Suspect, 15, held in killing denies weapons charges

Sep 5, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

“He told me that (Paul Kim) told him he would kill his family if he told us anything about the stabbing or the guns.”

A 15-year-old boy arrested during an investigation into the July killing of a man in Rowland Heights denied multiple weapons charges Tuesday at Pasadena Superior Court. via San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
truth

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

yeah, it was paul kim and hong van them (all straight up wah ching)stabbed the guy in rowland heights at the party!
Slicks

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Hope the cops get them fkers. Chris was just defending some girls that were harrased by them and he gets stabbed and killed by them cowards. Burn in hell paul, you korean and you kill your own with them chinese. F you.
PurpleSunflowers

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

Maybe it was self-defense?
I read that at the memorial site for the victim there are rival gang writings and symbols.

Paul Kim is 16 and the stabbing victim was 20. From what I've heard there's quite a size difference too and Paul Kim is a small guy.

I've also heard from kids who have gone to the same school as Paul Kim that he's not a bad kid.
Lol

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

In response to PurpleSunflowers:
Self defense? Are you kidding? Self defense is when someone is attacking you and you do whatever you can to stop it and thats understandable, but when the victim is stabbed over 7 times all around his body than chased to his car to be brutally killed and "finished off",thats called MURDER. You should read the article more throughly, its not an essay. Innocent people do not threaten to kill other peoples families to keep their mouth shut about a crime they "didnt do".*Cough* By the way... so you heard he wasnt a bad kid, huh? Let me ask you this... How many good kids do you know that are in Gangs who carry knives around and owns illegal stolen firearms? Wake up... this world is sick and we're all in it.
PurpleSunflowers

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2007

Judged:

In response to Lol...

He hasn't even been charged in the crime, yet you've already convicted him.

I have read the article thoroughly.. I've read all the articles about what happened. None of the articles say anything about how many times the victim was stabbed or that he apparently was chased to his car. First I've heard of that was from your post. It very well could have been in self defense.

As far as Kim's supposed threat to keep other peoples' families quiet, I'm assuming that came from the article about Richard Ong being arrested and cops finding all those guns in his house. Of course.. blame it on Paul Kim. Why wouldn't he?

Look.. I'm not on anyone's "side" here, but I really hate seeing people convicted in the media and by others before they are even charged with a crime due to bits and pieces from news articles. Wasn't the victim part of a rival gang?

Yes, I did hear that he wasn't a bad kid. My kids had gone to the same school with him.

I feel bad for the victim and the victim's family and friends, but I don't think it's right to convict Paul Kim when the whole story isn't even known.
Slicks

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

Chris was not part of any gang but Paul and his coward friends were. 10 or more against 1 guy, come on now. If Paul didn't do it, why the fck is he hiding? What does he have to hide and why do you think his friends that got arrested got released if they had a hand in chris's murder? Chris was stabbed in the cheek, back of the neck, several times in his torso area. I know cause I know chris and his friends personally and the unidentified man who was also stabbed alongside him. Your kids are just tryin to protect paul's stupid ass. A word of advice, make sure your kids aren't gang banging with these dumbasses. Seriously, fukers are 18 to 20 and they still banging, with no life or future. Have fun workin at mcdonalds for the rest of your lives.
chinese

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2007

Judged:

i<3paulkim
RedTed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Judged:

I knew ricky ung personally, he was a good person. Good person in general, made some bad decisions. Thats it.
Words

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

Judged:

I've known Ricky Ung for awhile now and met Paul Kim earlier this year. None of them are bad kids. They just made some bad decisions in their lives and made idiotic mistakes that will haunt them the rest of their lives.
rawr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

Judged:

I knew ricky and I was pretty close to him
I Knew his decisions were bad and that they were going to get him into trouble
but i still miss him at school and his friendship
throw

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

paul got his ass beat when last i saw him at HS
Lol

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Fawkin kids I swear..
anonymous

Granada Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Judged:

PAUL KIM IS A GOOD GUY. ALL OF YOU GUYS SHUT THE FCK UP. YES, he was DOING IT FOR SELF DEFENSE, THAT FOO WAS 21.. WTF U WANT A 16 YEAR OLD TO DO, STAND THERE AND GET HIS ASSS KICKED?
anonymous

Granada Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Judged:

Slicks, you better shut the fck up aiight? I'm guessing you are Justin Koh? Better watch your mouth son. It wasn't 10v1. It was 1v1, all of Paul's homies were watching. don't say shiit if you don't know shit. I'm a friend of paul's.
t0q03z

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

In response to anonymous and all the people trying to support Paul Kim:
People say he used to be a good kid at school and all, but basically he screwed himself over completely. I really don't think anyone should care about how good he was before, because he has already committed a crime. It also doesn't matter if Paul Kim was trying to act in self-defense, because wangsters try to act tough and stick up for themselves. If they have their friends or backup, than they feel more safe. Chris died honorably for trying to help the girls, and I sincerely think that Paul Kim should stop hiding. Where did all his authority go? Isn't he such a brave guy for fatally stabbing someone? No. Not really. Quite obviously he is scared and I do know how he looks like, and if I ever do find him I will personally get someone to take him down or take him down myself just like he did to Chris.
wxyzxzyxw

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

stfu t0q03z if you do see him he'll beat your ass and slicks.. just stop bsing.. Chris was still affiliated and stuff.. and i don't think it's justin kao.. that pussy got a seizure from a freshmen and a lot of Chris' friend chill in west co. i know paul a lot.. he doesn't start crap like these unless someone else starts it.. and he ain't a wankster coward cause all his friends jumping in or anything.. paul isn't a coward he handles stuff by himself.. Chris is an idiot and so is the media for not saying the whole truth.
anonymous

Granada Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2007

hey t0q03z, please shut up.
"It also doesn't matter if Paul Kim was trying to act in self-defense, because wangsters try to act tough and stick up for themselves"
Wankster? haha. If Paul hasn't acted, then HE would be dead. damm dog, get it straight foo. you don't "personally" know him do you?
"Chris died honorably for trying to help the girls" and thats all bullshyt? Chris started beef with paul.
haha, also.. "and if I ever do find him I will personally get someone to take him down or take him down myself just like he did to Chris. " why would you get someone to take him down fool? you little pussie? and i highly doubt you will take him down. he will take you down before you could take him down. he will kick ur ass. dun think ur all hard now, sir. And also, if you did take him down... then why the FCUK are u complaining for what he did? He's just SELF DEFENSE DUMB BIETCH! You would do the same too scumbag.
anonymous

Granada Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2007

+1 MEDIA DONT KNOW SHIT. they are all full of bullshit. i was a good friend of paul. i know him. wxyzxzyxw is right, Paul does not start shit wit people for reason unless others start it with him.
dkdajlkd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

stay up and be safe paul!
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

for you guys who are saying paul started it, you guys don't even know the fckn story. get your facts straight, paul is a good kid. it was self-defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 min TONY BENEDDETO 18,837
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 27,044
Shooting of pregnant South El Monte woman may b... 8 hr Girl 1
Encinas hospital subject of probe (Aug '08) 11 hr former outpatient 25
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr Pea solved 200,564
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr Donny B 7,922
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
•••

South Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

South Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••