Review: Masala Mahal
Rip Off Store

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2008
Prices are way way too much. Not worth the time to go there.
JBR

Winthrop, ME

#2 Dec 6, 2008
Rip Off Store wrote:
Prices are way way too much. Not worth the time to go there.
EXORBITANT prices!!!!!!!!!!11
JPErdman

Augusta, ME

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Don't know where #1 and 2 shop to support their price comments. There are few sources of true Indian spices in Maine. Masala Mahal is the only one I've found. Yes, a few of the spices are available from the chain supermarkets, but they are truly exorbitant and available only in small amounts.
I found the prices reasonable, the store clean and well lit, and the staff quite knowledgeable. And above all they had all the hard to find Indian spices I was looking for. Many at bargain prices.
Worth a visit if your are interested in Indian cuisine.
Bobby

Bangor, ME

#4 Jun 16, 2009
Guys,

I used to drive down all the way to Massachusetts just to get some spices. If you think about this, you have to pay gas... look how high the gas prices are nowadays. You are still saving up money by buying it here.

Also, the trucking company bringing those stuff are not FREE. They are quite EXPENSIVE!

So no need to leave bad reviews on this new store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Portland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john peppercorn the prophet Oct 5 ProphecyShetHouse... 2
News What's at stake for Maine as Lewiston and Aubur... Sep 25 Steve 1
News Weird 59 mins ago 9:59 p.m.Ghostly, translucent... Sep '17 The Lone Stranger 3
News Man pleads guilty to smuggling, harboring illeg... Sep '17 tomin cali 1
Scott hamann Jul '17 Jeb 1
Hottest Newscaster in Maine (Aug '13) Jun '17 Gritty1 5
Pat Gilbride financial sorcerer of Ed Jones swi... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Patrick Gilbride ... 2

South Portland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Portland Mortgages