South Pasadena to embark on $4.3 million improvement project for Fair Oaks Avenue

With the completion of the Long Beach Freeway still just a pipe dream, officials are moving forward with a more realistic project to improve traffic flow through the city. Full Story
Why

Monrovia, CA

#1 Oct 14, 2010
SP is so anti traffic, so why spending millions on fixing roads? restore dirt roads and get rid of non SP users from using their streets. Dont waste money.
Andy K

AOL

#2 Oct 14, 2010
It is difficult to believe that this will speed up traffic. Most of the projects result in slowing traffic, that seems to be the agenda. To date projects have not been efficient, brick crossways patched with asphalt, trees decorated with lights, that burn out and are not replaced, new bike lanes painted on a street broken by tree roots and now repaved 3 months later.
True Freedom

Pasadena, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2010
Wait! I thought building high density housing was supposed to get everyone out of their cars and walking everywhere?

Oh yeah.. it doesn't work. It just makes everything, including the streets, more crowded.

Way to go.
kvl

Duarte, CA

#4 Oct 15, 2010
One of the first steps would be to increase the speed limit and synchronize the lights to accommodate that. Then they need to ban parking during rush hour so there's an extra lane of traffic. But of course, South Pas won't do that. They're so anti-traffic that they'd probably permanently reduce the number of lanes on Fair Oaks instead.
OMGosh

Duarte, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2010
"... for the $4.3 million project, which is being funded by the 1998 Rogan Bill, Metro, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, and city money."
This money was funded back in 1998? I guess the city was able to milk enough interest and then milk more "research" and then 12 years later the project starts? Well I guess we tax payers should be grateful after all, they are doing it for us (with our TAX dollars).
Sounds like more fleecing of America... or American Tax Paying Citizens. Maybe the city needs more cars to pass by so they can issue more tickets which is $$ to the general funds (but they are really saving lives)?
I thought

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2011
I thought South Pasadena does a pretty good job of being fiscally responsible. Or am I mistaken?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 25 min Trojan 27,582
Top Designer Bags ,Luxury Bags From China Factory. 37 min luxury handbags 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Tina Kauffman 16,009
Southwest Sucks Now (Feb '13) 8 hr oh well 11
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Chuck 19,285
Albertsons out (Jul '08) 19 hr Mr Lucky 37
Juan P. Garcia-Machado, Illegal Immigrant and S... (Aug '11) 21 hr Lanalei Uman 110

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at September 30 at 12:52PM PDT

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating

more search filters

less search filters

South Pasadena Jobs

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]