'Extreme' Santa Fe Springs home for sale

Full story: Whittier Daily News

The local home made famous on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" in March 2005, is for sale.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Apr 9, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerened

Independence, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 7, 2009
 
This sounds like the perfect home for the Suleman family with their 14 kids including octuplets. It would also get them away from the LA spotlight
uncle_vito

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 7, 2009
 
I don't even watch TV so I know nothing about this show.

But how could any house in SFS be desireable. They should have built the house in Newport Beach.

I get it. They build up a beater in a trashy neighborhood and then try to sell the house for more than the local comps. Good luck with that. Have to have a cash buyer because no bank will lend more than the appraisal.

BTW, housing is dead. Who would be interested in this house or the TV show.

Vito

Since: Jan 09

Duarte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Why would anyone want to stay in Santa Fe Springs anyway?

Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Number of rooms per house below state average.
Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
El Monte Flower Picker 13

South Gate, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 7, 2009
 
MSLSD wrote:
Why would anyone want to stay in Santa Fe Springs anyway?
Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Number of rooms per house below state average.
Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
"Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average."

You say that like it's a bad thing!?

Since: Jan 09

Duarte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 7, 2009
 
El Monte Flower Picker 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average."
You say that like it's a bad thing!?
It's bad when they're kids shoot and spray paint your garage doors and walls and paint they're houses blue and red in the neighborhood... Property values drop fast.
Tell it like it is

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 7, 2009
 
This comment goes out to the one who live in Bedrock, If you live anywhere above Royal Oaks I could say you have room to talk. Otherwise, pretty much the rest of the area of Duarte is just an average place to live just like anywhere else in San Gabriel Valley, all cities have good & bad areas. There is some house there that are like you've described in your area as well.Don't talk if you're not aware of your own neighborhood appearance.
Mrs Smith

Santa Clarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 7, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I am struck by what happen. And Shame on Loki Leomiti to take the Gifts and Thousands of Dollars that was meant for the Higgens Children. She and her family should not be in that house. It was for the Higgens Kids and those kids should be in it. It was one of the Higgins Kids to have this Extreme makeover in the first place. Thats just wrong..SHAME ON YOU LOKI LEOMITI...YOU CHEAT THE KIDS..WHAT AN UGLY GOLD DIGGER.
Mrs Smith

Santa Clarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 7, 2009
 
MSLSD wrote:
Why would anyone want to stay in Santa Fe Springs anyway?
Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Number of rooms per house below state average.
Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
Who are you? a white person who is jealous of what we have become...we have gone to the supreme court and many more will conquer all of orange county. too bad! don't hate white folks who know only one languauge, english only...awwh that is too bad hahahaha
Experianced

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 7, 2009
 
MSLSD wrote:
Why would anyone want to stay in Santa Fe Springs anyway?
Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
Number of rooms per house below state average.
Institutionalized population percentage above state average.
Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher significantly below state average.
This person lives in Duate! Hah! Not much difference between the two.
Rachel

Bell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Why would anyone want to pay $800,000 to live in Santa Fe Springs? Over priced, they are not gonna get it. I'd move my the Beach for that price. I wouldn't want to live in a home that innocent kids got kicked out of, unless the money went directly to the Kids.
AntiLeomitis

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

Its obvious the Leomitis are the ones writing the extremely offensive comments. Now everyone knows what kind of people they really are.
AntiLeomitis

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

I agree with Mrs. Smith. Loki and her family are all gold diggers. I heard that they forced one of the Higgins children to give up their car so that Phil Leomiti could get a truck. Those kids were happy to get those cars and you're going to take that much from them. Phil was upset because everyone got a expect for him. But, the car that his wife got was for the both of them to share. I guess he just wanted to be greedy. Maybe the reason the Leomitis are so defensive is because they know that there is no way anyone will buy that house.
Oh brother

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 8, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

AntiLeomitis wrote:
I agree with Mrs. Smith. Loki and her family are all gold diggers. I heard that they forced one of the Higgins children to give up their car so that Phil Leomiti could get a truck. Those kids were happy to get those cars and you're going to take that much from them. Phil was upset because everyone got a expect for him. But, the car that his wife got was for the both of them to share. I guess he just wanted to be greedy. Maybe the reason the Leomitis are so defensive is because they know that there is no way anyone will buy that house.
HA HA too funny. If there are so greedy. Ask them what they did with the cars they got from the show. There gone and they didn't get one cent for them. You sound like someone who was in or around the circle. They are not greedy people. You should know this. When the Leomitis can speak on their behalf then you'll see who was truely greedy. Let me give you a hint 7 letters starts with a C and ends with an S.
sfs resident

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

We have lived in the city for 25 years. It is by far one of the cleanest and well kept cities in LA County with very little violence or gang related problems (including graffiti).My children went to school with the kids in this story from both families. The Leomitis did what was right for those kids, but like so many good people their kindness and genorosity was thrown back into their faces by unthankful and greedy people. These kids could and would still have a home and a family had it not been for the older brothers greed and selfishness. He is the reason his siblings have nothing, not the Leomitis. Even after everything that was done and said to them they still selflessly welcomed those children back if they wanted. Like they say "no good deed goes unpunished". God bless you Leomitis family.God will reward your kindness.
Rebecca

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 8, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Sounds to me like you are a Leomiti. I feel for those Higgins kids. To lose their parents in so little time must be hard. Shame on the Leomitis for trying to put the blame on those Higgins kids who lost everything. And that house will not sell. Its just another act of selfishness on the Leomitis side. Has anyone else noticed how the Leomitis try to blame on the Higgins for the things they have done wrong? Well, all I can say is God Bless the Higgins family. Yes, the truth will come out but we all know who is telling the truth and it is not the Leomitis.
sfs resident

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 9, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Lol.. No i am not a Leomiti or related to them in any way. Like I said my children went to school with the kids involved with this mess. The family was heartbroken by the Higgins actions. The kids had been living with them for a while in their tiny home filled with love. The Higgins kids did contact the TV show, but their real hope was that the show would make "them" a home not the Leomiti's, unfortunetly for them the plan back fired because the show chose to reward the Leomiti family for their generosity for opening their home.This is according to the court papers and testimony of ABC studios when the Higgins filed a law suit againt ABC and Extreme makeover for not giving "them" a home. The judge threw out the lawsuit saying that they "the Higgins" family was not intitled to anything because the intent of their contact was to reward the leomiti family for their kindness toward them. People don't throw stones when you only are hearing part of the story and not what was actually in thee court documents.
impartial friend

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 13, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

It hurts to hear all of the insults, both towards the Leomiti's and the Higgins. I know in my heart that the Leomiti family did what was right in their hearts. I know the hurt they are going through during this ordeal. I know the issues between the two families, and I know that unless you really know all of the facts, you really have no business taking sides, and acusing anyone of anything. Leave them alone, and let them move on. At the end of the day when Phil and Loki stepped up and took those kids in when no one else would, it was because of their concern, and genuine love for them that they did so, not because of future gain. It's easy to throw stones from the outside, but what really needs to happen is for those who truly care to pray for all involved, and for those who don't know the facts to simply let them move on.
unethical realtors

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

It sounds like a very sad situation for everyone. There is always two sides to every story but leave it to the unethical realtors John and Rebecca Mercado to take advantage of the situation. I live in Whittier and have heard numerous stories about their unethical behaviors but this takes the cake!! Their real estate company "The Real Estate Store" is one large group of scam artists. Everything is done internally to keep everything hush, hush!! They are a take the money and run couple, so I hope this sale doesn't have any problems because you won't get a response except too bad hire an attorney.

Since: Jul 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 15, 2009
 
I lived in Santa Fe' Springs once
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 15, 2009
 
Just once.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent South Pasadena Discussions

Search the South Pasadena Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 min The Troll Stopper 200,564
Fugitive sought for shooting of pregnant woman ... (Nov '11) 11 min Cry baby 49
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 28 min Bruin For Life 26,957
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 34 min truth told 18,737
New judge takes a seat on Santa Cruz County Sup... (Aug '10) 57 min Helms-enator 9
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
sicko rapes pastor, 15-year-old daughter (Dec '07) 1 hr yallrwrong 2
•••
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••