Judy 1
South Salt Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Salt Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]