Local wildlife rehabilitator called to help in Gulf Coast crisis

Jun 19, 2010 Full story: KCBD-TV Lubbock

LUBBOCK, TX With the Gulf Coast oil crisis threatening the livelihood of many birds, turtles and other animals, some of the South Plains Wildlife Rehabilitation Center's volunteers have been called to go help.

Full Story
Caitlyn and Maria Toth

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jul 3, 2010
We are two teenage girls who are spending our summer collecting donations of Dawn to send to the Gulf. We have lined up a rescue organization to send it to, a freight company to take a tractor trailer filled to them, and have received nationwide media coverage. What started out to be what we thought would be a local collection has blossomed nationwide.

We have contacted DAWN (P&G) several with requests ranging from recognizing our efforts (which are increasing their profits SUBSTANTIALLY) or matching our contribution. All we get back is automated messages.

Please spread the word and message our Facebook page is sending - Help Us Help The Gulf Wildlife. And P&G, we still challenge you to match our collection!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South-Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... Aug '14 Jaleesa 256
Bob Mills Furniture hosting food drive for Sout... (Dec '13) Dec '13 OutOfPillows 1
Looking for RV Park (Sep '13) Sep '13 The Andersons 1
Anderson Brothers Jewelers Finders Keepers 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Teresa Cave 1
You can help (May '13) May '13 pink 1
New Deal engineers a new kind of fair (Apr '13) Apr '13 Illuminati 1
Los Lonely Boys are healthy, touring and eager ... (Oct '10) Nov '12 Hollabackatme 2
South-Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South-Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South-Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South-Plains

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:05 am PST