CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming

CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 12, 2010

4,598 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7160 Feb 14, 2013
Did you know you can also correlate climate change pretty easily with solar storms and sun spots? Every good scientist knows correlation does not prove causation, period. Never has. Never will. At best we have very weak correlation based on a weak model and we are spending tons of money on it and sending a countless number of people into an unnecessary panic. Certainly the climate is something we should monitor and be aware of, but when science becomes part of an agenda things are sure to get messy.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7161 Feb 14, 2013
A peer-reviewed survey of 1077 geoscientists and engineers finds that "only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis," according to James Taylor, writing at Forbes.com . As he points out, if there is a scientific consensus at all, it would have to be skepticism toward anthropogenic global warming. Yet President Obama in his State of the Union speech Tuesday cited the now-discredited notion of such a consensus as the foundation of his green agenda.

It is bunk.

Not only is global warming a fallacy and fraud, it is being sold by President Obama on the basis of a fallacy and fraud.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/02/g...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7162 Feb 14, 2013

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7163 Feb 14, 2013
Science is not a numbers game. As Einstein said when Hitler commissioned a pamphlet called 100 Scientists Against Einstein: "If I were wrong, one would have been enough." (H/T Marc Morano)

Nonetheless, I think we should all be quietly encouraged by the recent letter by 50 former NASA astronauts, engineers and scientists protesting at the way their once-great institution has been prostituting its name in order to promote the great man-made global warming scam.

The letter says:

We, the undersigned, respectfully request that NASA and the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) refrain from including unproven remarks in public releases and websites. We believe the claims by NASA and GISS, that man-made carbon dioxide is having a catastrophic impact on global climate change are not substantiated, especially when considering thousands of years of empirical data. With hundreds of well-known climate scientists and tens of thousands of other scientists publicly declaring their disbelief in the catastrophic forecasts, coming particularly from the GISS leadership, it is clear that the science is NOT settled.

The unbridled advocacy of CO2 being the major cause of climate change is unbecoming of NASA’s history of making an objective assessment of all available scientific data prior to making decisions or public statements.

As former NASA employees, we feel that NASA’s advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate. We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject. At risk is damage to the exemplary reputation of NASA, NASA’s current or former scientists and employees, and even the reputation of science itself.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7164 Feb 14, 2013
The age of the earth is about 5 billion years. Life has existed for about 4 billion years. If life were "fragile" surely some catastrophic event would have wiped it out many times by now.

It is incredible to me that this whole issue began with a misunderstanding. It's been nearly twenty years since renowned climatologist and champion amateur fisherman, Dr. Hadley Murchenson warned that his favorite bait was being over-harvested. His clarion call on the subject of global worming has since been distorted by fellow scientists, and his untimely death in 2003 from a severe carp bite ended his efforts to clarify the matter.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7165 Feb 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
The age of the earth is about 5 billion years. Life has existed for about 4 billion years. If life were "fragile" surely some catastrophic event would have wiped it out many times by now.
It is incredible to me that this whole issue began with a misunderstanding. It's been nearly twenty years since renowned climatologist and champion amateur fisherman, Dr. Hadley Murchenson warned that his favorite bait was being over-harvested. His clarion call on the subject of global worming has since been distorted by fellow scientists, and his untimely death in 2003 from a severe carp bite ended his efforts to clarify the matter.
If you had any education you would know this, there have been many mass extinction events, and the coal and oil deposits reflect this, there are time periods where none exist

they coincide directly with mass extinction events

We know where not to look, as that strata did not have life to support the creation of oil and coal.
Mongol Man

Fallbrook, CA

#7166 Feb 14, 2013
Inspector wrote:
Look another Republican gets away with MURDER.
A crane inspector will not be going to prison for fabricating inspections of New York City cranes and weather reports.
You expect me to believe there is a Republican in New York?
Reality Check

Alameda, CA

#7167 Feb 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any education you would know this, there have been many mass extinction events, and the coal and oil deposits reflect this, there are time periods where none exist
they coincide directly with mass extinction events
We know where not to look, as that strata did not have life to support the creation of oil and coal.
Coal and oil are made from plants, not animals. Google it.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7168 Feb 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had any education you would know this, there have been many mass extinction events, and the coal and oil deposits reflect this, there are time periods where none exist
they coincide directly with mass extinction events
We know where not to look, as that strata did not have life to support the creation of oil and coal.
More bull S from the global warming worshiper. There have been mass extinctions and climate changes long before man used oil and coal. Why do you lie so much? Find a real religion.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7169 Feb 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal and oil are made from plants, not animals. Google it.
But Big D is an expert, he even has a telescope and speaks to little boys.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7170 Feb 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal and oil are made from plants, not animals. Google it.
You arent wrong

The P-Tr extention event wiped out a large portion of the plant life as well.
Marcus Gladste

Napa, CA

#7171 Feb 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But Big D is an expert, he even has a telescope and speaks to little boys.
Y'all got to get it right. GOD makes all this stuff. I am not responsible for nothing and that is because GOD has a mysterious plan and I figger in it. The christian religion is gods only door and the gatekeepers is in them suits. PAY ATTENTION to SIGNS. The signs say it is time to arm everybody pronto and right away as the heathens is coming and we cant expect nobody to do nothing as they always dont do it. Give no more free nothing and close the borders as they is not letting those complaining so and sos on that carnval boat come back to the us but will drop em off at guantanamo for a debriefing. Heres your coupon for the nexct ride. HARK.
HighMilage

Covina, CA

#7172 Feb 14, 2013
Just like this stupid posts topic and Tea Bagers:

Freedom Works, the powerful Tea Party organization, reportedly made a promotional video featuring a woman wearing a panda costume pretending to have oral sex with another wearing a Hillary Clinton mask, Mother Jones magazine reports.

http://www.motherjones.com/

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7173 Feb 14, 2013
Marcus Gladste wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all got to get it right. GOD makes all this stuff. I am not responsible for nothing and that is because GOD has a mysterious plan and I figger in it. The christian religion is gods only door and the gatekeepers is in them suits. PAY ATTENTION to SIGNS. The signs say it is time to arm everybody pronto and right away as the heathens is coming and we cant expect nobody to do nothing as they always dont do it. Give no more free nothing and close the borders as they is not letting those complaining so and sos on that carnval boat come back to the us but will drop em off at guantanamo for a debriefing. Heres your coupon for the nexct ride. HARK.
You are really mixed up. Get some help.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7174 Feb 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You arent wrong
The P-Tr extention event wiped out a large portion of the plant life as well.
Does that mean you are here to save the world this time....lol
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7175 Feb 14, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean you are here to save the world this time....lol
You making stuff up again, I am talking about an actual event, history.

There are a number of theories about the event, but the Serbian traps are the most likely cause.

It was the largest extinction event in history that we are aware of.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#7176 Feb 14, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal and oil are made from plants, not animals. Google it.
I stand corrected, it was not the extinction event, but other unfavorable conditions at other times for the plant organisms responsible for coal and oil that were unrelated to the P-Tr event.

Thanks for challenging me on that, I stand corrected.

When I am wrong, I say I am wrong.
Skinny

Covina, CA

#7177 Feb 14, 2013
Look what I bought says McIntit;

The West Covina City Council has a new member, a real estate developer who has donated thousands of dollars to the election campaigns of the council members who appointed him Tuesday.

Hope the little twerp can handle it better that his fat buddies, Mike Touhey and George Ogden. Has anyone offered either one of them a "heart attack burger."

The lazy ones have woken up, the lies being told by the Baldwin Park police depatment are the same ones told by a Orange COunty city before and after it was taken over by the Sheriffs Department, it coast a lot less with the sheriffs Department.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#7178 Feb 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected, it was not the extinction event, but other unfavorable conditions at other times for the plant organisms responsible for coal and oil that were unrelated to the P-Tr event.
Thanks for challenging me on that, I stand corrected.
When I am wrong, I say I am wrong.
lol....How can you be wrong, science is absolute proof...lol...You are wrong most of the time on almost every topic you post. The alarmist religion is false, the sky is not falling, even if it was, you are not big enough to save it.
Torn Open

Covina, CA

#7179 Feb 14, 2013
No longer, under proposed legislation to bar police from using condoms against prostitutes.

California Assembly Bill 336 would disallow possession of one or more condoms as evidence of sexual solicitation in arrests or prosecutions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News L.G.B.T. Asian-Americans share stories to educa... 9 min Pope Ben Out To P... 8
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) 48 min Chazofsaints 95
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr stupid republicans 20,391
Possible coyote in South Pasadena (Jun '08) May '16 ggg 32
News Auditors question South El Montea s relationshi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 concern citizen 1
News How to prepare for a destructive El Nino winter (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Duped 6
News Teen in coma as suspects appear in court - Whit... (Mar '08) Aug '15 Montebello Brat 15

South Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

South Pasadena Mortgages