New Pirate coach has been hired today.

Posted in the South Pittsburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Orange and Black

South Pittsburg, TN

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Charles Fant of Notre Dame. Good hire, really turned the Irish program around.
Orange and Black

South Pittsburg, TN

#2 Jan 17, 2013
By the way Vic said he wanted to keep it quiet and he did just that. He and Fant have a long standing relationship and that may have played into it. Some on his search committee were leaning elsewhere but Fant's interview really blew them away. The announcement will be out a little later today.
SingleWing

Lookout Mountain, GA

#3 Jan 17, 2013
I think it should go to Wesley Stone, he has put more into the program thn anyone else in the last few years.
Orange and Black

South Pittsburg, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Nothing against Wesley, I think he needs a few more years though. He will be a good head coach one day.
I know

Cleveland, TN

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Fant will be SP's first black HC.
PantherTiger

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Jan 17, 2013
You don't have enough money to get Eric. An it won't be Fant either. Wait and see!!!
OracleofDelphi

Chattanooga, TN

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Why would Fant leave Notre Dame to come to SP? He is at a better school, making more money with better facilities and infastructure. Doesn't make sense to me!!!!
Orange and Black

South Pittsburg, TN

#10 Jan 18, 2013
OracleofDelphi wrote:
Why would Fant leave Notre Dame to come to SP? He is at a better school, making more money with better facilities and infastructure. Doesn't make sense to me!!!!
Better support, more resources and a chance to win titles.
OracleofDelphi

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Better support more resources at SP than Notre Dame?????? Dude you are the biggest idiot to hit the street since Goofy Garner.
in the know

Jasper, TN

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Ricky Ross from Calhoun, GA.
46on2now

South Pittsburg, TN

#13 Jan 18, 2013
OracleofDelphi wrote:
Better support more resources at SP than Notre Dame?????? Dude you are the biggest idiot to hit the street since Goofy Garner.
lets watch it with the idiot statements.everyones got their own idea.just like yours i could call u the same but will not even though i agree with him not u.Pitt has some of the most loyal and demanding fans in the state and resources have NEVER been a problem.I would even venture to say that Pitt has more TALENT in this small town of 3000 people than most towns with 15000.they just reload with Skill position players every year...He would be coming 2 a team that will be in the position to go 2 state again this year with the RIGHT coach..is HE that coach?I do not know but it has not been announced that anyone has been hired...WE want a coach that looks at this as their Dream job so if its not his......look elsewhere
46on2now

South Pittsburg, TN

#14 Jan 18, 2013
PantherTiger wrote:
You don't have enough money to get Eric.
then WHY did he submit an app.?just asking
Ray Dillard

Cartersville, GA

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Orange and Black let me ask you a question. Why would you make this web site when that Grider Man has not announced anything? What kinda mess is this? You think I'm joking but I'm not.
Rusty Martin

Antioch, TN

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Norte Dame has better fan support than S.P.? Have you fallen and bumped your head?
Old Pirate

Mcdonald, TN

#17 Jan 19, 2013
Shut up Rusty and go back to sniffing jock straps.Hurry up and get me a towel,
pretty-n-pink

United States

#18 Jan 20, 2013
It is the Ross from Calhoun, Georgia. He's turned the program around there, and have made it to state last couple of years.
hootch

United States

#19 Jan 21, 2013
He isn't the head man at calhoun, right?
Warrior Pride Never Died

South Pittsburg, TN

#20 Jan 22, 2013
hootch wrote:
He isn't the head man at calhoun, right?
No, he's the defensive coordinator there. He's married to a Marion County girl though so he we know he has some sense about him. If he goes to South Pitt he may lose some however.
lookie

Harrison, TN

#21 Jan 22, 2013
SingleWing wrote:
I think it should go to Wesley Stone, he has put more into the program thn anyone else in the last few years.
Him and his brother both were two of the oddest and weirdest kids I ever saw.
Rusty Martin

Antioch, TN

#22 Jan 22, 2013
Old pirate: See previous comment: "Have you fallen and bumped your head?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica Nance 15 hr Right 19
City meeting 16 hr MAGA 15
holly keef turner (Sep '13) 19 hr haters r losers 22
Light silver Toyota fj Cruiser.... Fri Need to Know 5
Crystal dawn (Sep '16) Fri Crystal dawn 11
Planet of the Vapes Nov 15 Heather 7
Drugs Nov 15 Yesem 22

South Pittsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance