South Point ,Ohio
The Bull

United States

#1 Sep 3, 2010
Why would anyone want to live in South Point, Ohio. I live in Maryland but have family that live in SOuth Point. So I got on topix and put South Points zip code in and all I have to say is WOW. Seems like thew only thing going on in South Point is drug dealing, A whole lot of Rats, and a bunch of people who like to talk shit on the internet about other people.
What is wrong with you people?Dont any of you people have jobs, how do you find so much free time to talk shit. If you people would spend as much time and energy trying to help your fellow neighbors instead of putting them down online and slandering them, it seems like you would have a better community.
I know I wouldnt want to raise a family in SOuth Point from what I have seen on here, Sounds like you people also operate on the GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM. Anyhow it's just a thought,
Just Saying

South Point, OH

#2 Sep 3, 2010
Well, keep yo ass in Maryland! It's not slander if it's true! We really don't give a rats ass of what you think!
Big Bad Bill

South Point, OH

#3 Sep 4, 2010
The Bull wrote:
So I got on topix and put South Points zip code in and all I have to say is WOW. Seems like thew only thing going on in South Point is drug dealing, A whole lot of Rats, and a bunch of people who like to talk shit on the internet about other people.
Seriously? You expected Topix to give you an accurate view of what's going on in South Point? That's just complete dumbfuckery on your part.

For the most part, this is a quiet and peaceful little town. We have our drama and our filth just like any other town. Unfortunately most of the illiterate dregs have nothing better to do than post their drivel on Topix.
qdd

Hadley, PA

#4 Sep 4, 2010
good post big bad bill. good perspective.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Sep 16, 2010
Honestly any one who thinks South Point is a quiet peaceful town just chooses to see what they want. drugs and fights and alot more go on everyday in sp some people just choose not to see it.
hss

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2010
I agree SP stinks!

Location hidden

#7 Sep 16, 2010
If you don't live in South Point, don't knock it! If you live in South Point and you don't like it, MOVE OUT!

Now that being said, South Point may have its problems, just like anywhere else. I'm sure Maryland has plenty there Mr. Bull. Perhaps some of us from South Point should find a city in Maryland and trash it because you have morons that live there and want to trash each other on some website. If you look at listings for Maryland, I'm sure you will find that somewhere in your state.

Big Bad Bill is right and you can't get an accurate view of an city OR person on Topix so don't ever try that one.

Yes 89alpha, there is a lot that goes on that shouldn't and that's why some of us on Topix is calling these people out and doing our best to stop some of it here and in the real world. And as for hss, if you think it "stinks" so bad, move somewhere else.

Since: Jul 10

Butler, PA

#8 Sep 16, 2010
You know, when I want to get accurate information on someone or some place. The first thing I do is get on Topix and get the facts. Everything that is on here is 100% true. So I live my entire life around what people are saying on Topix. How freaking dumb does that sound?

As far as living in South Point goes. I've lived in six states and several cities in each of those states, and I chose South Point over all of them. As a matter of fact, I would rather live in Iran than Maryland.

That's not to say I'm never moving again, but it's not a bad little town.
Dumbass

Brea, CA

#9 Sep 16, 2010
It's te same old thing no matter where u r people r idiots
Big Bad Bill

South Point, OH

#12 Sep 19, 2010
89alpha wrote:
Honestly any one who thinks South Point is a quiet peaceful town just chooses to see what they want. drugs and fights and alot more go on everyday in sp some people just choose not to see it.
I think it all depends on your point of view. You have much more crime, drugs, fighting, prostitution, etc. in Huntington, Ashland, and Ironton. So by virtue of being a small town, South Point is very quiet and peaceful.

Even if you compare it to other towns of about the same size, SP is no worse than the others. Sure, it's not Mayberry. But this isn't the 60s either. I think most of the drama in South Point takes place right here on Topix.
in the know

Ashland, KY

#13 Sep 19, 2010
Big Bad Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it all depends on your point of view. You have much more crime, drugs, fighting, prostitution, etc. in Huntington, Ashland, and Ironton. So by virtue of being a small town, South Point is very quiet and peaceful.
Even if you compare it to other towns of about the same size, SP is no worse than the others. Sure, it's not Mayberry. But this isn't the 60s either. I think most of the drama in South Point takes place right here on Topix.
I agree with you!

Location hidden

#14 Sep 24, 2010
Big Bad Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
verry true.
Ha ha

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2010
There is a reason y it's called MOUTH POINT this is y!! To Manu people running their mouths and can't keep your nose on ur face and outta peoples business! Guess what I grew up in sp graduated in 03 and ran away from that town just as quick as I could people there are self centered and ignorant when it comes to anything important and like in most cities if u have enough money u can buy ur way outta anything!! That's y there is so much drug use in that town pay em enough and they turn the other way or hell they'll probly join ya! Silly people MOUTHPOINT is for dummy's lol
LOL

Astoria, NY

#16 May 20, 2011
Looks like the majority views SP as a dump. I agree, I wanted to comment on Dumbass, the name fits your grammar, my condolences to you. You must have attended South Point High.
LOL

Astoria, NY

#17 May 20, 2011
89alpha wrote:
Right on 89 !!!!!
kabbott

Aurora, IL

#19 Dec 26, 2014
I'm trying to contact the Joe Freeman Bluegrass Band, but haven't had any luck. Do you know how to contact them?
Knows

Washington, DC

#20 Dec 27, 2014
The Bull wrote:
Why would anyone want to live in South Point, Ohio. I live in Maryland but have family that live in SOuth Point. So I got on topix and put South Points zip code in and all I have to say is WOW. Seems like thew only thing going on in South Point is drug dealing, A whole lot of Rats, and a bunch of people who like to talk shit on the internet about other people.
What is wrong with you people?Dont any of you people have jobs, how do you find so much free time to talk shit. If you people would spend as much time and energy trying to help your fellow neighbors instead of putting them down online and slandering them, it seems like you would have a better community.
I know I wouldnt want to raise a family in SOuth Point from what I have seen on here, Sounds like you people also operate on the GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM. Anyhow it's just a thought,
It used to be a nice place to live, now the drugs and trash have taken over. So thankful to be away
Anonymous

Foster, WV

#21 Jan 9, 2015
If you dont like south point then dont come to south point
Anonymous

Foster, WV

#22 Jan 9, 2015
I dont understand why everyone has to dis south point if you dont like south point then dont come to south point
UghhSeriously

United States

#23 Jan 10, 2015
So.. you get on the SP forum, bitch about people bitching online, and having nothing better to do. That makes total sense. Yes south point sucks for the most part, but every place has their problems. If you don't like it, then I suggest that you don't move here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farrin Runyon 15 hr Amber 3
ashley huff (Dec '08) 18 hr Katy 41
motorcycle handle bar law (May '11) 19 hr Uli 13
Kayla Keeney (Nov '12) Tue Know 16
Chesapeake KFC (Apr '15) Tue Meme 21
Drug bust Tue Who 2
DJ and Nikki Bryant at it again (May '14) Tue lol 91
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Point Mortgages