San Pedro man sentenced, released for...

San Pedro man sentenced, released for time served, faces more c...

There are 28 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Mar 11, 2010, titled San Pedro man sentenced, released for time served, faces more c.... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

However, Andrew Trejo, 29, was not placed in custody because he had served enough time in jail already - even though he has a new assault case pending.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bobby

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 12, 2010
was he one of them rancho nikkas???
rich b

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#2 Mar 12, 2010
Anyone wanna bet this guy doesn't make it back to court? I'm giving odds. No wonder our streets have become killing fields when the courts let a guy like this back out with a "new assault case pending". Then again maybe he felt he was "disrespected" and the shootings were justified.
MLD- Wilmington

North Hollywood, CA

#3 Mar 12, 2010
This POS, along with all the other career criminals & gang members need to be shipped off to replace our service men and women who are risking their lives in war torn countries, fighting wars that have no end.
This POS is definitely skilled with a gun, so let him put those skills to good use overseas and bring home our service men & women; they don't need to keep dying overseas by suicide bombers or hostile insurgents.
Puzzled

Pico Rivera, CA

#4 Mar 12, 2010
MLD- Wilmington wrote:
This POS, along with all the other career criminals & gang members need to be shipped off to replace our service men and women who are risking their lives in war torn countries, fighting wars that have no end.
This POS is definitely skilled with a gun, so let him put those skills to good use overseas and bring home our service men & women; they don't need to keep dying overseas by suicide bombers or hostile insurgents.
This is craziest post I've ever read. Who will command a battalion of murdering marauders?

As a retired Army NCO I find this opinion insulting to those who serve and have served. It places criminals on the same playing field as honorable and courageous soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors.

Don't ever mention my brothers and sisters in the same sentence with criminals again.

Hooah! Ranger for life!
In the Know

Norwalk, CA

#6 Mar 12, 2010
rich b wrote:
Anyone wanna bet this guy doesn't make it back to court? I'm giving odds. No wonder our streets have become killing fields when the courts let a guy like this back out with a "new assault case pending". Then again maybe he felt he was "disrespected" and the shootings were justified.
If you want to blame someone, don't blame the courts, they are following the procedures and the law as set forth by the liberal California voters and ACLU type groups. The judges can only do what they can do, but thanks to lawyers, bad guys get out early or off all together all the time. Thanks California!
John Q Public

Laurel, MD

#7 Mar 12, 2010
What a travesty of justice! This killer gets away with murder, is out on bond awaiting sentencing, commits another violent crime and is allowed to remain free!!! The criminal justice system in LA has failed!! God forbid that someone else is killed or seriously injured while this criminal is out on the street awaiting his "scheduled" court appearance.
Oh NO

Redondo Beach, CA

#8 Mar 12, 2010
Puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>
This is craziest post I've ever read. Who will command a battalion of murdering marauders?
As a retired Army NCO I find this opinion insulting to those who serve and have served. It places criminals on the same playing field as honorable and courageous soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors.
Don't ever mention my brothers and sisters in the same sentence with criminals again.
Hooah! Ranger for life!
u do kno thats what they did in Vietnam
shawna

Marysville, CA

#9 Mar 12, 2010
Are you Freaking kidding me? The world now officially sucks!!!!!! Michaels mother does not get to see him or talk to him anymore, so why do the people who took his life away still get to enjoy theirs. An eye for an eye, you kill, you should be killed. We as people need to do something to make our laws more for the victims and their families instead of being for the criminals that are nothing but a waste of our resources, natural or otherwise. Stick them all on an island and then blow the damn island up!!!!!!!!!!
rmorales

Huntington Beach, CA

#10 Mar 12, 2010
What is it gonna take to keep Trejo off the street? This man conributed to taking the life of a promising young man and seriously injuring 2 other people and is out on our streets only to cause more hurt and distruction. I am a close friend of the Gutierrez family and it is horrible when good people have to suffer for the poor actions and upbringing of others.
Puzzled

Pico Rivera, CA

#13 Mar 12, 2010
Oh NO wrote:
<quoted text>
u do kno thats what they did in Vietnam
If you mean they (being the U.S. government) placed known felons in the battlefield then you're right. Those felons brought their crimes to Vietnam and into the U.S. military.
JAIL TREJO

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#14 Mar 12, 2010
Its rather unfortunate that Andy Trejo was allowed freedom since he was such a large accessory in the case of Michael Gutierrez. He is released on time served and has yet another criminal case pending for a " defensive manner" with a weapon in hand again. I firmly believe that once a criminal always one which is very obvious in his case. Maybe him obtaining another charge will be his ticket into jail for sometime ( i hope). however, I always wonder if he used his time in jail to reflect on how he may want to change his life. NOT!!! because on MArch 18 he will be in a place yet so familiar to him. His home away from home. As his parents continue to dish out thousands and thousands of $$$ for a proper lawyer he will continue to get in and out of trouble. He goes around town as if he's never done anything...no shame at all. He is probably more concerned of his freedom then what impact he had on many lives. A life was lost for the worse to remain. They always say the best go first I just wished it was the other way around.
RING GIRL 51

Marysville, CA

#15 Mar 12, 2010
This is MY opinion and MY opinion only. It is very hard to post on a forum such as this where what you say is misunderstood because it is typed ;)

I do feel it is crucial for people to see how important this case (and other cases like this) is. There is a dangerous person out on the streets. He was released for time served (only 4 years) for Michaelís murder but, soon after being released tried to hurt another innocent person and yet is STILL out amongst us. Am I the only one who sees something wrong? He has several priors and yet he doesnít seem to pay the consequences that fit his crimes, we as citizens do! Currently, I feel that the legal system is very difficult to understand, it is not about right and wrong...it is about twisting it and bending it so that it seems like you didnít exactly break any laws! Its not about proving innocence, It is about proving that you didnít "really" cross the boundaries and thus did not do anything wrong.

Also, I feel gangs are a terrible crutch for the most insecure people in our society. I feel that people who join them do not have the support, love and true family concept from their own parents (or people who raised them). I believe that they crave the need to belong and be a part of something. They do not have the confidence to try and succeed on their own. I feel that the people in these gangs have never had any self respect and therefore do not feel the need to have it for anyone else. They probably were never corrected when they started to stray, never had the attention of someone to tell them that they were headed down the wrong path and that there were other options. I donít think that the guardians of gang members are always 100% responsible for who they become as adults or there action but I do feel that there denial (if any), lack of attention (if itís the case), and discipline techniques have a lot to do with it. No kid should be allowed to dress like a gang member or associate themselves with a gang in any way. I do not think it is a phase and I do not believe its something they will just "get over" UNLESS the guardian steps in.
anon

United States

#16 Mar 12, 2010
Just to clarify, I know he spent 4 years already in custody, but the reason he is out is because the max on the felony he plead to is only 3 years. He didn't plead to murder so he isn't charged with it (not that I agree)... So technically, the court can't put him in jail for something he's served a year over the max sentence on.

The only chance we have to get this criminal back in prison where he belongs is to hope he will be sent away for re-offending. I am almost positive he will be. The time he served on another case won't even count so he starts over. Hopefully they'll max him out again, and this time it will be enhanced because he has that previous felony the court will take into consideration! We can only hope :)

I'm not an attorney, but I work in court and this is just MY opinion. And on that note, I'm definitely not defending the legal system entirely but I just hope that makes a little more sense as to why he is out... it most definitely isn't because he's "getting away" with it... they legally can't sentence him to more than the law regulates as much as we want them to! And although in our hearts we know he played a big role in the murder of our dear friend, he isn't charged with that so God will find a way to justice in another way, and it looks like he's been working on it :) He will NOT get away with it!
Juror

Long Beach, CA

#17 Mar 12, 2010
We knew when we convicted Hector Garcia Jr. that Andy Trejo definitely played a big role in the murder of michael Gutierrez. We were not privy to any information about Trejo about where he was or what he was charged with. Our job was to determine the fate of Garcia, which we did after careful consideration.

After the fact, we were permitted to look into what happened to him and kind of put all the pieces together instead of being given part of the picture.

I haven't heard any mention of the fate of David "hitman" Rojas, but these guys should all be off the streets, and I hope that justice will find its way to them as well.
sp fam

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Mar 12, 2010
anon wrote:
Just to clarify, I know he spent 4 years already in custody, but the reason he is out is because the max on the felony he plead to is only 3 years. He didn't plead to murder so he isn't charged with it (not that I agree)... So technically, the court can't put him in jail for something he's served a year over the max sentence on.
The only chance we have to get this criminal back in prison where he belongs is to hope he will be sent away for re-offending. I am almost positive he will be. The time he served on another case won't even count so he starts over. Hopefully they'll max him out again, and this time it will be enhanced because he has that previous felony the court will take into consideration! We can only hope :)
I'm not an attorney, but I work in court and this is just MY opinion. And on that note, I'm definitely not defending the legal system entirely but I just hope that makes a little more sense as to why he is out... it most definitely isn't because he's "getting away" with it... they legally can't sentence him to more than the law regulates as much as we want them to! And although in our hearts we know he played a big role in the murder of our dear friend, he isn't charged with that so God will find a way to justice in another way, and it looks like he's been working on it :) He will NOT get away with it!
thank you for clarifying! I think everyone is just upset and disgusted that someone who has no regard for human life, is "allowed" to walk the streets with normal law abiding citizens and our children. But I know that this won't be the last time he will stand trial, BUT how many more lives will be taken in the mean time?! He has obviously shown that he has learned absolutely NOTHING from the death of Michael Gutierrez, he probably isn't even a thought in his mind, THAT is what is so frustrating to the people who love Michael and all the other victims.
stressbug

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Mar 12, 2010
I have no idea how Judge Arthur Jean thought it in the best interest of ANYONE but Trejo to allow him to go home. Maybe next time it will be someone he loves. As for Salcido, yea I always carry a gun and a metal pipe to defend myself for such instances where I need to act in a defensive manner. I know the man is just doing what he is being paid to do but a simple "no comment" would do well enough. The parents of this grown, so called man, Andrew, are so blind to think that he is innocent. The low life took a deal, that tells you that he agrees! If he didn't possess the gun to begin with Michael would still be here. Maybe there will be enough of Trejo's Rancho brother's in jail awaiting him when he DOES go back with a nice welcome home shank for snitching out Garcia and then we can plead them out too. That would be justice.
angry

Galveston, TX

#20 Mar 12, 2010
yes, i agree with sending them to replace our men and women, in the war. I think , if they think that carrying a gun and shooting and killing people , makes them a man , let them go to war and fight far a cause and not just for the hell of it. Just remimber, to all who feel they have to kill people, you must meet your maker one day! i don't believe in the death penalty, but I would want him to get the death penalty. THAT WOULD BE JUSTICE SERVED. A LIFE FOR A LIFE!
natalie hernandez

Chandler, AZ

#21 Mar 12, 2010
Our judicial system is pitiful, retarded and down right pathetic. Not only is this not a intelligent move on the court system and judicial system to keep an obviously aggressive person behind bars but what about the family who is suffering and still grieving over there sons passing this person should get the death penalty!!!!!!!!!!
john doe the 3

United States

#24 Mar 14, 2010
JAIL TREJO wrote:
Its rather unfortunate that Andy Trejo was allowed freedom since he was such a large accessory in the case of Michael Gutierrez. He is released on time served and has yet another criminal case pending for a " defensive manner" with a weapon in hand again. I firmly believe that once a criminal always one which is very obvious in his case. Maybe him obtaining another charge will be his ticket into jail for sometime ( i hope). however, I always wonder if he used his time in jail to reflect on how he may want to change his life. NOT!!! because on MArch 18 he will be in a place yet so familiar to him. His home away from home. As his parents continue to dish out thousands and thousands of $$$ for a proper lawyer he will continue to get in and out of trouble. He goes around town as if he's never done anything...no shame at all. He is probably more concerned of his freedom then what impact he had on many lives. A life was lost for the worse to remain. They always say the best go first I just wished it was the other way around.
only god can judge for all you jurors to take an innocent life and place it in a terrible place like prison are most likely going to hell.....
GOD LOVES ANDI

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Mar 15, 2010
if your hands are not clean than don't point your finger... This situation had nothing to do with the courts but has everything to do with GODS will. NO ONE CAN STOP THAT!!!! All have opinions but in the end your opinions don't count to a man that god gave a chance to live a righteous life in his holy name. God Bless Andi & God Bless the families who have suffered. & GOD BLESS ALL U HATEFUL PEOPLE :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How should an angry liberal celebrate the Fourt... 17 min spocko 489
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 1 hr Lynn 4,551
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr LeavesPharts 33,407
News Sweep targets local gang (Nov '08) 10 hr secret Asian man 125
News New owners take over Rolling Hills Club in Novato (Feb '10) 14 hr R and M and Duke 34
Trump should deport African Americans instead o... 15 hr Cotton Farmer 38
JCS admits scamming Mtb 19 hr Tick Tick Tick 7

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages