Cat Bohanan attacked by Pit Bull

Posted in the South Pittsburg Forum

SP Local

Chattanooga, TN

#1 Nov 9, 2010
Does anyone know how she is. I heard she was attacked by a family members pit while trying to get it off a child?
bla bla bla

Jasper, TN

#2 Nov 9, 2010
Thats awful! South Pittsburg needs to start enforcing the law on Pit Bulls!
Class Mate

Chattanooga, TN

#3 Nov 11, 2010
Yeah I heard about that too. I think she is ok. I saw her in Walmart a week or two ago. Just glad she didnt get killed. They need to do something with those dogs. They Shouldnt be around kids at all.
Nathan Ables

United States

#4 Dec 29, 2010
bsl's are bullshit. she could have gotten bit by and kind of dog and there wouldnt be anything said. i know for a fact that tony has raised some great dogs. dont start that shit that all pit bulls are dangerous. all of the dogs i have had i would have let any kids play with. its all about how u raise your dogs. any dog can be vicious if backed in a corner or scared. dumbasses like you are the reason people are scared and breed specific laws even exist.
Tessela

Jasper, TN

#5 Dec 29, 2010
no matter what kind of dog someone has it could snap anytime and i know ppl with pit tht are the most loving animal u would ever see. the temperment of a dog depends on the handler. the way one raises a dog thts how it will act.
Rusty Martin

Nashville, TN

#6 Dec 29, 2010
As an animal control officer in Nashville, I have found PBT's to mirror their owner. Treat them kindly and they will love you forever. Mistreat them and you had better watch out. I am a firm believer in the old adage," Punish the deed.... not the breed!!!"
Smith and Jones

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2010
Rusty Martin wrote:
As an animal control officer in Nashville, I have found PBT's to mirror their owner. Treat them kindly and they will love you forever. Mistreat them and you had better watch out. I am a firm believer in the old adage," Punish the deed.... not the breed!!!"
Only problem with that is, if you're "punishing the deed", that generally means some unfortunate person is likely dead, severely mauled, bitten or simply scared crazy. Yes, I've been around PB's that were "good dogs", playful and even affectionate. I don't trust any of them; most people feel the same way. They're potentially dangerous, even the well cared for pets. A friend of mine had his hand nearly chewed off by his own PB, one he raised from a pup. It attacked a neighbors dog, he tried to restrain it and it turned on him. I don't care how anyone tries to justify these animals, a family pet shouldn't gnaw your limbs off for any reason. This particular "pet" had to be killed to get him off his owner. Some pet. Imagine what would have happened to a child who was in the same situation. The state regulates dangerous wild animals as pets, why not dangerous, ticking time bomb dogs as well. Pit Bull attacks nation wide arn't an unncommon event. These attacks will continue, some by "he would never hurt anyone" perfect pets, until something is done to get them out of society alltogether. Can't come quick enough for me. Defend them all you want, they're dangerous and unpredictable. Its been proven way too much already.
imasmartazz

Jasper, TN

#8 Dec 31, 2010
I heard she bit that dog back, did anyone else hear that?
Rusty Martin

Nashville, TN

#9 Jan 1, 2011
How about better humans as pet owners?
kipper

Ringgold, GA

#10 Jan 1, 2011
Rusty Martin wrote:
hey rusty are they hireing any more control officers by any chance i need a job BAD man and god knows this lil crap hole of a town aint got squat in the way of a job but shaw and i would rather cut an inch off of my you know what as to work them.
cooter brown

Rossville, GA

#11 Jan 23, 2011
kipper wrote:
<quoted text>hey rusty are they hireing any more control officers by any chance i need a job BAD man and god knows this lil crap hole of a town aint got squat in the way of a job but shaw and i would rather cut an inch off of my you know what as to work them.
HEY RUSTY! YOU WERE ASKED A QUESTION!
now you are so good at runnin your big over rounded pie hole about everything else on this board i wanna see you answer this question boy.
OMG

United States

#12 Apr 7, 2011
OMG Rusty, poor Nashville, YOU'RE pet control...? LMBO. What a joke. Really, Rusty, you have yourself in alittle bit of everything, don't you? Put a "cork" in it.
Rusty Martin

Nashville, TN

#13 Apr 7, 2011
Kipper, got 2 positions open in Nashville. Come put an appliction in.

Cooter, I missed the ???? can u run it by me 1 more time! I will try and answer.

OMG, yes I'm animal control in Nashville! It's a dog's world , ain't it. LOL!!!!
local

Chattanooga, TN

#14 Apr 11, 2011
cat lives in bport and has pitts of her own which stay tied to a tree all day everyday and are a bag of bones no wonder she is getting attacked by dogs when she is married to a drug dealer and as far as dogs go i own a pittbull that lives in my house and plays with my 5yr old child its not the dog its the owner most people who own pitts teach them to be that way cause in most cases i think it makes them feel powerful and more of a man to have a vicious dog people like that are the reason this breed is so feared just like it was said above any dog can bite or attacked when abused and taught it has to fight to survive
Kat Brizendine

Chattanooga, TN

#15 Apr 11, 2011
WOW word spreads fast yuh? Yeah my dog is at the top of my yard on a trolley.... yeah he is skinny because he is sick and is having to take medicine. I take care of my dogs and have vet bills to prove it. He is old as hell. And NO Tony isn’t a drug dealer.... you just jealous that you aint got the SHIT that we got.... It wasn’t my dog that attacked me BITCH. And I never said that Pitt Bulls where bad dogs. If I thought that I wouldn’t have mine. BUT I am not stupid enough to have a Pitt around my kids in a damn house; you never know what can happen. I am living proof of that. And why you running your mouth I beat that dog off a 5 year boy.... I saved is life and Bitch I would do it again in a minute if I had too. So keep running your mouth... I beat you wouldn’t say that shit to my face..... You know where I live ...come on!

“New to Tennessee”

Since: Apr 11

Michigan

#16 Apr 11, 2011
As a former breeder of pitbulls and staffordshire terriers...I can attest to the fact that it's all in how the person/people either do OR DON'T treat/train the animal. Also, if the dog is brought up in a stressed, high energy house there are good chances it may at some point develop anxiety issues. Dogs are not vicious just to be so. Their temperment is based slightly on bloodlines..however mostly on learned behavior. If you use intimidation, trying to appear as billy bad-ass with a pitty....your dog will most likely be a lost cause. If you treat it like a lazy lap dog in a calm household, it will be....just a few pointers. The issue isn't the breed...it's the people...same with guns.
Rusty

Nashville, TN

#17 Apr 11, 2011
well said!!

“New to Tennessee”

Since: Apr 11

Michigan

#18 Apr 11, 2011
Rusty wrote:
well said!!
I am biased. I do have a soft spot for the breed. With that let me say I am not PRO pitty..but I am PRO RESPONSIBILITY. With handling bully breeds you have to know where your dog is at all times, what it's doing, what keeps it happy and healthy and it is wholly your responsibility as a conscientuous human being to not take on the breed as a dog owner if you can not handle the possible consequences. Be prepared to have people ask to buy the dog(or steal it). Be prepared to have people ask you idiotic questions like whether or not you train the dog to fight.... Be prepared to have people say they won't come over or bring their kids over. Be prepared to have your homeowner's insurance either deny insurance or threaten to cut off your policy. Be prepared to have your rental landlord tell you to get rid of the animal and worse situation possible, be prepared to quarantine the animal for ten days and then euthanize it in case it has bitten someone. Be prapared to have the neighbor kids yell, pull at and taunt your dog while not understanding the possible outcome. The worst thing you can do is bring a dog into your life and cause it undue stress by having to remove it from the home. This will almost certainly have a negative effect. Being a family pet you, obviously don't want to get rid of him/her and before you know it, you're jacking up it's defenses by making him uncomfortable. Hopefully you KNOW and TRUST who you give the dog to. Unfotunately a lot of people want dogs as a status symbol or to intimidate. These are the people who don't deserve to have a high maintenance dog and give them a bad reputation. The breed should not be outlawed. The owners should be screened and have to take responsibility classes. Pitbulls historically were bred and used as farm dogs...pulling. Keep it that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pittsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Softball pitching Lessons (Mar '13) 8 hr lmitchell 6
Looking for men 8 hr no thanks 2
Swingers Mon Jack 11
where is alice paige parker raulston APB Mar 1 Mike 4
Please help Feb 28 Lookingforthatone 1
Wayne Jordan for cheif Feb 28 pituful 4
Jamey Lyle Feb 28 WarriorPride 12

Winter Storm Watch for Marion County was issued at March 03 at 9:42PM CST

South Pittsburg Dating
Find my Match