speeding on Maple Ave. in South Plain...

speeding on Maple Ave. in South Plainfield

Posted in the South Plainfield Forum

Leigh

South Plainfield, NJ

#1 Jan 12, 2012
I've lived on Maple Ave. for approximately 13 years now and am in the process of selling my home. I've had people back out of offers when they see all the speeders zooming down our street. Why is there a posted 25 mph limit when no one adheres to it? I've seen people speeding as much as 50 mph, and I've had people tailgate me when I'm driving down my street doing 25 to 30 mph, making obscene hand gestures at me or passing me over double yellow lines. I don't know why the local police don't put speed traps on my street because they could make alot of money for the town with all the tickets that would be issued to the speeders. Many years back I attended town meetings and was told that speed bumps on Maple Ave. would cause accidents but doesn't speeding cause accidents too? I notice alot of side streets have speed bumps now, but I wonder how people who live on the side streets would feel if I was driving 50 mph down their street. They probably wouldn't like it just like I don't like people speeding down my street. I wish the town would really do something about this problem short of me standing in the middle of the road with a "SLOW DOWN" sign in my hand!
making it work

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Jan 13, 2012
Leigh wrote:
I've lived on Maple Ave. for approximately 13 years now and am in the process of selling my home. I've had people back out of offers when they see all the speeders zooming down our street. Why is there a posted 25 mph limit when no one adheres to it? I've seen people speeding as much as 50 mph, and I've had people tailgate me when I'm driving down my street doing 25 to 30 mph, making obscene hand gestures at me or passing me over double yellow lines. I don't know why the local police don't put speed traps on my street because they could make alot of money for the town with all the tickets that would be issued to the speeders. Many years back I attended town meetings and was told that speed bumps on Maple Ave. would cause accidents but doesn't speeding cause accidents too? I notice alot of side streets have speed bumps now, but I wonder how people who live on the side streets would feel if I was driving 50 mph down their street. They probably wouldn't like it just like I don't like people speeding down my street. I wish the town would really do something about this problem short of me standing in the middle of the road with a "SLOW DOWN" sign in my hand!
I agree
try harder

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2012
Someone could try harder to make them slow down
Leigh

South Plainfield, NJ

#4 Jan 13, 2012
I was told at the town meeting that "I would get a ticket before anyone else because I live on the street and drive on it more often". How's that sound? Kind of like a threat? I'd have to be speeding to get a ticket buddy. My street is also a county road, so the town said it's the county's problem, and the county said it's the town's problem. Yes, "someone" could try harder to make them slow down, "someone" being the police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Plainfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rafail's Heating, Cooling & Appliance,LLC (May '13) 16 hr rafail 3
News One-Man 'Rabbi for Trump' Dumps The Donald Afte... Feb 8 Daniel Jackson 4
Metuchen in Snow Storm Jan 28 AlaskaGolden 3
News In Edison, like elsewhere, complaints abound ov... Jan 26 force 1
News Pagan's MC Member Sentenced to 28 Years (Dec '07) Jan 23 2wheel life 780
Del Ennis (Mongo) Weatherly (Jul '13) Jan 23 2wheel life 3
TV Show Coming To South Plainfield! Jan 21 hopefloats 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Plainfield Mortgages