Migrant workers' advocate indicted

Jan 15, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.bangordailynews.com

A South Portland man who took on Wal-Mart and the former DeCoster Egg Farm in Turner on behalf of Latino workers was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury on five counts, including transporting and harboring illegal aliens.

Friday January 15th bangorddailynews.com A immigrant rights supporter was indicted on five counts Wednesday.. He tried to seek changes for illegal immigrants.
Comments
1 - 20 of 67 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LMAO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Bet he's not the only "so-called advocate"
doing this.

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

We need to be doing this in every state and in every community. Take the illegals out of our jails and send them back across the border. Oh wait we can't the border ain't secure.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Did you read all the federal charges against this doofus? He's toast.
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I've heard if you're breaking the law, never draw attention to yourself. Oops guess this birdbrain, failed to either listen or understand!
amberdru

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

2

There are so many of these stories that any prosecutor looking to rack up some convictions could just look at immigration activists, immigration lawyers or any business whose clientel or workforce is mostly immigrant and finding criminals would be a sure thing.

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

1

amberdru wrote:
There are so many of these stories that any prosecutor looking to rack up some convictions could just look at immigration activists, immigration lawyers or any business whose clientel or workforce is mostly immigrant and finding criminals would be a sure thing.
Better yet go to any Wal-Mart and start with their employees and end with their customers. Just stand at the doors and card people as they walk out. better have several buses near by to hold them all.

“No NAU”

Since: May 09

Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

"If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in federal prison on the charge of transporting and harboring aliens, up to five years for the charges of Social Security fraud, tax evasion and student assistance fraud, and up to a year in prison on the charge of failure to file a tax return. The potential fines in the case range from $100,000 to $250,000."

People like him are the worst. He takes money from them to get them here, gets fraudlent ss#'s for them, and then sues the companies they work for. He exploits the illegals, the companies they work for, the U.S. Government, and acts like he is a great humanitarian. What a pos.

Lock him up and throw away the key. This Nation doesn't need a snake like this in it's midst.
LMBO

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 15, 2010
 
ROFLMBO
Some advocate he turned out to be... he was making money off them.

"Guiliani transported and harbored illegal aliens for “commercial advantage and private financial gain.”

OMG... did everyone read the L_O_N_G list of charges? Not to mention the fines. This is too, too funny.

Throw away the key!

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

4

I am smiling from ear to ear. I hope to read more and more of these stories.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 15, 2010
 

Judged:

3

made in the united states wrote:
"If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in federal prison on the charge of transporting and harboring aliens, up to five years for the charges of Social Security fraud, tax evasion and student assistance fraud, and up to a year in prison on the charge of failure to file a tax return. The potential fines in the case range from $100,000 to $250,000."
People like him are the worst. He takes money from them to get them here, gets fraudlent ss#'s for them, and then sues the companies they work for. He exploits the illegals, the companies they work for, the U.S. Government, and acts like he is a great humanitarian. What a pos.
Lock him up and throw away the key. This Nation doesn't need a snake like this in it's midst.
wait. what happened to "aiding and abetting"????
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/AidAb...

from what I read, the penalty for aiding and abetting INCLUDES up to 5 years jail time for EACH illegal alien involved.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is great news and is well in line with the American third positions platform on dealing with this brand of criminal. Check it out.
http://american3p.org/...
SC Redneck

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

2

LMBO wrote:
ROFLMBO
Some advocate he turned out to be... he was making money off them.
"Guiliani transported and harbored illegal aliens for “commercial advantage and private financial gain.”
OMG... did everyone read the L_O_N_G list of charges? Not to mention the fines. This is too, too funny.
Throw away the key!
It is entertaining. Too bad they can't find more advocates like this guy to incarcerate. LOL
They are not immigrants

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

4

LMBO wrote:
ROFLMBO
Some advocate he turned out to be... he was making money off them.
"Guiliani transported and harbored illegal aliens for “commercial advantage and private financial gain.”
Of course. The very people screaming for illegal alien "rights" are the very ones who EXPLOIT THEM for profit. It's infuriating and hopefully the American public is finally waking up to the scams that groups like LULAC, MeCHA, LaRAZA and others are supporting.

And the illegals are WILLING VICTIMS of these exploiters.
TEA

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Doing the happy dance!
Common Cents

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 16, 2010
 
amberdru wrote:
There are so many of these stories that any prosecutor looking to rack up some convictions could just look at immigration activists, immigration lawyers or any business whose clientel or workforce is mostly immigrant and finding criminals would be a sure thing.
The "Immigration lawyers" are big contributors to the Immigration Reformista groups that also make money off the illegal's labor. There are 37 million foreign-born LEGAL residents working in the US, our country does not need any more immigrants.
There is a US Congressman from Chicago that has intoduced a new "Amnesty" Bill in the Congress that will allow the illegals to receive driver's licenses and "Green Cards" so they can work legally:
http://www.resistnet.com/profiles/blogs/anoth...
Mary

Vermilion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 16, 2010
 
They are not immigrants wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. The very people screaming for illegal alien "rights" are the very ones who EXPLOIT THEM for profit. It's infuriating and hopefully the American public is finally waking up to the scams that groups like LULAC, MeCHA, LaRAZA and others are supporting.
And the illegals are WILLING VICTIMS of these exploiters.
They said he was looking for "change". I guess he'll GET it! lol He'll change his address and for all intents and purposes, he's about to change his gender. I wonder which Bubba he'll be servicing?? ROFLMAO!!
amberdru

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Common Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Immigration lawyers" are big contributors to the Immigration Reformista groups that also make money off the illegal's labor. There are 37 million foreign-born LEGAL residents working in the US, our country does not need any more immigrants.
There is a US Congressman from Chicago that has intoduced a new "Amnesty" Bill in the Congress that will allow the illegals to receive driver's licenses and "Green Cards" so they can work legally:
http://www.resistnet.com/profiles/blogs/anoth...
Yes.

Pretty much all lawyers are in favor of amnesty which is disturbing.

Supposibly they take oaths not to violate the law but coach their clients on how to get around it.

Here in central Ohio, Joseph/Jose (depends on his audience) Mas, an immigrtion lawyer wants to be a judge but has repeatedly stated he doesn't think existing laws should be enforced.

In one interview he estimated that 60% of the area's Hispanics are here illegally. Then him and other Hispanic leaders complain that central ohioians just assume any Hispaic they see is illegal. Well, according to him they most likely are.

Since: Apr 09

small town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

“I do not know the government’s intentions,” Guiliani said at the time of the raid.“I don’t know the government’s reasoning. I don’t want to say they have a vendetta against me because of my outspokenness, but that may be the case.”

Maybe it is because your a CROOK? I hope you get the Maximum Sentence and Pay the Maximum Fine.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

This man sounds framed.

Very typical!
plopsdad

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 16, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

Rico from East Los II wrote:
This man sounds framed.
Very typical!
It sounds that way to you, but you cant prove it, in other words, your mad and cant do sh*t about it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Portland Discussions

Search the South Portland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bullying at Binghamton University (Apr '12) Jul 16 LINCOLN MYTH 12
Jets fly over Portland to honor retiring pilot Jul 13 John Smith 1
Illegal Immigrant Surge Jul 12 American 1
Beach to Beacon Jul 11 Dale 1
Maine CDC warns of new mosquito disease Jul 11 John Smith 1
Portland | $879,000 Jul 11 John Smith 1
Armed immigration agents raid Westbrook eatery (Sep '11) Jul 9 dirtbag1958 11
•••
•••
•••
South Portland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

South Portland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Portland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

South Portland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Portland
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••