Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 711)

Showing posts 14,201 - 14,220 of21,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Xyz

Edna, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

:)
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

WACO 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> They are checking your link from North Carolina.They like the tech info.
Good. I also liked the part about Marley woodchuck hunting. I used to have a 6mm Remington that I used on woodchucks. With my handloads, I could consistently get a cloverleaf group at 100 yards with a tripod.

If memory serves me correctly, I was using 65 grain Sierra boat tails at about 3500 FPS. Out of all other loads, this one worked the best in that rifle.

post-election ride

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Dow Jones Industrial Average in March 2009 (less than 2 months after Obama took office):
Dow Jones Industrial Average in October 2012:
The stock market has been propped up by the feds for some time now (really since QE2).

It's like artifical ventilation. The patient looks likes he's breathing (good numbers), but he isn't breathing on his own.

S & P has many times peaked just before recessions hit. It's really unreliable as a "leading indicator."

Facts are Obamacare now = massive layoffs. Real unemployment, inflation, and GDP are where you take the patient's pulse. Read those and weep.

&P has often peaked just before a recession.
rebel

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Texas secede! No more Damn Yankees and and no more overstepping federal government!
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Fran I do not like Bush, but he did not start our involvement around the world. As I said it basicly started with WWI then WWII then Korea, then Viet Nam, and now the Middle East. I hate to break the news to you Heavy Fed you have been wasting your breath, time, and effort responding to me, ignorant people like you sway none, other than ignorant people like themself. Buy you for what you are worth, then sell you for what you think you are worth and become independently wealthy. And if Obama were to blow you up; charge him with murder and be rid of you both: I like it.
WACO 1909

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. I also liked the part about Marley woodchuck hunting. I used to have a 6mm Remington that I used on woodchucks. With my handloads, I could consistently get a cloverleaf group at 100 yards with a tripod.
If memory serves me correctly, I was using 65 grain Sierra boat tails at about 3500 FPS. Out of all other loads, this one worked the best in that rifle.
That's awfully fast.I like the 6mm.
WACO 1909

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

rebel wrote:
Texas secede! No more Damn Yankees and and no more overstepping federal government!
Almost ready..
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

30.06 or 30 30.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Texan wrote:
30.06 or 30 30.
A good lever action 30.30 .....
FRAN

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Texan wrote:
Fran I do not like Bush, but he did not start our involvement around the world. As I said it basicly started with WWI then WWII then Korea, then Viet Nam, and now the Middle East. I hate to break the news to you Heavy Fed you have been wasting your breath, time, and effort responding to me, ignorant people like you sway none, other than ignorant people like themself. Buy you for what you are worth, then sell you for what you think you are worth and become independently wealthy. And if Obama were to blow you up; charge him with murder and be rid of you both: I like it.
I would recommend you look at what Bush called his policies regarding terrorism and preemption. This is what changed from WW2
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

There is no need to look at what the Shrub called anything, nor do the things that changed alter the FACT that TWO WORLD WARS were and are the MAIN REASON for American involvement around the world. I have told you I do not like BUSH and do believe that he was and is the most incompetent person to ever sit in the White House. His incompetence is why we now have Obama in the Oval Office. BUT he IS NOT the reason that America is so totaly involved around the world. I would hold him accountable for a good many things that are wrong even now, but that my dear is not one of them.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

I have been out of town for several days now, and catching up at one time gives me a different perspective. It is funny how we all go back about democrats vs Republicans and statistics vs statistics and what is whose fault. Its like a family who has the mortgage company at the door with an auction about to begin, and everyone is fighting over whether it's mom's fault or dad's fault and everyone is fighting over what color to paint the kitchen.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Well just go back out of town and don't worry about it.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
I have been out of town for several days now, and catching up at one time gives me a different perspective. It is funny how we all go back about democrats vs Republicans and statistics vs statistics and what is whose fault. Its like a family who has the mortgage company at the door with an auction about to begin, and everyone is fighting over whether it's mom's fault or dad's fault and everyone is fighting over what color to paint the kitchen.
I too am seeing the futility of the seemingly fruitless hours of bickering that goes on here... but I feel every now and then I get a little chance to pass on a bit of my worldly wisdom that I have accumulated over my years of difficult and complicated travel and experience with different people and different cultures.

Every now and then I have great answers to difficult and complicated questions... and one day... SOMEONE... SOMEWHERE is going to be asking that question... and they are going to put it in a search engine... and POW... there will be my answer!

Followed by...

www.HeavyFed.com

Plus, if by some chance I am able to achieve the things I am setting out to achieve, my thousands of posts will be a treasure trove of interesting thoughts tidbits of my development... and a tribute to the triumph of humanity.

I'm making history here... believe it or not.

www.HeavyFed.com
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> A good lever action 30.30 .....
Lately, I've been into the rifle/revolver combo. I like the idea of eleven rounds of .44 mag in a brush rifle, especially around hogs and an additional six in the revolver.

I had a Marlin 336C 30-30 that I wish I had never gotten rid of.
But when I hunted in bear and moose country, I always liked the 30-06 a lot more.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Texan wrote:
Well just go back out of town and don't worry about it.
First off, I dont whose a$$hole you climbed out of to appear here, but fsuck off. I say what I want. Disagree if you want, but if you want to be an @ss I will shred you like like last year's bank records. Our country is a household gone wrong. Goto is in the bathroom worrying about whether or not the new owner will let her clean her wretched vagina out, the gay uncle is worried about whether or not they will let him sleep in the same room with his partner, the adopted foreign kids are worried about keeping their free ride as is the freeloading welfare queen sister in law, etc. When, in fact, the new owners won't give a crap and will promptly get rid of whatever they want to. Our house is bankrupt without a $20k fresh going musical group contest to save us.
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

test

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus, if by some chance I am able to achieve the things I am setting out to achieve, my thousands of posts will be a treasure trove of interesting thoughts tidbits of my development... and a tribute to the triumph of humanity.
You do have a good sense of humor.
Zero Sum Gain

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lately, I've been into the rifle/revolver combo. I like the idea of eleven rounds of .44 mag in a brush rifle, especially around hogs and an additional six in the revolver.
I had a Marlin 336C 30-30 that I wish I had never gotten rid of.
But when I hunted in bear and moose country, I always liked the 30-06 a lot more.
To say the least!
Zero Sum Gain

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
I too am seeing the futility of the seemingly fruitless hours of bickering that goes on here... but I feel every now and then I get a little chance to pass on a bit of my worldly wisdom that I have accumulated over my years of difficult and complicated travel and experience with different people and different cultures.
Every now and then I have great answers to difficult and complicated questions... and one day... SOMEONE... SOMEWHERE is going to be asking that question... and they are going to put it in a search engine... and POW... there will be my answer!
Followed by...
www.HeavyFed.com
www.HeavyFed.com
Schizophrenia is a bummer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 14,201 - 14,220 of21,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South-Plains Discussions

Search the South-Plains Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Defiant1 16,783
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 8 Texan 719
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 639
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 382
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 707
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 328
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 6 think 569
•••
•••
•••
•••

South-Plains Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South-Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE