Juan Matis Adobe in Montebello to hol...

Juan Matis Adobe in Montebello to hold Childrens Day

There are 1 comment on the Whittier Daily News story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Juan Matis Adobe in Montebello to hold Childrens Day. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

The Juan Matias Adobe is the oldest house in Montebello and has been owned by some key historic players of the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“Hilltop Park Above All”

Since: Sep 08

Montebello, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2013
I saw this on the WDN website, and repost it here:

----------

As often is the case, the WDN can't get the name spelled right. It is the Juan MATIAS Sanchez Adobe. Also, a little research would let the reporter know that the ONLY reason that the Adobe is not a national or state historic site is that its main qualification, the type of construction, has been wrecked by unwise non-period modifications to the structure made over the objections of those who wanted to preserve the Adobe as an historical edifice, rather than converting it to a very nice museum that doesn't bear any resemblance to its original appearance.

This choice of usefulness over historical preservation makes it a very nice place for children and tourists to visit, but destroyed its main chance to become an historic site. If it's to be a historic site, then it has to be preserved, not converted into a modern building.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funnyman Patton Oswalt Murdered Wife? 4 hr Peter 8
News Unfounded fears of shooting at LAX create panic... 4 hr typical LA softies 1
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 5 hr Duece Boy2 207
Trump 5 hr Never 1
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 5 hr Robert 3,179
News Long Beach man pleads no contest in student's m... (Sep '09) Mon You are all stupid 45
Possible coyote in South Pasadena (Jun '08) May '16 ggg 32

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages