Wilmington, NC

#1 Jan 22, 2013
I wish someone would start an investigation into the Princess Theatre money! I'm sure Killian added his pockets along with others! hust like the 750,000 missing in the city funds!! if most of this city's people knew that the cost of fixing up the little princess theater was 3. 5,000,000... yes that's Million!! there is no way!!!! they could have built a movie theater for less than that.... unbelievable Acura up this town was under Killian
hog head

Jasper, TN

#2 Jan 22, 2013
Proofread people, proofread.

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jan 30, 2013
I thought the Princess Theatre was rebuilt using private funds raised by the S.P. Historical Society, with possibly some help from Cornbread Festival donated money. Wouldn't be surprised if some Government Grant money wasn't involved also. Hard to believe 3.5 million has been spent on this project.

South Pittsburg, TN

#4 Feb 2, 2013
All the projects involving Historic buildings are priced 2 times higher than New buildings.the thing i dont get is they tore the entire thing down except the front and i dont see very much money going into the front.thats at least 2.5 times as much as it should have been.needed a Rec. center to keep the young kids minds off the street life and help keep this lazy town in shape.Total waste of money!just because the people in town with the OLD money want to re dream their childhoods when they went to movies there they sink MILLIONS in many families could have been given a helping hand to get back on their feet.Turn loose of some of this money that our fathers and uncles and then WE have MADE for you busting our butts every day at your foundaries and such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adderall 8 hr Hates hillbillies 2
skating ring in kimball (Apr '16) 8 hr Hates hillbillies 4
hiring thieves and drug dealers 8 hr Hates hillbillies 3
Drugs in our town call them out 8 hr Hates hillbillies 20
Adam warren Tue Golight 6
Robert Robinson and Tyrone Robsinson (Dec '15) Oct 20 Bill 44
the music thread (Mar '12) Oct 20 Musikologist 24

South Pittsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance