Anti-Gay Right Attempts to Link Maine...

Anti-Gay Right Attempts to Link Maine Shooting Death to Marriage Equality

There are 68 comments on the Edge San Francisco story from Jan 9, 2010, titled Anti-Gay Right Attempts to Link Maine Shooting Death to Marriage Equality. In it, Edge San Francisco reports that:

The anti-gay right has attempted to portray the shooting death of a gay Maine resident by another gay man as relevant to the question of marriage equality--and to tar both family parity and gays in general with charges of "debauchery" and "perversion." Bruce Lavallee-Davidson, 50, of Skowhegan, Maine, has been an outspoken proponent of marriage ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edge San Francisco.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Eaglefan9727

Ashby, MA

#70 Jan 11, 2010
fuzi wrote:
You don't have the right to take other people's rights away. Nobody is taking away YOUR rights. You are always free to remain ignorant and irrational as much as you want.
Once again, SSM was never a right to begin with in this country, So nothing was taken away from anyone. The only rights that are being taken away are the rights of the voters. Of course, You are too blind and ignorant to see that.
Mona Lott

Elizabeth, NJ

#71 Jan 11, 2010
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, SSM was never a right to begin with in this country, So nothing was taken away from anyone. The only rights that are being taken away are the rights of the voters. Of course, You are too blind and ignorant to see that.
You are too stupid to breathe.....how do you do it?
Voters don't run this country....the Constitution does!
You're just angry because you have nothing else to do in your life but troll gay forums. You aren't fooling anyone, except yourself.
Eaglefan9727

Ashby, MA

#72 Jan 11, 2010
Mona Lott wrote:
You are too stupid to breathe.....how do you do it? Voters don't run this country....the Constitution does!
You're just angry because you have nothing else to do in your life but troll gay forums. You aren't fooling anyone, except yourself.
You are quite the stupid one. There is nothing in the Constitution that states SSM is a right in this country. You might think it does, But it doesnt. I also see that you are againts freedom of speech from anyone that doesnt agree with your opinion. Anyhow, I do have other things to do in life which I do everyday unlike yourself who sits around and cries like a little child all day.

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#73 Jan 12, 2010
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
Str8 people have the right to marry, a right that is being denied to us. You are LYING when you say it isn't. WHY DO YOU LIE SO MUCH?????

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#74 Jan 12, 2010
Honestly, you are a blathering, pathetic dolt.

Your eyes and ears are *shut*.

YOU PROVED MY POINT with this post. Proved it in spades.
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blapper all you want. I dont care. It just shows how much of a cry baby you are.
Uh, there seems to be *no greater crybaby on these boards than you*, frankly, besides that "David" person and one or two others.
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I stated, No where in the 14th amendment states that SSM is a right in this country.
You're lying pointblank. You're also manipulative. You are *interpreting* it to mean there is no such right. Weird, ya know,*CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARS* who know far more than you are interpreting it to mean *THE OPPOSITE*.

How does that feel?
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, You state that same sex couples are being denied of their right to marriage under the 14th amendment and then you got the nerve to turn around and state that people who are into polygamy and incest are not being denied.
<quoted text>
You are right. I dont care about people who are interested in those kind of marriages, But I do care about it when it comes to "marriage equality for all" which this is all about as I am highly againts discrimination in this country unlike yourself. I hope you caught the important words in that.
<quoted text>
And you are a true unamerican, So why dont you get the F out of this country.
<quoted text>
Here is better question...What right is it of yours that involves someone else that wants to marry multiple women or their sister or mother? It is none of your dam business, So what makes you so special? You have already shown that you aint for marriage equality for all...
And the rest of this proves the very point I made.

You do *NOT* care about incest or polygamy or any of it *EXCEPT IN ORDER* to deny gay people their rights. Your *SOLE* concern is anti-gay and anti-American. Your *SOLE* concern is to *MOUNT A PRETENSE* of caring about polygamy *SO THAT*-- to your mind, in your eyes -- you can use it as an argument to *DENY* gay marriage.

I made a point, you responded, and you (shockingly) proved the very point I set out to make.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#75 Jan 12, 2010
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the stupid one. There is nothing in the Constitution that states SSM is a right in this country. You might think it does, But it doesnt. I also see that you are againts freedom of speech from anyone that doesnt agree with your opinion. Anyhow, I do have other things to do in life which I do everyday unlike yourself who sits around and cries like a little child all day.
You reflexively spit back at others the same things they have said to you; you write the same crap over and over; you lie about the U.S. Constitution by claiming you can *conclude* no such right exists in it when *CONSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARS* disagree with you; you make up bullshit by the post; you obsess over this subject on these boards; you add *nothing* to the discussion; you practically *copy and paste* what you write, insults and all.
sue

United States

#76 Jan 18, 2010
Magsk wrote:
Maine seems to have its own homegrown Phelps.
Christ would have given solace to Lavallee-Davidson.
AQnd told him to go and sin no more.

Since: Dec 09

Winthrop, MA

#77 Jan 19, 2010
The Virgin Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Beep...wrong answer. I only attempt to tar and feather people like you who wish to infringe on the civil rights of Christians. Please try again.
Your rights of religion end when they infringe on mine. And christianity has a long history of suppression in expressing your rights. The law of this land has already said that all religious thought is equal which gives you no rights at all that surpass mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
boycott the usps 23 hr JOHNNY LENNON 1
Hottest Newscaster in Maine (Aug '13) Sun Jazzman 3
truth of israel and jews Jul 11 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
News Portland to introduce travel ban due to discrim... May '16 TerriB1 6
News Maine governor: Drug dealers impregnate 'young ... (Jan '16) May '16 Johnny South Knox... 3
New political blog May '16 The Bored Theater 1
News News Minute: Here is the latest Maine, New Hamp... Apr '16 Lucy Anna Jane 1

South Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Portland Mortgages