Gas prices in Utah have plunged to am...

Gas prices in Utah have plunged to among cheapest in the nation

There are 6 comments on the Deseret News story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Gas prices in Utah have plunged to among cheapest in the nation. In it, Deseret News reports that:

Consumer costs are up everywhere these days, but one significant bright spot is much lower gasoline prices, and Utahns now boast some of the cheapest in the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret News.

Phirt

United States

#1 Dec 6, 2008
What happened to all of the wells drying up and the total market draw from China and India?

Hmmm..seems like collusion on the part of the oil companies.

“Dust in the wind”

Since: Feb 07

Medical Lake, WA

#2 Dec 8, 2008
Seems like a lot of fast talk from the chain-smoking hucksters, don't it?
Rott

South Jordan, UT

#3 Dec 9, 2008
I have come up with a nifty invention.

The Fart Jar.

The top of the jar is concave and fits snugly against your bum while you expel gas. It has an automatic lid which you hold open with your index finger and it retracts closed when you let it go. This allows you to save the fart and smell it later for pleasure.

I don't think there are any patents on this one.

“Dust in the wind”

Since: Feb 07

Chehalis, WA

#4 Dec 10, 2008
Rott, you are a sick man.
Lurch

South Jordan, UT

#5 Dec 10, 2008
Hmmm, well, I think I have a concept here. I am not the only sicko. Read on:

Fart In A Jar Sells for $71 on eBay
No kidding! Check this fart news of the wierd out with your own eyes. You literally have to see it to believe it. Last month a fart in a jar from a "hot girl" sold for $71 on eBay. This is no gag gift either. A radio program broadcasts the making of this real girl fart being put into a jar. The eBay listing includes an audio link along with the item description: Hear Audio. This is one of those things that you don't know whether to laugh or shake your head. It had 24 bids.

http://farts.typepad.com/farts/2007/03/fart_i...
Lurch

South Jordan, UT

#6 Dec 10, 2008
The real deal here!

I've always had the urge to go into a WalMart or Target or whatever, and go to where they have tupperware containers on display, fart in a container, and put it back on the shelf ... well, just think of that next time you're checking out the plastic containers at the store.

[No, I haven't actually done it. I just have a strange desire to do so, kinda like this really unexplainable urge whenever I see flannel ... oh, nevermind]
posted by yesster at 11:34 AM on March 18, 2004

http://www.metafilter.com/31858/Fart-in-a-jar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Salt Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a lds misionary who had sex with a married woman (Jul '11) 20 hr Jusmysecert 36
News Leaked videos partially pull back curtain on Mo... Wed Peter T 137
More Problems with the Book of Mormon Wed token 46
Review: Haaga Mattress (Nov '15) Wed Pam 6
Are Aliens Real, if so are they nice or mean? (Oct '12) Wed Labaron 32
White men! Date a woman with bi-racial kids? (May '11) Jan 16 Charlie P 105
Repent Receive HOLYGHOST ACTS 2 38 Jan 16 Premia 6

South Salt Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance