Irwindale officials charged for taking lavish New York trips

There are 20 comments on the Oct 27, 2010, San Gabriel Valley Tribune story titled Irwindale officials charged for taking lavish New York trips. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Irwindale City Councilman Mark Breceda, left, and former Irwindale City Councilwoman Rosemary Ramirez, second from right, appear in Department 30 to face charges of misappropriation of public funds in at the Criminal Courts building in downtown Los Angeles on October 27, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
boss

Duarte, CA

#1 Oct 27, 2010
Is it me or does Mark Breceda (aka Marcos Berrera) have a look on his face like this is all a big joke???
West Covina Resd

Duarte, CA

#2 Oct 27, 2010
Maybe he visted his buddies restuarant "Mariscos" and a drink or two before the arraignment.
Anacleto

Arcadia, CA

#3 Oct 27, 2010
Ha Ha, See you at "Mariscos Urapan" with your fat brother drinking a beer after your sentence. Ha Ha you are a complete thief hopefully they break your sorry ass off for this one. Say by by to your reputation " the people of Irwandale hate your guts now for sure. Adios amigo!!!
sgvgirl

Menifee, CA

#4 Oct 27, 2010
boss wrote:
Is it me or does Mark Breceda (aka Marcos Berrera) have a look on his face like this is all a big joke???
I sure did. He's probably been crooked for such a long time that he's rationalized the whole thing in his mind. He's delusional if he thinks he's not going to do time.
UncleTax

West Covina, CA

#5 Oct 27, 2010
Only a couple hundred thousand lost to good times? I'm sure many council members and past management staff have syphoned off millions over the past 60 years since the City was incorporated.
CLOWN

La Puente, CA

#6 Oct 27, 2010
This is a perfect example of why we need smaller goverment. people look to goverment as their savior and for handouts....
MrZZZZZZ

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Oct 27, 2010
All restaurant bills should be made public for everyone to see, what they actually ate vs what they drank. Under the Freedom of Information Act the City of Irwindale should make them public at once. And everyone should know what they did after hours. How about interviewing the Limo drivers to see what they have to offer in the way of conduct by a city official.
naomi

Gardena, CA

#8 Oct 27, 2010
we the common people need to be up in arms - these people are no better than the thieves who steal your identity or burglarize your home. i'm sure i speak for a lot of people when i say i have to work hard for my money and i don't appreciate elected officials just stealing it. i don't think any of todays elected officials are afraid of the people anymore because they know we wont' do anything. wake up everybody!!! i hate to run this old cliche by you, but if you don't stand up for something, you'll fall for anything.
lapuente_so sad

Covina, CA

#9 Oct 27, 2010
wake up and smell the coffee, every city is courupt, why do the residents act like this is a surprise, ive seen ceos, chief of police, and other city officials take the city vehicles home, wtf is that, using city vehicles for lesiure? after hours, or trying to save on gas. why should they be excempt? hard earn tax money........ every city needs to start showing their books and see what the tax payer money is really going..........
lapuente_so sad

Covina, CA

#10 Oct 27, 2010
so it to the DA about 3 yrs to figure this out what about the surranding cities.. every in coucil members know who is courupt....and they SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THEY WILL BE CAUGHT, NO MATTER IF THREE YRS DOWN THE LINE..I WANT TO THANK THE WRITTER FOR DOING A GREAT JOB, AND SHE SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO THE BOOKS AT OTHER CITIES SURRANDING IRWINDALE,THEY HAVE A THING OR TWO UP THEIR SLEEVE ...... JUST LOOK
Rudy

West Covina, CA

#11 Oct 27, 2010
West Covina Gang of Four,.you're next.
reader

Burbank, CA

#12 Oct 28, 2010
this joshiphine doesnt have any problem with using irwindale freebies maybe she should get a broom and start loking for dirt in her own city of azusa there could be plenty there i think that overall the past and present council have been doing a great job for the citizens of irwindale keep up the good work, and you others stop the witchhunt, or do you have the holloween viruis
STREETS IS TALKING Mark

West Covina, CA

#13 Oct 28, 2010
Ok have any of u guys seen Mark Breceda house? i mean actually seen it for what it is... his house is so lavish.. i personally know he has imported tile from Italy! that's just the beginning plus all his fancy cars....Dudes a joke!! AND A DRUNK... WHAT A CROOK!!!! LOSER MAN
get the facts

Covina, CA

#14 Oct 28, 2010
Breceda's Moma lives in Irwindales low income senior assisted living center. Thats right we are paying her rent even though according to public records, she is a co owner of R R and M truck parking.
alert citizen

La Puente, CA

#15 Oct 28, 2010
Is the City of la Puente, nex? Please, take a look...
concerned citizen

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#16 Oct 28, 2010
Many city council members and upper management in other cities do this ALL THE TIME. Their justification is always the same--they are doing it for the sake of the citizens of their town and they are on legitimate city business. Golf games, limousines, expensive wine and cocktails, lavish dinners, expensive hotel rooms, rides on the Napa Wine Train, sporting events, plays, the list is long and repetitive. I have seen this with my own eyes as I used to get this information of council spending from the city clerk every month. They justified all of these expenses as doing city business and many council members and administrative staff continue to do this in many cities all over America. The state attorney general needs to prevent this at once.
SIMPLE MAN

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Oct 28, 2010
Irwindale had a city position open in 1998, I went to apply and the clerk told me " I will give you a application but don't count on getting hired we usually only hire residents of our city" WTF why would they have in the classifieds in the Tribune paper then? Right then and there i new the city was filled with evil workers. Years later I met a man named AL he was a reserve officer who was related to the mayor,sat at the same table with those drunks with ALs kid, i couldn't believe they're behavior just old stupid CHOLOS who thought they were gangsters from the movies..
West Covina Citizen

San Dimas, CA

#18 Oct 28, 2010
Rudy wrote:
West Covina Gang of Four,.you're next.
AMEN
lol

La Verne, CA

#19 Oct 28, 2010
Gotta love Vernindale
anonymous

Huntington Beach, CA

#20 Oct 28, 2010
I've known of Mark and seen him around many local establishments. He is always drunk and throwing his cash around like some big shot. He thinks by throwing his cash around, gives him the right to act obnoxious and like a fool! I've seen it happen many times. In my opinion He is an Idiot. I am glad he was caught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,632
News Montebello City Council votes 3-2 to give city ... 8 hr anonymous 86
Did Jack Hadjinian Lie? 11 hr 42 yr North Mtb r... 27
Meeting at Quiet Cannon Today? 12 hr Wonder Why 26
News Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) 14 hr Fatty2 274
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 14 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,522
End Run Around Montebello Voters by Legislature 15 hr Concerned Bystander 41
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]