Roger Tant Missing in MC
HinkyItIs

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Aug 5, 2012
Has anyone thought about Texas Equisearch. It's what they do and I think they will allow locals help them. They use horses and lots of folks around here got horses.
We care

Jasper, TN

#24 Aug 5, 2012
a1ok - obviously you work for the police dept/county. You think it is low to suggest Pat is paying someone off? What is low is that she nor her daughter ever reported it. It wouldn't be the first time someone has bee paid off. How do you expect to find any evidence if you don't look? Anyone that knows anything about criminal's at all knows that there is no "perfect" crime. But you can't find the evidence if you don' look.
Whatabout

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Aug 6, 2012
Has anyone thought about Texas Equisearch?
a1ok

Trenton, GA

#26 Aug 7, 2012
sorry no i dont work for the police. i look at any situation in a rational way. look for the easy route from point a to point b. that is allways how it works. allways. in this case ill break it down for you, using common reasoning.
the police have looked, they have found zero, zilc, nota. unless they do then theres no crime.
ok, to say pat is paying off someone is saying she is guilty of something, so are you the judge and jury to decide this ? you have the evidence to support your theory ? this evidence you have will hold up in court im sure, correct ? if not then you are throwing out derogatory comments about her. so unless you are with holding evidence the police would need,then you are assuming guilt on circumstances alone. now with this attitude you are presenting you can rest assured you would not make it on a jury. your ideal is guilty until proven innocent. sorry but that is not what our great country was built on. im not here to sling mud, im here only because you and i and all of us do not know the truth yet. but we have mud slingers on here ready to tar and feather without any trace of evidence. i dont go for that. until there is solid proof of wrong doing not speculation then we all are in the dark. just a reminder today Gabriel Nagy missing 23 years out of the blue appears, google it. im sure if topics was around in 1987 his family would have been drug threw the mud also. so yes saying whats been said about the tant family before any proof is as low as you an go , without any knowledge of what happened. i dont mean to step on any of your toes, only want to put this in the big light.
resident

Jasper, TN

#27 Aug 7, 2012
a1ok wrote:
sorry no i dont work for the police. i look at any situation in a rational way. look for the easy route from point a to point b. that is allways how it works. allways. in this case ill break it down for you, using common reasoning.
the police have looked, they have found zero, zilc, nota. unless they do then theres no crime.
ok, to say pat is paying off someone is saying she is guilty of something, so are you the judge and jury to decide this ? you have the evidence to support your theory ? this evidence you have will hold up in court im sure, correct ? if not then you are throwing out derogatory comments about her. so unless you are with holding evidence the police would need,then you are assuming guilt on circumstances alone. now with this attitude you are presenting you can rest assured you would not make it on a jury. your ideal is guilty until proven innocent. sorry but that is not what our great country was built on. im not here to sling mud, im here only because you and i and all of us do not know the truth yet. but we have mud slingers on here ready to tar and feather without any trace of evidence. i dont go for that. until there is solid proof of wrong doing not speculation then we all are in the dark. just a reminder today Gabriel Nagy missing 23 years out of the blue appears, google it. im sure if topics was around in 1987 his family would have been drug threw the mud also. so yes saying whats been said about the tant family before any proof is as low as you an go , without any knowledge of what happened. i dont mean to step on any of your toes, only want to put this in the big light.
I think on the record with greta van susteren needs to come to South Pittsburg.
jennifer dixon

Dalton, GA

#28 Aug 8, 2012
verilyisay wrote:
i just cannot believe that so little is being reported on this disappearance. Is this Mary Ellen (Pete's) son? If so, I know that there was another girl (maybe Helen?. I saw the last post mentioned Mexico so maybe he just wanted to start another life? Anyway, I hope the man is okay and I say a prayer for the family.
roger whould not be in contact with his sister connie i grew up with roger and i know better than that and he is a good man.
jennifer dixon

Dalton, GA

#29 Aug 8, 2012
We care wrote:
In other words either Roger is not worth their time, or his wife is paying them off. The evidence is there if anyone would look. And their are other people besides his wife and daughter that know what happened. Have they even questioned the daugher's boyfriend? Does the TBI not have any resources? It says that they are part of the investigation. If she's not guilty, why didn't she or her daughter report him missing? My opinion - guilty as the day is long. Just saying..
his wife's father is a judge so do the math and when they do find roger and they will the rat's and that is more than one they say the money is the problem let the reader's start a fund for roger.and i can tell you ther will not be anymore the county does not have the money READERS LET US START THE FUNDS ROLLING IN FOR ROGER.
Joey

Ooltewah, TN

#30 Aug 8, 2012
a1ok wrote:
the police have looked, they have found zero, zilc, nota. unless they do then theres no crime.......
We don't know if the police have any evidence of a crime or not. I doubt they would tell the newspaper reporters everything. The Wife and daughter's lack of action on this has to make them suspects. They were questioned, right? Are they doing anything to help locate Roger. I haven't heard about any effort on their part. Pat's lack of action to locate Roger, and her failure to report him missing points suspicion squarely at her. Personally I feel its only a matter of time, hopefully soon, before we here that Pat's been arrested.
jenny

Dalton, GA

#31 Aug 9, 2012
this is bull we all want more reponce tothis case ad there needs to be more done is there a reward for roger and if there is we all need to add to it to find roger it is to go to his sister or him when he is found since he has his WIFE KNOWS where he is and her FATHER JUDGE SWAFFORD does to.
Sickofthebs

United States

#32 Aug 9, 2012
It appears to anyone right off hand that the wife had something to do with it. I mean why else would she have the chicken houses tore down and hauled off. And everything else leveled and and big holes filled in on the property. All the evidence was destroyed or hauled off or burned..I'm just saying.if the water is wet, don't drink it.
bullcrap

Nashville, TN

#33 Aug 10, 2012
Roger is the Biggest and best Chicken Fighter in the U.S. he wont the World Championship in 98 and won 700,000 he doesnt even sell his Roosters in America. Argentina!!!! why would you leave your wallet, truck , Money, everything behind.....
concerned

Jasper, TN

#34 Aug 10, 2012
Really his wife not reporting it, having everything done on the property, you have to admit that would be a place to start. Investigations always start with the spouse as of her guilt we don't know but it is all to suspicious to me.
Whatever

Charleston, TN

#35 Aug 10, 2012
bullcrap wrote:
Roger is the Biggest and best Chicken Fighter in the U.S. he wont the World Championship in 98 and won 700,000 he doesnt even sell his Roosters in America. Argentina!!!! why would you leave your wallet, truck , Money, everything behind.....
This sounds like B.S. how can you win 700,000 fighting chickens? Smells like bull sheet to me. Argentina my azz. just saying
Henry

Ringgold, GA

#36 Aug 11, 2012
Probably an exageration but the money to be made in that business can be staggering. Roger had top quality roosters. That's why this sudden disapperance is disturbing. Why would an individual just suddenly up and walk away from a life time work, family, friends.......don't make any sense. Pat has some explaining to do and I'd sure like to hear her story. Wonder how long before she sells out and leaves the area?
we care

Jasper, TN

#37 Aug 11, 2012
Couple of things to address - jenny - Pat's father was not Judge Swafford, she was a Troxell from South Pittsburg. Whatever - Don't know how much money he made, but do know he sold his chickens all over the world. He told me that he sold them in Mexico, Hawaii, Phillipines, etc. As for Pat, if she is not guilty, she needs to be talking to the authorities and act like she cares that he is gone. Surprised she hasn't already left the mountain. I agree with Henry, just wonder how long it will take.
Ismellarat
#38 Aug 16, 2012
IMHO she has offed her husband. I am also a spouse of a roosterman. The fowl take alit of time and energy they become a mans life. I know several roostermen who would choose their roosters over Thier women anyway. These men do not just walk away from all that hard work they have put in. And the fact that she killed all the fowl and tried to make it as if they were never there makes it very suspicious to me. Sounds like she should be prime suspect. And why oh why would she not report him missing.
Andy

Whitwell, TN

#39 Aug 20, 2012
Ismellarat wrote:
IMHO she has offed her husband. I am also a spouse of a roosterman. The fowl take alit of time and energy they become a mans life. I know several roostermen who would choose their roosters over Thier women anyway. These men do not just walk away from all that hard work they have put in. And the fact that she killed all the fowl and tried to make it as if they were never there makes it very suspicious to me. Sounds like she should be prime suspect. And why oh why would she not report him missing.
Right. Dont let this die. Keep up the pressure on these B's. One or both no something. they will crack sometime. I bet one's already thinking of making some kind of deal. i hope both are thinking that anyway. When a body shows up games over. It will show up girls. think about it.
wondering

South Pittsburg, TN

#40 Aug 21, 2012
Just wondering if they took an inventory of his guns and if one was missing.I know for a fact he was like me he carried a pistol even on his own property,his favorite was his s/w 5906,he had a colt ar 15 hbar,rossi stainless 38,colt combat comander,colt 25,sks,thousands of rounds of ammunition,list went on.He loved weapons..some was gave to him from family he would not leave them behind.if fowl play was involved and a low life did it that pistol would be sold and in circulation.
HAHA

South Pittsburg, TN

#41 Aug 26, 2012
anybody here any thing?
wondering

South Pittsburg, TN

#42 Aug 26, 2012
Why is this not getting national media attention,A man does not just vanish!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SP chief of police 8 hr Watson 5
Some people 16 hr DILLIGAF 4
Cwhite snake (Jan '16) Jul 27 One day I will se... 5
Lost cat Jul 27 DILLIGAF 3
Drones Jul 27 Rick James 4
Does anyone know Carla shiflett and her family? Jul 25 Truth 4
Corrupt Marion County Justice System Jul 24 Anonymous 1

South Pittsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance