Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,181 - 15,200 of 21,387 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
POS

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16489
Dec 23, 2012
 
Nijoni wrote:
Wow, no judging hypocrites here. ALL backing a False Prophet and being so cozy in their judgements.
Christ brought a sword of division. Between believers and those who coddle their religion.
Those who back Fakes and those who claim Messiah.
None of YOU has the SHepherds Voice....
nuff said....enjoy your compromises.
Ok. enjoy your perfect life, Merry Christmas.
POS

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16490
Dec 23, 2012
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
I left out the part where she comes across as borderline illiterate. She often seems to have trouble composing complete sentences with recognizable structure and punctuation. She routine shows difficulty with comprehension by responding inappropriately to items posted by others. she does not interact well with peers at all. She routinely exhibits a superiority complex and is condescending and rude to others. She is socially inappropriate and lacks basic skills needed to successfully engage in any mutually satisfying relationships except with others who exhibit similar dysfunctions.
Wow, she couldn't even except kindness. As you could see, I was just trying to have a rational conversation. Oh well.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16491
Dec 23, 2012
 
POS wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, she couldn't even except kindness. As you could see, I was just trying to have a rational conversation. Oh well.
And a valiant effort it was, but trying to be rational with her is like trying to treat a virus with antibiotics.
joleen

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16494
Dec 31, 2012
 
The GOP, is the worst its ever been.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16496
Dec 31, 2012
 
joleen wrote:
The GOP, is the worst its ever been.
The GOP....needs to adapt....a bit, at least..

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16497
Jan 1, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The GOP....needs to adapt....a bit, at least..
It's really bad news in political science circles for the GOP.
To make a extremely long story short their alienation of hispanic americans have severly harmed them electoral college wise. Even adapting a more immigrant friendly ideology in the presidental election didn't help them and in the long run it looks like Florida may be becoming a blue state permanently instead of a battleground state.

With such a large state becoming for the foreseeable future democrat it badly hurts republican chances in future presidental elections. It'd be like if democrats lost california level of bad news for the GOP.

It is far too late politically for them recover in the long run.

What is even more bad news for the GOP is that it seems as though the country as a whole is becoming more and more liberal with the majority of americans on average being pro-glbt rights, pro legalizing pot, pro higher taxes for the wealthy

Say hello to a democrat president 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032 and so on for decades to come cause I do not see how they can recover politically.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16498
Jan 1, 2013
 
maybe a user wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really bad news in political science circles for the GOP.
To make a extremely long story short their alienation of hispanic americans have severly harmed them electoral college wise. Even adapting a more immigrant friendly ideology in the presidental election didn't help them and in the long run it looks like Florida may be becoming a blue state permanently instead of a battleground state.
With such a large state becoming for the foreseeable future democrat it badly hurts republican chances in future presidental elections. It'd be like if democrats lost california level of bad news for the GOP.
It is far too late politically for them recover in the long run.
What is even more bad news for the GOP is that it seems as though the country as a whole is becoming more and more liberal with the majority of americans on average being pro-glbt rights, pro legalizing pot, pro higher taxes for the wealthy
Say hello to a democrat president 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032 and so on for decades to come cause I do not see how they can recover politically.
Say hello to no freedom and the "New World Order" because this dumbed down society is incapable of thinking like Americans. Instead, they would rather
think like Democrats and Republicans.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16499
Jan 1, 2013
 
joleen wrote:
The GOP, is the worst its ever been.
And the authoritarian scumbags in charge now are better?.
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16500
Jan 1, 2013
 
it must be lonely on the fiscal sliff....
yooflungpoo

La Porte, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16501
Jan 1, 2013
 
oops fiscal cliff.....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16502
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say hello to no freedom and the "New World Order" because this dumbed down society is incapable of thinking like Americans. Instead, they would rather
think like Democrats and Republicans.
The scenario that's playing out is why I oppose the electoral college and instead wish we had a direct election instead.

All it takes for any party to for a long time create a political strangehold on the presidency is to swoon enough big states and you will be running practically unopposed.

We're looking at another "era of good feelings". While the term sounds like something you would want in reality what happened was that during the time the federalist party collapsed.

Obviously the republican party isn't going to collapse any time soon. What is probably going to happen is that they're going to try and adapt more and more liberal voters to try and get some of the states to come back their way, a ultimately futile effort though.

The reason being is that in order to win back florida and such they're going to have to alienate their key central demographic of conservatives.

If they do try and garner more voters then conservatives lose. If they try to remain true to conservative values then the republican party loses. Either way Democrats have won.

I may be a independent, but I sure don't want a system where one party runs pretty much unopposed in the presidency.

It gets even worse. If what I'm proposing does happen then in the long run as the supreme court justices retire or die(some of them are getting pretty old, no offence) more and more liberal justices will be put into office.

What this is probably going to look like in the long run is in 2014 the democrats get about 10 more seats. 2016 they not only win the presidency, but curb stomp republicans in congress. 2018 they win a few more seats. 2020 we have a super majority democrats in the house, senate, have a democrat president and a majority of democrats in the supreme court.

Again I am a independent. The only reason why I don't support a support the scenario I am putting forth is on the principle that I do not support one party governments. I'm not conservative or liberal or such, I just do not support one party governments.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16503
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

maybe a user wrote:
<quoted text>
The scenario that's playing out is why I oppose the electoral college and instead wish we had a direct election instead.
All it takes for any party to for a long time create a political strangehold on the presidency is to swoon enough big states and you will be running practically unopposed.
We're looking at another "era of good feelings". While the term sounds like something you would want in reality what happened was that during the time the federalist party collapsed.
Obviously the republican party isn't going to collapse any time soon. What is probably going to happen is that they're going to try and adapt more and more liberal voters to try and get some of the states to come back their way, a ultimately futile effort though.
The reason being is that in order to win back florida and such they're going to have to alienate their key central demographic of conservatives.
If they do try and garner more voters then conservatives lose. If they try to remain true to conservative values then the republican party loses. Either way Democrats have won.
I may be a independent, but I sure don't want a system where one party runs pretty much unopposed in the presidency.
It gets even worse. If what I'm proposing does happen then in the long run as the supreme court justices retire or die(some of them are getting pretty old, no offence) more and more liberal justices will be put into office.
What this is probably going to look like in the long run is in 2014 the democrats get about 10 more seats. 2016 they not only win the presidency, but curb stomp republicans in congress. 2018 they win a few more seats. 2020 we have a super majority democrats in the house, senate, have a democrat president and a majority of democrats in the supreme court.
Again I am a independent. The only reason why I don't support a support the scenario I am putting forth is on the principle that I do not support one party governments. I'm not conservative or liberal or such, I just do not support one party governments.
Well, it sure looks like we have a one party government now. Both parties are nothing more than a bunch of self serving parasites.
This country is finished.
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16504
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it sure looks like we have a one party government now. Both parties are nothing more than a bunch of self serving parasites.
This country is finished.
You said a mouthful.
After the made for TV theatrics are done for the day the party lines disappear and they have a ball compliments of our sweat.
Amazing how a couple freebies keep the masses in line.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16505
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The present Democratic Party is equivalent to the Republican Party of the 1990s.

It's common to predict the demise of political parties. This election was more about the rejection of the Teabagger idiots than a rejection of conservative Republican fiscal policies.

As long as the GOP allows Teabaggers to highjack the party, they will continue to lose ground.
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16506
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hezekiah wrote:
The present Democratic Party is equivalent to the Republican Party of the 1990s.
It's common to predict the demise of political parties. This election was more about the rejection of the Teabagger idiots than a rejection of conservative Republican fiscal policies.
As long as the GOP allows Teabaggers to highjack the party, they will continue to lose ground.
Shows once again the power of the media.
The tea party is the exact opposite of how liberals depict them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16507
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hezekiah wrote:
The present Democratic Party is equivalent to the Republican Party of the 1990s.
It's common to predict the demise of political parties. This election was more about the rejection of the Teabagger idiots than a rejection of conservative Republican fiscal policies.
As long as the GOP allows Teabaggers to highjack the party, they will continue to lose ground.
It is already too late. The political damage has been done, because the republican party's approval rating is plummeting like a rock.

It is like trying to grab a parachute after you already jumped from a plane without one in hand.
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16508
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

maybe a user wrote:
<quoted text>
It is already too late. The political damage has been done, because the republican party's approval rating is plummeting like a rock.
It is like trying to grab a parachute after you already jumped from a plane without one in hand.
You're gonna die either way if you're waiting for a Democrat to throw you a chute.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16509
Jan 1, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows once again the power of the media.
The tea party is the exact opposite of how liberals depict them.
Care to give an example of any misconception about the Tea Party?
Are they pro-union? Do they care about teacher pay and classroom size in public schools? Do they care about dwindling wages and bloated defense spending? How about punishing the crooks and liars that run Wall Street?

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16510
Jan 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows once again the power of the media.
The tea party is the exact opposite of how liberals depict them.
Usually how your enemy depicts you... is the opposite of what you are.

I've been fighting corruption in my hometown now for for years... and they have been depicting me as a bad, evil, criminal the whole time... when the only people who should fear me are the corrupt themselves.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16511
Jan 1, 2013
 
Hezekiah wrote:
The present Democratic Party is equivalent to the Republican Party of the 1990s.
It's common to predict the demise of political parties. This election was more about the rejection of the Teabagger idiots than a rejection of conservative Republican fiscal policies.
As long as the GOP allows Teabaggers to highjack the party, they will continue to lose ground.
YOUR party was hijacked by a bunch of Red Diaper Babies just like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

South-Plains Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South-Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

South-Plains News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South-Plains
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••