Dress Codes & New Rules at SPHS
titty sprinKLES

United States

#26 Aug 21, 2012
BUT RULES AREN'T FAIR AND JUNK! If I wanna text I should be able to, OH MY GOSH! Lol.
rights

Canal Winchester, OH

#27 Aug 21, 2012
wear uniforms and learn manners in school it will server you well in life
rights

Canal Winchester, OH

#28 Aug 21, 2012
hit the wrong key, it will serve you well in life
pointer mom

Butler, PA

#29 Aug 21, 2012
look i understand as a parent you think these rules are crazy and to much but you also have to understand where the school is coming from. You go to school to get an education and that is it, take advantage of all the education you can while its there. And to my understanding you can wear the skinny jeans as long as you have a fingertip length shirt. There is nothing wrong with having dress codes don't you think when you get a job that you will have to dress a certain way, the school now is just trying to prepare you for the future. There is always gonna be rules in life that you have to follow if you want to be a productive member of society, think about things on a larger future scale not just for the moment learn that early in life and it will help you in your future I promise.
Ashley Nichols

Chesapeake, OH

#30 Aug 21, 2012
These are the kind of things that really aggravate me. You are in school to learn. Yes, there's socializing. Yes, you can have fun. School is not a fashion show, however. And it definitely isn't a place you need to wear tight, revealing clothing. Yoga pants and skinny jeans? Really? If you are wearing yoga pants/leggings without a shirt/dress to cover up a large portion of you then you are just screaming "I want ALL the attention." But if you are respectable, that's not the kind of attention you want. You can wear whatever you want on your own time, kids, but if you are in school you have to abide by the rules or suffer the consequences. Do you think any decent job is going to let you prance in in hoochie mama shorts and a sequin halter top? Nope. You'll have to go by a dress code there as well. And if you don't follow the dress code where you work, you get fired. So here's my advice to you, "Get over it, and get used to it." You're all being ridiculous and whiny about stuff that seems to be common sense.
Connie preston

United States

#31 Aug 22, 2012
I think if girls can't wear these things or take a purse to school then make dam sure these guys wearing there pants down to where we can see there underwear should not be aloud and as far as there education I think the teachers should do more of teaching then letting the computers do it for them they need security at the doors so that every student needs to be scan for DRUGS that's the problem in our schools it's not the shinny jeans or the purses or mrs.shaw it's the DRUGS I think they should start with them first and they need to do a way with lockers to take school back the way it wus 20years ago I don't think no phones should be aloud in school from students or teachers
SP PARENT

Salt Rock, WV

#32 Aug 22, 2012
I agree with dress code. You can't count on parents anymore to not send their daughters to school looking like street walkers or their sons looking like they need a belt or pull their pants up.
The Big Boss Man

Huntington, IN

#33 Aug 22, 2012
SP PARENT wrote:
I agree with dress code. You can't count on parents anymore to not send their daughters to school looking like street walkers or their sons looking like they need a belt or pull their pants up.

Maybe they are practicing for thier future.
If you have to have "modesty" in writting, and people not only ignore it but protest agianst it, they`re not gonna grow up to be anything but a statistic somewhere on a police blotter. If it was me, I`d outlaw skinny jeans anyways. They`re just as f*cking stupid as any other fad passing through. The students will thank us when they look back to thier yearbooks 20 yrs from now. Skinny jeans is just another way to say "I`m waiting to be told what I think is cool next".

But in the defense of protesters though, I remember when I was told I can`t wear long coats or trench coats after Columbine. I had to carry my snub nosed 38 in my waist band, what exactly did that solve? Some rules are "just because I said so".
The Big Boss Man

Huntington, IN

#34 Aug 22, 2012
troy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true for school administrators too. Just educate us please.

You have a point. But it`s the fact you go to school. The school doesn`t go to you. Futher more in arguing in the context of ideology, teachers and admin staff in the board of education usually have to adopt a high standard of ethics even outside of school or they can be fired or their contract not renewed. I don`t hear anyone exempting teachers of thier asinine guidelines. Yeah I know one doesn`t or shouldn`t effect the other but if you are going to apply logic, do it in full context and be fair, not just on your end of the spectrum. Not only will it open a whole range of interesting conversation, you might make the leap from cry baby to philosopher or ideological terrorist.
The Big Boss Man

Huntington, IN

#35 Aug 22, 2012
Angry Student = "No purses? Do the EXPECT me to put my tampons in my pockets? Whatever I could be hiding in my purse I can easily hide in a pocket."

Things have changed alot since I was in school. Do they allow you to change your tampons in class now? I remember when people had to ask to go to the restroom to do such things. So do you carry a roll of toilet paper too? If only you had a small storage cubicle to secure personal items. Not alot of space of course, maybe a place to put afew items. I`ll ask and see if they can install such a container type storage space for all the students while I`m at it.
The Big Boss Man

Huntington, IN

#36 Aug 22, 2012
OMG wrote:
Believe me....It just depends WHO you are at that school! Had my share of Bullcrap.... If they want to act like a PRIVATE SCHOOL then they ought to wear uniforms. Then everyone would have the same thing on and there would be no problems, INCLUDING TEACHERS and MRS.SHAH....OH and the TEXTING, as if Teachers don't text too. PLEASE....
Yeah imagine that! Teachers and students have a different set of expectations! How awful!
It`s cute that a student is opening a dialoge for discussion based on opinions. But it`s sad that you`re obviously an adult trying to champion a cause as relevant as greasing your hair and turning the colar up on your best leather jacket. If you`re so upset about teachers and students having different rule books, maybe they shouldn`t then.
Jus sayen

United States

#37 Aug 22, 2012
Pull your pants up and there wouldn't be a dress code dumb a$$!!!
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#38 Aug 24, 2012
Jaw dropping wrote:
Sounds like some first world problems here. The travesty of justice shocks me to no end. I can't imagine how you kids survive the daily struggles of high school. Life has certainly grown to be hard and difficult. I would liken it to slavery or maybe even the apocolypse. I bet Rosa Parks herelf is shocked. You all hang in there and stay strong. Someone will come to your rescue.
You dont know anything revelant or remotely helpfull in any type of setting. Your sarcasm is off putting, and obviously dont care about students rights. Who do you expect to do the " rescuing"? Only they can help theirselves when its needed. Your probly a bummed out pissed off teacher or just a clueless conformist.
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#39 Aug 24, 2012
maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
We might be kids but these ignorant rules are totally unnecessary and must be changed. It is not disrespectful to stand up for yourself and your friends.
Right on kid. Your right and you know it. Its a great thing to stand up for your rights in a peacefull manor. Cause noone will do it for you. I see from reading some of these other posts, theres no care for what students think. Your opinions matter most.
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#40 Aug 24, 2012
whoa wrote:
<quoted text>
What harm becomes you by following these rules? I see a bigger harm in your demonstration to defy authority. You wi always have rules in life. What civil liberty have you lost?
What they can wear obviously. There is zero harm in defying authority especially when you know your right.
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#41 Aug 24, 2012
spres wrote:
<quoted text>
You show your immaturity by worrying more about your jeans than your education.
. Its not a matter of immaturity, or education. Can you stay on topic? You afraid of alternative ideas or do you just get off when you think your right. Its not your life or future, its the kids. The entire education system is no good anyway. Anyone that knows anything knows this. You should support their right to protest, as this is one of the fundamentals of a free society.
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#42 Aug 24, 2012
pointer mom wrote:
look i understand as a parent you think these rules are crazy and to much but you also have to understand where the school is coming from. You go to school to get an education and that is it, take advantage of all the education you can while its there. And to my understanding you can wear the skinny jeans as long as you have a fingertip length shirt. There is nothing wrong with having dress codes don't you think when you get a job that you will have to dress a certain way, the school now is just trying to prepare you for the future. There is always gonna be rules in life that you have to follow if you want to be a productive member of society, think about things on a larger future scale not just for the moment learn that early in life and it will help you in your future I promise.
People shouldnt be afraid or even hesitate to protest, whatever the reason may be. Yes, school is to learn, and they may or may not learn whats relevant. Restricting kids isnt the answer, let them be kids too. Are we in communist China? Is the principal a nazi or what? Starting to entertain that idea. Im sure all you parents had your little sit in protests and things of that sort when you were this age.
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#43 Aug 24, 2012
Ashley Nichols wrote:
These are the kind of things that really aggravate me. You are in school to learn. Yes, there's socializing. Yes, you can have fun. School is not a fashion show, however. And it definitely isn't a place you need to wear tight, revealing clothing. Yoga pants and skinny jeans? Really? If you are wearing yoga pants/leggings without a shirt/dress to cover up a large portion of you then you are just screaming "I want ALL the attention." But if you are respectable, that's not the kind of attention you want. You can wear whatever you want on your own time, kids, but if you are in school you have to abide by the rules or suffer the consequences. Do you think any decent job is going to let you prance in in hoochie mama shorts and a sequin halter top? Nope. You'll have to go by a dress code there as well. And if you don't follow the dress code where you work, you get fired. So here's my advice to you, "Get over it, and get used to it." You're all being ridiculous and whiny about stuff that seems to be common sense.
Sounds like you have a grudge with cloathing, as if you couldnt fit into anything revealing in high school. Fact is S.P treats the kids as property. Revolt!
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#44 Aug 24, 2012
Connie preston wrote:
I think if girls can't wear these things or take a purse to school then make dam sure these guys wearing there pants down to where we can see there underwear should not be aloud and as far as there education I think the teachers should do more of teaching then letting the computers do it for them they need security at the doors so that every student needs to be scan for DRUGS that's the problem in our schools it's not the shinny jeans or the purses or mrs.shaw it's the DRUGS I think they should start with them first and they need to do a way with lockers to take school back the way it wus 20years ago I don't think no phones should be aloud in school from students or teachers
I like how your mind works. Lolz
chuck

Youngstown, OH

#45 Aug 24, 2012
The Big Boss Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point. But it`s the fact you go to school. The school doesn`t go to you. Futher more in arguing in the context of ideology, teachers and admin staff in the board of education usually have to adopt a high standard of ethics even outside of school or they can be fired or their contract not renewed. I don`t hear anyone exempting teachers of thier asinine guidelines. Yeah I know one doesn`t or shouldn`t effect the other but if you are going to apply logic, do it in full context and be fair, not just on your end of the spectrum. Not on ly will it open a whole range of interesting conversation, you might make the leap from cry baby to philosopher or ideological terrorist.
Hahaha high standard of ethics, thats laughable. You work for the school sir, correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bryant's 3 hr Johnboy 11
Shawn Floyd 6 hr snickers 4
Bored in relationship any women feel same way 13 hr unknown6 9
Looking for women who suck & f*#% while husband... 23 hr Find out for your... 14
Football/Cheer Banquet Wed SPFBparent 1
Spms 7th gr math teacher Nov 20 Jim 1
Warren Steele Nov 17 curious 2

South Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Point Mortgages