Anglicans find a home in Old Torrance

Anglicans find a home in Old Torrance

There are 2 comments on the www.dailybreeze.com story from Oct 4, 2011, titled Anglicans find a home in Old Torrance. In it, www.dailybreeze.com reports that:

Four years ago, a small group of former Episcopalians - disheartened with the denomination - huddled in a Torrance living room for church services led by a Nigerian priest.

After the ordination of a gay bishop in 2003, these and other conservative members left the Episcopal Church, the U.S. arm of the historic Anglican Communion. They formed their own churches aligned with Anglican dioceses in Africa that shared their views on biblical teaching ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dailybreeze.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Oct 4, 2011
from dailybreeze:

"'It's been a difficult time for more than 50 years during this gradual split,' Smith said.

"After 2003, he said,'We knew there were effectively two churches, one that believed the historic faith and one that didn't.'"

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#2 Oct 5, 2011
YAWN!

Once the Reformation started how many people joined the 'new churches' and left dear old Holy Mother Church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Pee Pee Pete 32,619
Alec Baldwin Is A Disgusting Human Being!! (Sep '11) 12 hr Now_What- 16
News Vivian Romero is now Montebelloa s first openly... 19 hr Ted Haggard s Mas... 1
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Thu The Truth 2008 805
Pasadena Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep '16 Rick 2
Possible coyote in South Pasadena (Jun '08) May '16 ggg 32
News Auditors question South El Montea s relationshi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 concern citizen 1

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages