Anti-Gay Right Attempts to Link Maine...

Anti-Gay Right Attempts to Link Maine Shooting Death to Marriage Equality

There are 68 comments on the Edge San Francisco story from Jan 9, 2010, titled Anti-Gay Right Attempts to Link Maine Shooting Death to Marriage Equality. In it, Edge San Francisco reports that:

The anti-gay right has attempted to portray the shooting death of a gay Maine resident by another gay man as relevant to the question of marriage equality--and to tar both family parity and gays in general with charges of "debauchery" and "perversion." Bruce Lavallee-Davidson, 50, of Skowhegan, Maine, has been an outspoken proponent of marriage ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edge San Francisco.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Speedieg

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 9, 2010
Christianity has done more evil in this world than gays could ever do. They are responsible for more deaths, more corruption, and more torture than the taliban.
Christina

Mesa, AZ

#6 Jan 9, 2010
So many christians, so few lions

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jan 9, 2010
Christians lie. Their entire belief system is based on a lie, so lying comes naturally to them. Expecting them to not lie, expecting them to be as truthful as they claim, is OUR error. This example just adds more confirmation to my statement. Yeah, some of you will make the claim, "not all christians are like that" and to that I say, WHERE ARE THEY???? WHY ARE THEY SILENT?????
Rev Ray T

Topeka, KS

#10 Jan 9, 2010
I hope Mr. Bruce Lavallee-Davidson sues The (so called) Christian civic League of Maine for all they are worth. It is bad enough that he must suffer with the knowledge of how the person whom he loved most died without those hateful sons of the Antichrist torturing him more. The sins committed in the name of a loving Jesus are beyond counting.
Mike L

Jackson, OH

#11 Jan 9, 2010
Guns should be banned. Nothing good comes from owning guns. That's the true argument here.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#12 Jan 9, 2010
Christina wrote:
So many christians, so few lions
Fcuking brilliant!

Since: Dec 09

Winthrop, MA

#14 Jan 9, 2010
Maine seems to have its own homegrown Phelps.

Christ would have given solace to Lavallee-Davidson.
Eaglefan9727

Ashby, MA

#15 Jan 9, 2010
Mike L wrote:
Guns should be banned. Nothing good comes from owning guns. That's the true argument here.
LOL...You want to b___h about your so called rights for same sex marriage and then you want to turn around and deny others of their rights to own a gun like I do. You are a total hypocrite.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#16 Jan 9, 2010
Isn't it interesting how these "conservatives" never seem to have learned set theory in school - they always reason from the converse.

I. e., some gay person does something bad, so all gay people are evil.

Of course, they don't think this was about straight people.

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#17 Jan 9, 2010
wow they are running out of arguments so they are trying to make it look like all gay people are crime ridden drug addicts lets look at how many "accidental deaths" hetero couples have had..
Rose

Panorama City, CA

#18 Jan 9, 2010
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...You want to b___h about your so called rights for same sex marriage and then you want to turn around and deny others of their rights to own a gun like I do. You are a total hypocrite.
One has nothing to do with the other.
And nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a gun.
Kyra

Jordan, MN

#19 Jan 9, 2010
HOW many domestic-violence-related murders are there in the heterosexual community? Compared to how many in the gay and lesbian community?

They think ONE gay man shooting another is grounds to deny marriage to the rest of us? Wow, it's REALLY rare that the whole "mote in thy neighbor's eye, beam in thine own" concept comes this close to literal in terms of the magnitude of the separate offenses.
Kyra

Jordan, MN

#20 Jan 9, 2010
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
What, you love your gun as much as gay people love their would-be husbands and wives? Either you are seriously underestimating the emotion we're capable of or you're in desperate need of some therapy.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

King Of Prussia, PA

#21 Jan 9, 2010
Since so damn many str8 men rape women I guess these talibangelical bigots want str8 men kept from marriage.

I mean, right?

Since: Dec 09

Winthrop, MA

#23 Jan 9, 2010
fuzi wrote:
....... Yeah, some of you will make the claim, "not all christians are like that" and to that I say, WHERE ARE THEY???? WHY ARE THEY SILENT?????
Thinking that "if your are not for us, you are against us" is much too simplistic for this case. It is true to the case to say that when you are silent in the face of extremism you are not only against us but supportive of the worst of your kind. There is a widespread attitude that christianity must be respected and retain privilege. Perhaps the silence of the un-extreme is a reflection that you too demand the respect and want the privilege even as it covers the ugliest christian.

I can, certainly, not respect the silent.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Jan 9, 2010
Once in a while, I have to restrain myself from savaging *the pro-gay*.

Why? No? Lawsuit?

WorldNetDaily alone could be the target of a lawsuit for libel, slander, and/or defamation of character.

This stuff needs. to. start. happening.

They are *knowingly lying*. They *specifically and deliberately know* that they are *lying to smear gay people and these individuals in particular*.

If no one can ****ing wrap their head around class action lawsuits for libel, slander or defamation of character,*AT LEAST* take this example where one could sue *on a single-person basis* for lies that they *know*-- again, that they *consciously know*-- they're spreading.

This makes no sense to me anymore. None. Zero. Attempting to damage someone's credibility or livelihood, in this case, could be linked *directly* to gay rights efforts, AS THAT'S HOW IT'S BEING USED, and *is literally* the basis for a lawsuit that could set a wonderful precedent.

The key is that they're deliberately, savagely lying,*and they know it*.

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Jan 9, 2010
fuzi wrote:
Christians lie. Their entire belief system is based on a lie, so lying comes naturally to them. Expecting them to not lie, expecting them to be as truthful as they claim, is OUR error. This example just adds more confirmation to my statement. Yeah, some of you will make the claim, "not all christians are like that" and to that I say, WHERE ARE THEY???? WHY ARE THEY SILENT?????
I love that you said this. I am starting, in my mind, to hold those "genuine christians" accountable. This has gone too far and they will stop at *nothing* to attempt to damage their fellow human beings. Therefore, like a rabid shrew, I will stop at *nothing* to hold them accountable for their slander and their lies.

Where are the wonderful, sparkling christians that are SO NICE? I mean, I know a tiny handful of them, that's about it. THEY'RE NOT A CONTINGENT.

PERIOD.

IF THEY WERE a contingent, YOU'D HEAR from them.

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Jan 9, 2010
Eaglefan9727 wrote:
<quoted text>
You never, ever, ever get it, they *DON'T CARE* about your rights anymore.

They *DO. NOT. CARE.* You took this too far and they don't care what *tangential* fallout is happening. Go fight for your own goddamn rights, if you're so concerned. Who *cares* about your gun.

It's not a matter of concern or lack of concern, people just don't *care* anymore. I can see what's happening, this doesn't take a brain surgeon. In the same way that conservatives *literally contradict themselves* and go to the courts in their obsession to retain marriage, gay and pro-gay people *are no longer concerned* with tangential matters on these issues.

You bring up a *NON-ISSUE*, plain and simple.

Scared about your gun rights?

Go. Fight. For. Them.

Then maybe you'll know how it feels. YOU will see firsthand how it is to have your rights *ripped* out of your hands and the person opposite you

NOT ONLY DID IT,

not only did it TO YOU,

but doesn't give a flying f*** how you feel about it.

It's about time you got some of the medicine. I'm gladder than you'd care to know.

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Jan 9, 2010
Stupid scumbags, if this means "gays are unstable and diseased," then logic iiiinstantly dictates that *heterosexual marriage must perish*. Plain and simple.

These people need to be sued.

So badly.

So badly.

So badly.

They claim this is a reflection on *gay people*? Wow, that means that the attempted assassination of any of a number of political figures *marks every straight person in America with their own blood on their foreheads as anti-American*. Same logic.

These people are sick and they need to be sued sooooo, so, so, so, so badly. I'm waiting for someone to *wake up and realize* it.
Eaglefan9727

Ashby, MA

#28 Jan 9, 2010
Rose wrote:
One has nothing to do with the other. And nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own a gun.
And guess what, nowhere in the Constitution does it say you have a right to a SSM.
Kyra wrote:
What, you love your gun as much as gay people love their would-be husbands and wives? Either you are seriously underestimating the emotion we're capable of or you're in desperate need of some therapy.
Did I say that I love my gun more than gay people. No I did not. Just another idiot trying to put words in my mouth.
rdg1234 wrote:
You never, ever, ever get it, they *DON'T CARE* about your rights anymore. They *DO. NOT. CARE.* You took this too far and they don't care what *tangential* fallout is happening. Go fight for your own goddamn rights, if you're so concerned. Who *cares* about your gun. It's not a matter of concern or lack of concern, people just don't *care* anymore. I can see what's happening, this doesn't take a brain surgeon. In the same way that conservatives *literally contradict themselves* and go to the courts in their obsession to retain marriage, gay and pro-gay people *are no longer concerned* with tangential matters on these issues. You bring up a *NON-ISSUE*, plain and simple. Scared about your gun rights? Go. Fight. For. Them.
Then maybe you'll know how it feels. YOU will see firsthand how it is to have your rights *ripped* out of your hands and the person opposite you NOT ONLY DID IT, not only did it TO YOU, but doesn't give a flying f*** how you feel about it. It's about time you got some of the medicine. I'm gladder than you'd care to know.
All I read is BLAH BLAH BLAH....The only people that took it too far is your community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite Its Controversial Republican Governor, ... Sep 21 YouDidntBuildThat 1
Bullying at Binghamton University (Apr '12) Sep 11 indict DOV ZAKHEIM 15
News Maine Governor Leaves Obscene Tirade on Lawmake... Aug 27 longtail 1
News Maine governor leaves obscene tirade on lawmake... Aug 27 Go Blue Forever 1
Hottest Newscaster in Maine (Aug '13) Jul '16 Jazzman 3
News News Minute: Here is the latest Maine, New Hamp... Apr '16 Lucy Anna Jane 1
News Two new charter schools tentatively approved in... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Robert Cameron 5

South Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Portland Mortgages