Take A Look Into Topix - Mass Bullying Across Thousands Of Small US Towns

Feb 8, 2013 Full story: Silicon Valley Watcher 563

My name is Virginia Olive Hoge and I am in the strange and fated position of being one of the first people who noticed that something very alarming was happening on Topix.com. Over three and a half years ago, I noticed how it was being used as a vehicle for slander, to batter people online.

Full Story

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#443 Feb 28, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
Ricky! LOL
I swear he sounds like Force Manure!

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#444 Feb 28, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I swear he sounds like Force Manure!
Probably is.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#445 Feb 28, 2013
cool whip wrote:
area fifty one alert telling top mod fifteen they are powerless
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen laughing at area fifty one
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
area fifty one alert stupid is as stupid does
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen told you
the original can not be altered
you can only alter the original in reply
the only software full of holes, is you
ginny as stan_kilohertz
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen outs ginny as stan
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
more third person lunacy
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny denies shes stan_kilohert, lol
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen laughing at ginny
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
geno while in portland oregon
uses a fullerton california proxy address
to tell ginny ip's dont lie. rofl
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan, third person paranoia
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
tells geno to mind his own ip
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
paranoid and angry
genos trolling her
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen laughing at ginny
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
geno tells ginny shes outed
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
more third person paranoia
says spends every waking minute filing abuse reports.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny forgets to report herself, lol
etc.. etc...
favorite
top mod fifteen fed up with ginny trolling as stan
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4... .
Wow, you link-keepers blow me away! lol

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#446 Feb 28, 2013
-Persephone- wrote:
<quoted text>Probably is.
After I saw Mod 8 bust him for trolling a women on Offbeat with "vulgar" posts, in greybox, I wouldn't rule him out. He's a furtive, sneaky sort of vulgar, lol.
Good morning, nice to 'meet' you.
Chicago PD

United States

#447 Feb 28, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>After I saw Mod 8 bust him for trolling a women on Offbeat with "vulgar" posts, in greybox, I wouldn't rule him out. He's a furtive, sneaky sort of vulgar, lol.
Good morning, nice to 'meet' you.
He's on our ten most wanted list. Chicago is probably the only place on earth where he's actually wanted.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#448 Feb 28, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>After I saw Mod 8 bust him for trolling a women on Offbeat with "vulgar" posts, in greybox, I wouldn't rule him out. He's a furtive, sneaky sort of vulgar, lol.
Good morning, nice to 'meet' you.
And Hegel's bestest Topix buddy!

LOL

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#449 Feb 28, 2013
Hahahahaha!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#450 Feb 28, 2013
Chicago PD wrote:
<quoted text>He's on our ten most wanted list. Chicago is probably the only place on earth where he's actually wanted.
Hmmmm....'F-man wanted'....methinks that belongs on the 'Oxymoron' thread over on Offbeat, lol.

“I'm just a country boy”

Since: Feb 13

.Rooster Run, Ky

#451 Feb 28, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you link-keepers blow me away! lol
Not I! it was a cut and paste of the previous poster's compilation.

I use my Microsoft Word for real work :-)

(and yes those who do are like "Stalka-Pedias"!)

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#453 Feb 28, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I hope it's not too bad on y'all and your hubby has safe travels!
I have another granddaughter who's 14 months, still a very good age! I watch them both on Mondays, and always end the day in a very good mood.
We got a bit of it and it's supposed to
go on until Monday....so much for my early
spring. lol

I miss having babies in the house.
A couple of yrs ago we talked about having
another baby. I'm glad we decided against
it.

Grand kids are the way to go.
You can love them up, spoil them rotten
then send them home w/their parents. lol

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#454 Feb 28, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not I! it was a cut and paste of the previous poster's compilation.
I use my Microsoft Word for real work :-)
(and yes those who do are like "Stalka-Pedias"!)
Stalka-Pedias, LOLOL! You should submit that to the urban dictionary! How clever!

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#455 Feb 28, 2013
cool whip wrote:
area fifty one alert telling top mod fifteen they are powerless
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen laughing at area fifty one
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
area fifty one alert stupid is as stupid does
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen told you
the original can not be altered
you can only alter the original in reply
the only software full of holes, is you
ginny as stan_kilohertz
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen outs ginny as stan
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
more third person lunacy
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny denies shes stan_kilohert, lol
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen laughing at ginny
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
geno while in portland oregon
uses a fullerton california proxy address
to tell ginny ip's dont lie. rofl
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan, third person paranoia
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
tells geno to mind his own ip
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
paranoid and angry
genos trolling her
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
top mod fifteen laughing at ginny
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
geno tells ginny shes outed
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny as stan
more third person paranoia
says spends every waking minute filing abuse reports.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4...
ginny forgets to report herself, lol
etc.. etc...
favorite
top mod fifteen fed up with ginny trolling as stan
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TLI0TE4... .
LOLOLOLOL!!!

http://open.salon.com/blog/virginia888/2011/1...

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#456 Feb 28, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
How could ANYONE say NO ONE accessed her IP? or shared it?
very fishy!~..~
I know. also, a troll Emily who was trolling me and PI on a thread started by CT himself, said the Mods not only accessed our IP, but the IP addresses anyone who responded to our posts:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/paducah-ky/TN...
__Emily__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to remember that the moderators have a record of my posts. They can also check the IP address of those who respond to you and your gang of idiots.

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#457 Feb 28, 2013
Lawdy Lawdy wrote:
Ginny was Area 51 Alert???? That idiot trolled the hell out of me, before the dumbass got BANNED! ROFL!!!!
No I wasn't. Lawdy, lawdy, the lies you put out about me daily. Talk about shooting the messenger!

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#458 Feb 28, 2013
Chicago PD wrote:
<quoted text>He's on our ten most wanted list. Chicago is probably the only place on earth where he's actually wanted.
*eye-roll*

“I'm just a country boy”

Since: Feb 13

.Rooster Run, Ky

#459 Feb 28, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Stalka-Pedias, LOLOL! You should submit that to the urban dictionary! How clever!
Although I am a registered contributor for legal/technical definitions @ Wikipedia, I have no affiliation with urban dictionary.

My gift to you then; as thanks for kind words./:-)(hat tip).

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#461 Feb 28, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I am a registered contributor for legal/technical definitions @ Wikipedia, I have no affiliation with urban dictionary.
My gift to you then; as thanks for kind words./:-)(hat tip).
Aw shucks! Thanks!:-)

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#462 Feb 28, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>After I saw Mod 8 bust him for trolling a women on Offbeat with "vulgar" posts, in greybox, I wouldn't rule him out. He's a furtive, sneaky sort of vulgar, lol.
Good morning, nice to 'meet' you.
Nice to meet you too! I heard about that. I think he was pervin' last summer a bit too. he could be funny if he didn't refer to himself in the third person so much.

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#463 Feb 28, 2013
-Kevin- wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/vacaville-ca/T2VDU1DPJUGLV70 MV
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vacaville-ca/...
BTW the one above had Barbi's FIRST account. She's on number 4 now. ;-)
What are you a manager of Rick?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vacaville-ca/...
LOL
This one was funny too
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vacaville-ca/...
LOL...I forgot about these.
cool whip

United States

#464 Feb 28, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out a follow up to that conversation:post# 278
Dear Stan,
Since you are so close to Virginia maybe you can make her listen. No one has ever hacked her computer though she wants me to provide her proof that it has never happened. No one has ever given out her IP address though she wants me to provide proof that this has never happened. She also wants proof that people don't work for Topix even though when making the request she stated that she wasn't going to believe me no matter what I said.
Stan you seem like a very level headed guy and since you are an investigative reporter maybe you can convince Ginny that making accusations about things without proof and then insisting that others provide proof of stuff that never happened is just not the most rational course of action.
Tell her that when she provided definitive proof that someone has hacked her machine as a direct result of information provided by Topix then we will launch an investigation. Tell her when she has actual proof that Topix pays people to reply to her posts then we will be happy to take a look at it.
Tell her that proclaiming herself as a Troll buster might be the reason why she garners so much attention from trolls. Tell her that saying "the mods presence is not wanted nor required" might be why the mods are not motivated to jump to her rescue every time people start calling her out on her rants. Though if she files feedback then we are bound to review them just as we do for everyone.
Tell her that I have nothing against her but this constant back and forth asking the same questions, making the same accusations, again and again is just to tiresome sometimes.
How could ANYONE say NO ONE accessed her IP? or shared it?
very fishy!~..~
"Dear Stan,
Since you are so close to Virginia"



lol





four





thousand





charater




limit





"Tell her that I have nothing against her but this constant back and forth asking the same questions, making the same accusations, again and again is just to tiresome sometimes."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 28,165
Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) 6 hr Swedenforever 23
I got a massage with a "happy ending"- am I a b... 13 hr terrywa 1
Alleged 710 Freeway taggers arrested (Feb '10) 14 hr Chris Garnica 40
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Oct '14 Ricardo 16
Police: 2 South Pasadena Students Planned High ... Aug '14 MIKETOUHY 3
South Pasadena to issue first emergency notific... Jul '14 Thomasjacob 1

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at November 22 at 1:15PM PST

South Pasadena News Video

South Pasadena Dating
Find my Match

South Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

South Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in South Pasadena

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:37 am PST