south point youth football

south point youth football

Posted in the South Point Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

South Point, OH

#1 Aug 18, 2010
does anybody know if they have a game this saturday? if so who are they playing and where? thanks!!!
Pioneers

Huntington, WV

#2 Aug 18, 2010
Out Wayne. You all are coming over here to us this year.
wondering

South Point, OH

#3 Aug 18, 2010
what time does it start and is it a scrimmage or regular season game?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 18, 2010
wondering wrote:
what time does it start and is it a scrimmage or regular season game?
E Team games start at 10am, and then the D is after and so on so forth. They usually need to be there early for weigh ins.

Disclaimer: The fact I know this is common knowledge, however some poop stain of a human being will use their infinite investigative skills to link me to the Youth Sports League(s).

I figured I would just put that out there! hehehehe
wondering

South Point, OH

#5 Aug 18, 2010
thanks a--noid!!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 18, 2010
wondering wrote:
thanks a--noid!!!
No problem and FYI the parking OW is HORRIBLE...which is par for the course at a lot of fields, but Wayne is especially tough.
pointer mom

Youngstown, OH

#7 Aug 18, 2010
sp mom

Cochranton, PA

#8 Aug 19, 2010
i have been hearing that they now have time limits on practices and stuff like that is it true and where can i find out more info on it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 20, 2010
I don't know if there are any "time limits" on practices, but I found the following site where the Ohio Valley Youth Football Leage rules are located. Is the South Point Youth Football Governed by these rules? They have not issued 2010 rules yet, but what concerns me is the rule about teams must have players that live in the school district they attend. South Point pulls a lot of players in from Coal Grove and those kids attend the Coal Grove schools. Is this ok? Can anyone explain?

http://www.ovyfl.com/Rules.html
Football Dad

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2010
If that district doen't have their own football program, they may play for the next district closest to them like South Point or Ironton.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 20, 2010
Football Dad wrote:
If that district doen't have their own football program, they may play for the next district closest to them like South Point or Ironton.
Cool! Thanks for the info.
oh yeah

Utica, PA

#12 Aug 20, 2010
The SP youth leage is part of the Tri-State Youth Football League. I have heard of no such time limits on practices. And from my understanding, if the school is not in TSYFL, then yes, they can play for SP if they do not attend SP. SPYFL has NO affiliation with the local school system as does any other youth league around here

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#13 Aug 20, 2010
oh yeah wrote:
The SP youth leage is part of the Tri-State Youth Football League. I have heard of no such time limits on practices. And from my understanding, if the school is not in TSYFL, then yes, they can play for SP if they do not attend SP. SPYFL has NO affiliation with the local school system as does any other youth league around here
THANKS!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Aug 20, 2010
oh yeah wrote:
The SP youth leage is part of the Tri-State Youth Football League. I have heard of no such time limits on practices. And from my understanding, if the school is not in TSYFL, then yes, they can play for SP if they do not attend SP. SPYFL has NO affiliation with the local school system as does any other youth league around here
Can you clear this up for me? According to the rules for Tri State Youth Football, a play must be in the elementary school district they attend to play for a particular team (I think it is C 1.). However, some Coal Grove players play for the South Point league, but do not attend any of the South Point approved elementary schools. Does Coal Grove have a football league?

http://tsyfl.com/rule-book.html
oh yeah

Utica, PA

#15 Aug 20, 2010
Coal Grove does have a league but it is the Pop Warner league. I guess where the fuzzy lines of the CG/SP school district are, Tri State doesn't seem to have a problem with CG playing for SP. Kinda like DC and the Huntington Eagles
and

Salt Rock, WV

#16 Aug 20, 2010
At the initial League Meeting for TSYFL this year the league president said that players from ironton/coal grove can play for any team in the league. There are only about 3 or 4 kids playing at SP from coal grove. None from Ironton. So when you say SP pulls a lot of players from Coal Grove, you are wrong and just trying to cause drama as usual.

That also clears something up for me A--noid. That means you are involved in the youth sports league somehow. We'll see you at the field.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#17 Aug 20, 2010
and wrote:
At the initial League Meeting for TSYFL this year the league president said that players from ironton/coal grove can play for any team in the league. There are only about 3 or 4 kids playing at SP from coal grove. None from Ironton. So when you say SP pulls a lot of players from Coal Grove, you are wrong and just trying to cause drama as usual.
That also clears something up for me A--noid. That means you are involved in the youth sports league somehow. We'll see you at the field.
HAHA! I KNEW IT! You should have read comment #4 above. I figured it was a matter of time. You're probably going through your Facebook friends now thinking "hmmm...I think I got him!"

No, not looking for drama, just looking for answers. If So. Pt. can pull kids from other leagues in, I think that is awesome. After all, it's Coal Grove and Ironton, South Point will do those boys much much better. Plus I think there are a lot more than 3-4 as I understand it.
to A--noid

Huntington, WV

#18 Aug 25, 2010
I know you like to stir the pot, that's ok. No big deal. I can imagine the look on your face when you see the replies to some of your posts. There are some "believers" out there. They will never find you, unless Bill Gates himself comes and reveals your identity. And, it's highly unlikely that Bill Gates even knows that South Point, Ohio exists.

The rules on the TSYFL were from 1999. That's why they don't have all of the info yet.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 25, 2010
to A--noid wrote:
I know you like to stir the pot, that's ok. No big deal. I can imagine the look on your face when you see the replies to some of your posts. There are some "believers" out there. They will never find you, unless Bill Gates himself comes and reveals your identity. And, it's highly unlikely that Bill Gates even knows that South Point, Ohio exists.
The rules on the TSYFL were from 1999. That's why they don't have all of the info yet.
LOL! I do love to stir the pot on occassion, but honestly not doing that on this post.

Also, if you click that link, the rules are for 2010. However, I think it's great if we can recruit kids from sub-leagues that are surrounding us. Not opposed to it at all. Just looking out for my community, because some of the rules state you could forfeit your entire season for some violations. I would hate to see that happen when the actual regular season starts this weekend.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20 Aug 25, 2010
to A--noid wrote:
I know you like to stir the pot, that's ok. No big deal. I can imagine the look on your face when you see the replies to some of your posts. There are some "believers" out there. They will never find you, unless Bill Gates himself comes and reveals your identity. And, it's highly unlikely that Bill Gates even knows that South Point, Ohio exists.
The rules on the TSYFL were from 1999. That's why they don't have all of the info yet.
P.S. I mean "sub-par" leagues...after all, it's Coal Grove and Ironton! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Brown (Apr '15) Tue same 8
Craziest sexual experience (Jan '12) Tue Sara 23
Did Nick Blaylock get busted? (Mar '11) Tue nickblaylock 16
Chassity at clarks pump and shop Jan 16 Brite green 1
Tabitha Renee Coeyman (Apr '16) Jan 16 Please help others 29
Horrible moms Jan 16 Kids have feeling... 3
Shooting by Big Sandy sp Jan 16 Cotton candy 1

South Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Point Mortgages