Glendale approves Korean 'comfort woman' statue despite Japanese protest

Jul 10, 2013 Full story: Glendale News-Press 76

Members of the council received hundreds of emails - many appearing to come from Japan - and listened to dozens of speakers at the Tuesday meeting who claimed the so-called "comfort women" were not indentured servants, but ordinary prostitutes.

Full Story
light7

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Jul 13, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the kind of stupid opinion I'd expect from a Korean. Nanjing was far worse. But keep thinking it was the worst if it makes you feel better.
The Korean government already accepted payment for what happened. End of story..
Criminal should repent...not excuse...
light7

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Jul 13, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the kind of stupid opinion I'd expect from a Korean. Nanjing was far worse. But keep thinking it was the worst if it makes you feel better.
The Korean government already accepted payment for what happened. End of story..
That's an excuse...If Japanese government don't follow UN's recommendation, then Japanese government should leave from UN.
That's the rule.
light7

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Jul 13, 2013
Tasmaniac wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Japanese government didn't pay for North Korea. even China.
That's not end of story, but beginning of the story for criminal.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#24 Jul 13, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the testimony, Japanese official lied and took the women to the army...And then they forced women to sex with soldiers.
The worst war crime in the history....But still criminal didn't repent.
A newspaper in South Korea reported on August 14, 1989 that local residents in the Jeju island denied the comfort women issue.

And the testimonies of ex-comfort women simply lacks credibility because they have changed their stories so many times.

Furthermore, some of them were arrested for fraud.
light7

Plainfield, IN

#25 Jul 13, 2013
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
A newspaper in South Korea reported on August 14, 1989 that local residents in the Jeju island denied the comfort women issue.
And the testimonies of ex-comfort women simply lacks credibility because they have changed their stories so many times.
Furthermore, some of them were arrested for fraud.
Victims are very old. Every Wednesday, there is a protest in front of the Japanese embassy in Seoul,. You can meet victims directly, and can listen their testimonies directly. Also there is a museum.
You can find enough information. https://www.womenandwar.net/contents/home/hom...

Now I understand why the UM ask Japanese government to teach general public.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#26 Jul 13, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an excuse...If Japanese government don't follow UN's recommendation, then Japanese government should leave from UN.
That's the rule.
I have never heard of such a rule. According to your own rule?
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#27 Jul 13, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Japanese government didn't pay for North Korea. even China.
That's not end of story, but beginning of the story for criminal.
There was no demand for the compensation from China, Because, today's China didn't exist when Japan was defeated in 1945.
However, Japan started to pay a lot of money to China as the form of ODA.
The compensation for North Korea was included in the compensation that the South Korean government received.
That was done on the premise that the South Korean government will pay it to North Korea when they are reunited.
light7

Plainfield, IN

#28 Jul 13, 2013
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no demand for the compensation from China, Because, today's China didn't exist when Japan was defeated in 1945.
However, Japan started to pay a lot of money to China as the form of ODA.
The compensation for North Korea was included in the compensation that the South Korean government received.
That was done on the premise that the South Korean government will pay it to North Korea when they are reunited.
I've never heard that the premise that the South Korean government will pay it to North Korea when they are reunited. Where did you get that info ?

What you means that Japan give the money for North to the South ?
No....That's not correct.
light7

Plainfield, IN

#29 Jul 13, 2013
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard of such a rule. According to your own rule?
I don't want to play with you.
Japan should follow what the UN urged.
Get Different Perspective

Covina, CA

#30 Jul 13, 2013
Mainstream media leaves you depressed, dumbed down, empty and hopeless.

Truth based media gives you a heads up and broadens your horizons. It protects your family, health, and life savings. It's your decision...

http://www.infowars.com/leaked-u-s-army-docum...

Once you have a taste of truthful reporting you never go back to mainstream contrived corporate media.

These hosts bash Republicans and Democrats equally because they know both sides are illuminati bought puppets out to screw us.

Give alternative news sources a chance before you knock them. Download these shows to your MP3 players and listen on your way to work or whatever. All you need from mainstream media is breaking news and traffic/weather. You can listen to all these shows on your smart phone as well.

Exposes US Gov Corruption and Global Wide Illuminati Plots

http://rss.infowars.com/Alex.rss

(Skip around, you'll learn something useful)

Exposes Wallstreet and absolutely teaches you how to protect your money from the crooked banksters

http://www.philsgang.com/pgfreeshowarchives.a...

Exposes Secret/Ancient Knowledge Suppressed In Modern History Books and suppressed medical cures/prevention for diseases like cancer, etc. This guy is a medical doctor.

http://www.soundwaves2000.com/radio_liberty/

Often Exposes NASA Disinformation and Possible Offworld Intelligence -Search "Coast to Coast 2012 Shows" on Youtube and listen or use downloader -This is one way /Or get a CC Witness radio and record AM from your local affiliate. There is CIA disinfo injected from some of the guests but you learn how to identify it after a while by researching the guests' backgrounds. The hosts are simply great.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C2CVAULT...

Connects Bible Predictions/Prophecy to Modern Day Events -How Illuminati uses bible prophecy to plan false flag disasters eg. earthquakes, etc. There could also be some CIA brainwashing here as well from some of the guest lecturers but they give a heads up of what to look out for/predict down the road. The host does a good job of teaching about the bible and does not fear political correctness.

http://prophecyclub.com/TPC_Audio_Video.html

These radio hosts should do a show together or at least make guest appearences on each others shows. They all value truth and liberty in their own way.

Here's my take on it. Don't be afraid to speak out as we are all on some type of list by now:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

You have to understand that free speech on the net is about to be clamped down on in America.-mainland China style.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#31 Jul 13, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Victims are very old. Every Wednesday, there is a protest in front of the Japanese embassy in Seoul,. You can meet victims directly, and can listen their testimonies directly. Also there is a museum.
You can find enough information. https://www.womenandwar.net/contents/home/hom...
Now I understand why the UM ask Japanese government to teach general public.
Don't you have nothing to say about the newspaper and the fraud?
Because of their age? It is understandable if those were slight changes.
Of course, people forget, but their changes were.....lol
As for teaching general public, I say exactly the same to you.

To get back to the subject, i do think it's a very weird idea.
light7

Plainfield, IN

#32 Jul 13, 2013
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have nothing to say about the newspaper and the fraud?
Because of their age? It is understandable if those were slight changes.
Of course, people forget, but their changes were.....lol
As for teaching general public, I say exactly the same to you.
To get back to the subject, i do think it's a very weird idea.
I don't know which article you mentioned.
Does that is Korea newspaper or Japanese newspaper?

What I am thinking is that Japanese government should follow the UN's recommendation. If other country invaded your country, and took 200,000 women for sex slavery, then you may understand my mind.

That's the worst crime in the history.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#33 Jul 14, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know which article you mentioned.
Does that is Korea newspaper or Japanese newspaper?
What I am thinking is that Japanese government should follow the UN's recommendation. If other country invaded your country, and took 200,000 women for sex slavery, then you may understand my mind.
That's the worst crime in the history.
It's Korean newspaperóJeju newspaper. Can you read Korean? If so, please search.

Whatever the recommendation is, why do you insist on it so much?

Should it be between two countries?
Modern Comfort Women

San Jose, CA

#34 Jul 14, 2013
Why not helping and saving today's comfort women?

They've still been suffering for over half a century even after WW-II. Just the customers were changed from the Japanese army to the USA army, but their business has kept on going..

We need to stop their violence and save poor women.

Modern-Day Comfort Women
http://vaw.sagepub.com/content/13/9/901
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#35 Jul 14, 2013
I found it on the internet but didn't bookmarked it.
Please google it by yourself.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#36 Jul 14, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard that the premise that the South Korean government will pay it to North Korea when they are reunited. Where did you get that info ?
What you means that Japan give the money for North to the South ?
No....That's not correct.
My last comment was for light7. Sorry.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#37 Jul 14, 2013
Modern Comfort Women wrote:
Why not helping and saving today's comfort women?
They've still been suffering for over half a century even after WW-II. Just the customers were changed from the Japanese army to the USA army, but their business has kept on going..
We need to stop their violence and save poor women.
Modern-Day Comfort Women
http://vaw.sagepub.com/content/13/9/901
I can't agree more.
Alice

Nihon'odori, Japan

#38 Jul 14, 2013
We need to focus on now, not the past or racial/national hatred. So, I'm out.
Wish you all have a nice day!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#39 Jul 14, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>Please check what Germany government did for the victim of world ward II. Please learn from the whole world.
Japan isn't Germany though is it

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#40 Jul 14, 2013
light7 wrote:
<quoted text>That's an excuse...If Japanese government don't follow UN's recommendation, then Japanese government should leave from UN.
That's the rule.
The UN told Korea to stop being racist. They're still racist

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Growing e-cigarette trend raises safety concerns (Jul '13) 2 hr Ronald 129
Demolition of Sunkist site marks the end of an era (Apr '10) 4 hr Ginger Hotard 20
La Habra Heights author Regina Phelan dies (May '10) 5 hr Clarice 4
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 15 hr tellinitlikeitis 1,312
Appellate court upholds ruling voiding Montebel... 17 hr Chaconaholic 7
The Fire of God (Sep '12) 18 hr Taajsgpm 6
I want to breed my red nose pitbull MALE 18 hr MKMK2424 1

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News