Azusa Unified dedicates new CNG fueli...

Azusa Unified dedicates new CNG fueling station

There are 11 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Jul 24, 2010, titled Azusa Unified dedicates new CNG fueling station. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A fueling station and new fleet of buses will cut Azusa Unified's fuel costs in half, decrease carbon emissions and curb health hazards for students, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Duh

Perris, CA

#1 Jul 25, 2010
Well let's see...I beleive the correct Frick working at AUSD is Bradley Frick. There is a Curtis Frick but he would be an Assistant Superintendent at Bonita Unified School District. It was a good try though Maritza.
Peaches

San Dimas, CA

#2 Jul 25, 2010
okay, here's another issue, let consentrate on saving classes and employment for educators so that all these "invested cng" fueled vehicle really get put to good use!!! Something to think about A.U.S.D.

“The Ravaged Canyon City”

Since: Feb 10

Azusa

#3 Jul 25, 2010
Sounds like a good thing to me.
fred flintstone

Gardena, CA

#4 Jul 26, 2010
What Ever Happened to WALKING TO SCHOOL
are the Special People That Special and they Complain about Kid's Being Over Weight.
we walked 4 miles each way.
maybe the Bus Drivers Unions Won't Let the Kids Walk
fred flintstone

Gardena, CA

#5 Jul 26, 2010
Peaches wrote:
okay, here's another issue, let consentrate on saving classes and employment for educators so that all these "invested cng" fueled vehicle really get put to good use!!! Something to think about A.U.S.D.
Schools are Closing and You Want to WHAT SAVE CLASSES
Lets do it on YOUR DIME tired of being TAXED TO DEATH for EDUCATION and the kids Still can't Do Simple Math
Commom Sense IS NOT

Ontario, CA

#6 Jul 26, 2010
fred flintstone wrote:
What Ever Happened to WALKING TO SCHOOL
are the Special People That Special and they Complain about Kid's Being Over Weight.
we walked 4 miles each way.
maybe the Bus Drivers Unions Won't Let the Kids Walk
Busses are not just used to transport to and from school, they are for field trips, sport events, etc. The children transported to amd from school are Special Needs Children...so not even from this district...part of SELPA. Most kids do either walk to school or are taken by a parent.
Larry King

Ontario, CA

#7 Jul 26, 2010
That is a Great thing to see,Schools helping envirement,Kids etc. Great!!!
David

Claremont, CA

#8 Jul 26, 2010
onsidering the financial crisis we are still in, I still say it was a good investment in part of AUSD. Could the $52,000 have been spent wiser, not really. Sure thats a teacher's annual salary, but considering that AUSD's cost was only a fraction of the $350,000 total bill, why not. AUSD investment consist of a one time, non-reoccuring expense with some promising long term enviromental benefits. As for those knocking the kids who take the bus, lets give those credit for walking to the bus stop. They are actually helping keep the air cleaner. The guilty ones are those kids and parents who are being dropped off at school everyday. If each of those would take the bus, or even cosider walking for a change, the air would be even cleaner and schools less traffic congested. Lets leave the commute for school staff and others with a real need to drive. I remember both walking and occasionally taking the bus to school, but I cant remember ever seeing the school streets and parking lots so infested by vehicles dropping off kids one by one every morning.
David

Claremont, CA

#9 Jul 26, 2010
Considering the financial crisis we are still in, I still say it was a good investment in part of AUSD. Could the $52,000 have been spent wiser, not really. Sure thats a teacher's annual salary, but considering that AUSD's cost was only a fraction of the $350,000 total bill, why not. AUSD investment consist of a one time, non-reoccuring expense with some promising long term enviromental benefits. As for those knocking the kids who take the bus, lets give those credit for walking to the bus stop. They are actually helping keep the air cleaner. The guilty ones are those kids and parents who are being dropped off at school everyday. If each of those would take the bus, or even cosider walking for a change, the air would be even cleaner and schools less traffic congested. Lets leave the commute for school staff and others with a real need to drive. I remember both walking and occasionally taking the bus to school, but I cant remember ever seeing the school streets and parking lots so infested by vehicles dropping off kids one by one every morning.
Slider Slim

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Jul 26, 2010
Duh wrote:
Well let's see...I beleive the correct Frick working at AUSD is Bradley Frick. There is a Curtis Frick but he would be an Assistant Superintendent at Bonita Unified School District. It was a good try though Maritza.
**our right Curtis is at Bonita, We call him Curtis Dick, because that's just what he is !**
Covina Resident

Perris, CA

#11 Jul 26, 2010
David wrote:
onsidering the financial crisis we are still in, I still say it was a good investment in part of AUSD. Could the $52,000 have been spent wiser, not really. Sure thats a teacher's annual salary, but considering that AUSD's cost was only a fraction of the $350,000 total bill, why not. AUSD investment consist of a one time, non-reoccuring expense with some promising long term enviromental benefits. As for those knocking the kids who take the bus, lets give those credit for walking to the bus stop. They are actually helping keep the air cleaner. The guilty ones are those kids and parents who are being dropped off at school everyday. If each of those would take the bus, or even cosider walking for a change, the air would be even cleaner and schools less traffic congested. Lets leave the commute for school staff and others with a real need to drive. I remember both walking and occasionally taking the bus to school, but I cant remember ever seeing the school streets and parking lots so infested by vehicles dropping off kids one by one every morning.
Finally someone thinking smart. I agree...I used to live on a side street off Enid across from Gladstone High. That area is so infested with morning traffic, it would take forever to get out. The parents were so afraid of letting a car in front of them it was ridiculous. Also, the kids crossing the street on Arrow Hwy and Enid is ridiculous. No courtesy at all for those trying to make a right turn onto Arrow off Enid. Spoiled are most. I'm sure mine were included...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 33 min Jose 20,982
Topix Posters Are Wierdos 1 hr secret Asian man 1
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 2 hr spud 560
pain relief 3 hr Greg 1
pain relief 3 hr Greg 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr And phart 33,426
If your brains were half the size of your mouth... 8 hr Cancer Jack 7

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages